PDA

View Full Version : Chicks, Chips & Boats

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
20 here today- wish it would warm up, start raining and then freeze

Amazing how 1-4 million people can make it to DC at 3-4AM for this Inauguration but can't make it to a frickin jobby-job 4-5 hours later.

Scarab- glad your wife is ok and hope the insurance pans out for ya!

Thanks Mark. Went over this morning to clean the car out...first I seen it. Pretty solid hit. Lori is go'n in today for a check up. Started hurt'n Sunday and left work early yesterday. Noth'n keeps her from work, so I know she's feel'n it. I made her take the day off to get checked over.

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
well it's official now, Obama is president, I can't believe how many people went to see it, I wonder how they will all get to the bathrooms, that would be the first thing on my mind if I was standing there since dawn:D

Well God Bless him, I hope he can be even half the man that so many people believe he will be :USA::

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Scarab, sorry to hear about your wife, I bet she could use a good massage from you. Espcially she was hurt bringing you your lunch. Tell her I suggested it:D

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
the inaugural poem is being delivered by now, I thought poems should have at least some rhyme, just a bunch of random thoughts. Wow I'm excited I think I can even be a poet:biggrinjester:

DonziGirl
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
My boss ordered us all pizza and we watched it streaming from CNN.

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Scarab, sorry to hear about your wife, I bet she could use a good massage from you. Espcially she was hurt bringing you your lunch. Tell her I suggested it:D

Got it covered.
Actually I think she was more pizzed about her homemade stew spilled all over the front seat then the crash. People were by the car asking her if she was ok, but she was too busy cleaning up pieces of potato and beef off the front seat to realize they were there.

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Dawn I am going to Wallmart tonight, I got some great deals there this weekend,
workout tops and long sleve tops for $4.00 each and some nice velor knock around pants and tops $7.00 each. My favorite places to shop are Wallmart, Meijer and Big Lots, and this weekend they had some down and dirty sales at K Mart I bought two really nice ski type coats for Ian one for $21 and the other $24, plus I had a $10.00 coupon. I could not believe how nice they were, one had a zip out lining, a lined detachable hood, lots of pockets and stuff. I love a good deal, the only problem is I know all the stuff is made outside the country, that's the problem we want a lot of stuff but want the deals to.

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Got it covered.
Actually I think she was more pizzed about her homemade stew spilled all over the front seat then the crash. People were by the car asking her if she was ok, but she was too busy cleaning up pieces of potatoe and beef off the front seat to realize they were there.

I feel for her, I had a situation that was not quite as bad as hers was. I was college age and was coming back from picking up Chinese take out for the family. I was driving down our street the neigbor's dog ran out from behind a parked car. I jammed on the brakes and swerved to keep from hitting it, I wound up clipping the dog and it broke part of the front of the grill, everyone was gathering around the dog (thankfuly minor injury) and I was dealing with Shrimp & Lobster sauce and WonTon soup all over the front cloth seats and floor:( It is still a very vivid memory, hope she will be OK

Ms PatriYacht
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
After I finished typing this I realized that tonight I am going to a birthday dinner at another friends house. The dinner is take out Thai food and to help the friend out I volunteered to pick up the food for 6 girls. I think I will bring a big box or two and put it on the back seat of the car, it's still pretty icy around here:)

Racegirl3
01-20-2009, 02:09 PM

We all watched here too. I received this awesome bottle of Gran Patron today .... contemplating opening it this afternoon and just finish out the day getting hammered. The girls have all voted for opening it and the singer from the band just stopped by and he said he'd be happy to help us :D

Racegirl3
01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Dawn I am going to Wallmart tonight, I got some great deals there this weekend,
workout tops and long sleve tops for $4.00 each and some nice velor knock around pants and tops $7.00 each. My favorite places to shop are Wallmart, Meijer and Big Lots, and this weekend they had some down and dirty sales at K Mart I bought two really nice ski type coats for Ian one for $21 and the other $24, plus I had a $10.00 coupon. I could not believe how nice they were, one had a zip out lining, a lined detachable hood, lots of pockets and stuff. I love a good deal, the only problem is I know all the stuff is made outside the country, that's the problem we want a lot of stuff but want the deals to.

We have Walmart, Krogers, and Save a Lot for groceries. Last week I was in Kroger gettin a refill on one of the meds (its in their cheap program) and I needed a thing of Ortego Taco Sauce. It was $3.09 in Kroger. Its $1.79 at Walmart :eek: Gabriel Brothers is my absolute favorite store for clothes and such. The one in Mansfield is awesome but I've been in a few others that were really dirty and gross. Ours is nice (thank God) Its kinda like cross between Burlington and Big Lots. Name brand stuff ... super low prices. :)

CROWN MAN
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM

I don't think i could eat while watching :puke::rofl:

DonziGirl
01-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm out numbered around here. Most of the people are Democrats. I did notice that he couldn't get through his oath without stumbling and forgeting but he managed his speech fine..

Sea-Dated
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Difference between having a teleprompter and not having one.....

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Lori is back from the doctor. Noth'n serious, just a case of whiplash. He wants her to go thru a few sessions of physical therapy for the strain. Guess I better get the magic fingers limbered up :D

BBB725
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Just have her carry the bar bell set up from the basement, that should loosen it right up:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Just have her carry the bar bell set up from the basement, that should loosen it right up:biggrinjester:

I could suggest a lot of things come up out of the basement, but that would just put me in the dog house :biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I could suggest a lot of things come up out of the basement, but that would just put me in the dog house :biggrinjester:

or the basement .... carrying things up :D

Racegirl3
01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Has anybody ever heard of the magicjack? The ex was telling me about it last night. It is a jack thing that plugs into you PC and then you plug your home phone into it. No per minute calls or plan to buy... just the jack. $39.95 for the first year and then $19.95 next year. Not per month ... for the whole year.

I still have the home phone so if the son is there when Im gone, I still have a way to get a hold of him. He doesnt have a cell phone .... cuz I aint paying for one for him ... but he probably will get one on his own in the next year or so.... he has plans for driving and that will require him to have a job ... and I wont HAVE to have a home phone then

So anyway .... my phone now costs about $30 a month so ... it seems like a good deal to try the thing. I was checking out that website and it said you can try it free for a month ... but of course that free trial ends today.... altho I'm gonna check the website tomorrow to see if the free trial is still available :D

ChiefApache
01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Glad Lori's ok Scarab.

MarylandMark
01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I think I will bring a big box or two and put it on the back seat of the car

I keep an American Outdoors (http://www.aocoolers.com/) cooler in my truck. Keeps food hot/cold, spills/drips stay contained and folds up behind the seat so doesn't take up any room when not in use.

Glad Lori is OK!

BBB725
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Glad Lori's ok Scarab.

How's the weather?:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Glad Lori's ok Scarab.

Thanks Chief. How's the vacation go'n?

or the basement .... carrying things up :D

:rofl: That would come after the dog house.

Scarab KV
01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I keep an American Outdoors (http://www.aocoolers.com/) cooler in my truck. Keeps food hot/cold, spills/drips stay contained and folds up behind the seat so doesn't take up any room when not in use.

Glad Lori is OK!

Thanks Mark. When I was emptying out the car this morning there was a little bit of corn, carrots and stew broth froze to the seat. Somebody that doesn't know the story will think some one had a bad night. :ack2:

BBB725
01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Mornin all, happy hump day!:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Mornin all, happy hump day!:biggrinjester:

Bah humbug ..... :D

FULL FORCE
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks Chief. How's the vacation go'n?

Hopefully warmer then Orlando! 30 degrees here right now... I guess it is better then home...9 degrees...snow...

JJ Apache
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
A whole 7 degrees. Dan Bumpus said that was 'slightly chilly' (news caster). I must be from venus, cuz I think thats COLD. 55 is chilly. No wonder I see kids walking to school in hoodies. HUH, now it says 9. Salons gonna be COLD. Love sitting under a warm dryer.

pasquesi
01-21-2009, 10:38 AM

I've got a special tool for assisting you with your issue!:sifone:

Ms PatriYacht
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
the Thai food was yummy, good thing I brought the box since they had a zillion bags I would have had to carry everthing in

I don't think Chief is on vacation, I think she's on a business trip, but at the moment I would rather do business in FL then vacation in MI.

It's been an interesting few days at work. I am on a mission to get our competitor's pricing. I sell industrial filters, and the average filter we sell is about $50.00, just about all our competitors are priced much lower than us, anywhere from $5 to $15.00 less. When customers buy 48, 96, 106 etc it really adds up. So I had to go undercover, I made up a new company name, email address and am using Ian's cell phone, then since I know several of my customers I had to drag my sister into it, so I had to make up stories for her, coach her on what to say yada yada. I am trying to prove a point with the owners of our company, they keep telling me to call on companies that are "not so price sensitive" :smilielol5: OK so where do you find those type of customers:huh: I have a new competitor breathing down the neck of some of my best customers. They sell a popular filter for $44.00 that I sell to my best customer for $56.00. My customer just ordered 48 and sometimes 96, I have not lost them yet but I have lost others. Anyway they wanted me to get the prices so hopefully it helps my cause. I am a good sales person and can sell for higher prices but lately the price differences are getting to big for to overcome so I have started to loose accounts. It also sucks prospecting when you are always way more than their current supplier. Any sales advice out there will be greatly appreciated:D

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Can you get a job with your competitor? :eek::D

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I've got a special tool for assisting you with your issue!:sifone:

:p:p:p

BBB725
01-21-2009, 11:25 AM
the Thai food was yummy, good thing I brought the box since they had a zillion bags I would have had to carry everthing in

I don't think Chief is on vacation, I think she's on a business trip, but at the moment I would rather do business in FL then vacation in MI.

It's been an interesting few days at work. I am on a mission to get our competitor's pricing. I sell industrial filters, and the average filter we sell is about $50.00, just about all our competitors are priced much lower than us, anywhere from $5 to $15.00 less. When customers buy 48, 96, 106 etc it really adds up. So I had to go undercover, I made up a new company name, email address and am using Ian's cell phone, then since I know several of my customers I had to drag my sister into it, so I had to make up stories for her, coach her on what to say yada yada. I am trying to prove a point with the owners of our company, they keep telling me to call on companies that are "not so price sensitive" :smilielol5: OK so where do you find those type of customers:huh: I have a new competitor breathing down the neck of some of my best customers. They sell a popular filter for $44.00 that I sell to my best customer for $56.00. My customer just ordered 48 and sometimes 96, I have not lost them yet but I have lost others. Anyway they wanted me to get the prices so hopefully it helps my cause. I am a good sales person and can sell for higher prices but lately the price differences are getting to big for to overcome so I have started to loose accounts. It also sucks prospecting when you are always way more than their current supplier. Any sales advice out there will be greatly appreciated:D

I don't use your product, but I can always ask for a quote from you and your competitor, let me know if I can help.

BBB725
01-21-2009, 11:27 AM

We wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Try sleeping on top instead of under it:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
We wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Try sleeping on top instead of under it:biggrinjester:

I should have said bah humpbug :D:rofl:

Hey btw ... that magicjack thing that had the free trial that was only good thru yesterday is still good for a free trial today. Imagine that. Bet it will still be good tomorrow too :sifone:

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
So .. got a text message from one of my buddies. He made a priceless video starring one of my other buddies. The star buddy used to be in charge of the service department at our local Chevy dealership and quit and started his own service thing up at the lake. Anyway ... he is a huge Chevy fan ... just like me. So the priceless video is a Crown Royal bottle, then a tequila bottle ... then a picture of my Chevy buddy passed out in front of a camp fire .... wearing a Ford sweatshirt :eek: I texted my buddy back that made the vid and asked if Jason killed him ... he said no but he's in VA right now on business. I told him if he ever did that to me, I would hunt him down ... state lines wouldnt mean much. He said he figured I would appreciate it :boxing_smiley::rofl:

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Ya need to chase the dust bunnies out every once in awhile:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
So .. got a text message from one of my buddies. He made a priceless video starring one of my other buddies. The star buddy used to be in charge of the service department at our local Chevy dealership and quit and started his own service thing up at the lake. Anyway ... he is a huge Chevy fan ... just like me. So the priceless video is a Crown Royal bottle, then a tequila bottle ... then a picture of my Chevy buddy passed out in front of a camp fire .... wearing a Ford sweatshirt :eek: I texted my buddy back that made the vid and asked if Jason killed him ... he said no but he's in VA right now on business. I told him if he ever did that to me, I would hunt him down ... state lines wouldnt mean much. He said he figured I would appreciate it :boxing_smiley::rofl:

I'm all Chevy to, but I do have a Ford in the garage also. Looks and runs great for 85 years old:sifone:

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Morn'n every one....it's warm'n up.
I think Lori's feeling better. Had a glitch in the system last night and didn't get home from the store untill way later then she was anticipating.

Note to self....install heat in the dog house. :D

BBB725
01-21-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm all Chevy to, but I do have a Ford in the garage also. Looks and runs great for 85 years old:sifone:

I was all chevy, but around 99 got a couple bad cars, have been Ford ever since.

BBB725
01-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Morn'n every one....it's warm'n up.
I think Lori's feeling better. Had a glitch in the system last night and didn't get home from the store untill way later then she was anticipating.

Note to self....install heat in the dog house. :D

So you came home with beer on your breath and lip stick on your collar?

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 01:34 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Got a call from another Realtor. She showed the house yesterday and the guy was really interested and was planning on going back with a friend to check a few things out so she wanted to see if I would go shovel the deck :D I was thinkin ... the good thing about all the snow on the ground is no weeds and they cant tell I have a lack of landscaping :)

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
So you came home with beer on your breath and lip stick on your collar?

Could only wish my life was that exciting.

Then again...don't think I could survive the rath of Lori :rofl:

Seriously...not my style. Lifes too short for games.

Enough of the serious stuff...when are we gonna get together for that beer...or two or....:biggrinjester:
How long are you gonna be up here?

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Just heard from the insurance company....we're gonna get screwed as I figured. :(

Won't beable to buy near what we had.

Looks like I'm gonna have to pull the Model T out of the garage... we gonna be styl'n :D

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Just heard from the insurance company....we're gonna get screwed as I figured. :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to pull the Model T out of the garage... we gonna be styl'n :D

?? Is the car totally totaled?

Ms PatriYacht
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Can you get a job with your competitor? :eek::D

Sorry, this will be a long story....... I tried that last year, and it took about 5 month. I don't know if I told anyone on line about it it. It started around March, I talked with the sls mgr of a filter manufacturing company (just like us, but bigger). I had him convinced to hire me, they are owned by a Parent company that also owns about 9 other filter companies some of the companies manufacture and some of the companies they own are distributors, they are pretty large and publicly traded. He says he is pretty convinced that I would get the job, and wants to fly me in for an interview. He said the next step if they wanted to hire me would be for me to take a corporate assessment test, I said no problem I ace those sales tests, then he said the last guy failed that they wanted to hire. So I say then since I am nervous about coming to your office, can I take test first. finally in May corporate says yes, it takes until Memorial Day to get the tests, they were a piece of work, at least 5 tests, each with over 75 questions some were essays, stuff like what traits in my father do i have, what was my best memory from high school, do I get angry easy, what if sales situations, all very tricky. It took over 7 hours to do them all, then 3 days after they get them they call to say they forgot but that I also have to complete some on line tests, so three more tests come that takes 4 hours to complete. Lots of the same questions only asked different ways. Results come back, sls mgr said WOW you did great when can you fly in to PA for interview. Finally fly there mid June, interview goes great, sls mgr is a great guy, meet the other sls person who lives in Toledo, they even have a territory drawn up, meet HR lady, plant mgr. Everyone loves me. Salary would be almost $10,000 more a year plus a car, plus they have great products and prices, I would love to sell their stuff. I WANT THIS JOB, a week goes by, can't get an answer. After sls mgr told me way back when he makes the decision on who to hire, he tells me that a girl from one of their sister companies put in for the job when she saw the posting and that even though he and everyone else at their company wanted me, corporate wants him to hire her. What happened and I even knew this, before the sls mgr knew I was interested he sold the idea of adding a person by splitting the country geographical, him on east coast, Toledo guy Midwest and new person in the south. Well this gal lived in VA so the corporate people tell him it does not make sense for him to hire me from Detroit when they have Toledo guy. Meanwhile 90% of our job is done on the phone, most of their other companies however are field jobs so that's what corporate relates to and probably why it comes with a car. He also tells me the company the gal is at (distribution company to a lot of auto plants) is hurting and her job will probably not be replaced so this way corporate does not add to their head count. OK I am DEVASTATED, really really upset, I had my heart set on it, not really because of the money, but more about how well I could have done, and also by how much business I know they can take from me. I at least can understand why parent company thought the way they did especially if they were trying to eliminate some jobs with the other company they own. Well two days later I get a call from a branch mgr of the sister company (the distributor company) saying he has my resume and it has excellent comments from corporate HR office on it and asks if I can move near VA, I ask one question and sure enough he is calling me for the job that will be vacated by the girl that got the job I wanted, now I am really upset, first my resume is out to a company that we sell to, second I don't want a lot of people to know I was thinking of leaving, thirdly I can't move or don't want to work for a distributor. I find it hard to speak to the caller without crying or being angry. I tell the man no thank you and to please take my resume out of their system. I call the sales mgr and ask how he could pass my info out, he said he did not and would make sure it did not happen again. Well two days later I get another call from the HR director at main office of the distributor company, who also has my resume and asks if I can move to Buffalo, I finally get her to get my resume out of the system and since then no more calls. So much for the theory of them downsizing. When I called the HR director at the company I wanted to work at to get the expenses reimbursed from my trip to PA, she says we are sorry how things turned out you were our first choice. It still drives me nuts, it still bothers me. I keep in touch with the sls mgr, I actually buy a few things from him, he says the new gal is doing OK, I keep on hoping she wins the lottery or gets pregnant with triplets or something that keeps her from working. I know a lot about the other competitors and various reasons don't really want to work for any of them. I have been at this business for 12 years and have become well known in the industry, it's odd for me when I realize that many people view me as an expert in the field, just today someone that has been selling equipment and filters for over 40 years called me because he was discussing a problem with a colleague and they said you know you should give Donna a call, she is most likely the person that can most help you. See that other company does not know what they are missing:sifone:

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
?? Is the car totally totaled?

Yup. He hit her on the front right. Broke the wheel off. Trans axle is broke and rods, bushings, etc were tore out. Front end was sprung enough that the drivers door wouldn't open. After the initial hit both cars spun and hit side to side. Whole right side of our car was smashed. Lori and what was left of her stew had to come out the left rear door.

BBB725
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Could only wish my life was that exciting.

Then again...don't think I could survive the rath of Lori :rofl:

Seriously...not my style. Lifes too short for games.

Enough of the serious stuff...when are we gonna get together for that beer...or two or....:biggrinjester:
How long are you gonna be up here?

I thought your life wasn't that exciting, cause that would be my beer on your breath:biggrinjester:

I'm game but when are you free?

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I thought your life wasn't that exciting, cause that would be my beer on your breath:biggrinjester:

I'm game but when are you free?

What's your show and banquet schedule like?

BBB725
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
What's your show and banquet schedule like?

Banquet is this Sat the 24th in Green Bay the horse show is Thursday - Sunday the following weekend 29th-1st, leaving Wed noon for the show

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry for your loss. That sucks :(

Donna ... wow. Wish I had some good suggestion for you .... I hated sales. I soooo suck at it. I used to work at a company years ago that wanted us to do solicitation calls. Every factory in town was laying off or shutting down and I was supposed to talk people into borrowing money :ack2:

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Banquet is this Sat the 24th in Green Bay the horse show is Thursday - Sunday the following weekend 29th-1st, leaving Wed noon for the show

Lori's xmas party is Saturday night. Maybe Friday. Then again, doesn't have to be a weekend night.

Ms PatriYacht
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
BB thanks for your offer, at the moment I am good but sometime I might take you up on that offer.

RG sometimes i wish I did not do sales as well, you strike me that you are an expert at what you do.

BBB725
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
BB thanks for your offer, at the moment I am good but sometime I might take you up on that offer.

Just say when:biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Lori's xmas party is Saturday night. Maybe Friday. Then again, doesn't have to be a weekend night.

What time does the shop close for the night?

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
What time does the shop close for the night?

9:00 for the time being. End of the month we go to 6:00

BBB725
01-21-2009, 04:28 PM
9:00 for the time being. End of the month we go to 6:00

So you can't get off work before 9?

Ms PatriYacht
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Scarab, how do they rationalize what they give you, do they use the blue book value.
Which insurance company are you with, I always like to know who the ones are that give you a hard time, and it sucks because it was not even her fault, see there is sometimes a good reason why people sue.

Ms PatriYacht
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Dawn I am confused on your house situation, is the house still yours, I though you let it go.

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
So you can't get off work before 9?

Which night? It's gonna be screwy now that we're down to one car. If I bug out early and Lori were to cover the store she wouldn't have wheels to get back home. This is gonna suck for awhile.

Scarab KV
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Scarab, how do they rationalize what they give you, do they use the blue book value.
Which insurance company are you with, I always like to know who the ones are that give you a hard time, and it sucks because it was not even her fault, see there is sometimes a good reason why people sue.

Most times it's book. Don't know who his insurance was thru. We have American Family and I can only say good things for them. Amfam cut us a check today for the amount to get us go'n and they will collect from his insurance.

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Dawn I am confused on your house situation, is the house still yours, I though you let it go.

Its still mine... for now. Ive been working with Flagstar to try to not keep it but also not kill my credit any more than its killed. If it doesnt sell in the next month or so, the bank has agreed to take it back. Probably wont be out of my name til the end of March ... unless it sells. :)

Racegirl3
01-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Ive had an eventful afternoon. I was stabbing at the paper shredder with a pair of scissors and broke the scissors and cut my thumb in the process :D THEN I received a call from one of my most favorite people in the world who happened to be in town so I dropped what I was doing (there actually was a customer standing in front of me when I answered his call and I never answer my phone so that tells you how important he is :D) Anyway ... got to hang with some great people for a bit before I went back to the office :sifone:

MarylandMark
01-21-2009, 08:32 PM

That sucks- sorry to hear. At least there are great deals out there to hopefully make up for some of it

BBB725
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Mornin all, a buddy of mine that's going thru a divorce knew I was in town and want to go out and shoot the $hit last night, bad idea. Now I know I'm getting old:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-22-2009, 10:38 AM
So ... Ive been doing 1 to 3 miles every day on the tread mill thing .. barefooted.... My neck and shoulders have been buggin me but I was blaming it on the shoveling and ... other stuff. It occurred to me the other night that maybe it was the lack of cushion for my feet while jogging sooooooo I dug out my hand me down Nikes (yes thats right used shoes - aint no way in hell I'd pay over $60 for a pair of shoes :D) and wah lah .. within two days my head & neck are noticeable hurting less :sifone: So this morning when I was gettin ready to run ... putting my shoes on ... the dogs were runnin around being stupid and Jax knocked into me .. I almost fell .. but I didnt .... I twisted my knee instead :rolleyes: Ive decided that exercise is just bad for the body.. way too dangerous :biggrinjester:

Sea-Dated
01-22-2009, 10:40 AM
GM Everyone.....

Sea-Dated
01-22-2009, 10:41 AM
So ... Ive been doing 1 to 3 miles every day on the tread mill thing .. barefooted.... My neck and shoulders have been buggin me but I was blaming it on the shoveling and ... other stuff. It occurred to me the other night that maybe it was the lack of cushion for my feet while jogging sooooooo I dug out my hand me down Nikes (yes thats right used shoes - aint no way in hell I'd pay over $60 for a pair of shoes :D) and wah lah .. within two days my head & neck are noticeable hurting less :sifone: So this morning when I was gettin ready to run ... putting my shoes on ... the dogs were runnin around being stupid and Jax knocked into me .. I almost fell .. but I didnt .... I twisted my knee instead :rolleyes: Ive decided that exercise is just bad for the body.. way too dangerous :biggrinjester:

That sucks Dawn. Rest your knee and you will be back to treadmilling it in no time....

I tend to agree with you. Exercise is overrated.....:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Morn'n everybody. Nice out today, but a bit foggy. Spose to hit low 30s.

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Mornin all, a buddy of mine that's going thru a divorce knew I was in town and want to go out and shoot the $hit last night, bad idea. Now I know I'm getting old:biggrinjester:

Is it safe to say the weather isn't the only thing foggy this morn'n. :biggrinjester:

Where were ya hang'n at?

Racegirl3
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I tend to agree with you. Exercise is overrated.....:biggrinjester:

I told one of my girls here yesterday that I feel so dumpy and lumpy. She said "how many shirts you wearing?" :D I had on three :D Might have something to do with it :rofl:

Racegirl3
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Is it safe to say the weather isn't the only thing foggy this morn'n. :biggrinjester:

Where were ya hang'n at?

I want to know what he was drinking ... :sifone:

ChiefApache
01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
How's the weather?:biggrinjester:

Bite me (with love of course).:biggrinjester:

Coldest weather in 6 years. Go figure.

ChiefApache
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Hopefully warmer then Orlando! 30 degrees here right now... I guess it is better then home...9 degrees...snow...

Scarab/FF, not any better in Tampa. 30 for the low, highs only low 50's but feels much colder.

Very dissappointing to have to wear a sweater and jacket in Florida.

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I told one of my girls here yesterday that I feel so dumpy and lumpy. She said "how many shirts you wearing?" :D I had on three :D Might have something to do with it :rofl:

Just tell her it's that layered look. She'll think your a fashion guru....not that you aren't already. :biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 12:54 PM

:rofl::rofl:

One of my customers left yesterday for a week down there...he's gonna be bum'n :(

pasquesi
01-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Not all excercise......:26::rofl:

DonziGirl
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
A friend of mine just got back from the Bahamas and she said it wasn't as warm as she expected there either.

Scarab - isn't their insurance providing for a rental car?

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
We haven't heard from their insurance yet. Nobody even knows who it is. City of Fond du Lac takes a week to process accident reports... :icon_bs: Untill then Amfam doesn't know who they're deal'n with. Amfam basicly spotted us the book value on the car untill they get into it with the other insurance company. Our agent said to expect them to fight for book value only. No idea if a rental is gonna be covered so haven't even gone that route. Knowing our luck, it won't be and it'll come out of our pocket.:(

CROWN MAN
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3643

Please read

BBB725
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I want to know what he was drinking ... :sifone:

1 1/2 bottles of wine:biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Where?:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Where?:biggrinjester:

:lurk5:

Racegirl3
01-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Good luck with that Dennis :)

MarylandMark
01-22-2009, 06:24 PM
BBB is a little slow on the posting today- busy or nursing?

Going to be 55 in MD tomorrow- for one day- and then back to freezing...

BBB725
01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
BBB is a little slow on the posting today- busy or nursing?

Going to be 55 in MD tomorrow- for one day- and then back to freezing...

Really busy, met with the accounts and the new 401 people plus the normal stuff at work. The day actually went really fast.

Racegirl3
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I worked hard today too. No really :D

Just got a call from my guy at Flagstar. He said I can sell the house for less than I have it listed if I want. I called the Realtor who has the guy who looked but hasnt offered yet ... maybe she can talk him into if its lower. I also told the Realtor with the first offer to offer less and they can make any improvements they want themselves :sifone:

Fingers crossed ... good timing too cuz I received the thing for the first payment on the daughters student loan. Was going to apply for deferment due to her still being a full time student but the form says "the borrower is a full time student" Im the borrow ... and I aint a full time student :eek: Sent SallieMae an email. Hopefully that gets worked out.... if not... its on to plan B :rolleyes::ack2:

BBB725
01-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Mornin all, -2 tonight -10 tomorrow and -7 on Sunday, I think the weather is telling me to leave. Good luck with the house RG, I'll keep my finger crossed too

JJ Apache
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Morning BBB. Were looking at 28, today. Finally above freezing :26: Might be able to finally wash the car! Roads are still wet, so its gonna get dirty again right away. oh well......

Racegirl3
01-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Woke up this morning and thought it was spring :D 33 degrees here. My uncle called last night from his Florida vacation .... hmm ... is it still a vacation if you're retired.. anyway ... he called to harass me about the weather but we had the same temp as him :sifone:

Davidmnc
01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
It's 33 here this morning too, but headed to 60!!!!!!! 15018

FULL FORCE
01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I thinik 40 is the high today! wish I was back in Florida! 75 in Orlando..

Davidmnc
01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I thinik 40 is the high today! wish I was back in Florida! 75 in Orlando..

Just make you appreciate summer more.15021

Racegirl3
01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I have a busy day .. lot of time out of the office driving today enjoying the sun and warm (hard to believe I now think of 35 as warm) :D

BBB725
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I have a busy day .. lot of time out of the office driving today enjoying the sun and warm (hard to believe I now think of 35 as warm) :D

It is compared to up here, temps will be dropping all day:(

Scarab KV
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Mornin all, -2 tonight -10 tomorrow and -7 on Sunday, I think the weather is telling me to leave. Good luck with the house RG, I'll keep my finger crossed too

It's WI....it'll change.

On the other hand...need a driver? :biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
01-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Things are slloooowww for me at work (phone joint).

In 3 whole counties there is about 1 hour worth of work for each of us (10 in my team) to do a day and then nadda. Hang out all day waiting for some thing to break...

A few weeks ago I got transfered farther from home (17 miles/45 mins vs 7 miles/10 mins to work now) because it is so slow. They are offering early retirements and all that stuff but me no can retire yet.

Scarab KV
01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Morn'n all. Noth'n new to report. BB already gave the bad news...I mean the weather.

BBB725
01-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Morn'n all. Noth'n new to report. BB already gave the bad news...I mean the weather.

It's about time you got up:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Someone had to be on watch after you went to bed :sifone:

BBB725
01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Someone had to be on watch after you went to bed :sifone:

Getting old will do that to you, I remember when the street lights came on you had to go home, now it's when I go to sleep:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Getting old will do that to you, I remember when the street lights came on you had to go home, now it's when I go to sleep:biggrinjester:

You're not giv'n me much to look forward to.
I'm not that far behind you:biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-23-2009, 12:58 PM
You're not giv'n me much to look forward to.
I'm not that far behind you:biggrinjester:

Look at the bright side, you'll be getting up at 5AM:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Look at the bright side, you'll be getting up at 5AM:biggrinjester:

First went to bed a couple hours before that lastnight, back up at 6:30.

We gonna have to have that beer at three in the afternoon? :biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-23-2009, 11:37 PM
So ... work was.... well work :D Did manage to go thru the car wash. Spent most of the afternoon in the car .... What a nice day... temp made it up to almost 50. Heres a question for you ... most generally speaking, Amish people are not pretty... however ... their kids are quite beautiful. How does that happen? :leaving:

So I get home .... open the newest bottle of tequila. Its good .... Cool display thing too :sifone: Oh and my internet and tv went out for a while .. :ack2:

Racegirl3
01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh and Donzi ... I had a bed frame at the old house that I got rid of when I moved. The kid decided she'd rather have her bed on the floor several years ago so the frame was in the attic. Her mattress here is still on the floor. Kinda a bohemian chic :D

scottc
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey Girl, you need to find a man to warm you up. I know there are lots of volunteers out there.
But while on my last trip I found these. Looks nice.

Racegirl3
01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

BBB725
01-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Mornin all, leaving in a couple hours for Green Bay for the horse banquet, yeeha:biggrinjester:

It's currently -7 and the dogs don't want to go outside, go figure, I think it cause they like going on palm trees rather then oak:rolleyes:

ChiefApache
01-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Morning. It's 18 here. Our low is suppose to be 16 so it's still dropping. Cold all weekend. At least I'm home and my husband can keep me warm! :drool5:

BBB725
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Morning. It's 18 here. Our low is suppose to be 16 so it's still dropping. Cold all weekend. At least I'm home and my husband can keep me warm! :drool5:

Well how was the trip? Any pics or do we have to wait 9 months again?:biggrinjester:

FULL FORCE
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Cold all weekend. At least I'm home and my husband can keep me warm! :drool5:

Behave...... Granny:sifone:

MarylandMark
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Well how was the trip? Any pics or do we have to wait 9 months again?:biggrinjester:

:eek:

MarylandMark
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Went out and had some beers last night- 1st time in about a month. Little foggy today..

That no drinking thing is kind of nice- don't spend all that $$ to feel like pooh the next day

DonziGirl
01-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Oddly I'm not hung over. I drank about 3/4 of a big bottle of wine (about the equivalent of 2 bottles probably). Wine gives me the worst hangovers. I'm not sure why I feel fine today but I'm not going to argue with it!

Racegirl3
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
So everything that melted yesterday is frozen today... at least the sun is shining. Happy Saturday ...:)

fund razor
01-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Went out and had some beers last night- 1st time in about a month. Little foggy today..

That no drinking thing is kind of nice- don't spend all that $$ to feel like pooh the next day

I have actually considered sobriety as an offset to the new engines. Now THAT is for the love of the sport. :D

And in my case, I could probably pay off engines in a year.
No small blocks, either. ;)

BBB725
01-24-2009, 11:26 AM

Glad to see your taking one for the team, who's next?:biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
01-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Wine gives me the worst hangovers.

Been there...

I love Pino Grigio; not much for the reds but I'm not very refined anyway.

Scarab KV
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Glad to see your taking one for the team, who's next?:biggrinjester:

:huh:

BBB725
01-24-2009, 12:34 PM
:huh:

Do we have a volunteer?:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I fall in there with Mark. The little I get out, I'm a cheap date...or entertainment :D

BBB725
01-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Getting really warm here, actually got above zero it's +1 outside:(

Racegirl3
01-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Picked up some mango peach V8 splash and acai mixed berry fusion.... goes pretty good with the Patron :sifone: Drink healthy .... :biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
12 Advil so far today hasn't been any help.

Going to a bday party tonight- so not up to it.

I've crushed off 5 of these- the white chocolate ones are the best!! The box will be done by sunset I think..

DonziGirl
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm making chili. Looks like about a 4 gallon batch or so.

Scarab KV
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
12 Advil so far today hasn't been any help.

Going to a bday party tonight- so not up to it.

I've crushed off 5 of these- the white chocolate ones are the best!! The box will be done by sunset I think..

Not sure I want what he's having. :ack2:

fund razor
01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm making chili. Looks like about a 4 gallon batch or so. Ha. I did that yesterday. I had another can of beans and some diced tomatoes on the sidelines but there was no more room in the pool. :D

DonziGirl
01-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Ha. I did that yesterday. I had another can of beans and some diced tomatoes on the sidelines but there was no more room in the pool. :D

I use one of the big turkey fryer pots when I make it. This is actually really late in the year for me. I usually make a batch in the fall and freeze it so I have chili all winter long.

Racegirl3
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Made a ham loaf for the boy (his favorite) with green been casserole and mac and cheese. My friend is the meat manager at one of the local stores and he makes the BEST ham loaf.... ham ran thru the grinder with some pineapple and a touch of maple syrup and brown sugar

My mom makes her chili "soft" so its more like a tomato soup with meat and beans. My chili is dippin chili .... excellent with Doritos :) How do you guys make yours? thick or thin?

Tony
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
First time Donzi made it, I told her lots of beef, not much beans. I got a lava type flow of beef, peppers, and onions with 5 or 6 beans in a 8 gallon batch.

Scarab KV
01-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Medium. Not real thick, but not soup like either. Last batch Lori made she added a quart of some really hot salsa we made last fall. Had kind of a neat kick to it.:drool5:

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I like to make it meaty with beans a full variety of peppers but not heavy with tomato.

fund razor
01-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Mine is medium I think. Decent amount of everything. Some diced tomatoes to make it thicker as it cooks down. Must have onions. Today I used some to make chili mac. Yum.
But now I need to eat something else besides chili. Freezer time.

JJ Apache
01-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Of course, fundy made chili for us yesterday, and my sick daughter wants vegetarian chili today.
She likes hers with lots of tomatos,light and dark beans, and 1 chili mix,1 taco mix. Says its more 'smokey' flavored. And a can of tomato paste to make it thick,and I use more onion than she thinks.

Racegirl3
01-24-2009, 10:07 PM
I like to make it meaty with beans a full variety of peppers but not heavy with tomato.

Me too.... Tomatoes have too much acid for my sensitive stomach :D

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 10:51 AM

You don't want pics of a bunch of salesmen standing around demoing new product releases that our company just releaesed do you? That's all I have....this was not a fun trip by any means.

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Behave...... Granny:sifone:

Not a chance........I have some catching up to do! :03:

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 10:52 AM
:eek:

Stop that! :boxing_smiley::sifone:

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Not a chance........I have some catching up to do! :03:

I think you did... I heard that messege from last night.....:sifone:

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Stop that! :boxing_smiley::sifone:

You sound like McConnel....:26:

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I think you did... I heard that messege from last night.....:sifone:

LOL! Oh yeah, forgot about that until now......

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL! Oh yeah, forgot about that until now......

It was funny!

what are you guys doing today?

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
It was funny!

what are you guys doing today?

Rob's working right now and I'm doing laundry.....hopefully we're doing nothing but watch some TV and hang out, maybe head to the grocery store.....oh, and play catch up!

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Rob's working right now and I'm doing laundry.....hopefully we're doing nothing but watch some TV and hang out, maybe head to the grocery store.....oh, and play catch up!

Nice, Kramer told me to call him, Iw as wondering what was goin on out east...

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Nice, Kramer told me to call him, Iw as wondering what was goin on out east...

His drunk a$$ was talking about a fire today. It's really cold, there's a slight wind and no sun = no fun IMO.

You ought to see the dent he and Robster put in the bottle of Crown last night......:leaving:

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 11:10 AM
His drunk a$$ was talking about a fire today. It's really cold, there's a slight wind and no sun = no fun IMO.

You ought to see the dent he and Robster put in the bottle of Crown last night......:leaving:

So.. I should send some Tylenol and water to Scott?

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 11:11 AM
So.. I should send some Tylenol and water to Scott?

Most likely not. They got plenty of sleep so they should be ok. Rob was fine this morning so I'm sure Scott is. We listened to Pink Floyd and watched boat DVD's.....that was great!

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Most likely not. They got plenty of sleep so they should be ok. Rob was fine this morning so I'm sure Scott is. We listened to Pink Floyd and watched boat DVD's.....that was great!

Too bad I missed it, the wif was tired and I did not want to drive home rocked...

ChiefApache
01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Too bad I missed it, the wif was tired and I did not want to drive home rocked...

I understand that.......I started drinking water because one of us had to drive home...and I knew it wasn't going to be Rob.:rofl:

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I understand that.......I started drinking water because one of us had to drive home...and I knew it wasn't going to be Rob.:rofl:

Maybe Ii'll end up out there later... we'll see.

BBB725
01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Mornin all, just got back from the banquet, quiet night nobody got drunk or out of hand, everyone won an award, even me, which is hard to believe. Cold here this AM -6 when I got up:(

DonziGirl
01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Made a ham loaf for the boy (his favorite) with green been casserole and mac and cheese. My friend is the meat manager at one of the local stores and he makes the BEST ham loaf.... ham ran thru the grinder with some pineapple and a touch of maple syrup and brown sugar

My mom makes her chili "soft" so its more like a tomato soup with meat and beans. My chili is dippin chili .... excellent with Doritos :) How do you guys make yours? thick or thin?

I'd say mine is probably medium to thick. I use my dad's recipe that he's tweaked from when he was in the navy. It calls for 10 lbs of ground beef, 10 lbs of kidney beans (I only use about half of that), 8 onions, 4 green peppers, hot peppers, onion soup mix, pretty much a bottle of chili powder, cumin and a #10 can of seasoned diced tomatoes. I use the ones that are the seasoned Mexican ones so they're spicier. Add water and let it simmer for about 3 hours.

FULL FORCE
01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=ChiefApache;91769]Most likely not. They got plenty of sleep[QUOTE]

Like this again?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/86lxmustang/0913082134a.jpg

JJ Apache
01-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I drank teqqqquila last night, went to bed at 1, and wasnt up til 11. wow, no hang over!
No need for all sport either! :26:

Ratickle
01-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I drank teqqqquila last night, went to bed at 1, and wasnt up til 11. wow, no hang over!

Not again......

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-25-2009, 01:25 PM

Not again......

Yep, Tequila is the best

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't mean Pepe Lopez or crap lighter fluid like that. Some good anejo. Like Herradura or Milagro, Tres Generaciones. and many other good ones to choose from

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
I don't mean Pepe Lopez or crap lighter fluid like that. Some good anejo. Like Herradura or Milagro, Tres Generaciones. and many other good ones to choose from

Yup. The bottle of Gran Patron that I opened Friday night is almost empty:)

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Yup. The bottle of Gran Patron that I opened Friday night is almost empty:)

MMMMMM, I like to have a few different kinds to choose from.
Than I hide the best in the back so it will last a little longer.

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I love my parents ... really. I do. My mom just calls ... "hey I was thinking, isnt the amount that you can sell the house for out here lower than what you bought that one for?" .... yup. "So doesnt that mean this one is now at a price you can afford?" .... yup ... "well then why dont you keep it?" Well Mom, somebody would have to buy it from me to clear the lien then sell it back to me in some fashion but I would stilll have to sell this one to be able to afford that one or ... rent this one out to cover the payment. "Oh" says Mom. "Well I'd buy it for you if I could" Thanks Mom. "Bet you sure do miss your garages" Yes Mom. "Sure would be nice if you were back out here so the grandkids would be closer" Yup...... and so on... mom listing everything I had there but dont have here .....

I know she means well ..... Dad at least makes me laugh .... he called yesterday and said "Does your ex have a 3 1/2 inch floppy?" Of course I went straight to Beevis and Butthead :sifone:

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh and while I was looking for a 3 1/2 inch floppy, I found two disks with porn on them :eek: I think one is a more recent version of Debbie does Dallas :sifone:

Tequila and porn .... not bad for a Sunday plan :biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Afternoon all. Had Lori's xmas party lastnight. She has a new position in a different building, so I didn't know too many people. I need to get out more often. Never had such a hard time mingling with strangers as I did last night. Tough crowd...sorta felt like a boat on a trailer (fish out of water) Just layed low with three Oldfashions all night. Hardly enough to get loose, but scared as h@ll when comes to jepordizing my CDL

Scarab KV
01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Mornin all, just got back from the banquet, quiet night nobody got drunk or out of hand, everyone won an award, even me, which is hard to believe. Cold here this AM -6 when I got up:(

Try sleeping in. It's warmer when you get up. :biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh and while I was looking for a 3 1/2 inch floppy, I found two disks with porn on them :eek: I think one is a more recent version of Debbie does Dallas :sifone:

Tequila and porn .... not bad for a Sunday plan :biggrinjester:

Sounds good to me, what time and where?:biggrinjester:

I spent mine grocery shopping, along with half he city

fund razor
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
MMMMMM, I like to have a few different kinds to choose from.
Than I hide the best in the back so it will last a little longer. Have you ever noticed that "fresh" tequila (ie: just opened) tastes so much sweeter than tequila that has been on the shelf? This made me start buying smaller bottles and "stocking" it less.

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Have you ever noticed that "fresh" tequila (ie: just opened) tastes so much sweeter than tequila that has been on the shelf? This made me start buying smaller bottles and "stocking" it less.

I have not. They don't last long around here. I guess booze can be like gasoline some parts of it evaporate off.

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Just heard on the news about George Eisenhart Jr .... wow. Holy crap. Wow.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9094822/Promoter-dies-after-accident-at-monster-truck-show

I cant imagine ..... Im layin on the floor ... flippin channels ... see the news blurp .... holy ****. George Sr. races with Tyler Crockett. I just talked to Tyler. I cant call George. Tyler said there's film. He saw it earlier. I cant imagine losing a child. I cant imagine losing a child in a freak accident. I cant imagine there being film of said accident.

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Was doing some reminiscing today .... some pics from the 80s :blush5:

Mud volleyball .... I loved playin mud volleyball. My team was called the Fud Muckers :)

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:49 PM
One of my buddies was a HUGE Pabst Blue Ribbon fan. His birthday was a few days before mine ... I was in one of the drive thrus in town and noticed they had just hung this big PBR sign so I asked if I could steal it for my friend. I could. I did. He was speechless. He still has the sign. His wife, also one of my friends, wouldnt let him hang it in the house so he built a "bar" in one of the barns .. has a pretty cool poker table in there too :sifone:

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Senior class :D

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Me workin under the TA .... changing the radiator :rolleyes:

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Car that I learned to drive a stick shift in .... 3 speed :sifone:

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Then I had kids and it all became about them :blush5:

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
They cleaned up well ....:)

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Speaking of cleaning up .... the boy getting ready to wash down the kitchen :eek::D

Racegirl3
01-25-2009, 10:57 PM
The girl with some attitude :sifone:

phragle
01-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Was doing some reminiscing today .... some pics from the 80s :blush5:

Mud volleyball .... I loved playin mud volleyball. My team was called the Fud Muckers :)

I don't know about fud muckers, but I swear to god, the guy who used to promote a lot of the desert races I did was named "Otis Fudpucker"

The late Otis Fudpucker not only had the greatest name in all of off-road racing, but he ran District 38 desert racing virtually single-handed.

He was best known for 24 hour off-road racing - promoting Rock Around the Clock, which was held every 2 years in Plaster City, California. The event was FIM sanctioned and it's goal was to set 24 hour average speed records in various classes.

Rock Around the Clock was the inspiration for modern 24 hour races at Glen Helen in Alabama.

- Dirt Bike magazine August 2008

BBB725
01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Mornin all, -16 with wind chill this AM, now I get to go and find out why the motor home won't start. At least it will be out of the wind where it will only be -4 :(

Racegirl3
01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Its cold. :ack2:

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
11 degrees here. My dad used to say "It's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra" I miss him so much.
Need to re-new my 2 licenses for work, but can't find the box with those forms :ack2::ack2:
Moving Sucks :nopity:
Everyone have a warm toe day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBB725
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Everyone have a warm toe day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's a warm toe day?

BBB725
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
BTW the motorhome didn't start, will have the big charger on the batteries and try in a couple hours.:mad:

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Dawn, your kids are really cute. My girl is also a great artist. She is working on eyes right now. Trying to make the light come out in them. Says it's the hard part. She's not in school anymore, doesn't know WHAT she wants to do! She also won her teachers 1st marketing trophy in 20yrs, at state level, and doesn't want to do that either. Can someone just shoot me now-its duck season, No wabbit season.

Scarab KV
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Morn'n all. 3 above now.
BB did you get it run'n?

Scarab KV
01-26-2009, 11:54 AM
BTW the motorhome didn't start, will have the big charger on the batteries and try in a couple hours.:mad:

Ok Wayne...read B4 you post.

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 11:57 AM
What's a warm toe day?

When your not outside long enough to have frozentoesen :biggrinjester:
Sorry to hear about motorhome, and your temps. :(

Scarab KV
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
BB...if it's carberated, blow some warm air down the carb with a hair dryer. Works wonders with warm air in the intake.

BBB725
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
When your not outside long enough to have frozentoesen :biggrinjester:
Sorry to hear about motorhome, and your temps. :(

Then I'm not having a warm toe day:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Then I'm not having a warm toe day:biggrinjester:

Me neither ... I was doing ok but when I went home for lunch the neighbor had his truck stuck in the alley so I helped him get it out ....I drove while he pushed but amazingly enough that extra 5 minutes of being outside was all it took. My toes are cold. :blush5:

JJ .. thanks! :)

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Your welcome! hahah... Wanna plan for dinner, but don't know what Honey had for lunch yet. Anyone know 'whats for dinner"?

BBB725
01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Your welcome! hahah... Wanna plan for dinner, but don't know what Honey had for lunch yet. Anyone know 'whats for dinner"?

Boiled water:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
The Banana Nut Cheerios are pretty good :D

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Those sound good...........

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Boiled water:biggrinjester:

Are you cookin? :ack2:
Left-over chili (mac) it is.

BBB725
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Are you cookin? :ack2:
Left-over chili (mac) it is.

Yep, I cook 95% of the time, tonight was prosciutto and sun dried tomatoes over angel hair pasta, tomorrow will be cheesy chicken casserole.:drool5:

Ms PatriYacht
01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I have been simmering chicken on the stove for soup, I found out I like it just shredded on the plate so I just had that with roasted fingerling potatoes and fresh string beans with roasted almonds, it was very good, Since Ian eats at 10 PM he will have the same only micro waved.

In reference to chili, I do mine with the same type of shredded chicken I make for the soup. About 2 to 1 dark red beans to black beans and one can of hot chili beans, then diced tomatoes with green Chiles and some chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. I don't like green peppers or onions, so I don't add any of that. Sometimes Ian like a little corn in his. Most of my friends really like the shredded chicken, I don't think I will ever use hamburger type meat again.

BBB725
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I did get the motorhome started about 3, then the back tag axle tire had the brake stuck. Got that free and the dash wasn't working to dump the air ride so it would fit out the barn door, so I had to charge the house batteries and start the generator. Drove to the service station with no gauges and no heat, did I mention it was fricken COLD:biggrinjester:

No warm toe day here!

Racegirl3
01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I have a feeling I wont make it to work tomorrow..... but that could be wishful thinking :D Just downed some Nyquil .... well .. the Walmart version of Nyquil. Sinus infection ..... ears poppin .... nose running .... headache behind the eyes... glands are swollen .. throat hurts. Im a mess :sifone:

Speakin of chicken ... bought some breast strips tonight .. soakin in Budweiser wing sauce .... fixin it tomorrow. Might have to add some hotter stuff ... really clear the sinuses :biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a feeling I wont make it to work tomorrow..... but that could be wishful thinking :D Just downed some Nyquil .... well .. the Walmart version of Nyquil. Sinus infection ..... ears poppin .... nose running .... headache behind the eyes... glands are swollen .. throat hurts. Im a mess :sifone:

Speakin of chicken ... bought some breast strips tonight .. soakin in Budweiser wing sauce .... fixin it tomorrow. Might have to add some hotter stuff ... really clear the sinuses :biggrinjester:

Well I'm still coughin and hackin from the 31st, just can't get rid of this, all in my chest. Hope you feel better.

JJ Apache
01-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Brittney is sick with the same thing. Lots of tissues, tea and cold & cough tablets. Stay in bed, the rest of us enjoy being well:blush5:
Hope you guys feel better soon.
Donna your chili sounds yummy, will have to try it w/ chicken next time.

BBB725
01-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Mornin all, happy tuesday, -4 another not warm toe day:biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-27-2009, 09:13 AM
On a brighter note the radio said the ice conditions are excellent for ice fishing:rofl:

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Mornin all. Im going back to bed.... :D

Ms PatriYacht
01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20081224/FEATURES08/812240397/1033/Features08/Whooping+cough+rates+climb

check out this article and then check out some sites on whooping cough. I heard on the news about a week ago that w.c. cases have really been on the rise this year. I sure know of a bunch of people that have been coughing like crazy this year. Ian coughed from the second week in November to just before Christmas, then I started the first week of January and it just finally stopped about 5 days ago, both of us would cough so hard we would almost vomit. I would hear him at night (he started sleeping in the spare bedroom) and it sounded like he was going to cough up his lungs, my sister all in NY coughed for several months, I am not sure what we had but it was different then before.

I am much more careful at the gym now and yoga studio. I carry antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer and wipe down the cardio machines and around my yoga mat before using them. I use the sanitizer on my hands several times. Dawn you seem to get sick often, do use various phones and computers at your office, if so you might want to try to avoid that our use sanitizer on your hands off and on. On several TV shows they keep talking about the office and the gym as major places to pick up germs. I was never a germ phobic, never a huge hand washer, and have always had an excellent immune system but after this weird coughing and cold I am trying to be more aware.

Brian41
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Donna , What did we miss? We left about 1:00 AM and the cop had his breathalyser out and the air in the room was a 04.

Ms PatriYacht
01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Jann if you try making the chili with the chicken make sure you cook it first. When just doing chicken for chili I use boneless breasts and simmer in a pot with some chicken stock and a can or two of chopped tomatoes with green chillies. Cook it on low for about an hour and a half, then I shred it up and add it to chili that has been cooking a little while. I made a thick batch once for a party and people used it like a warm dip with chips. I have a Mexican friend and he makes shredded chicken a lot, he uses the full pieces with the skins, I know the bones and skin adds to the flavor of the stock, but then you have to deal with getting the bones and skin out of the pot.

Cookee
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi people - Got back last night from a long weekend skiing in France in a place called Morzine - 2 of us are getting married, me on May 16th and a good friend in the middle of April, so 16 of us went skiing for a Stag party (is that what you call them?). Anyway great snow, lots of Tequila and partying, but they couldn't get any naked women - maybe the next party - we have time! :-)

Ms PatriYacht
01-27-2009, 10:03 AM
QUOTE=Brian41;93059]Donna , What did we miss? We left about 1:00 AM and the cop had his breathalyser out and the air in the room was a 04.[/QUOTE]

Did you know the cop is engaged to the girl that was helping David give out the prizes. She was so funny, and being so thin I doubt it takes her much to get tipsy, she blew way over. He brought the breathalyser for fun. I tired it and blew just under, drinking water through out the middle of the party helped. Ian blew over the limit but not by that much, it was funny how the room registered a number, but since it was small hospitality room full of LEOPAns after a party with an open bar I guess it was not a surprise:biggrinjester: At least all the people that really partied hard stayed the night. We made it to our room at 2:30 so even though I really never got drunk I still felt like crap on Sunday, everyone looked a little rough and we made it to breakfast at 5 min to 10, they closed it at 10 and a bunch of people missed it. I had a great time it really was a fun party, I really enjoyed meeting your wife, I think she liked a lot of the other gals, so I am sure she will want to go to more of the events. We are thinking of going to the Tadsen T party this year....... Long Island Ice Tea and kabobs at the Bay the weekend after Mothers Day. The Tea Party and Kelly's on Labor Day are about the largest attended events of the year, you should mark those dates on your calendar. LEOPANS love to party

:cheers2::party::biggrinjester:

Ms PatriYacht
01-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Cooke good to hear from you, Skiing in France sounds wonderful, were the conditions good. How is the temperature in England, you probably gathered from reading some of the threads here that the States are have a record cold and ice year.

So are you having a big wedding.

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Yep, I cook 95% of the time, tonight was prosciutto and sun dried tomatoes over angel hair pasta, tomorrow will be cheesy chicken casserole.:drool5:

Can be there in 1/2 hour....what time is dinner? :biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Morn'n everyone. Just another day in Paradise. Dawn, hope you're feel'n better. Reading back on these recipies is mak'n me hungry. :D

BBB725
01-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Morn'n everyone. Just another day in Paradise. Dawn, hope you're feel'n better. Reading back on these recipies is mak'n me hungry. :D

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 12:51 PM

I wish. :biggrinjester: We did play snooze button tag untill 6:45 though.
Did ya get your RV figured out now?

BBB725
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I wish. :biggrinjester: We did play snooze button tag untill 6:45 though.
Did ya get your RV figured out now?

Some day I'll sleep in till 7, I hope.

Yeah I got it started and over to the service center, the inverter drained the batteries to 0

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Where's the Horse show at?

BBB725
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Where's the Horse show at?

Winona, Minnesota just over the state line by Lacrosse 4 day show Thur- Sunday

BBB725
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I driving back Thursday for a business meeting

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Pull the horse trailer with the RV?

BBB725
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Pull the horse trailer with the RV?

Trainer is pulling the horse trailer with his RV, I'm pulling his SUV behind my RV

BBB725
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Can you get away for lunch tomorrow?

Davidmnc
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Some day I'll sleep in till 7, I hope.

Yeah I got it started and over to the service center, the inverter drained the batteries to 0

Did you leave the bat disconect on??? What kind of RV do you have?

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Moms are great. Mine just brought me some drugs :D Donna, you really think Im sick a lot? Hmm maybe I guess. I havent had the flu in a few years ... I do get sinus stuff ... cold things ... I could have went to work today ... I just didnt :D Years ago my ear nose throat guy said Id have to rebreak my nose and get it to heal right to avoid the infections ... and I told him I can live without being able to breath :rofl:

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM

Yes :D

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 01:22 PM

No, I'm here by myself from 8-5:30ish. I sneak lunch between customers. Tim is work'n tomorrow, otherwise could've had him come in for a couple hours. :(

BBB725
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Did you leave the bat disconect on??? What kind of RV do you have?

CC Magna

cigdaze
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
[pops his head in]
So, what's going on in here?...business as usual, I see. Hey all!
:)
[exits stage left]

BBB725
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
[pops his head in]
So, what's going on in here?...business as usual, I see. Hey all!
:)
[exits stage left]

Thanks for checking on us boss:biggrinjester:

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey cookee ... I have a passport and Im not afraid to use it :D Wish I could crash your wedding.... hehe actually ... Id love to come watch you race.... that would be pretty cool too!

Hey Nick ... hows the temps down there? :eek:

I was watchin our news a while ago. Weather guy was making it sound like tomorrow is going to be nuts... just terrible ... could be the worse storm we've had this winter .... and then he said we might get an inch of snow :rolleyes: Heck I was all ready to close the office. An inch doesnt scare me :rofl:

ChiefApache
01-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I sneak lunch between customers.(

I beat that's not an easy task. :rofl:

BBB725
01-27-2009, 03:20 PM
So RG are you at work or playing hooky?:biggrinjester:

ChiefApache
01-27-2009, 03:22 PM
So RG are you at work or playing hooky?:biggrinjester:

We're in for a snowstorm tonight into tomorrow...guess where RG will not be??

BBB725
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Staying home?:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
I beat that's not an easy task. :rofl:

:huh: I eat a lot of cold pizza :(

FountainMike
01-27-2009, 05:03 PM

Hi everyone, been gone for a while, my bad. Seems like everyone is doin well!

Are you guys in OH getting the snow yet? We are supposed to get a decent amount overnight then all day tomorrow.

Went skiing with a girl Sunday, 1st time for me in 15 years, I was impressed, I picked up right where I left off and did really well. Girl is coming off a bad relationship I guess and not ready for anything serious yet. That's cool with me, I'm in no hurry. Just thought you'd all like to know:drool5:

cigdaze
01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
No sweat, BBB! ;)

RG, this week is nice and warm...we had a cold snap last week, and I even had frost on my windshield. I never saw that coming. Back in the 70s though. :)

BBB725
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi everyone, been gone for a while, my bad. Seems like everyone is doin well!

Are you guys in OH getting the snow yet? We are supposed to get a decent amount overnight then all day tomorrow.

Went skiing with a girl Sunday, 1st time for me in 15 years, I was impressed, I picked up right where I left off and did really well. Girl is coming off a bad relationship I guess and not ready for anything serious yet. That's cool with me, I'm in no hurry. Just thought you'd all like to know:drool5:

F'in Mike we were wondering if we did something wrong. Skiing, 15 years, sounds like me last year, but mine was more like 20-25 years equipment has changed alot, but it was fun and I didn't break anything:biggrinjester:

BBB725
01-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Mike you going to the Miami boat show?

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Played hooky today and it just started to snow. I should make it in to work tomorrow but I guarantee it wont be on time :sifone:

Nick .... does anybody down there even own an ice scraper?:ack2:

cigdaze
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Played hooky today and it just started to snow. I should make it in to work tomorrow but I guarantee it wont be on time :sifone:

Nope...I happily chucked mine somewhere along I-95 south. i had to break out the old plastic spackle knife. :blush5:

BBB725
01-27-2009, 06:25 PM

I own one:biggrinjester:

JJ Apache
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I own one too, XXXXlong......Cuz i'm xxxxshort :26:

JJ Apache
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Stop laughing!!!!!!! You meanies.

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Stop laughing!!!!!!! You meanies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:....sorry:biggrinjester:

JJ Apache
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
It's alright, I'm used to it :boxing_smiley:

Racegirl3
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
How short is xxxxshort?

Scarab KV
01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
:lurk5:

JJ Apache
01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
How short is xxxxshort?

I'm 4'11 on a good day, and honey is 6'7. Ying / Yang God balances everyone out with their opposite................I'm all heart, he's all head.
(stop laughing!) :seeya:

BBB725
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm 4'11 on a good day, and honey is 6'7. Ying / Yang God balances everyone out with their opposite................I'm all heart, he's all head.
(stop laughing!) :seeya:

She's right there with you:biggrinjester: