PDA

View Full Version : Mysteries of the Universe

Chris
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Where does pocket lint come from? Does someone own a factory where they make it. And how does it get into your pockets. The Lint Fairy? And if so, is this the same Lint Fairy that puts it in your belly button? What is lint anyway? Is it a naturally-occuring substance? Does it grow on lint trees? Or is it mined from deep in the earth? Or is it man made? Like polyester. Or Twinkies. Does it have magical properties all on it's own or is all the magic from the Lint Fairy. Does the Lint Fairy work for God or Satan? I mean, the sneaky little SOB is kinda' shady if you ask me. Especially the belly button lint thing....... hey! Maybe there's two- the Pocket Lint Fairy that works for God and the Belly Button Lint Fairy...... I dunno. The whole lint thing is just confusing.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/800px-Pocket_lint.jpg

JJ Apache
03-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Its not magical, but it does do something amazing. It holds smells........All kinds of smells! Especially belly button lint. The most wonderfully disgusting scents not found in nature! And it comes in every color of the rainbow..........."Taste the Rainbow" :biggrinjester:

Davidmnc
03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Finaly.......some thing Chris does not know!

Sea-Dated
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
I imagine Chris will have a full answer and explanation shortly.....

Davidmnc
03-18-2009, 09:56 AM
I imagine Chris will have a full answer and explanation shortly.....

After my comment I am sure he will not let us down!

JJ Apache
03-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Finaly.......some thing Chris does not know!

Dude, Chris knows Everything!!!!!!

Airpacker
03-18-2009, 09:57 AM
You should form a study group and a committee and apply for 4 million dollars from the government to produce an in depth study on the health effects of pocket lint vs. belly button lint and their impact on society and the world economy.

clayinaustin
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Chris! Step away from the crack pipe! :p

cigdaze
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I suspect it may be a collection of intertwined microfibers discarded from fabric agitation and abrasion which are subsequently cohesively bound together in a matrix of fatty acids and proteins released from the wearer. Naturally, they collect in the lowermost bowels of your pockets. Now, belly-button lint...I shudder to think about the composition and origins of what may lurk in there.

Jon,
How about that 4 million bucks!

:D

Boss252
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Its not magical, but it does do something amazing. It holds smells........All kinds of smells! Especially belly button lint. The most wonderfully disgusting scents not found in nature! And it comes in every color of the rainbow..........."Taste the Rainbow" :biggrinjester:

And how exactly do you know this? :smilielol5:

Chris
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Ya' think I could get a couple billion in Stimulus bucks for this one?

glassdave
03-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I think it has something to do with the dryer, maybe thats where the lint ferry lives. Think about it . . . . the lint trap is always full . . . . your pockets always still have lint . . . coincidence . . . . I think not.

mosi
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
False Dave.......The lint falls out of your pocket in the dryer and gets caught by the lint trap.

I know that that there is not room in a dryer for 2 creatures and it has been proven that the sock eating fairy lives in the dryer.

We must figure out, how does the lint fairy get the lint into your pockets?

cigdaze
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Ya' thhing I could get a couple billion in Stimulus bucks for this one?I don't see why not. It could be the new fuel for the next millennium.

Tony
03-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I'l put an end to the mysterey.

I baited the trap with an old peice of pocket.:sifone:

Bobcat
03-18-2009, 01:27 PM
well easter is coming up so the lint is appropriate for you catholic folks

BlackJack58
03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
But since you always seem to get lint in the dryer filter after each drying -- using the same socks or sweater, how many cycles would it take for the socks or sweater to disappear altogether...?

old377guy
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Chris;150722]Where does pocket lint come from? Does someone own a factory where they make it. And how does it get into your pockets. The Lint Fairy? And if so, is this the same Lint Fairy that puts it in your belly button? What is lint anyway? Is it a naturally-occuring substance? Does it grow on lint trees? Or is it mined from deep in the earth? Or is it man made? Like polyester. Or Twinkies. Does it have magical properties all on it's own or is all the magic from the Lint Fairy. Does the Lint Fairy work for God or Satan? I mean, the sneaky little SOB is kinda' shady if you ask me. Especially the belly button lint thing....... hey! Maybe there's two- the Pocket Lint Fairy that works for God and the Belly Button Lint Fairy...... I dunno. The whole lint thing is just confusing.

pocket rocket padding

phragle
03-18-2009, 01:45 PM
you fools have been drinking his koolaid again havent you....

Sea-Dated
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
But since you always seem to get lint in the dryer filter after each drying -- using the same socks or sweater, how many cycles would it take for the socks or sweater to disappear altogether...?

I have wondered that one myself.......

How long before a sock becomes nothing more than lint?:biggrinjester:

mosi
03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
FYI......
.... After three years of research, Georg Steinhauser, a chemist, has discovered a type of body hair that traps stray pieces of lint and draws them into the navel.

Dr Steinhauser made his discovery after studying 503 pieces of fluff from his own belly button.

Dr Steinhauser's observations showed that 'small pieces of fluff first form in the hair and then end up in the navel at the end of the day'.

Writing in the journal Medical Hypotheses, he said the scaly structure of the hair enhances the 'abrasion of minuscule fibres from the shirt' and directs the lint towards the belly button.

"The hair's scales act like a kind of barbed hooks," he said. "Abdominal hair often seems to grow in concentric circles around the navel."

The researcher, from Vienna University of Technology also asked friends, family and workmates about their own belly button fluff.

Dr Steinhauser established that shaving one's belly will result in a fluff-free navel - but only until the hairs grow back.

Other suggestions for keeping the navel fluff-free include wearing old clothes, as they tend to shed less lint than newer garments, which can lose up to one thousandth of their weight to the belly button over the course of a year.

A body piercing can also be used, with belly button rings particularly effective at sweeping away fibres before they lodge.

Dr Steinhauser, whose other projects have included monitoring the erosion of his wedding ring, said: "The question of the nature of navel fluff seems to concern more people than one would think at first glance.

"We hope we have been able to provide information for doctors when they are next confronted with the simple question of 'why some belly buttons collect so much lint and others do not'."

An earlier, Australian study of samples from 5,000 people concluded the typical carrier of navel fluff to be 'a slightly overweight middle-aged male with a hairy abdomen'.

Researcher Karl Kruszelnicki said: "The reason it is usually blue is that we mostly wear blue or grey trousers, often jeans, and when these rub against the body, the fibres often end up finding their way to the navel."

Not all belly button fluff is blue however. In the curious case of Australian hospital worker Graham Barker much of his fluff is red, even though he rarely wears the colour.

Mr Barker has been collecting his own navel fluff in jars every day since 1984. The achievement has won him a place in the Guinness Book of Records for the world's largest collection of navel lint.

rainmn
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
You know all those socks that mysteriously go missing in the laundry? That lint-fairy bastard uses the socks he steals to make the lint from.

inbetween
03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
well easter is coming up so the lint is appropriate for you catholic folks

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JJ Apache
03-18-2009, 10:58 PM
False Dave.......The lint falls out of your pocket in the dryer and gets caught by the lint trap.

I know that that there is not room in a dryer for 2 creatures and it has been proven that the sock eating fairy lives in the dryer.

We must figure out, how does the lint fairy get the lint into your pockets?

Not one to argue with an elder, My sock fairy lives under the agitator in the washer. I have had several struggles that resulted in tug-o-war. It is a fairly strong little bugger. Occasionaly I have won, but not always......:(

JJ Apache
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Btw, That is some funny chit, man. :rofl:

tunnelvision69
03-18-2009, 11:48 PM
first toilets now lint!! is it spring yet??