PDA

View Full Version : A Truly Profound Quote.

cigdaze
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation...You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.."

Excellent! :cool:

Spicy
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I have read that several times in the last week via post and e-mail forwards, and couldn't agree more..... EXCELLENT is right!!!!

BBB725
03-11-2009, 03:33 PM
How about some Thomas Jefferson quotes

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

MacGyver
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Thomas Jefferson was a brilliant man.

Tommy Gun
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
And I bet Lincoln rolls over in his grave with every Obama reference; this from Lincoln...

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by bringing down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence. You cannot help men premanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Barry wannabe doesn't have a clue.

nortech4play
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I posted that last week...but it should be posted every week just to remind us what is happening right now....

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4882

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. (a quote from someone who should know)

Tommy Gun
03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I posted that last week...but it should be posted every week just to remind us what is happening right now....

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4882

Sorry Jim, didn't mean to crib your post; I had posted it on the other site a few weeks ago; and you're dead right about keeping it in front of us.

nortech4play
03-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry Jim, didn't mean to crib your post; I had posted it on the other site a few weeks ago; and you're dead right about keeping it in front of us.

No problem Tom, all is good....
I was looking for some quotes that were relative to what's going on and here's a good one....and it's from a Liberal, you can tell by the last sentence....I don't agree with all of it...I always stop and will help a young lady in distress change her tire...especially if she's in a nice short skirt....lol

"The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club." (Dave Barry)

Tommy Gun
03-11-2009, 10:22 PM
HAHAHAHA...that is funny. Another member told me to watch Glen Beck this Friday. Supposed to be some type of call to arms for conservatives. I'll try and catch it; I'm already sick of this sh!t.