PDA

View Full Version : No lanyard? It could happen to you & here's how:

Sydwayz
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5-Go1HH7Q

Davidmnc
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
What.............nothing..........there's nothing..........can't see chit!

OldSchool
02-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm going to need a little more convincing than that Brian!!:sifone::sifone:

Disclaimer: I always wear my lanyard when on plane.:)

LaughingCat
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I usually wear mine, although at cruising speeds, there is not real risk. However, when I put it on while kids are in boat, she looks at me like, "are you planning to drive crazy?"

Some people. . .

OldSchool
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
HOLY CHIT!!! That's the Cig from that recently posted video. Maybe he still was running around with the drives way up? ....or too much vodka?? Steps??? :sifone:

DANG!!!:(:(

OldSchool
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Linky still no worky. ;)

Here it is:

qG5-Go1HH7Q

For some reason, it only works for me if I click on the "watch in high quality" link on the botton right of the screen. Odd.

That's a real heartbreaker. Do you guys think that it'll just buff out?????

VtSteve
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Wasn't even going that fast to begin with. At any rate, I give extra points for the engines still running after flipping over.

Chris
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
although at cruising speeds, there is not real risk. .

If you're on plane, you can be tossed. I've been in boats at around 30mph and have gone out. There have been recent incidences at those speeds.

Sydwayz
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Apparently Cash Bar is OK, but that high-side has Sean Stinson written all over it--I had no idea he was with Greg.

OldSchool
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Apparently Cash Bar is OK, but that high-side has Sean Stinson written all over it--I had no idea he was with Greg.

LMAO, although that video isn't funny.:( Where is that previous video from when the boat was delivered over there?

Sydwayz
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2486

Is it the same boat in the photo strapped on top of the cargo ship on a trailer?

Wrinkleface
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Call fiberglass repair!!!!:boxing_smiley:

Offshoredrillin
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2486

Is it the same boat in the photo strapped on top of the cargo ship on a trailer?
same boat...ouch sad to see... when my old mechanic filleted his face on my dash, it made me think twice about a lot of things.

Sea-Dated
02-03-2009, 11:55 AM
What a shame. The was a gorgeous Cig.

I always where my lanyard when on plane...... Not worth the risk. I could live with hurting myself but not if I hurt some innocent bystander.

redhotsommer
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Just imagine being the guy floating in the water watching his dream hit the rocks...
At least when he pissed himself, nobody noticed. Freakin' MORON.

Wrinkleface
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Just imagine being the guy floating in the water watching his dream hit the rocks...

Hey Bubba, I thought at this X of the year it's 2 or 3 cylinders?????:26:

FULL FORCE
02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
It hurt to watch the boat hit the rocks.....then roll off them

Tom A.
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM

He is lucky it didn't loop around and hit him!
Thank god it did hit the rocks and not somebody else.

Dreamer
02-03-2009, 12:28 PM
u the rooster pops up mid turn... too much trim or not enough?

insanity
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't understand the jagoff running the camera. Obviously he was the first one to see the boat hit the rocks, why didn't he go down and at least shut the thing off once it settled down? There were plenty of other people running over to do it well after the boat came to rest.

mosi
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I think most of people running up, other than the camera man, did not know the driver had been thrown out before. It looked like they were trying to find him in the rocks or under the boat!!

Sydwayz
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Those people don't know these boats like we do. They probably thought it was going to blow up. Seriously, think of all the stuff we see in the movies. That's all they know.

Also, it appears as though one prop was turning and was still in water. I don't think I'd be too comfortable heading down that way either, especially on uncertain ground (rocks).

Jassman
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
He is lucky it didn't loop around and hit him!
Thank god it did hit the rocks and not somebody else.

exactly..or hit another boat and accidently kill someone..This crap scares the hell out of me, like we haven't lost enough people in this sport. More education should be mandatory on these boats (as well as all type's of boat's) when delivered..no different than a car, if you have to park a car on you're test, some type of reasonable testing should be done to pass a test on a boat before registration. Situations like this would be few and far between, and ins. rates would be less. Just my opinion. Jeff

cigdaze
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Damn shame.

gQzet2npilk

Sydwayz
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Who has the photo of the boat strapped way up on top of the cargo/container ship on its way to Europe?

redhotsommer
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Bubba, I thought at this X of the year it's 2 or 3 cylinders?????:26:

Five cylinders for the two sleds! :26: Eight this last weekend when I had all three of them running...so 1/2 a boat!

Check the dude running to the boat at the end of the video with the all-white togs! Lookin' sharp, there buddyboy!

Tommy Gun
02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
u the rooster pops up mid turn... too much trim or not enough?

Probably the inside drive losing its bite...usually from being trimmed down.

Bullhead
02-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't understand the jagoff running the camera. Obviously he was the first one to see the boat hit the rocks, why didn't he go down and at least shut the thing off once it settled down? There were plenty of other people running over to do it well after the boat came to rest.

There was one mofo laughing in the background....must have been the local blowboat club

JupiterSunsation
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM
There was one mofo laughing in the background....must have been the local blowboat club

Probably a local that makes 38 cents a day laughing at the rich guys out doing something stupid.:sifone:

OldSchool
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Probably a local that makes 38 cents a day laughing at the rich guys out doing something stupid.:sifone:

In your opinion, what's this one worth??:sifone::sifone::rofl:

It would be neat if we could an analysis done of the video by Tres or Brad.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
In the mean time it looked like he turned as he was reducing the throttles while hitting a wake.

BlackJack58
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow. That's why I'm installing one this year before the boat goes in the water...

tommymonza
02-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Ironic that the boat returned back to where the video guy was and he didn't flinch as the boat was more or less heading towards him.