PDA

View Full Version : The Lfe Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Dude! Sweet!
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Seems like people either love or hate this movie. What do you guys think?

Three options, feel free to comment...

Boss!

Bunk!

Dude WTF ya talkin' 'bout?

clayinaustin
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Let's just say that it didn't live up to the hype. I was definitely expecting more from the great cast. :(

Chris
03-09-2009, 09:12 AM
There are some really funny bits in the movie but as a whole it sort of dragged on. I tried once, but gave up a little more than an hour in. Pretty typical Wes Anderson flick- you could mix in scenes from Tenenbaums and they probably wouldn't seem out of place.

Everyone being issued Glocks, the Owen Wilson charachter in the Colonel Sanders airline pilot's uniform and some other funny bits make it just that much more disappointing. Another director might have made it into a much more amusing movie. For me, the awkward pacing that Anderson is famous for makes it somewhat annoying to watch.

phragle
03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
definitly not airplane caliber..I was expecting much more...

Dude! Sweet!
03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I really dig the movie and one of my buddies does as well. In part, the soundtrack does a lot for me. I get a kick out of the "subtlety" of the jokes. A lot of it is "did I just see what I think I saw" type stuff.

I also think it speaks to the underachiever in me... I'm one of those people who always thinks I could do something epic, but never really feel like putting the energy into it. I kind of identify with the Zissou charachter in that respect.

I've also been told that people who like that movie tend to be "elitests".

rschap1
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I got a kick out of it...
No as many big belly laughs as I'd hoped, but I found it funny.
I can sure see where it isn't Old School or Anchorman, but then again

Dude! Sweet!
03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm Ron Burgundy?

JupiterSunsation
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't care for Wes Anderson movies........shorten them 1/3 and maybe I could get through them!