PDA

View Full Version : Searching on the Other site

Seafordguy
10-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Maybe this is just a coincidental glitch but I have been trying to search "serious" on that other site, and it keeps saying 'no matches found'.

Does that happen to anyone else? If so that is pretty funny that they blocked that search term.

clayinaustin
10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
WOW! that's freaky :eek:

cigdaze
10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Interesting. I know I must have typed serious at least a few times lately. Someone caught on.

Tommy Gun
10-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Reading the PM's are they?

Bobcat
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
It took them six weeks to send a form letter to a simple question about the performance of the site, I hardly think they could care enough to delete all references to this site,more than likely it is just a coincidence:)

Seafordguy
10-21-2008, 04:07 PM
It took them six weeks to send a form letter to a simple question about the performance of the site, I hardly think they could care enough to delete all references to this site,more than likely it is just a coincidence:)

No I doubt they removed the references. I think they just blocked the search term. It was mentioned in another thread on here to search "serious" and when I did that came up. There are probably lots of folks that were searching on that term.

Sea-Dated
10-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Weird.:huh:

Ted
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Reading the PM's are they?

Whoop, we could be in some trouble boyz!!! :sifone:

Geronimo36
10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
gotta roll and shift with punches fella's..... I do internet searching for a living... ;)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196830&page=2&highlight=serious+offshore

Bobcat
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
see, still there

Save the classic offshores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Spray View Post
??? I'm missing something here....
Here's what happened:

A big huge internet forum munching monster named "internet brands" (IB) bought like 50 forums in the first half of 2008 for like 28 million dollars. They also bought OSO.

Then the performance started getting bad, they migrated it over to their own servers and it's never been right since. Meanwhile... they mishandled the PR of the purchase, and have since seemed totally apathetic. Like a slumlord who buys 50 homes at once and can't maintain them all.

Fast forward 6 months.... traffic has fallen off. The site is dying, fast. Many people went to Boatfreaks, and some other things happened as a result of IB's total mismanagement of the entire process. They have essentially killed OSO.

One day... it will be like an internet rapture.
Anybody in the know will be gone. IB will own a server and some software. They will have no real traffic.

OSO will have become "IbbyOffshore." And it will have zero credibility in the real, :seeya: serious, offshore world.

OSO as we know/knew it will be a thing of the past.

Roger Penske is on their board.

I think that you are about up to speed now.:

cigdaze
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
gotta roll and shift with punches fella's..... I do internet searching for a living... ;)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196830&page=2&highlight=serious+offshore

Oh sht...here we go boys and girls.
:biggrinjester: