PDA

View Full Version : 540 ci tall deck Brodix complete - make offer

mbam
01-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Selling these for a friend, so right up front I can only represent what I have been told. After taking a close look and considering he is a stand up guy so I have every reason to believe him.

These were built by Kieth Hazel (rip) back in the day, rated at over 600 HP. Never in a boat, they were spares for a 42 Cig he has not owned in a while. Just test run on a stand. Have been in storage since then. And now they are in storage at my place :).

I'll see what I can find out tommorrow re the cranks, pistons & rods, I know a guy that used to work for Kieth back then. We took some pictures today, and even though a little rough on the exterior they sure do look new inside. 0 corrosion in the exhaust ports, I have never seen that unless new.

Brodix heads, stud girdles, roller cam (can see the lifters). These are being sold as-is. They might very well be ready to run and probably are but if interested please be ready to at least pull the pans and also check the valve springs. No question the carbs should be rebuilt.

I will post more pics tommorrow, crating & shipping is no problem, we do that all the time.

He thinks they are worth at least $10k each, but will consider a reasonable offer.

We can arrange to fire them up, and even dyno them but that would add to the price.

mbam
01-30-2009, 10:06 AM
More info - just talked to the guy that built them (worked for Kieth). Dynoed at about 675 HP, Crower crank & rods. JE pistons.

mbam
02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Spring is coming up --- this could be a great deal for some new power