PDA

View Full Version : Jewelers ....who?

THEJOKER
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Yep........it's happening. Looking for round / radiant - platinum 3 carat?

ChiefApache
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM

3 carats????? :ack2:

DonziGirl
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
J-Bonz dad is a jeweler. I'd PM him. He designed my ring and I love it.

DonziGirl
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd be scared to wear 3 carats on my hand! I'm rough on jewelry

Sea-Dated
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Hope she has big hands to pull off 3 carats. My jewler wouldn't sell me anything bigger than 1 because my wife has small hands.

I love that guy, he saved me a ton of money....:biggrinjester:

clayinaustin
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
you're getting married? silly boy! :p

Bobcat
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
J-Bonz dad is a jeweler. I'd PM him. He designed my ring and I love it.

I thought his dad was a TV repairman (he does have an awesome set of tools):sifone:

Tony
03-06-2009, 06:27 PM

She wont know the difference between a cubic zirconia, Donzigirl didnt.:smilielol5: Save your $$ to pay the divorce lawyer.:biggrinjester:

Bobcat
03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
She wont know the difference between a cubic zirconia, Donzigirl didnt.:smilielol5: Save your $$ to pay the divorce lawyer.:biggrinjester:

oh you are so f cked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

DonziGirl
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
no worries. I just locked him out of the house.

DonziGirl
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh and the picture of the feet in the brown crocs... those are Tony's!

Buoy
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Brian, 'scuse me if I'm wrong, but weren't you still bangin' the ex 3-4 months ago?
Do we have to have an intervention like we almost did with Bobcat?? Fortunately we were able to talk him down before we had to invade, but I think Fund is still keeping the malibooty full of fuel in the event there is a relapse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very happily married man (2nd time around), I'm just seeing some serious swings here...
3 Karats???
For some reason this reminds me of Vegas Vacation when Clark cuts the check and Eddie(?) says "Clark, if you're thinking about buying me a Cadillac, I won't take it"

Buoy
03-06-2009, 06:55 PM

OUCH!!!!!!

That means those are his bird legs too.

ChiefApache
03-06-2009, 06:55 PM
OUCH!!!!!!

That means those are his bird legs too.

Sort of figured as much. Have you seen Tony's legs?

Buoy
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Sort of figured as much. Have you seen Tony's legs?

I'm just gonna back my way right out of this one.
I'm not a real big guy either (but bigger than Tony):26:

Tony
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Stop hijacking Brian's thread *******S!:D

Brian, if your serious about this broad (no pun intended) dont worry so much about the size of the rock, instead focus on finding a guy who will build you a one of a kind. I find it hilarious to hear the storries about how some poor schmuck spent WAY too much on a "high end" ring, only to find out the femal recipient saw the same ring on another chics finger in the bank teller line.

Pachanga
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Check with Roger Barker at the Goldsmith in Cummings. He does excellent work! Designs his own and always does me right. Tell him Darrell recommended you!

LOL...last time I was in his shop he had a 9 carat man's solitare you could buy for yourself! :D

ThrottleUp Props
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Hands down Steve Quick Jewelers, in Chicago! If you need the number PM and I'll get it to you. I have been very happy with everything I have gotten from Steve. One of mine is about 2.5C with GIA certification. He is an expert in the business and a fellow racer. He races SS in the DVC / Throttle Up Propellers boat.

Julie

Bobcat
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM

I needed that:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

THEJOKER
03-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Ok.....I'm listening and learning fomr you houdlooms. I'm serious and I know what I'm doing.

Ratickle
03-07-2009, 07:02 AM

That is a very big stone for something she will wear all the time. Personally recommend around 1 to 1 1/2 with a unique setting of smaller stones like the others recommend.

Have someone with similar hands to your fiance try them on to look at.

Don't know any jewelers in your area.

And by the way......

Bobcat
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=Ratickle;137521]

just don't get caught !:sifone:

ChiefApache
03-07-2009, 12:53 PM
That is a very big stone for something she will wear all the time. Personally recommend around 1 to 1 1/2 with a unique setting of smaller stones like the others recommend.

Don't know any jewelers in your area.

And by the way......

As a woman, I don't disagree wtih this. 3 carats is heavy! While a nice thought, when diamonds get too big they're not pretty anymore.

I would say nothing more than two. Mine is exactly one carat. Two carats is big and very eye catching.

3 carats would be gawdy IMO.

Buoy
03-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Ok.....I'm listening and learning fomr you houdlooms. I'm serious and I know what I'm doing.

Alright, I wish you the best of luck.
Truthfully, when I saw my wife, I knew right away. Took a few years, and a wild course, but it's a great thing.
If you found the same thing I've got, you're a lucky man.

QUOTE]

Do you know anyone??

[QUOTE=DonziGirl;137128]Oh and the picture of the feet in the brown crocs... those are Tony's!

Oh geez, should I even suggest it...:26:

THEJOKER
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.jackkelege.com/ Leaning towards this direction! Oh she's the right one. I've known her for a long time. Funny story she used to work across the street from my office and I watched her go to the mailbox for years. I knew she was the one the first time I laid eyes on her.

THEJOKER
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Might as well show you guy's a pic!

Tommy Gun
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
My brother-in-law is a WHOLESALE diamond dealer. He will sell direct and you can have your local jeweler set the stone. PM me if your interested and I'll hook you up.

Sydwayz
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Brian,

Check out long time friends of mine: Ed & Claire Cutshall. You will not find another stone cut like theirs, period. Ed invented the cut and the machine to do it, and he holds the patents.

http://www.huntcountry.com/JCdiamond01.jpg
http://www.huntcountry.com/jubpostcd01b.jpg

http://www.huntcountry.com/jubpg.htm

http://www.huntcountry.com/

I had the attached ring made years ago. It has a Jubilant Crown diamond it it.

ChiefApache
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
As long as your happy, what anyone else says doesn't matter!

Congrats and good luck to both of you! May you be as happy as my husband and I are (which is very happy! :)).

Ms PatriYacht
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
is the total ring going to be 3 Karats or does that include all the other diamonds around it, big difference. Personally I like to see more of the diamond and have it raised out of the setting so you can see the a good portion of the stone. Mine is a 2 Kart oval and a friend with much smaller hands than mine has a 3 Karat and it looks great. Her's is a tasteful ring, with other diamonds recessed down the side of the ring and the main stone is set up higher. But like someone else said it a personal choice, IMHO I have never met a diamond I did not like:drool5:

Congratulations and may you both be very happy

Buoy
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Brian, I wish you the best of luck.
I actually have a similar story about my wife, and I gotta tell you I'm a very happily married guy for 5 yrs now (would be 6, but we were too busy at work for a year before had a chance to schedule a wedding).
Been together for 8, and still wouldn't change a thing. I hope you two are as lucky and happy as we are.

Keep me posted on the bachelor party:sifone: