PDA

View Full Version : MIAMI SHOW- So what does this sign mean?

Cash Bar
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I got a little chuckle out of this next to a bad azz 40' Skater. :sifone:

planetwarmer
02-13-2009, 01:29 AM
I would never buy a boat without any superfluous 'bling'!

phragle
02-13-2009, 02:17 AM
no bling...no wonder snoop dog dont got no boat homie...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/06/magazine/16boat-600.jpg

NORTECHJ
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
I have always thought about that...how long can all that stupid stuff hold up?? my least favorite is the wings on the batman boat. Run one of those blinged out cats hard offshore for 90 miles in water like Sarasota or key west and shait will fall apart.. And if you have ever spent any time with Pete you would know this is a direct jab at Randy Scism.. I don't think they will be having lunch in Miami

Spine Tingler
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I have always thought about that...how long can all that stupid stuff hold up?? my least favorite is the wings on the batman boat. Run one of those blinged out cats hard offshore for 90 miles in water like Sarasota or key west and shait will fall apart.. And if you have ever spent any time with Pete you would know this is a direct jab at Randy Scism.. I don't think they will be having lunch in Miami

Really, like you couldn't see that from 100 miles away. I don't know what Peter is talking about, I've run Sarasota and St. Pete, not to mention Chicagoland and I've yet to have anything fall out. Man, who is he marketing to? Anyone who owns an MTI or high end Skater knows what they want. They know the market and they are both great boats. As my mom used to tell me, GET OVER IT (Peter)! I'm sure he's a great guy but really.

NORTECHJ
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Really, like you couldn't see that from 100 miles away. I don't know what Peter is talking about, I've run Sarasota and St. Pete, not to mention Chicagoland and I've yet to have anything fall out. Man, who is he marketing to? Anyone who owns an MTI or high end Skater knows what they want. They know the market and they are both great boats. As my mom used to tell me, GET OVER IT (Peter)! I'm sure he's a great guy but really.I think he was referring to the theme boats.. Let me first say that Randy is a complete CLASS ACT and peter has a major problem with him but thats between them.. I have driven and ridden in many MTIs i like them but the theme boats like loony tunes, batman, corvette..just have too much stuff going on..thats just me...
I'm sure your boat would have no problem holding together just like hammertime its not a blinged out boat with speakers in the bow and fake exhaust,,ETC.. I believe that if your gonna run like we do you would rather not have that extra stuff that so many find so cool.. James

planetwarmer
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I am certain that MTI wouldn't allow one of their boats leave the factory if there might be a problem with the fit and finish. I think that boats are works of art, and the artists at MTI are having a good time doing theme-based boats. I am glad to see that a company is so willing to stick their neck out a bit and be different. Car manufacturers used to do something similar by designing their cars with design cues from boats, and more recently air planes.

How cool is it to have form AND function!

dykstra
02-14-2009, 07:53 PM
:lurk5:

sellsman11
02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tunnelvision69
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM
the zupperman skater seemed to have some bling!!

MarylandMark
02-15-2009, 12:12 PM
the zupperman skater seemed to have some bling!!

Not as much as the new OL!

http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=22479

http://www.turbinemarine.com/project_ZPM.html

Tommy Gun
02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
When I read the sign in Post #1...MTI was not the first "competitor" that came to mind; but then again I do not know the history.

Tom A.
02-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't have a side in this either way but Gino's Mercedes Boat and Speed Racer have two owners that RUNNNNN thier boats and I don't see any "bling" falling off.

cuda
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd take that sign to mean that Skater isn't selling many boats lately. I don't find any humor whatsover in that. It reflects on the entire industry.

MarylandMark
02-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Being so light with so much fuel capacity; do you drive different when full vs running on fumes? Does it lift more or sooner at lower speeds or ?

Fever Mike
02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
So with a Skater you do not get the shakes, I guess. After spending the money for that boat I would have the shakes!

Sean Stinson
02-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Dont confuse it with the full tilt boogie option

Madpoodle
02-16-2009, 06:42 AM
What's a "competitior"?

cuda
02-16-2009, 08:04 AM
So with a Skater you do not get the shakes, I guess. After spending the money for that boat I would have the shakes!

Good point Mike. :)

LaughingCat
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
no bling...no wonder snoop dog dont got no boat homie...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/06/magazine/16boat-600.jpg

Snoop dogg is the only boater to ask a factory for more porpoising.

Offshore Ginger
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Really, like you couldn't see that from 100 miles away. I don't know what Peter is talking about, I've run Sarasota and St. Pete, not to mention Chicagoland and I've yet to have anything fall out. Man, who is he marketing to? Anyone who owns an MTI or high end Skater knows what they want. They know the market and they are both great boats. As my mom used to tell me, GET OVER IT (Peter)! I'm sure he's a great guy but really.But really , Randy would not be $hit if it wasn't for Pete , i can not tell you how much time Randy spent at Skater over the years before he started M. T. I. along with all the endless hours each summer at Douglas and not to mention a 36 Skater he purchased from Dean Loucks -(TAOD ) WHICH WAS USED FOR A SPLASH , go figure !!! Sorry guy but , the high performance boating industry would not be where it is today if it wasn't for people like Pete who where willing to take a chance using different composites such as EPOXY ,KEVLAR , CARBON FIBER , S & E GLASS ,along with vacume bagging , i guess the bottom line is .................... he is a PIONEER in the industry as far taking a chance utilzing composites in boat construction and a leader for all that have followed , just my 2 cents !!:26:

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Hear Hear.

Cash Bar
02-16-2009, 11:41 PM
But really , Randy would not be $hit if it wasn't for Pete , i can not tell you how much time Randy spent at Skater over the years before he started M. T. I. along with all the endless hours each summer at Douglas and not to mention a 36 Skater he purchased from Dean Loucks -(TAOD ) WHICH WAS USED FOR A SPLASH , go figure !!! Sorry guy but , the high performance boating industry would not be where it is today if it wasn't for people like Pete who where willing to take a chance using different composites such as EPOXY ,KEVLAR , CARBON FIBER , S & E GLASS ,along with vacume bagging , the industry would not be where it is today & i guess the bottom line is .................... he is a PIONEER in the industry as far taking a chance utilzing composites in boat construction and a leader for all that have followed , just my 2 cents !!:26:

WHAT ?

Two sentences, 10 commas, 23 periods(all but 3 in the wrong place) and 150 words I and still no idea WTF you just wrote. :leaving:

Offshore Ginger
02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd take that sign to mean that Skater isn't selling many boats lately. I don't find any humor whatsover in that. It reflects on the entire industry. Cuda you 100 % RIGHT times are tuff and it does reflect on the entire industry !! I have to say that there was a time when things were slow at Skater we built boats for the Navy ( seals ) lets face it, the economics are KILLING us all !!!!

Offshore Ginger
02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
WHAT ?

Two sentences, 10 commas, 23 periods(all but 3 in the wrong place) and 150 words I and still no idea WTF you just wrote. :leaving: up your's and who cares , BALL BREATH!:sifone:

Offshore Ginger
02-17-2009, 12:07 AM
cAsH bA R /'; If yOu HaVe To ReAd It MorE ThEN oNce To unDeRsTAnD it ThEn I gUeSs A BoX oF rOcKs Is sMarTeR------------- Ha hA :26: dO YOuU gEt iT NoW !

Spine Tingler
02-17-2009, 12:10 AM
But really , Randy would not be $hit if it wasn't for Pete , i can not tell you how much time Randy spent at Skater over the years before he started M. T. I. along with all the endless hours each summer at Douglas and not to mention a 36 Skater he purchased from Dean Loucks -(TAOD ) WHICH WAS USED FOR A SPLASH , go figure !!! Sorry guy but , the high performance boating industry would not be where it is today if it wasn't for people like Pete who where willing to take a chance using different composites such as EPOXY ,KEVLAR , CARBON FIBER , S & E GLASS ,along with vacume bagging , i guess the bottom line is .................... he is a PIONEER in the industry as far taking a chance utilzing composites in boat construction and a leader for all that have followed , just my 2 cents !!:26:

I apologize if I didn't pay my due respects to the "Godfather". But hell, as long as there are folks like you who consistently get off the point (my post refers to the sign) then Peter will be proud. I never said anything negative about Peter outside the fact that it is in poor taste to bash others in public. Chit, if you're right, I am glad Peter does what he does for the boating industry. Oh and by the way, just my two cents:seeya:

Offshore Ginger
02-17-2009, 12:15 AM
By the way were cool and i apoligize :) Just my 2 cents .

stecz20
02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
WHAT ?

Two sentences, 10 commas, 23 periods(all but 3 in the wrong place) and 150 words I and still no idea WTF you just wrote. :leaving:

he called you ball breath....:26::26:

Offshore Ginger
02-17-2009, 12:26 AM
he called you ball breath....:26::26: Stecz , like always your on it !!!:sifone::26::26::26:

stecz20
02-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Stecz , like always your on it !!!:sifone::26::26::26:

fear me, for i am him......:26::26:

PBAM22
02-17-2009, 12:34 AM
:nopity:

44MTI
02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
:nopity:

lol

runninhotracing
02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
cAsH bA R /'; If yOu HaVe To ReAd It MorE ThEN oNce To unDeRsTAnD it ThEn I gUeSs A BoX oF rOcKs Is sMarTeR------------- Ha hA :26: dO YOuU gEt iT NoW !

LMFAO :rofl::rofl:
Oh Chit Artie

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

cigdaze
02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Ya, what's a competitior?
Google's response was: "Did you mean: competitor"
:D

rbhudelson
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Cant we all just get along?:sifone:

They all evolved from a splash of the Cary anyway:03::03::03:

stecz20
02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
carys are bad ass, you're a putz...

Cash Bar
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
up your's and who cares , BALL BREATH!:sifone:

The beating would've made me feel superior but I deleted it.

You can go back to sniffing Stecz's cinnamon ring now. :rofl:

Ryan Beckley
02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
JUST FYI....when the Mercedes boat debuted at Miami several years ago it had a MUCH different interior than it does now. Many of the original Mercedes touch are gone and a more marine friendly cockpit is in the boat. I know Gino and Larry run the $hitballs out of this boat now and it IS Bad A$$ but it DOES NOT have all the BLING that it once did....

Offshore Ginger
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
The beating would've made me feel superior but I deleted it.

You can go back to sniffing Stecz's cinnamon ring now. :rofl: Just curious how do you know Stecz's ring smells like cinnamon and if that makes you feel superior because you want to play school teacher :rofl::rofl::rofl: have at it.:leaving::rofl:

Offshore Ginger
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
LMFAO :rofl::rofl:
Oh Chit Artie

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26: Bill whats up my friend and are you getting the 40 ready for spring ?

Scotty B
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Nothing falling off of this and if you don't believe it ask EVERYONE behind it if they hit somethin:nopity:

rbhudelson
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
nothing falling off of this and if you don't believe it ask everyone behind it if they hit somethin:nopity:

:03::03::03:

sellsman11
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Nothing falling off of this and if you don't believe it ask EVERYONE behind it if they hit somethin:nopity:

Why would someone with personal experience post on this thread?? Kinda throws the speculation/hearsay theme out the window!:boxing_smiley::sifone::sifone::sifone::lurk5:

MarylandMark
02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Terry said theme.. Now that's funny... Theme, theme boats... Get it?

Try the veal...

runninhotracing
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Bill whats up my friend and are you getting the 40 ready for spring ?

We're gettin ready BIG Daddy , drives are back from Fl,transmissions back from Huber, motors showed up Saturday,there still workin on paint .... :seeya:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

WeaponX
02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Terry said theme.. Now that's funny... Theme, theme boats... Get it?

Try the veal...

Who's Terry??

Frankie is MTI ..Terry is Nor Tech:sifone:

Rik
02-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Ugh. I really think all need to read the sign.

It appears to be a quote from the PB Magazine article, not Pete's words. Also, Pete did not cut the sign so the spell check belongs to the sign maker.

Also, where does it mention any boat manufacturer? Everyone is guilty of arrogance here.

C5Steve
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM

It appears to be a quote from the PB Magazine article, not Pete's words. Also, Pete did not cut the sign so the spell check belongs to the sign maker.

Also, where does it mention any boat manufacturer? Everyone is guilty of arrogance here.

I think you mean "ignorance" but good point

Offshore Ginger
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I think you mean "ignorance" but good point I agree 100% .:)

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM

It just a boat show sign. So what. Everybody is making a big deal about nothing.

Jassman
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
To me it's just a sign...or marketing....All the cat's from the 3 major manufactures are specifically designed for their clientel. None of them were perfect or should I say flawless in quality over each other. They all had their faults... Some had bling, sunpads, full wrap windshield...etc..two of the three manufactures were willing to spend time with me while one was extremely arrogant..bottom line, work with who you work best with..or should I say is willing to spend time in a good relationship during and after the sale. The days of old are gone, and customer service is where it's at. Jeff

Rik
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I think you mean "ignorance" but good point

No, when you think so much of yourselves to incorrectly think someone (Peter) was talking directly about you, its arrogance not ignorance.

I really think this sign points out that no one actually reads Powerboat Mag.:rofl:

Cash Bar
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Geez, I just thought it was mildly amusing.

I consider the people I know at NT and MTI close friends. And after speaking with Peter at length, and over several days, I really admire and understand him. I think. :)

Offshore Ginger
02-21-2009, 03:36 PM
RIK how is Howard's 40 holding up ? I remember the old girl being at Douglas many moon's ago .

Ratickle
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Why would someone with personal experience post on this thread?? Kinda throws the speculation/hearsay theme out the window!:boxing_smiley::sifone::sifone::sifone::lurk5:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great post......

Offshore Ginger
02-21-2009, 06:32 PM
No, when you think so much of yourselves to incorrectly think someone (Peter) was talking directly about you, its arrogance not ignorance.

I really think this sign points out that no one actually reads Powerboat Mag.:rofl: Rik in a sense it is ignorance for the pure fact like you said no one actually reads power boat mag .:rofl::rofl::rofl: and like i said in a previous post Pete is a pioneer in the industry as far as leading the industry in utilizing composites and setting the standards for all to follow , very smart man !!!

Rik
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
RIK how is Howard's 40 holding up ? I remember the old girl being at Douglas many moon's ago .

Howard has a 46'

No problemo

old377guy
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
...."you're so vain... I bet you thought this sign is about you".....:rofl:

Offshore Ginger
02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Howard has a 46'

No problemo Rik my mistake , it has been a long time .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Rik getting older by the day and after so many years its hard to remember all the boats over the years .:rofl:

MetalBrosRacing
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Apache.

Just thought I would throw it out there :)

cuda
02-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Just curious how do you know Stecz's ring smells like cinnamon and if that makes you feel superior because you want to play school teacher :rofl::rofl::rofl: have at it.:leaving::rofl:

LOL! It might smelll that way after riding a boat that is hull up!:sifone:

Ratickle
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
...."you're so vain... I bet you thought this sign is about you".....:rofl:

Nice song.....