PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Boat Show

Perlmudder
01-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Went to the TBS yesterday from about 1-6. As far as performance boats, there was very little. A 30 outlaw and a 47 fountain with trip 6's was about all there was. Had a huge assortment of runabouts, but nothing that really caught my eye. Many of the exact same boats I remember seeing last year at the show. I think to a certain extent the show is starting to focus more on sailboats, then performance boats. The sailboats had a huge turn out with everything from Hobie to Beneteau. After looking through some of the bowriders, I saw a couple things I actually really liked, and some stuff that I did not like at all. I sat in a 21 foot carvelle, and it actually made my boat feel huge (free board and cockpit space wise). It had the dual throttles (1 shifter 1 power) and I really, really liked that compared to the standard throttle we have in our boat. I think for next boating season, I am going to try and have the windshield tinted, and an upholstery shop make a pad for the front of the bow so that you can look backwards and not kill yourself. One thing I really enjoyed was the wakeboard show. It was really cool, props to the guys who were riding! I took a video on my cell phone but it did not turn out very good unfortunately.

Anybody else go? What did you guys think?

dykstra
01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
any pics, what did the Fountain have for power? Triple what

Perlmudder
01-18-2009, 05:54 PM
any pics, what did the Fountain have for power? Triple what

unfortunately forgot my camera and by the time i remembered it was to late. not sure what it had for power, but it was more express cruiser like and had a hard top. ill look on their website and see if i can find anything about it!

Perlmudder
01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.jimearlemarine.com/inventory/details.cfm?itemid=1005671

i think this is it. trip 480 yanmars. although this one says it has arnesons and the boat show none had 6's.

dykstra
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
sweet