PDA

View Full Version : Dragunov sniper rifle

stecz20
03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
anyone have one they want to sell, or does anyone have any experiance with one... bad ass..... sunkin must have some info on this baby...:03:

phragle
03-08-2009, 11:58 PM
you can set up an SK with a druganov stock, bipod and scope .

JupiterSunsation
03-09-2009, 07:56 AM
It is too big for you to shoot in your basement..........back to the Red Ryder for you!

Chris
03-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Piece of $hit.

Dragunov is just a nickname, like Kalashnikov- after the designer Evgeny Dragunov. They're actually an SVD- Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova

The SVD is based on the AK which is a wonderfully reliable but absolutely inaccurate design. The reason the AK is highly regarded is that they function in any and all conditions with little or no maintenance or lubrication. That's because they're built with very broad design tolerances. They're about one step above a zip gun in sophistication. The SVD addressed a number of those issues, but is handicapped by the basic design.

At 3 to 400 yards, an out of the box M4 (modern M16) is going to out-shoot it. At 800 yards, the current-US-issue M40 rifle is going to dramatically outclass it.

Tony
03-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Are you looking for a true Dragunov, or the Romanian copy that is often sold as a Dragunov, the PSL, or Romak 3.

The first pic is the PSL, the seccond is the true Dragunov. While they both look cool, neither one can hardly be called a sniper rifle, more of a designated marksmans gun. The true Drags, Tigrs, and NDMs are relatively hard to find and very pricey. The Romanians can be had for around the $900 range, I have two of them and let me say for the $ your going to spend, you can buy or build a much more accurate rifle. If you really want one, I have a parts kit that I'm willing to sell.

Tony
03-09-2009, 08:41 AM
A lot of the sniper guys call this a minute of torso gun. The biggest 2 reasons for their lack of accuracy is 1, the wrong flavor of ammo, most 54R ammo has much too heavy of a bullet for the rifling to stabilize 148gn. works the best in theese. Seccondly the lower handguards are often pressing against the barrel and the thin barrels heat up in a hurry. Most people can cut their groups at least in half by modding the lower handguard and shooting the proper ammo. Another downfall of theese guns is the quick detach scope mounting rail, the reccoil over time will always shake them loose.

stecz20
03-09-2009, 11:13 AM
interesting... starting in the summer i want to start building the ultimate snipers rifle. i was looking at the laws in jersey last night and a lot of things are going against this one, and if you guys are saying its not worth building, ill go with you guys.. what would you guys suggest???? this summer i want to pick up a few rifles before i can no longer....

Tony
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Add an evil brother to the evil carbon barreled twins...Whatdaya think Chris? :D

phragle
03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
.50 cal???

Tony
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
.50's are absolutly pointless to own unless you have a place to shoot one, many ranges dont allow them. Even shooting one on your own property is a huge liability. Even out here in the sticks where I live someone will eventually call the cops reporting an explosion or bomb when the hear the earth shattering kaboom (in my best Marvin the Martian voice). There is absolutly nothing cheap about owning one, the rifle is pricey, the glass is pricey, the ammo is pricey, and the reloading equipment and supplies cost a small fortune. Theres plenty of other calibers to have fun with at 300yds. and less that are far more accurate than a BMG. Shooting a thousand yard plus gun at a hundred yards is about as rewarding as pounding ants with a mallet.

Chris
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Definitely unique.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/DSC03048.jpg

The ultimate sniper rifle? First off, you're going to need about $7,500 to $10,000+. $3000+ of that is the scope. Then there's caliber. The standby it the 7.62 NATO (308 Winchester) and the long-range counterpart, the 300 Win Mag. But for the most part, people these days are stepping up to the 338 Lapua Magnum. The Lapua is an excellent choice, but expensive to shoot. You can get off-the-shelf 338's, but they're not going to shoot anywhere close to a custom rifle. You can always consider a rifle chambered in 50 BMG but that's a bit of overkill. There are also some interesting larger bore calibers- I'm working on a rifle right now in 10.3 Snipe-Tac-

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/103mm20Sniper-Tactical202030820win.jpg

A cut down 50 BMG case- at least the original caliber was. Viers has rebased it on the 408 Chey-Tac cartridge which took about 450fps out of velocity- but a more manageable caliber. The Chey-Tac is also a good caliber but has a somewhat unrealized potential.

Me- I'd go with the Lapua.

Keep in mind, proficiency at long-range marksmanship is alot like playing the piano. With years of practice, you can get pretty good at it. But ultimately a person's own natural ability will become the ceiling. And you need to have a very hands-on understanding of the weapon, ammunition and such to even get to first base. Loading your own ammo is an absolute requirement- you're wasting your time if you don't. Then it takes many, many sessions and loads of gathering of empirical data to determine what loads your rifle shoots best. But the big barrier is the actual shooting. Sniping is somewhat unlike other forms of shooting. Understanding your projectile's trajectory over its flight path is task 1. Bullets don't fly in straight lines. From the millisecond they leave the barrel, they're falling towards the ground at the exact same speed as if you held it between two fingers and let go. If you're shooting a 2800 fps 7.62 projectile 800 meters, at 100 meters the projectile's aim point is going to be about 7 feet high. Now most rifles in that caliber are going to be zeroed at 400 meters. Let's say your target is at 648 meters- you have to be able to determine that range without a rangefinder and then you have to calculate your bullet drop at that range- this is all done with what's known as a mil-dot reticle scope. It has a series of gradiations on what you might think of as crosshairs. These allow the shooter to locate the aimpoint exactly- more on mil-dot.. http://www.mil-dot.com/ Mil is short for milliradian, a metric measurement for fractional angles. Keep in mind, this is the simple stuff. Not all shoting is in a straight line. If you're 200 feet up in a tower, all bets are off- now you bring in azimuth factors that will make smoke come out of your ears. And then there are envionmental factors- wind and thermals. Just because the wind is blowing where you are, the target at 1700 meters is probably seeing something different. And if the flightpath crosses a pond or an asphalt parking lot, those thermals will move the bullet too. Experience coupled with reading environmental signs makes you a much better shooter. Oh, yeah- no calculators. You have to learn to do this stuff in your head. You can use charts, but if you're competing, you're going to get smoked by a guy that can do it in his head- there are time-on-shot elements to the scoring.

As far as the legal stuff, they're going to want to go after high-cap magazines, bayonet lugs, etc. California outright banned detachable magazines but I don't see that being in Barry's version of the AWB. Mostly imported stuff. All of it silly- since the market is filled with millions of these weapons already. All he'll do is make some guy's stuff more valuable- for a little while.

gerritm
03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
What about something like this. Based on the DPMS .308 LR platform. It looks like a pretty good start.I just bought a basic DPMS AR-15 in .223 and it is a solid accurate rifle. Just something to start with.

Tony
03-09-2009, 03:03 PM
The LR is a great out of the box shooter for someone who is interested in a turn key rifle and has no plans of building a custom rifle, or handloading. It can be tweaked and tuned to shoot even better if need be. I may just be selling my LR, not sure yet, Im trying to justify having two of them. Sunkin's SBR idea may win out. :D

Chris
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
The AR10 with a 10.5" barrel is a very cool little flamethrower. It reports like a 50 but recoils about like a 223.

Stecz is in the People's Republic of New Jersey, where they care little about the Constitution. They are highly concerned about people's safety though and are doing everything in their power to rid their streats of the insidious plague of flash hiders and bayonet lugs. We all know how lethal a flash hider can be when it ends up in the wrong hands.

Tony
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I hear the bayonet deaths are on the rise.

The riddence of those evil bayonet lugs on rifles will render the bayonet itself completey harmless. :sifone:

Chris
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I suggested to Dave that he look into an M1A. Very cool and old school. Truly a man's rifle, not some black plastic toy. You could go either way- a 16" SOCOM or a full-length National Match. Stick it in a McMillan stock and you'd have a conversation piece for sure.

Wrinkleface
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
interesting... starting in the summer i want to start building the ultimate snipers rifle. i was looking at the laws in jersey last night and a lot of things are going against this one, and if you guys are saying its not worth building, ill go with you guys.. what would you guys suggest???? this summer i want to pick up a few rifles before i can no longer....

Steczzy w/ a gun scares the CHIT outa George!!!:eek:

Tony
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I suggested to Dave that he look into an M1A. Very cool and old school. Truly a man's rifle, not some black plastic toy. You could go either way- a 16" SOCOM or a full-length National Match. Stick it in a McMillan stock and you'd have a conversation piece for sure.

The M1 is a very respectable gun no matter how its setup, old school style that never gets old.

Davidmnc
03-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Steczzy w/ a gun scares the CHIT outa George!!!:eek:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Did he say any thing about coming to North Carolina with it? :ack2:

Chris
03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/cid_000c01c83f538156bd40fb2f8a45DF1.jpg

Chris
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
An example of the mil-dot reticle...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/cid_000b01c83f538156bd40fb2f8a45DF1.jpg

Tony
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Its a nice day and I had some time to kill.

The red target was shot with a PSL/Dragunov open sights @ 100yds, off of a rock solid rest. 2.25" it doesnt get much better with the POSP (named accordingly Peice.Of.****) scope.

Blue target, DPMS LR-308 with factory ammo. I tried to even things up by shooting this one off the bipod. came it at a little under MOA.

This concludes todays class on the difference between Combloc, and American engineered long range rifles.:biggrinjester:

drpete3
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
its no sniper rifle but I like my buddies 30-378 weatherby accumark. Reach out and touch someone!

stecz20
03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
tony thats some good shi t... i like it....

stecz20
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
i was told the m1a should be ok for me here in jersey... i like it, just got to look at scopes now..... got to find one to shoot and see how it feels... send me one sunkin...

phragle
03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
not a sniper rifle, but I fired a few rounds out of a 45/70 darringer once...that will make the wrist sore....

Ratickle
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
i was told the m1a should be ok for me here in jersey... i like it, just got to look at scopes now..... got to find one to shoot and see how it feels... send me one sunkin...

Am I the only one worried about the Kool Aid man with a sniper rifle running around Jersey?:sifone:

Chris
03-09-2009, 07:56 PM

Do you want more of a short-barrel tactical rifle, an original looking one or something like the long-barrel? Take a look- http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?clicktype=rifles

On something like the SOCOM, you can do a zero-magnification like an Eotech or Aimpoint and augment it with a 3x magnifier you can swap on or off. On the long gun, you'll need something with variable magnification- at a bare minimum a Leupold Mark IV or better. You need something with an adjustable reticle.

There are lots of custom builders out there that can build you something to your exact spec. Take a look at the Whitefeather on the Springfield website. That's a NM-quality rifle in a McMillan stock. You can get a custom rifle like that for less from a builder.

Chris
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Jersey gun laws-

New Jersey law restricts the ownership of certain semi-automatic and other firearms based upon their military appearance. The list includes:

Algimec AGM1 type
Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"
Armalite AR-180 type
Australian Automatic Arms SAR
Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms
Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms
Bushmaster Assault rifle
Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900
CETME G3
Chartered Industries of Singapore
SR88 type
Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series
Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2,
AR 100 types
Demro TAC-1 carbine type
Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types
FAMAS MAS 223 types
FN-FAL, FN- AR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms
Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 Shotguns
G3SA type
Galil type
Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1
Intratec TEC-9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms
M1 carbine type
M1 4S type, MAC10, MAC11, MAC11 9mm carbine type firearms
PJK M-68 carbine type
Plainfield Machine Co. Carbine
Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-1 4/5RF
SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG-PE-57 types
SKS with detachable magazine type
Spectre Auto carbine type
Springfield Armory BM59 and
SAR-48 type
Sterling MK-6, MK-7, and SAR types
Steyr AUG semi-automatic firearms
USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun
Uzi type semi-automatic firearms
Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms
Weaver Arms Nighthawk
The legislation also prohibits any firearms which are substantially identical to any of the above firearms; any semiautomatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a conspicuous pistol grip, or a folding stock; a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds. Any magazine with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds is prohibited, even if there is no semi-automatic firearm to accompany the magazine.

A part or combination of parts to convert or assemble a firearm into an "assault firearm" is also forbidden.

Any "assault firearm" not registered, licensed, or rendered inoperable pursuant to a state police certificate by May 1, 1991, is considered contraband.

Any "assault firearm" which was not owned prior to May 1, 1990, must be licensed. Application is made to the Superior Court for the county in which the person lives or conducts business. The fee is $75. The court must find that the public safety and welfare require the issuance of the license and the person must be qualified to obtain a handgun carrying license. For practical purposes, no one will be issued such a license.

Ratickle
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Jersey gun laws-

Damn, that's a long list...:(:boxing_smiley::(

Tony
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Am I the only one worried about the Kool Aid man with a sniper rifle running around Jersey?:sifone:

Couldnt make it any worse. :26: Besides, 'sniper' is a vague term.

Steczy, I dont know what your price range is for glass but Ive had good luck with the Burris XTR series, its a good match in the $1k range for a factory rifle. You dont need a $2k+ glass for an out of the box Garand. One the very low end in the $300 range the Millett TRS scopes have gotten rave reviews for the price range. I plan on sticking one on my coyote gun. Coyotes wont be eatin any sheep around theese parts...

Chris
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
You're screwed on the M1A. They list the Beretta and Spfld BM-59 and close the loophole with the "substantially identical" language.

Ratickle
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Coyotes wont be eatin any sheep around theese parts...

This makes it sooooo hard not to comment.........:sifone:

Chris
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Couldnt make it any worse. :26: Besides, 'sniper' is a vague term.

Steczy, I dont know what your price range is for glass but Ive had good luck with the Burris XTR series, its a good match in the $1k range for a factory rifle. You dont need a $2k+ glass for an out of the box Garand. One the very low end in the $300 range the Millett TRS scopes have gotten rave reviews for the price range. I plan on sticking one on my coyote gun. Coyotes wont be eatin any sheep around theese parts...

I've turned $1200 Leupolds into scrap on 7.62 rifles after a couple thousand rounds. We had a Mark IV on a Lapua and it wouldn't hold zero for 3 shots. It's tough to get a good, recoil resistant scope anymore.

stecz20
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
the whitefeather looks nice....

stecz20
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
i made a call and i was told im good on the m1a..

M1A Rifles are CA & NJ Legal with the Stabilizer (Muzzle Break)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Links
Firearms Information

Both the Division of Criminal Justice and the State Police Firearms Unit have received a number of inquiries whether the Colt Match Target Rifle and the Springfield M1A are considered assault firearms under New Jersey law.

Based on our review of the law and the Attorney General guidelines, we conclude that neither of the two firearms are prohibited under State law.

The Colt Match Target Rifle, based on the manufacturer’s specifications, is a new line of rifles and is not part of the AR-15 series, and thus, is not prohibited under N.J.S.A.2 C: 39-1w(1).

Although this new rifle, may resemble the Colt AR-15, there have been substantial changes to the firearm, including the receiver which is not identical to an AR-15 receiver.

In addition, because of changes in the configuration of the firearm, the Colt Match Target Rifle is not substantially identical to a prohibited firearm and prohibited under this classification.

See N.J.S.A.2C:39-1w(2) and Attorney General’s Guidelines Regarding the “Substantially Identical” Provision in the State’s Assault Firearms Laws dated August 19, 1996.

The Springfield M1A is not one of the enumerated firearms which are specifically prohibited under the State’s assault firearms laws. It has been prohibited in this State as being substantially identical to a named firearm.

However, according to the manufacturer’s specifications, the M1A has been modified. The modified M1A, which became available in 1994, would not be considered to be substantially identical to a prohibited firearm in accordance with the statutory provision and the Attorney General’s guidelines cited above.

However, earlier versions of the M1A which contains at least two of the criteria identified in Paragraph B of the Attorney General’s Guidelines, supra, would still be considered to be substantially identical to a prohibited firearm and continue to be banned under our State law.

As a result, it will be necessary to clearly distinguish the physical characteristics or lack of physical characteristics when making a determination regarding the M1A rifle.

Neither this clarification regarding the classification of the Colt Match Target Rifle and the M1A Rifle, nor the guidelines issued August 19, 1996, regarding the “substantially identical” provision of the assault weapons law applies to firearms that are specifically listed in N.J.S.A.2C:39-1w(2) as prohibited firearms or to firearms which are banned at “types” of named prohibited firearms.

Tony
03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
You're screwed on the M1A. They list the Beretta and Spfld BM-59 and close the loophole with the "substantially identical" language.

He needs a good bolt gun. Call Mike Rock.

stecz20
03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
i think im good...

Tony
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
So, what kind of shooting do you plan on doing? 300 and less? Or Beyond 300?

Chris
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
You'll overpay for a Whitefeather- it's a commemorative edition named for Carlos Hathcock, the Marine sniper. You can get the same piece built for about a third to a half left.

The bolt gun is going to be a better shooter but not as cool. If I was to build a bolt gun and have just one, it would be the Lapua. Nothing like owning a piece that reports like a piece of field artillery- and clears the benches beside you at the range.

stecz20
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
for this one looking for a long range gun.... beyond 300.. i like the whitefeather.. im gonna see where i can find one to shoot..

stecz20
03-09-2009, 08:40 PM
ok sunkin, hook me up.. show me the way....

Tommy Gun
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
ok sunkin, hook me up.. show me the way....

Yeah, spew it. Where do you get one of those bad boys built?

Chris
03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
You can start out with a basic Springfield and modify it from there, or you can go to a M1A specialist. Smith is building many rifles nor for the special forces- http://www.smithenterprise.com/

Phil Arrington is as good as it gets- http://www.arringtonaccuracy.com/

Derrick Martin is also very good- http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/

This is the stock I'd strongly reccomend- http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-tactical-stock-list.php#adjm3a the M2 or m3 are good choices- they're what's used on the Whitefeather. McMillan also makes a fantastic rifle.

These are some links to check out-

http://ebrsopmods.proboards100.com/index.cgi

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

There are several M14 M1A forums here- http://www.warrifles.com/forums/index.php

stecz20
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
You can start out with a basic Springfield and modify it from there, or you can go to a M1A specialist. Smith is building many rifles nor for the special forces- http://www.smithenterprise.com/

Phil Arrington is as good as it gets- http://www.arringtonaccuracy.com/

Derrick Martin is also very good- http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/

This is the stock I'd strongly reccomend- http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-tactical-stock-list.php#adjm3a the M2 or m3 are good choices- they're what's used on the Whitefeather. McMillan also makes a fantastic rifle.

These are some links to check out-

http://ebrsopmods.proboards100.com/index.cgi

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

There are several M14 M1A forums here- http://www.warrifles.com/forums/index.php

at least your good for something....:26::26:

Chris
03-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah- something

phragle
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
will someone make sure I know when and if he does ever buy a working gun, so I can triple the life insurance policy I have on him??

rbhudelson
03-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Jim Borden Rifles: http://www.bordenrifles.com/

They can reach out and touch you at 1000 yds. Even by an old flinchy like me.

or if you prefer one that shoots a little faster then I'd go with the HK

Tony
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
If you decide to use a Harris Bi pod, this little do-dad is worth its weight in gold. http://www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/PodLoc.asp

Sea-Dated
03-10-2009, 11:00 PM
You'll shoot your eye out......

glassdave
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
some practice for you'z guy'z :cool: :D

http://www.addictinggames.com/mortthesniper.html

Offshoredrillin
03-11-2009, 07:52 PM

omfg i love this game

Ratickle
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Kinda fun....

Ratickle
03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Why so few thumbhole stocks on these?

Tony
03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
On what?

phragle
03-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Stecz, posting about wanting a gun... this is THREAD of the week material...... Im not sure whether I should laugh, or hide under the desk...

Chris
03-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Thumbhole stocks really don't provide any benefit. If the stock doesn't fit you, you're not going to shoot the weapon well anyway. The grip won't matter.

Imagine picking up a random golf club and making precise shots with it. A rifle isn't much different. Stocks are made to fit an average adult male. If you're 5'3" or 6'7", you're going to have issues. If you're talking about shooting to the accuracy of a marksman weapon, it isn't going to happen without proper fit.

Wardey
03-15-2009, 09:50 AM
If you just want a look-alike, try one of these conversions to a SKS, AK or a 10/22. Dave

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SearchResults.aspx?site=All+Products&num=10&q=dragunov+stock

phragle
03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Thumbhole stocks really don't provide any benefit. If the stock doesn't fit you, you're not going to shoot the weapon well anyway. The grip won't matter.

Imagine picking up a random golf club and making precise shots with it. A rifle isn't much different. Stocks are made to fit an average adult male. If you're 5'3" or 6'7", you're going to have issues. If you're talking about shooting to the accuracy of a marksman weapon, it isn't going to happen without proper fit.

the stock that came on my SKS... I think the little russian guy who had it before me was 4'6" with stubby little arms....

rbhudelson
03-15-2009, 10:16 AM

there's that plus, when you are shooting a rifle for accuracy, the only thing on the rifle the shooter is really touching is the trigger. The key to putting bullets in the same hole is everything has to be the same, down to and including the pressure you put on the stock when the trigger is pulled. The further down range you are shooting the more important it is. A quarter inch at 100 yards is 2.5 inches at 1000. The rifle is really the least important part of the equation - and only becomes important when you have built ammo that is perfectly straight, perfectly tuned to the gun and will exit the rifle within 10 or 12 feet per second of one another.

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 11:45 AM
So is the pistol grip style better, as are for sale in this link?

http://www.webarms.com/Gun%20Suppliers/Olympic%20Arms/olympic%20arms.htm

Chris
03-15-2009, 12:12 PM
If you look at the first rifle in that list, you'll see there's a stop on the bottom of the pistol grip. That's there to allow you to have a more-relaxed hold on the grip. You're using fewer of your forearm muscles to grip the rifle and that makes it much easier for you to execute a smooth, linear trigger pull. You can't have a death grip with 3 fingers and a velvet touch with your index.

For years, competitive marksmen used performance enhancing substances. A relaxed shooter is an accurate shooter.

Chris
03-15-2009, 12:14 PM
If you just want a look-alike, try one of these conversions to a SKS, AK or a 10/22. Dave

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SearchResults.aspx?site=All+Products&num=10&q=dragunov+stock

Those loop stocks were created to circumvent the import restrictions placed on pistol grips on auto-loading rifles.

Madcow
03-15-2009, 12:40 PM
the stock that came on my SKS... I think the little russian guy who had it before me was 4'6" with stubby little arms....
Is it one of these? They only imprted these from 92 to 94. They have gotten pretty valuble. I wish I would have bought more than one.

Madcow
03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
This is the one I biult for 100 yard sniping in my back yard. It is a DSA SA58 with a 24" barrel. I added the harris bi-pod, and for right now it has a simmons whitetail scope becuse I had it laying around. It is a very acurate 308, and fun to shoot.

phragle
03-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Is it one of these? They only imprted these from 92 to 94. They have gotten pretty valuble. I wish I would have bought more than one.

I wish, thats the short barrel paratrooper that takes AK mags...believe it's a norinco? they were conversions out of chines surplus not russian if I remember right, there were a couple russian ones done, but they are very few and far between.

Madcow
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I wish, thats the short barrel paratrooper that takes AK mags...believe it's a norinco? they were conversions out of chines surplus not russian if I remember right, there were a couple russian ones done, but they are very few and far between.
Yeah this is a Norinco. I think I paid $150 for it back then. It's worth about a grand now.