PDA

View Full Version : Anybody listen to Bubba the Love Sponge?

insanity
02-13-2009, 02:59 AM
I was listening over the internet at work today (on Sirius, he comes on after Stern) and he had a clip on there of somebody ripping some chick from the SEC's ass. I didn't catch the whole thing and can't find the clip. Anybody else hear it and know what I'm talking about?

cigdaze
02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I love the show. Been listening for 8 years, he's local to the Tampa market. I didn't hear that particular bit, but a lot of their material is on Itunes, you can try there.

I listen live here:
www.theboneonline.com

Chris
02-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Enjoy him now. He'll likely be gone in a week or so. SiriusXM is about to tank- they're defaulting on a very big chunk of debt and Karmazin isn't on speaking terms with the only guy interested in bailing them out. Paying Stern a hundred mil a year turned out to be not so good an idea.

phragle
02-13-2009, 08:41 AM
did stern get an extension? that was a 5 year deal and should be about up.

and isn't a love sponge a birth control thing that was around in the late 80's?? my ex tried it, friggin thing didnt leave much room in there for me, thank god I don't need much room......

cigdaze
02-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Yep. Sirius is likely finished. Their spending was out of control (not unlike many bail-out recipients). :mad:

Oh well. He's syndicated on about a dozen terrestrial radio stations, so you can listen online at least.

phragle
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM
people don't pay for things when they can get them free. unlike cabletv where the options were a vast improvement and people spen significant time watching tv. people listen to the radio driving,if not a cd.. other than that radio in't that big of a deal.

getchasum111
02-13-2009, 09:08 AM
i listened to him every morning when i lived in Tampa....funny as hell....i think his dad owns the station so he really pushes the envelope sometimes....

Chris
02-13-2009, 09:12 AM
people don't pay for things when they can get them free. unlike cabletv where the options were a vast improvement and people spen significant time watching tv. people listen to the radio driving,if not a cd.. other than that radio in't that big of a deal.

I spend alot of time in the car. Got XM in '03. After a year or so, I began listening to it exclusively. It's not perfect, but it's much better than what I can find locally. Especially the talk channels.

insanity
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought it was on Bubba, maybe it was on Stern. Anyhow it was great, somebody (I assumed a senator or something) was ripping the SEC a new ******* about the madoff thing and why it wasn't stopped sooner.

Sucks about Sirius, I just got it earlier late last year and I love it, especially on those 6 hour drives. They've been talking about the Echostar thing for the last couple of weeks.

Sea-Dated
02-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I spend alot of time in the car. Got XM in '03. After a year or so, I began listening to it exclusively. It's not perfect, but it's much better than what I can find locally. Especially the talk channels.

I use XM all the time. Makes road trips much easier not having to search for channels as you change states and there is a better talk radio choice on XM.

Bobcat
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
love the xm for baseball, and college sports.

X-Rated30
02-14-2009, 06:43 AM
I doubled my position in it on Thursday. I started buying at $6.00 and heroically bought all the way down. Thursday it hit 6 cents and I called my broker (who is living up to her name and making me BROKER:ack2:) and I told her, "Heroes go down swinging." Doubled my money overnight, but that could be gone Tuesday...

Karmazin bought another $2.7M in shares last month. I can't imagine having the balls to bankrupt the company a month later. Also, Liberty Media is in talks with them and their plan doesn't include taking control of the company, so maybe Karmazin's ego won't get in the way.

Offshoredrillin
02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I love sirius, I listen to a local radio show until 10 then all reggae all day. I hope they hang on.

bajacleveland
02-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Bubba and gang put on a good show .
I hope they dont go under, I have 2 lifetime subscriptions.
By the way Manson does the Ned voice.

Fever Mike
02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
bajacleveland...you are saying Manson and Ned are the same person?

Being a local Tampa guy I have been listening to Bubba for a long time.

Sirus had a big both at the Miami show selling the Sirrus weather package for boats. Hummmm......

Tommy Gun
02-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Both the wife and I have Sirrius...almost always have it on.

bajacleveland
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Fever Mike;110097]bajacleveland...you are saying Manson and Ned are the same person?

Yes Sir
I will let you guys in on that Iggy.lol Same person. Listen to the voice, you can catch a similarity sometimes. We had meet and greets for Bubbapolloza. All the talk was how manson did Ned at them.

MarylandMark
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I put it the Sirius radio on my boat last year- love it.

Garmin uses XM to get weather on GPS- might add that this year

bajacleveland
02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
If any of you SOS brothers want to check out bubbaraw.com shoot me a PM and I will give you a Username & pswrd to use. I think I can get them, Im not a paying member over here yet.

dykstra
02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I thought it was on Bubba, maybe it was on Stern. Anyhow it was great, somebody (I assumed a senator or something) was ripping the SEC a new ******* about the madoff thing and why it wasn't stopped sooner.

Sucks about Sirius, I just got it earlier late last year and I love it, especially on those 6 hour drives. They've been talking about the Echostar thing for the last couple of weeks.

It was on Stern!:sifone:

insanity
02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
It was on Stern!:sifone:

Ahhh, cool thanks! I couldn't remember which one but it was great listening to that guy rip their ass! Probably didn't accomplish anything but still...

MarylandMark
02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Sirius got $530M or some thing today so still on the air....for now..

Wardey
02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Bubba is a friend of mine. We used to be neighbors. Dave

cigdaze
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM

No sht. Too cool.

cigdaze
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Fever Mike;110097]bajacleveland...you are saying Manson and Ned are the same person?

Yes Sir
I will let you guys in on that Iggy.lol Same person. Listen to the voice, you can catch a similarity sometimes. We had meet and greets for Bubbapolloza. All the talk was how manson did Ned at them.

Yes, they are one and the same...obvious sometimes. They blew it one time about 4 or 5 years ago and let the cat out of the bag. Still funny as heck though. :D

HaxbySpeed
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
I've been listening for a few years and never even thought about it. Then yesterday Ned made a comment and about thirty seconds later Bubba said ya you're right Manson.. The more I listen now the more obvious it is. :dupe:

bajacleveland
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I've been listening for a few years and never even thought about it. Then yesterday Ned made a comment and about thirty seconds later Bubba said ya you're right Manson.. The more I listen now the more obvious it is. :dupe:

Your not the only one. I thought he was a witty old guy. It took me a little while before I figured it out.
You will also see when there are not the"regular guests" in studio Ned is not around. They probably don't want the guest spilling the beans on the air if Manson did the voice in front of them.
Manson is a talent though.

bajacleveland
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Did you get to see his hot wife then alot?:26:

cigdaze
02-19-2009, 01:15 PM
His current wife Heather is pretty hot, but did you guys know that he was bangin' Jenna Jameson for a while. As a matter of fact, Jenna's the mother of his kid.

:D

bajacleveland
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I thought I heard her first kid is with Tito. Maybe they kept it quiet.
Did he have a speedboat?

cigdaze
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Ya, that's their official statement. What's your definition of "first?"

Bubba and Hulk Hogan used to visit Shell Key in Hogan's scarab. I'd run into them every now and again. Cool dudes.
:cool:

Offshoredrillin
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
His current wife Heather is pretty hot, but did you guys know that he was bangin' Jenna Jameson for a while. As a matter of fact, Jenna's the mother of his kid.

no kiddin? I thought tito was the first as well. oh and just for the record, she looks like hell with all that hideous plastic surgery.

Wardey
02-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Did you get to see his hot wife then alot?:26:

Back then it was Holly and she was hot and sweet. Hell, she used to cut the grass !!! With a short white "wife beater" shirt and no bra !!! Very nice. I haven't met his wife yet. Only spoke to him briefly about how she and I were both from WV. Dave

Boss252
02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Back then it was Holly and she was hot and sweet. Hell, she used to cut the grass !!! With a short white "wife beater" shirt and no bra !!! Very nice. I haven't met his wife yet. Only spoke to him briefly about how she and I were both from WV. Dave

We need pictures :26:

Wardey
02-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Damn...That was 10 years ago.....Dave

WOTW2E
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Love Bubba "in a non f*ggot way". I have had sirius since a few months before Howard came over. I love it. I only tune to "terestical" radio for conservative talk radio, otherwise it is all sirius. Seriously.