PDA

View Full Version : Fuc@#&g Thieves...

RebarBox
02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Work (construction) has been slow. So we have decided to build a new office/shop and heated boat storage facilty for ourselves. We have no other current jobsites, so we had our 3 jobsite trailers at our new location while we build our facility.

Friday night - someone or some persons broke into all three trailers and stole ever Dewalt, Milwalkee, Bosch and Stihl tool we had. The a$$hole(s) got our new lazer level, every gas powered saw, table saw, handheld saw, compressor, nail gun, hammer drill, corded drill, power saw, and cordless whatever we had...:(

Our first overview shows that they nailed us for at least $7,000 - but I'm afraid time will show that figure to be $10K + as we truely figure out what all is missing.

He (they) were skilled - only took the tools that had value - left every B & D and Skil tool alone. Even had the sence to take the tripod legs for the lazer.

Take my car, truck, boat, TV...., whatever, But don't take the tools I use to feed my family.:mad::mad::mad:

inbetween
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

Davidmnc
02-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry man. Taking another mans toos of the trade is as low as it gets.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-16-2009, 12:07 AM
That really sucks big time.

Sorry to hear.

stecz20
02-16-2009, 12:07 AM
that blows dude.... takes so long to get the tool you like and get comfy with as well....

03darkshadow
02-16-2009, 12:09 AM
that sucks man, it proves there are hardly any people left in this world worth a crap. hopefully you can catch them.

Wardey
02-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear that. It is only goning to get worse. Today is the first day in my lfe I have put a lock on my ladders on my vans. I was always raised there are (3) things you don't mess with:

1. A mans Tools (He makes a living with them)
2 A mans wife and family (He respectily married her to raise hs family and to be his soul mate until they die.)
3. His money. (It's his, he made it...it's not yours...you touch it....you die.)

Lock and load my friend. It's time to teach some old time azz kicken to teach respect !!! Dave

Bobcat
02-16-2009, 12:20 AM
that blows, check the local pawn shops,

RebarBox
02-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Lock and load my friend. It's time to teach some old time azz kicken to teach respect !!! Dave

If the 410 bird shot doesn't stop them, the .45 will...

Playn
02-16-2009, 03:48 AM
That sucks. Seems like it happens every year to us.

HiZ
02-16-2009, 03:59 AM
ever thought that you were profiled, possible someone closer than you think.
It just does not sound like a random act

Sorry to hear about it, either way!

Ratickle
02-16-2009, 06:27 AM
That really sucks.:boxing_smiley: Hope you find them. Good insurance I hope?

FULL FORCE
02-16-2009, 07:26 AM
That blows, I feel ya...

Over summer, the wife went to go to work and says "your side door is open on the work truck" yea... they broke the rear and side windows, took every tool, nothing else...about 3-4000.00 in tools, alarm went off the neighbors told me, by the time one neighbor got to the window all he saw was a black Explorer driving away, they were fast, I never heard the alarm, at the time we were in process of the boss getting window grates, they got me early, I live in a decnt neighborhood, never thought it would happen here.

The police did not do a thing...there was even blood on the van from one of them breaking the window, poilice did not care..

If I ever catch a thief I am not totally sure what I iwill do but it will not be pretty... like you said... tools are our livelyhood!!

Audiofn
02-16-2009, 08:03 AM
That sucks you guys. I have had my car/trucks broken into a few times. That is why I hate to letter them up. I have been lucky the last few years and have not had an issue but I KNOW it is just a matter of time. Especailly in these hard times were people are more and more desperate.

Trim'd Up
02-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I had my small supply trailer hit not long ago. When I bought it I built a locking bar that at the rear and side door to make it a little harder to get into. The phukers cut their own door in the side with a sawsall and pushed it in, Then they pushed the flap back out to use for a ramp to roll my tools out. It "was" a brand new 16' enclosed trailer too.

Tony
02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I had an IR pull type diesel air compressor stolen from one of our barns last year, someone actually opened two large overhead doors, backed a truck in with a pintle hitch (who has those anymore..) and stole the dammned thing.

Chad, in your case it sounds like someone may have already knew, or had a good idea what was there... Have you done anything reccently to piss off another contractor, or subs?

Trim'd Up
02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm sure I have pissed some subs off over time being a GC/ construction manager. Really though, they didn't get that much out of the trailer. A dewalt 18v set, pressure washer, and a paint sprayer. The trailer was the biggest loss. I think I will just leave them unlocked from now on.

Edward R. Cozzi
02-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Many, many years ago a car thief in Chicago returned a family man's work tools after he found them in the truck he stole. Sometimes even thieves have a heart.

getchasum111
02-16-2009, 09:08 AM
i hate thieves and liars....hope they catch them....

Sea-Dated
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Damn Chad, that sucks........

Phucking theives!!! They all need to be strung up by their balls......:smash:

Perlmudder
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
that sucks. sorry to hear!

fund razor
02-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Sucks big time. I hate thieves.

Everyday I try to convince people to lock their stuff, cars, houses.

Too many bad people out there and you just never know which street that they are on. People need to lock their house while they work outside, lock the house while they are inside.
I had somebody break a truck cap years ago and snag a hilti. But that was only one cap. one drill. Three trailers? I would be out of control.

masher44
02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Whats the best place to sell used tools? Ebay or Craigslist?

Sea-Dated
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Whats the best place to sell used tools? Ebay or Craigslist?

Craiglist and pawnshops......

Most theives don't want to pay the fee's on eBay.

There was a big construction robbery in Tulsa a few weeks ago and the crews got like 80% of there tools back by watching Craigs list....

MarylandMark
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Use to be people wouldn't buy hot tools so there would not be a market for them.
Sorry to hear and with the economy in the chitter I'm afraid this might be a growing trend.

Fuel'n Around
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
That sucks dude...

fund razor
02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds like it would be worth checking Craigs list. Since they are work tools, they would have been tax deductible, which means that receipts and serial numbers are probably in your files.

gerritm
02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
We had 6 burglaries in one of our stores this year. Same guy. Had the guy on security tape. Former employee. Knew his address. Took the money box, computers, easy to carry stuff. Even stole the brand new flat screen tv monitor off the wall above the counter on the second break in. Showed it to LEO's and they couldn't "find" him for 4 more break ins. He got real good at it. We installed a new alarm system after the 1st break in and he was so fast that he would be gone before the cops responded. Finally found the guy after almost 6 months of this bull. Check on former employees. They know your tools and habits.

Wrinkleface
02-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Bummer Dude!:( Hope they can find your stuff!

RebarBox
02-16-2009, 08:05 PM
I spoke with insurance today... all but $1,000 covered.:26:

MarylandMark
02-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Good to hear- $1k still sucks but easier than several grand! Hope they don't try to make it back on higher premiums

Revd Up
02-17-2009, 01:01 AM
What goes around comes around.

fund razor
02-17-2009, 08:10 AM
What goes around comes around.
And usually right away too. I have seen some really instant Karma.

Sea-Dated
02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I spoke with insurance today... all but $1,000 covered.:26:

That is some good news.

We still need to find who did this and string em up......:smash:

Boss252
02-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Use this site to search all Craig's list listing in one search. works very well

http://www.craigshelper.com/

tommymonza
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Ran into Publix supermarket in a good neighbor hood for no longer than 2 minutes a few months ago. As i walked in i saw my guy had thrown the sawzalls bag in the back of the truck and said to myself i will only be a minute ,came out 2 minutes later and it was gone.

I was blown away.Where did this thief materialize out of to happen by the one truck in the parking lot with one bag of saws in it.

Construction is so poor here the pawnshops won't even take tools anymore. Nobody wants them.

RebarBox
02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Use this site to search all Craig's list listing in one search. works very well

http://www.craigshelper.com/

Great way to search - Thank You.

Sea-Dated
02-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Great way to search - Thank You.

I have some Dewault and other tools if you need to borrow anything until you get a chance to replace yours. Give me a call or text if I can help.

RebarBox
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I have some Dewault and other tools if you need to borrow anything until you get a chance to replace yours. Give me a call or text if I can help.

Thanks Matt - I'm good. We had some other power tools in the trucks and vans to get us by. My only real problem was the lazer (we're pouring footing this week), but I have barrowed one from a buddy here in Grove.

waterboy222
02-17-2009, 05:10 PM
when we built our new building up here, they broke in and stole all my tools..i feel your pain, not a lot of high end stuff like yours but still... . typical wintertime lake scum..

Sea-Dated
02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
when we built our new building up here, they broke in and stole all my tools..i feel your pain, not a lot of high end stuff like yours but still... . typical wintertime lake scum..

I feel for you. I know how hard it can be to replace those Bob the Builder tool sets......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Davidmnc
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I feel for you. I know how hard it can be to replace those Bob the Builder tool sets......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: