PDA

View Full Version : Helping a friend win a weatherby rifle could use some help

tstuck
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi SeriousOffshore people I'm trying to help a friend win a weatherby rifle and all you have to do is sign up and vote for his video on why he wants it. Dale is trying to win it for his friend since and if you click on the video you will see why. Here is the link.

Direct link to video- click HERE (http://www.weatherbynation.com/videocontest/browse/view/21)

Click this link (http://www.weatherbynation.com/user/register) to register
Confirm email
Got to "My Profile to change password to some thing you can remember

Come back to this thread, click here (http://www.weatherbynation.com/node/41762) to register to be able to vote in the contest

Once done, come back to this thread and click HERE (http://www.weatherbynation.com/videocontest/browse/view/21) to vote

or you can try clicking on this

http://www.weatherbynation.com/videocontest/browse/view/21

This might take you right to it.

Thanks.

tstuck
01-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Just bringing this back towards the top. Thanks again for everyones help.

tstuck
01-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone that is voting. Right now he has the lead 1178 to 1131 but the voting ends around Feb. 15th so please keep voting everyday if you can.

Thanks again.

RPM
01-25-2009, 10:51 AM
That's real cool t... Glad to see he is ahead..

tstuck
01-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks again everyone that is voting Dale has teh lead as or right now 1555 to 1460 so please keep voting if you can.

tstuck
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Bring back to the top. Thanks for everyones help.

MarylandMark
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Winning by only 19 but I'll be back tomorrow to give him another vote!

tstuck
02-01-2009, 10:19 AM
We have the lead right now but the guy is 2nd is to close. The 2nd place guy has had the lead several time so please keep voting everyday if you can. Thanks again.

tstuck
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Just checked and Dale has the lead by 11 votes. So thanks everyone that is voting and please keep voting if you can. Remember you can vote everyday and thanks again for helping Dale out on winning the rifle.

Tommy Gun
02-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Very nice gesture; glad to help out.

tstuck
02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Dale had the lead by 7 votes a little while ago so please keep voting if you can.

Thanks.

Sea-Dated
02-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Done, good luck....

tstuck
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Local newspaper did an article about Dale and the contest.

My Friend Frank

Ligonier man nominates friend for exclusive outdoors giveaway

Stephanie DeBolt

Correspondent

When you ask Frank McDonald and Dale Hagberg of Ligonier how long the pair have been friends, they immediately look at each other and start recounting memories that lead to the beginning.

"I met you when your dad helped me at work, I think he drug you along," Frank joked.

"When was that, 1982?" Dale asks.

They finally decide that their friendship was cemented right about the time Frank grew tired of string-trimming Ligonier cemetery when he served as the sexton.

"I really didn't want to weed eat the whole place so I hired a chump, he was my chump," Frank laughed as Dale nodded.

Their nine-year age difference was soon bridged by a shared love of hunting and the great outdoors.

"We both loved hunting. We did a lot of it together," Frank said.

From a bear hunting trip the pair took in 1985 as Dale's graduation present, to many local field treks in search of whitetail and vermin, the pair rarely missed an opportunity to gear up, or at least spend hours talking about it.

"Once Dale graduated we had big plans to go out west and he'd get set up there and I'd go back and forth," Frank said.

Sadly, things don't always go according to plan.

On Aug. 15, 1987, Dale was paralyzed in a diving accident. A junior at Purdue University, Dale's accident changed all the plans he had made.

"I've moved past that day now, I've got great parents, great friends and a great life," Dale said.

"At that point, things were different, but we're still the same," Frank added.

Dale said he deeply enjoys living vicariously through his hunting buddy Frank, who recounts story after story and brings Dale videotapes of hunts he goes on.

Frank's taxidermy hobby also allows him to present the best of the hunt to Dale at his bedside.

"I enjoy Frank’s stories, it is like being there with him," Dale said.

Over the past 21 years, Dale says Frank has become more than just a friend.

"Frank helps me so much. He knows so much about my care that he'll come and stay with me if my parents need to leave and a nurse isn't here. He knows just what to do," Dale said, "I really appreciate him so much."

Being paralyzed hasn't put a damper on Dale's enthusiasm for the sport, and was recently able to participate in an on-line hunt for physically handicapped hunters that drew media attention from around the globe.

Although mostly limited to his bed in Ligonier, Dale has mastered the use of the Internet, using a specially configured apparatus that allows him to surf the web using a mouth-controlled joystick. From his bed he can visit hunting websites, keeping up with the latest and greatest hunts, gear and most recently, contests.

While online, Dale found www.weatherbynation.com, a premier rifle manufacturer's website and a contest entitled, "Why I want a Weatherby." The grand prize includes an expense paid trip to Weatherby, Inc., Paso Robles, Calif. where the winner will tour the Weatherby facility and museum and will be allowed to build a custom Weatherby rifle and case, assisted by company president Ed Weatherby and Dean Rumbaugh, manager of the Weatherby Custom Shop.

Dale immediately knew what he would do.

"I wanted to enter that contest and nominate Frank for the prize. I wanted to find a way to pay him back for the friend he's been to me," Dale said.

The contest, which ends Feb. 15, collects daily public votes for each submitted video entry. Dale made his entry from his bed, with the help of his night nurse Kathy.

"I didn't know a thing about it," Frank said.

"When I sent in the video, I wanted it to be about my feelings, not Franks," Dale said.

Frank remembers watching it for the very first time.

"It was emotional to watch it. I don't think of myself the way he thinks of me," Frank said.

The pair has eagerly watched over the past three weeks as votes pour in.

"It's a close race," Dale said.

The anticipation as they race to the deadline has been somewhat bittersweet for Frank, who recently lost his job. He realizes that he'll have to pay tax on any prize he receives and isn't sure if the disposable income will be available for this once-in-a-lifetime gift.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Dale reminded Frank.

As word spreads, friends of friends and even complete strangers are coming aboard to help Dale realize his dream of honoring Frank.

"We had people email us who were going to be in the contest, but saw my video and are now voting for us," Dale said.

Guests may log in to www.weatherbynation.com and create an account to vote once per day until Feb. 15 at midnight to support Dale's entry.

"I can't thank everyone enough for the support they've already given," Dale said, "It's been fun watching every day."

"I hope I have the opportunity to do this, and bring it all back to Dale," Frank said.

To vote:

www.weatherbynation.com

users must create an account profile with email to vote

Dale's entry is "Why I want a Weatherby for my friend Frank"

gerritm
02-06-2009, 05:42 PM
How cool is that. What a great thought. I voted.

RPM
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
How much longer does the voting last T..

MarylandMark
02-07-2009, 08:34 AM
How much longer does the voting last T..

Ends on 2/15 and winner announced on 4/1

tstuck
02-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks MarylandMark. Yep Feb. 15th so we have this week to vote so please keep voting if you can and thanks everyone for your help.

MarylandMark
02-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Almost forgot to vote today!!

Weatherbyitis its real John Hamrick 3336
Be Prepared fo Success Dana Wheeless 3414
Should've Had a Weatherby Dusty Compton 3776
Weatherby Fantasy Tommy Kujawa 4328
Why I want a Weatherby for my friend Frank Frank McDonald 4840

tstuck
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Dale has a good lead right now and this is the last week for the contest so please keep voting daily if you can so he can keep the lead and win. Thanks again for everyone voting.

tstuck
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Last week so everyone keep voting. Dale has a nice lead and I don't want to see him lose it. Thanks again everyone.

http://www.weatherbynation.com/

HiZ
02-12-2009, 03:29 AM
Is this what we are going for?

tstuck
02-13-2009, 10:11 PM
ok guys and gals the contest is coming to and end on the 15th and Dale has the lead right now so please keep voting so he can keep the lead.

Thanks again for everyone that is voting.

tstuck
02-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Last day for voting and I want to thank everyone that has been voting for Dale and i know it's been a long contest. Dale has 6431 to 5535 so please vote again today if you can. Thanks again for everyones help.

tstuck
02-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Just recieved this message from Dale.

Just wanted to thank everyone for voting and all the help they did on the contest. Frank and Doug came over last night at midnight to watch the final countdown. We are all excited but still reserved until the winners are announced. We owe you all so much! Thanks again. Keep your fingers crossed!
Dale and Frank

MarylandMark
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Rock on!!

Sea-Dated
02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Congrats!!!!

tstuck
02-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Received this from Dale so I would say things are looking pretty good for Dale and Frank. Thanks again everyone he couldn't have done it without all your help.

Frank got an email from Weatherby this morning asking him to verify his
address so they could send him a registered letter. He's so excited he can't
stand it! Just wanted you all to know.
Dalebob

MarylandMark
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
:cheers2: