PDA

View Full Version : LOL... I met a BOAT RACER tonight...

Cash Bar
03-17-2009, 12:45 AM
I was at the Blue Martini in Boca Raton tonight. Talking to a girl bartender I know. This guy wedges himself into the conversation.

He heard "boat" and proceeds to tell me he has a great boat for sale. Hmm.....okay. What you got?

So he tells me -- I got one of the greatest boats ever built. A 1993 MANTA 38 with 425/454 big blocks. Mirrors in the cabin and everything. White with Green stripes. Runs almost 60 but I don't go that fast often cause I need goggles. You'd love this boat guy, I'm a boat racer and I know what I'm talking about.....take my card, you'll need it :rofl::rofl:

Now, for the best part. He looks like Tony Soprano channeling Reggie.....I'm sure you can picture it. :ack2:

So after I spit my drink up from laughter, I showed him a few pics on my phone. You know, real boats and real racers. Including myself. My friend the bartender told him about the boats I've had her on. :drool5:

Last I saw he was staggering out into the parking lot mumbling.

The TOPPER is his business card. GOLD Embossed(what else) and the words

RSP Eneterprises
Exotic Autos and Powerboats
Buy-Sell-Trade
email- RSPSpeedracer@.....

ROTFLMAO....

boatme
03-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Greg

His name wouldnt be Mark would it ????

No i didnt say Marc

glh
03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I was at the Blue Martini in Boca Raton tonight. Talking to a girl bartender I know. This guy wedges himself into the conversation.

He heard "boat" and proceeds to tell me he has a great boat for sale. Hmm.....okay. What you got?

So he tells me -- I got one of the greatest boats ever built. A 1993 MANTA 38 with 425/454 big blocks. Mirrors in the cabin and everything. White with Green stripes. Runs almost 60 but I don't go that fast often cause I need goggles. You'd love this boat guy, I'm a boat racer and I know what I'm talking about.....take my card, you'll need it :rofl::rofl:

Now, for the best part. He looks like Tony Soprano channeling Reggie.....I'm sure you can picture it. :ack2:

So after I spit my drink up from laughter, I showed him a few pics on my phone. You know, real boats and real racers. Including myself. My friend the bartender told him about the boats I've had her on. :drool5:

Last I saw he was staggering out into the parking lot mumbling.

The TOPPER is his business card. GOLD Embossed(what else) and the words

RSP Eneterprises
Exotic Autos and Powerboats
Buy-Sell-Trade
email- RSPSpeedracer@.....

ROTFLMAO....If he has a boat Greg wouldn't that make him a step ahead of you! :eek:

Did he really misspell Enterprises "Eneterprises" on his business card? WoW

And most importantly did he bang the barmaid or you? :D

boatme
03-17-2009, 07:06 AM
ahhh Tuesday morning Cash Bar Bashing

It is gunna be a good day

Who loves ya Greg :) WE ALL DO !!!! LOL

Toasty
03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
todd cimeno

Chris
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
We met one too- in Islamorada on Friday night. Big blonde-headed guy in his 60's. Former World Champion. Owned THREE Apache 47's. No boats there- he had flown in on his helicopter. He was having a really tough time working the barstool that evening so the helo stayed wherever it was parked.

Sunsation96
03-17-2009, 08:28 AM
LMOA Reggie VS. Saprono:rofl:

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 08:40 AM
We met one too- in Islamorada on Friday night. Big blonde-headed guy in his 60's. Former World Champion. Owned THREE Apache 47's. No boats there- he had flown in on his helicopter. He was having a really tough time working the barstool that evening so the helo stayed wherever it was parked.

That may have been......Nah couldn't have been!!!!!:sifone::sifone:

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 08:41 AM
ahhh Tuesday morning Cash Bar Bashing

It is gunna be a good day

Who loves ya Greg :) WE ALL DO !!!! LOL

Dont bash the cash bro:26::26::26:

cigdaze
03-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Too funny. I love guys like that, they're good entertainment. So, did you get any pics with this character?...:D

I was chatting with a fellow at my marina bar this past Sunday. He saw my wife and I climb out of the Cafe, and after we were done cleaning and buttoning up we sat down for a few cocktails. This dude - older guy, aligator skin, big gaudy rings on 8 fingers, white chest hair sticking out of his pink jimmy buffet wanabe shirt that only has the bottom two buttons buttoned - you know the type - starts right in with the "nice boat" crap: How much, how fast, what do you do?...I basically gave him the fvck off speech. I hate when people just have to jump right into the how much/what do you do sht!

Anyway, he can't resist telling stories about his past "racing days," how his boat was a bit bigger than mine, had an unbelievable pair of corvette motors for power, blah, blah, blah....I ask him which corvette motors. He said, "you know, some killer chevy 350's." I ask how much horsepower? He says dunno, but it was fast. I ask how big was that boat again? He says about 30 feet. I say, you know, that boat I just got out of is a 35...did you say it was a bit bigger? He says, well, maybe it was a 40...was a long time ago. So I ask again: a 40 footer with 350's...wow, must have been fast. He said ya man, she's do about 80 or 90. The wife and I laugh. Friggin putz. :D :D

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
This one time at band camp.........

RHC
03-17-2009, 09:09 AM
No chit , your not gonna believe this but ----------------

Bobcat
03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
What I am I supposed to tell em.......................

that I got a fish boat ?????????????/:biggrinjester:

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Dont make fun of fish boats that was the very first boat I had in life!!!!!

OldSchool
03-17-2009, 09:28 AM

I believe that he said that his name was Jeff Taggert. Three-time world champ in Key West. He flew to happy hour on his helocopter and was going to have one of his three 47 Apaches down there on Saturday......Never did get there!!!:rofl::rofl:

I hope that he was better at racing than he was at drinking. Looked like a Weeble!!!:biggrinjester::rofl:

Biggus
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I like meeting old dudes like that. At least he's not a hater...or a tree hugging kayaker! :26:

A couple years back, I pulled into a local marina for fuel and this old buck walked over and told stories of how he raced boats back in the 70's. He claimed to race a Pantera. We shot the bull for a few minutes, he'd just got back into boating and bought himself a new Crownline cuddy.
Several weeks later I was tinkering with my Cig at the dock and the old dude pulled up. He handed me a stack of old offshore race boat pictures from the late 70's. He had pics of his old race boat, a Pantera named "Mr Mean" and then pulled out a Bennihana Grand Prix jacket with lots of cool patches. He needed a hand changing his oil and then gave me the jacket and pics.

We're all gonna be a bunch of old goats full of war stories someday!!!:sifone:

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I dont know anyone that owns 3 47 Apaches.....Michael Friedman would be the only candidate and he has 2 that I know of and one is a 41'.....De la Torres have a couple....Theo Peckermentos sold his fleet...The cuban from Miami has both Warpaths.... so I would think although it's possible, it's not probable!!!!! Ask Mark Adams he's more up on it than I am he can tell you I am sure!!!!!

TCEd
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
"white chest hair sticking out "

Hey !!! lighten up, I've got them and eventually you will also.
ed

Knot 4 Me
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
We met a guy once at LOTO that had a 40 Outlaw with trip 500 EFI's. We were floating in the State Park area in a 32 Sunsation and he pulls up and is BS'ing with us. He tells us he is out "dialing her in" for the Shootout and testing props. He then proceeds to tell us how squirrely and dangerous our boat is and how he wouldn't be caught dead in one. As he is pulling away, he puts on a set of driving gloves and a headset (he is the only one in the boat) and takes off. The next day we by chance end up in his cove where his condo is and he yells out at us, "Following me around?" Sure we are, we are star struck. :rolleyes: Later that year we see the boat and it is sporting decals on the side that say, "2003 Shootout Class Winner". The boat ran 80 MPH flat and he was the only boat in his class. I believe he was called "The Luxman". A real character.

Tony
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
I met a guy a few years ago down in Sunshine Key in a 30 PQ. he was out behind the island running back and forth and must have had both tabs and drives completley burried becase the boat was throwing water like a snowplow. I was running beside him about a mile away keeping up with no problem in a Sea Doo jetboat.

Back at the dock I idle up to him to chat, the guy was a spittin image of the guy CigDaze described. I ask what power, he says 502's flowed by "and they have stuff done to them if you know what I mean". I then ask how fast were you going out there, he says about 95, but she had a lot left, again followed by "if you know what I mean". It took all I had to not expode laughing. I guess he didnt see the little jet boat beside him running 53 on GPS.:rolleyes:

OldSchool
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont know anyone that owns 3 47 Apaches.....Michael Friedman would be the only candidate and he has 2 that I know of and one is a 41'.....De la Torres have a couple....Theo Peckermentos sold his fleet...The cuban from Miami has both Warpaths.... so I would think although it's possible, it's not probable!!!!! Ask Mark Adams he's more up on it than I am he can tell you I am sure!!!!!

We knew right away that this guy was just a drunk that thought that we had no clue. The funny part was that we were laughing our azzes off right in front of the guy and busting on him and he was so wasted that he didn't pick up on it!! :rofl:

Mark Adams was there the second time that we saw this tool and had never seen or heard of him. Mark was a very cool guy to hang out with. He had some great stories!! He was there with the owner of Kemosabe (another cool dude, but I can't remember his name to save my life). As old as that boat is, it had as many people drooling over it as any boat that was there!! It was wicked cool when he fired that beeotch up on Sunday morning and let 'em warm up for 5-10 minutes before leaving. :cool::sifone:

Top Banana
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM

That's right Kurt........You all will use our saying of.....The older I get, the faster I was!!

I was getting ready to start the Plymouth race one year and this very attractive girl comes over and asks if I am with the Top Banana race boat.....Yes, I am. Can I help you? She tells me she is looking for Charlie McCarthy, the driver.

Before I can answer, she goes on to tell me that "Charlie" had met her on a plane and told her all about the exciting world of offshore racng and invited her to come by and visit the team at any of the races. When I asked her to help me with a description of this "Charlie"....she described my shop manager down to a T. He even had given her an autographed photo of the boat.

At that point I was able to help her.....I said follow me. I took her right over to my shop manager who was getting ready to board a spectator boat with....his wife.

baddogz28
03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
I like meeting old dudes like that. At least he's not a hater...or a tree hugging kayaker! :26:

A couple years back, I pulled into a local marina for fuel and this old buck walked over and told stories of how he raced boats back in the 70's. He claimed to race a Pantera. We shot the bull for a few minutes, he'd just got back into boating and bought himself a new Crownline cuddy.
Several weeks later I was tinkering with my Cig at the dock and the old dude pulled up. He handed me a stack of old offshore race boat pictures from the late 70's. He had pics of his old race boat, a Pantera named "Mr Mean" and then pulled out a Bennihana Grand Prix jacket with lots of cool patches. He needed a hand changing his oil and then gave me the jacket and pics.

Old guys like that are awesome. I can't believe you scored the Benihana jacket. :drool5:

FastDonzi
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Old guys like that are awesome. I can't believe you scored the Benihana jacket. :drool5:

Once I hung out at this "fenced In" place in Miami where you couldn't leave, I saw a guy wearing a benihana jacket, he had no idea who/what it was so I traded him a carton of marlboros for it:sifone: I still have all the patches off it.

glh
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Try living in a small azz town like we do here.

I went to West Marine this weekend and the guy started telling me all about this boat getting rigged at the shop where the MTI is and telling ma all about it's owner. It was interesting to learn about "that guy that owns it". My dentist buddy with me was pissing his pants!

phragle
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
you know why these people your laughiingat are so proud of themselves??

because, in their head..they are singing.....

Aww ****, get your towels ready it's about to go down (shorty, yeah)
Everybody in the place hit the ****ing deck (shorty, yeah)
But stay on your mother****ing toes
We running this, let's go

I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
Everybody look at me 'cause I'm sailing on a boat (sailing on a boat)
I'm on a boat
Take a good hard look at the mother****ing boat (boat, yeah)

I'm on a boat mother****er take a look at me
Straight flowing on a boat on the deep blue sea
Busting five knots, wind whipping out my coat
You can't stop me mother****er cause I'm on a boat

Take a picture, trick (trick)
I'm on a boat, ***** (*****)
We drinking Santana champ,
Cause it's so crisp (crisp)
I got my swim trunks
And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping burgers, you at Kinko's
Straight flipping copies

I'm riding on a dolphin, doing flips and ****
The dolphin's splashing, getting everybody all wet
But this ain't Seaworld, this is real as it gets
I'm on a boat, mother****er, don't you ever forget

I'm on a boat and
It's going fast and
I got a nautical themed
Pashmina afghan
I'm the king of the world
On a boat like Leo
If you're on the shore,
Then you're sure not me-oh

Get the **** up, this boat is REAL!

**** land, I'm on a boat, mother****er (mother****er)
**** trees, I climb buoys, mother****er (mother****er)
I'm on the deck with my boys, mother****er (yeah)
This boat engine make noise, mother****er

Hey ma, if you could see me now (see me now)
Arms spread wide on the starboard bow (starboard bow)
Gonna fly this boat to the moon somehow (moon somehow)
Like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible

Yeah, never thought I'd be on a boat
It's a big blue watery road (yeah)
Poseidon
Look at me, oh (all hands on deck)

Never thought I'd see the day
When a big boat coming my way
Believe me when I say
I ****ed a mermaid

I'm on a boat
I'm on a boat
Everybody look at me 'cause I'm sailing on a boat (woah)
I'm on a boat
I'm on a boat
Take a good hard look at the motha****in' boat (sha-sha-shorty, shorty, yeah)

redhotsommer
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
I LOVE stories like this. Chick in a bar in Cadillac this winter who was tellin us about the motors on her dad's boat that had TWO superchargers on each one had me rollin'. She also mentioned "the guy he bought that boat from" down in Florida that had a boat that went 207. It was KILLING me!

Wrinkleface
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
LMOA Reggie VS. Saprono:rofl:

OUCH!!!:eek:

Wrinkleface
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
It was KILLING me!

But Mikey, we know it doesn't take much!!!!:26::seeya:

Chris
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I believe that he said that his name was Jeff Taggert. Three-time world champ in Key West. He flew to happy hour on his helocopter and was going to have one of his three 47 Apaches down there on Saturday......Never did get there!!!:rofl::rofl:

I hope that he was better at racing than he was at drinking. Looked like a Weeble!!!:biggrinjester::rofl:

I even checked in SEARACE. Not there.

Maybe it was George Morales with ALOT of cosmetic surgery?

Tony
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM

I went to West Marine this weekend and the guy started telling me all about this boat getting rigged at the shop where the MTI is and telling ma all about it's owner. It was interesting to learn about "that guy that owns it". My dentist buddy with me was pissing his pants!

Dont you just love it. I was sitting in the barber shop a few years ago hearing about the local guy with the Cigar boat that must be using it smuggle drugs.:ack2:

sellsman11
03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I even checked in SEARACE. Not there.

Maybe it was George Morales with ALOT of cosmetic surgery?

SEARACE....thats funny!:rofl:

Scotty B
03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
If I only had a dollar for every person I've met who used to have a Fountain or Cig in sizes they don't build

Chris
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I LOVE stories like this. Chick in a bar in Cadillac this winter who was tellin us about the motors on her dad's boat that had TWO superchargers on each one had me rollin'. She also mentioned "the guy he bought that boat from" down in Florida that had a boat that went 207. It was KILLING me!

Yeah, but they were quad-rotor Whipples and the other guy was Dave Callan.
:)

Dude! Sweet!
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
On the flip side of that... I stopped in to Pfaff's a few years ago to see about getting some service done on my Pantera (24 at the time). I desribed the boat to Gordie and he kindly offered the name of an AUTO repair shop.

Paul was sitting next him, slack jawwed... He looked at me and I said "you know there's a boat brand called Pantera, right?" to Gordie. Paul couldn't hold it in any longer and let out a big laugh. He said "I coudnt figure out what the hell Gordie was talking about! We used to race those guys in A"

:D

nifoxke
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM

Did you learn anything about yourself? :biggrinjester:

DonziGirl
03-17-2009, 12:29 PM
That's right Kurt........You all will use our saying of.....The older I get, the faster I was!!

I was getting ready to start the Plymouth race one year and this very attractive girl comes over and asks if I am with the Top Banana race boat.....Yes, I am. Can I help you? She tells me she is looking for Charlie McCarthy, the driver.

Before I can answer, she goes on to tell me that "Charlie" had met her on a plane and told her all about the exciting world of offshore racng and invited her to come by and visit the team at any of the races. When I asked her to help me with a description of this "Charlie"....she described my shop manager down to a T. He even had given her an autographed photo of the boat.

At that point I was able to help her.....I said follow me. I took her right over to my shop manager who was getting ready to board a spectator boat with....his wife.

That's great! I would have loved to see the look on your manager's face!

JupiterSunsation
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
He was there with the owner of Kemosabe (another cool dude, but I can't remember his name to save my life). As old as that boat is, it had as many people drooling over it as any boat that was there!! It was wicked cool when he fired that beeotch up on Sunday morning and let 'em warm up for 5-10 minutes before leaving. :cool::sifone:

Kemosabe left the lunch stop Friday on two motors and was still haulin' azz. That boat was a weapon then and can still hold its own against the new stuff today.

Best quote I have ever heard about a 47 Apache was from Michael Friedman. He said his 47 Apache "will knock down a piling if he's not careful," and he wasn't laughing which leads me to believe it may have actually happened.

stainless
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
That's great! I would have loved to see the look on your manager's face!

Or his wifes :sifone: :rofl:

redhotsommer
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but they were quad-rotor Whipples and the other guy was Dave Callan.
:)

Tried that avenue of inquiry...she couldn't recall any further details. :ack2: 'Sides...she said the boat was an old 39 Stinger...you don't see too many of those with quad-rotor Whipple setups!

Sunsation96
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM

That is a great one, I would smile from ear to ear to hear that from someone @ the local marine store

Sunsation96
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Kemosabe left the lunch stop Friday on two motors and was still haulin' azz. That boat was a weapon then and can still hold its own against the new stuff today.

Best quote I have ever heard about a 47 Apache was from Michael Friedman. He said his 47 Apache "will knock down a piling if he's not careful," and he wasn't laughing which leads me to believe it may have actually happened.

Looks alot like this one

C_Spray
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I once met a guy on an airplane that saw the "Penske" tag on my carry-on and asked me if I worked for Roger. Being tired, I just said "yes" and left it at that. He promptly launched into a long monologue about how proud he was that employees like me were there to support Penske Racing, which he ran. I listened politely for a few minutes, then went to sleep. As we got up to de-board, I opened my briefcase, got out one of my cards, and handed it to him. It said "General Manager - Penske Racing". He was still standing there slack-jawed when I left.

Nothing like meeting yourself.....

RedDog382
03-17-2009, 01:28 PM

You cockblocker ...!:bump:

underpressure
03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't know about knocking down a piling but Michael has a pretty good story of him and Jeff Warfield riding out a hurricane tied to a marker off Snake Creek and then going to war with a salvage guy at the Dead Animal Bar!!!

My all time favorite Michael quotes on the 47 Apache

1) A 47 will make a rich man poor, (no truer statement on the planet)

2) After watching him fill at Faro Blanco for the whole lunch stop because of the mulitple tanks Bystander asked "how far will she go?" He repied about twice as long as it took me to fill up!!

3) How high have you ever flown the boat after a pretty bumpy trip with him. he said "eye to eye with a guy in a tuna tower going out Port Everglades" And then when we asked how it landed? "He said it went squish"

Kemosabe is John Frolick I believe

MarylandMark
03-17-2009, 01:46 PM
that I got a fish boat ????????????

Be proud Bobcat!

Dont make fun of fish boats that was the very first boat I had in life!!!!!

Tell'em Sean!

it is sporting decals on the side that say, "2003 Shootout Class Winner". The boat ran 80 MPH flat and he was the only boat in his class.

Sounds kind of like being "World Champion" :ack2:

We knew right away that this guy was just a drunk that thought that we had no clue. The funny part was that we were laughing our azzes off right in front of the guy and busting on him and he was so wasted that he didn't pick up on it!!

I don't find this funny for personal reasons.

Wrinkleface
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks alot like this one

John has that up at Boyne Thunder every year!!!!:sifone:

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
We knew right away that this guy was just a drunk that thought that we had no clue. The funny part was that we were laughing our azzes off right in front of the guy and busting on him and he was so wasted that he didn't pick up on it!! :rofl:

Mark Adams was there the second time that we saw this tool and had never seen or heard of him. Mark was a very cool guy to hang out with. He had some great stories!! He was there with the owner of Kemosabe (another cool dude, but I can't remember his name to save my life). As old as that boat is, it had as many people drooling over it as any boat that was there!! It was wicked cool when he fired that beeotch up on Sunday morning and let 'em warm up for 5-10 minutes before leaving. :cool::sifone:

John something I will think of it in a minute...Thats it Frolich

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Well it could have had twin whipples.....and it may have ran 207.....possible but not probable...just bustin on you RHS!!!!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

JupiterSunsation
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM

I didn't know Stecz worked at West Marine...............:sifone:

Tommy Gun
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
From The Bar...

Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a great big smile on his face. Mike says, "Pat, what are you so happy for?!

"Well Mike, I gotta tell ya... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat, and a redhead came up to me... t!ts out to here, Mike. T!ts out to here!
She says, 'Can I have a ride in your boat?' I said 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out, Mike. I turned off the key and I said 'It's either screw or swim!' She couldn't swim, Mike. She couldn't swim!"

The next day Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a even bigger smile on his face. Mike says, "What are you happy about today Pat?"

"Well Mike.... I gotta tell ya... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat and a BEAUTIFUL blond came up to me... t!ts out to here, Mike. T!ts out to here! She said 'Can I have a ride in your boat?' I told her 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out, Mike. Way out much further than the last one. I turned off the key and I said, 'It's either screw or swim!' She couldn't swim, Mike! She couldn't swim!"

A couple days pass and Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat down there cryin' over a beer. Mike says, "Pat, what are you so sad for?"

"Well Mike, I gotta tell ya.... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat, and the most desirable brunette came up to me...t!ts WAY out to here, Mike. T!ts way out to here. She says, 'Can I have a ride in your boat?' So I said, 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out, Mike, way WAY out...much further than the last two. I turned off the key, and looked at her t!ts and said 'It's either screw or swim!'

She pulled down her pants and..... She had a pecker, Mike! She had this great BIG pecker and I can't swim Mike! I can't swim!"

redhotsommer
03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Well it could have had twin whipples.....and it may have ran 207.....possible but not probable...just bustin on you RHS!!!!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Dayum! :rofl:

Ryan Beckley
03-17-2009, 03:39 PM
We've got an real EX racer here in town that EVERY time I go to the ramp, I have to hear from a different person of his exploits. He is a paid Mercury racer, He is paid to race boats in the Middle East, he is the universal galaxy champion, he is faster than greased moose poop.......I just say wow really , that's cool & go about my business.

sellsman11
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
he is the universal galaxy champion, he is faster than greased moose poop.......

Wait a minute....Woods said that He and Art Lilly were the universal galaxy champions!!!:confused::willy_nilly::biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Ted
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Wait a minute....Woods said the He and Art Lilly were the universal galaxy champions!!!:confused::willy_nilly::biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

They took that away when they found illegal mods to their hyperdrives :rofl::biggrinjester:

Cash Bar
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
All good stuff. Maybe I'll call the guy and get some more good quotes to put here....and some sweet MANTA pics....

And I forgot to mention the 26' Vee he had w/twin outboards that ran 120++.....IN THE EARLY 80's.....

sellsman11
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
They took that away when they found illegal mods to their hyperdrives :rofl::biggrinjester:

NO WAY!!! It was the UNLIMITED Class!!:sifone:

Ted
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
NO WAY!!! It was the UNLIMITED Class!!:sifone:

I think they were pissed when they destroyed those 2 small planets in lap 3 and caused that spatial rift in lap 6. And let's not even get into those 2 babes from Zebulon-234 :rofl::rofl:

Buoy
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
On the flip side of that... I stopped in to Pfaff's a few years ago to see about getting some service done on my Pantera (24 at the time). I desribed the boat to Gordie and he kindly offered the name of an AUTO repair shop.

Paul was sitting next him, slack jawwed... He looked at me and I said "you know there's a boat brand called Pantera, right?" to Gordie. Paul couldn't hold it in any longer and let out a big laugh. He said "I coudnt figure out what the hell Gordie was talking about! We used to race those guys in A"

:D

HA, 2 weeks ago when we were looking for a house in AZ, I hooked up with a realtor that is a boater from a West side boat site. Pretty sure he said he's running a Shockwave.
Guy's probably 7-8 yrs younger than me, very nice guy, and very helpful.
He's asking what we are looking for, and area - I said I need RV parking for the boat and a 2-car garage. He says "what do you have" and I said "Pantera", and he was like "you don't see many of those driving through Tempe, maybe in Scottsdale"...
I said "No, I don't think we're talking Scottsdale $$$ here, and the wife is working in Tempe".
It took a few more exchanges of dialog before we got to the point that he realized Pantera was a boat.

I have a feeling I'm gonna get a lot of funny looks out there putting in a boat with a 10" tall SS cable life-line down the deck instead of an open bow deck boat with a huge stereo system.

phragle
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
nothing a sawzall and a trip to the stereo place can't fix..you'll fit right in.. So how is that DeTomaso of yours anyways?

http://frobac.com/images/img/top10/9.jpg

Sean Stinson
03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
All good stuff. Maybe I'll call the guy and get some more good quotes to put here....and some sweet MANTA pics....

And I forgot to mention the 26' Vee he had w/twin outboards that ran 120++.....IN THE EARLY 80's.....

Right with flux capacitor props

phragle
03-17-2009, 11:34 PM
he bought th flux capacitor here... I saw the surv. tape. http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28

Dude! Sweet!
03-18-2009, 12:36 AM
You know, it's funny, the guy across the street from me has a DeTomaso Pantera. They have Pantera club meetings at his house. They go freakin' nuts for my boat...

After I put the 575 N/A motor in the boat, we pulled into shoreline village. We had the blower hatch on the boat (thanks Mike!) and dry exhaust. Someone shouted down from the board walk "how fast is she" and before I could respond, my mechanic (MM1) shouted back "112, but were doing some prop testing and think we can get 117 out of her" the guy smiled a wide grin and gave us a big thumbs up (it runs 75). You never know how big the sack of crap is going to be! :D

Audiofn
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
WTF is up with posts deleting around this place?!?!?!?!

C_Spray
03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
<Post deleted>....

Chris
03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
WTF is up with posts deleting around this place?!?!?!?!

Could you be more specific? Typically speaking, the mods and admins are particularly averse to editing, censorship or deletion. It's a very rare occurence and typically only happens after group discussion, unless it's really out-of-bounds.

Audiofn
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
All being handled in PM. My post was more directed at a member not the board.

stecz20
03-18-2009, 09:20 AM
All being handled in PM. My post was more directed at a member not the board.

you better check yourself punk.....:26::26:

Offshoredrillin
03-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I once met a guy on an airplane that saw the "Penske" tag on my carry-on and asked me if I worked for Roger. Being tired, I just said "yes" and left it at that. He promptly launched into a long monologue about how proud he was that employees like me were there to support Penske Racing, which he ran. I listened politely for a few minutes, then went to sleep. As we got up to de-board, I opened my briefcase, got out one of my cards, and handed it to him. It said "General Manager - Penske Racing". He was still standing there slack-jawed when I left.

Nothing like meeting yourself.....
I've had the same thing happen when I'm installing on a car, a couple of people say they know the owner and don't think I'm him because I am working on a car. :D...I love the look on their face when they get handed my card.

Audiofn
03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
What you gona do when the Yankees pull up lame with that payroll they got? I want to know now so that there are no excuses for you to fallow through when you are out of the playoffs. :26: Winning over the Red Sox is not enough. Nothing short of a World Series Ring for you guys with that stacked deck is acceptable. :sifone:

Offshoredrillin
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
We've got an real EX racer here in town that EVERY time I go to the ramp, I have to hear from a different person of his exploits. He is a paid Mercury racer, He is paid to race boats in the Middle East, he is the universal galaxy champion, he is faster than greased moose poop.......I just say wow really , that's cool & go about my business.

German?

pullmytrigger
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
The older I get, the faster I was!!

I can relate to that......:ack2:

Sean Stinson
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
What you gona do when the Yankees pull up lame with that payroll they got? I want to know now so that there are no excuses for you to fallow through when you are out of the playoffs. :26: Winning over the Red Sox is not enough. Nothing short of a World Series Ring for you guys with that stacked deck is acceptable. :sifone:

It was the stereo guy putting the check in the mail but asking for the address where to mail it to!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Ryan Beckley
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Nope, not the German....

Audiofn
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
It was the stereo guy putting the check in the mail but asking for the address where to mail it to!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

ouch :sifone::sifone:

Ms PatriYacht
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
a sales guy at a company we used to do business told me that he was a driver back in the 80's for the big Miss Madison hydroplane (now Umberto beef jerky) I had a feeling this was BS so I PM'd Steve David. Steve put me in touch with a guy that had all the records from day one with the names of everyone that had ever been part of the team. Funny his name was nowhere to be found, nor could anyone remember him. I am sure the guy had no idea what easy access I had to Steve David and how I could check his story out. I never said anything to him, just to some of his coworkers who laughed and said he has been telling that story forever.

Magic Medicine
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Awesome story!

Magic Medicine
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Now thats funny!:26::biggrinjester::rofl:

redhotsommer
03-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Funnier thing was that you didn't even try to argue...hahhahahaa!

Magic Medicine
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Funnier thing was that you didn't even try to argue...hahhahahaa!

I am not much of a arguer:sifone:

jeffbare
03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
She was probably hot......

Fever Mike
03-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Cash, that is funny stuff....!

I was at Sebring yesterday for the SCCA and Speed Challenge races and this guy starts talking to me. He tell me he is a SCCA racer and races on Speed Channel. Then he asks what race is going on now? I tell him the race he should be in!

Ratickle
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Cash, that is funny stuff....!

I was at Sebring yesterday for the SCCA and Speed Challenge races and this guy starts talking to me. He tell me he is a SCCA racer and races on Speed Channel. Then he asks what race is going on now? I tell him the race he should be in!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: