PDA

View Full Version : Cig Bullet Graphics Advice

RLJ676
02-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm looking at buying a Cig Bullet (unless anyone knows of any good deals on Mystiques for sale out there) by spring.

The ones I'm looking at are 88's and don't have too current of graphics. I'm planning on just doing a vinyl wrap as I'm pretty picky on looks, but don't want to spend on paint I'll be sick of soon (or just spend that much at all I guess:sifone:).

Anyways, here are some graphics I've come up with in GIMP (get your mind out of the gutter, it's a free "photoshop":26:). I just downloaded it today and am not an expert by any means, so some imagination has to be used. For instance, the main stripe is trying to simulate carbon fiber, and I'd imagine more details in the coloring, like highlights and breaks/jagged edges on some outlining, etc.

What does everyone think of the concept though? It is loosely based on one of the Bullets I'm most interested in, along with some other boats I really like. Oh, and the top deck is just from the Top Gun outline I used (the '99 Lip Ship update), the top deck would just be a "carbon fiber stripe", so I haven't gotten into creating that yet.

stecz20
02-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm looking at buying a Cig Bullet (unless anyone knows of any good deals on Mystiques for sale out there) by spring.

The ones I'm looking at are 88's and don't have too current of graphics. I'm planning on just doing a vinyl wrap as I'm pretty picky on looks, but don't want to spend on paint I'll be sick of soon (or just spend that much at all I guess:sifone:).

Anyways, here are some graphics I've come up with in GIMP (get your mind out of the gutter, it's a free "photoshop":26:). I just downloaded it today and am not an expert by any means, so some imagination has to be used. For instance, the main stripe is trying to simulate carbon fiber, and I'd imagine more details in the coloring, like highlights and breaks/jagged edges on some outlining, etc.

What does everyone think of the concept though? It is loosely based on one of the Bullets I'm most interested in, along with some other boats I really like. Oh, and the top deck is just from the Top Gun outline I used (the '99 Lip Ship update), the top deck would just be a "carbon fiber stripe", so I haven't gotten into creating that yet.

why dont you just call up harold, im sure hell be glad to help you out.....

RLJ676
02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
why dont you just call up harold, im sure hell be glad to help you out.....

A. Money (as someone buying a 20 year old boat, I don't really have the cash to cough up a grand on the graphics, but would love to).

B. I want to try and do it myself for the fun and challenge of it.

I'm trying to integrate the original graphics really, and just update the colors and some other tweaks.

I haven't based any of it on his drawing, I'm just used it as a line drawing.

runninhotracing
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM

Looks good BIG Daddy :sifone:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

MarylandMark
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Top angle pic is blury for me.

Does it say some thing down the deck.

Cool looks- I like it!

RLJ676
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Top angle pic is blury for me.

Does it say some thing down the deck.

Cool looks- I like it!

The top angle is just the original from the drawing I borrowed, so that isn't "my design" on there, as I won't be doing a full wrap on the top. Just another "carbon fiber" look stripe like on the side, but on the raised part of the Bullet Deck, and maybe "CIGARETTE" in block lettering in the stripe.

Thanks MM and RunninHot.

MarylandMark
02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
So the paint will stay the same on the top?

May be hard to match colors or if one fades or....

Ratickle
02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I think it looks pretty good.

RLJ676
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
So the paint will stay the same on the top?

May be hard to match colors or if one fades or....

On the top of the Bullet I'm most interested in, I believe there's just a single "pointed stripe". I'd just cover that part with the same shape, but a carbon fiber look like on the side. The rest would just be white.

Seafordguy
02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Looks pretty damn good....

clayinaustin
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I like it! Good luck! :cool:

RLJ676
02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I like it! Good luck! :cool:

I can only hope to someday uphold the high standards for Bullet "decoration" you've set.:26:

Hollowpoint
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I like the graphics for the sides, but I think you should take full advantage of the asymetrical deck.....Be Different!!

I know mine's too simple, but it gives you an idea of the deck layout. Also, don't feel bad, all my graphics are vinyl too.

I would try to make the Bullet stand out with the deck. It makes for great helo shots during poker runs :)

RLJ676
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I like the graphics for the sides, but I think you should take full advantage of the asymetrical deck.....Be Different!!

I know mine's too simple, but it gives you an idea of the deck layout. Also, don't feel bad, all my graphics are vinyl too.

I would try to make the Bullet stand out with the deck. It makes for great helo shots during poker runs :)

I'm plannin on doing the carbon fiber look stripe on the higher side, and maybe Cigarette in Script or block. Can't do the whole deck because it'll get real pricey due to the all the creases/crevices etc.

carter38
02-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I think it looks good!

Warlock28SXT
02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I like it also. You could do BULLET down the center of the deck in CF and it would stand out nice against the blue.

RLJ676
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
I think it looks good!

Thanks! (any of the graphics look "familiar yet updated"?):sifone:

carter38
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah a little lol!

RLJ676
02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
What kind of quotes have other people gotten for vinyl wrap?