PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Circuit City's Bait & Switch

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I just tried to get a 19 inch monitor from them with their going out of business sales. Priced advertised all week was $161.99.

New discount this week is advertised 20% off monitors. That would make the monitor $129.60. When questioned at the register they come up with a price 143.99. I told them their new math does not work for me.

They refused to sell the unit to me for the $129.60 so I walked out. Of course the manager went over and raised the price on the unit to 179.99. Before he did any of that I had taken pictures of the tags.

BUYERS BEWARE !!!

Bring you calculators if you need them !!!

Chris
01-30-2009, 05:31 PM
There's no doubt that the store closings are going to be a long and profotable exercize- for the liquidator companies they hired.

Most states notw have laws governing how long these GOB events can last-and how often one can be held. We had a local furniture store that went out of business twice a year.

There was another local retailer that about twice a year they'd run a Going Out for Business sale. The place was always packed. People see what they want to. And the "for" kept them off the hook.

Sea-Dated
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
We used to have a store here that was "Going Out of Business" for about 4 years straight. Like Chris's place, it was always packed.....

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
CC is definately going out !!!

It's a shame too! They always treated me right until today...

I wonder if I came in with the Media and my photographs if they would change their minds ..... :D

False advertising is still fasle advertising even if they are going out of business...

jayhawk261
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
In Lawrence there is a furniture store that has a large sign in the window that says "GOING OUT for BUSINESS" along with a large flashing yellow light. Just slightly misleading!

rainmn
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Why is it always furniture stores that are "going out of business" for years?

Sharkey - you've got to remember some of the furniture stores on Rt. 9 in Bayville / Beachwood. I think one of them was going out of business from 1975 - 2000. :sifone:

Trim'd Up
01-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I went to CC the other day and the "deals" were non existent. The store was pretty well cleaned out though, so I guess the signs worked.

ILMORdude
01-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Went there to check things out. Ended up with a wireless router for the house and new Nickelback cd. BUT- the GF's dad had his eye on this laptop for a few weeks and he was gonna snag it until the price was $15 MORE than last weeks sale paper price!! F'ers!

fund razor
01-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Also beware that much of what you see is not unsold CC stock. Otherwise... the company who comes in to do the "liquidation" wouldn't back up to the dock with a full 53 foot trailer. You aren't as much visiting a circuit city as you are visiting a flea market with a Circuit City sign.

Slandrew
01-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Screw Circut city!Best buy will match internet pricing with easy return policy so far so good with them:seeya:

scottw
01-31-2009, 08:54 AM
I saw on the news a comparison between CC and BB, even with the discount on 20 items, BB was cheaper on 13 of them. They mark prices up to list and then give their discount. Not much of a bargain.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-31-2009, 10:08 AM
I have to say prior to yesterday I had great customer service from my local CC. Even at Christmas time.

One time months and months were going by waiting for a Rebate Check to come in from SONY. I kept all documentation on my attempts to redeem the rebate and still no check. I went back to CC and explained to the manager (at the time) what I was going through and showed him my documents. He apologized for SONY and then hit the button to open the register drawer and paid me cash on the spot ! I said to him, that kind of customer service will always have me coming back. He has since left.

At Christmas myself and one other person were trying to buy a Wii Fit Balance Board. We both were waiting at the door for them to open only to find they did not have them. I was told earlier in the week by 3 of their sales people they would be there on Sunday morning. For our trouble the manager authorized a $25 gift card for both of us.

This same manager went and raised the advertised price right in front me on the monitor I was looking at and I walked out !

clayinaustin
01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
This should be in the Bar, not the Dock :rolleyes:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
This should be in the Bar, not the Dock :rolleyes:I wasn't sure where to post it. So I placed it here to get the word out as quickly as possible so no one else gets fooled by these people...

phragle
01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
This should be in the Bar, not the Dock :rolleyes:

These places sell computers, computers are used to access SERIOUSOFFSHORE.COM, SOS is a boating site... therefor, the post is boating related..

Good job Sharkey!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
These places sell computers, computers are used to access SERIOUSOFFSHORE.COM, SOS is a boating site... therefor, the post is boating related..

Good job Sharkey!

Very good point !!! :D