PDA

View Full Version : 28 Pantera Dude! Sweet!

Dude! Sweet!
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Ad isn't on OSO anymore, see posts below for full information.

As noted on the OSO, my 28 Pantera is for sale. Here's a link to the ad.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/1996_28_pantera_single_dude_sweet-o26131-en.html

It's a great boat, but the family isn't into ocean boating and I'm dying to get back in a race car. I'm willing to listen to offers with our without power. Also willing to trade, up or down for the right offer (Z06 vette, Viper coupe, other cars?, a small RIB, superkart, fractional ownership in a strip joint, c'mon what ya got... :D )

Feel free to pm me through either site, email, IM or call.

Thanks,

Sean

Baja Fresh
10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Sean! I can't believe you're selling that boat! You know you're going to regret it!

What kind of racing are you going to do?

Hot for Teacher
10-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Sean! I can't believe you're selling that boat! You know you're going to regret it!

What kind of racing are you going to do?

Poodle racing.....:biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks Tom! Ha ha ha. :D Man, you guys are a tough crowd!

I know I'm going to miss the boat, but I haven't had a second to use it this year. I think I've been out 3 times all year. They made more boats though and when I have the time to do it right and when the kids are big enough to enjoy it properly, I'll be back in one. I'll probably pick up a little RIB or inflatable after I sell the Pantera to at least stay on the water, though.

Right now, I'm planning on going kart road racing. I'll run my 125 ICC karts next season one way or another and if I sell the boat, may step up to a superkart or consider a big car again (probably a sports racer this time though). Also been thinking about doing some drag racing with the Camaro in PSCA again that would have to be after the boat was gone though.

How you guys been?

fund razor
10-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Guys.... there are rules in the classifieds. They are set up as non-discussion. Go check em out.
Please don't make me moderate. I don't want to. I want to help you sell your stuff.

Thanks!

Dude! Sweet!
10-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Guys.... there are rules in the classifieds. They are set up as non-discussion. Go check em out.
Please don't make me moderate. I don't want to. I want to help you sell your stuff.

Thanks!

I was just telling KittycatJohn this morning that I've never gotten myself kicked off a web site! Ha ha ha! :biggrinjester:

Izmar21
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Are the graphics vinyl?

fund razor
11-23-2008, 03:58 PM

Thanks!

Yeah.... I have pretty much given up on that, if you hadn't noticed.

Sweet boat.

Griff
11-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Are the graphics vinyl?

Its my old boat. The graphics are painted.

Dude! Sweet!
12-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm 3 weeks away from the start of racinig season (LAKC ICC) and starting to feel a bit guilty about letting the boat sit all the time.

So, just putting it out there... I'm flexible on price. I'm also more willing to cut someone a deal with the current power (and take it in the shorts on that whole bad ass motor). I can't live with anything below $30k without the motor but I'm definately below $35k. With power I think I'll offer at $45k, knowing how people like to negotiate! :D

I'm going to throw it up on boat trader next week (currently only advertised on OSO and SOS). But wanted to give some of our home team guys a "preview" price.

jeff1000man
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Ad is down on OSO now. Can you put the pics back up and remind us what boat this is. Or emial me some pics. gregory_jeff@hotmail.com

Dude! Sweet!
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
You gotta be kidding... they didn't even email me to tell me it was expiring. And it was there this morning. Here ya go...

Dude! Sweet!
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Some cabin shots and a photo of the "super-cover" and trailer.

Dude! Sweet!
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Motor, bilge photos (purple motor is now reconfigured into the black and grey motor, but don't have any current photos of it installed on my computer).

Dude! Sweet!
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
OK, so details are 1996 Pantera 28. Previously owned by Hot Duck and Griff. I've had it for about a year and a half. Approximately 500 hours on the hull. It has a slide on aluminum trailer, two covers (full and cockpit), a nice clarion stereo, IMCO SC drive (less than 10 hours on full refresh by IMCO), 650hp 575 cid Merlin with Dart heads and dominator carb. Approximately 8 hours on motor. The boat is in really nice shape and runs awesome. Prior to my purchase boat was stored indoors and run in fresh water (while Griff owned it).

I bought it as "methedone" to ween me off my car racing and as a more family friendly motorsport. Family isn't into it so I've decided to sell the boat and go back to car racing.

I would prefer to sell the boat without the motor (but with headers, drive, all marine accessories etc.). Was asking $35k in that trim but negotiable (as mentioned above). At this point, I'll also sell with the motor turn key ready to go for $45k. Also "at cost" delivery available anywhere in the U.S.

Feel free to call, pm or email.

Email: PAI_Racing"at"hotmail.com (yes you need that little underline).
Mobile: 213-952-7501 (and I rarely answer if I don't recognize the number, so leave a message and I'll give a shout back).

Thanks,

Sean

jeff1000man
12-31-2008, 12:45 AM
What speeds do you get with that set up?

How much different is the hull size compared with my Magnum?

You might not know the answer to the second, but somebody on this site does.

jeff1000man
12-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Is there room for a blower and a chiller under that hatch?

Griff
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Is there room for a blower and a chiller under that hatch?

Definately not, but it would be easy to modify it and add a scoop. The notched transom raises the X/engine about 3". It already had a 1.5" recess built into the hatch for the flame arrestor for the 525SC. I think Sean also has taller race hatch as well now. Here's a pic of the stock hatch.

jeff1000man
12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
If a 525SC fit under there a 250 without the chiller would fit wouldn't it?

Griff
12-31-2008, 11:41 PM
If a 525SC fit under there a 250 without the chiller would fit wouldn't it?

Maybe. I don't know the height differences between the 177 and a 250. One of th TBS low profile should work.
The hatch clearance decreases as it moves toward the stern. At the front of the recess, the arrestor was barely into it. At the rear, it was almost touching the top of the hatch. There is also only about an inch of space around where the arrestor fits into the recess.

jeff1000man
01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Probably would need a blower box then.

Dude! Sweet!
01-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Griff, thanks for covering for me while I've been away from the computer! You know this boat better than anyone other than Pepe! :D

I do have a blower hatch that I could sell separately (although I'd planned on keeping it for my next one). Also wouldn't be too hard to open up the current hatch and replace the current box with a new larger one.

Happy new year guys!

Oh yah, still open to trades as well as out right purchases. PM or email if you've got something intersting.

Dude! Sweet!
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
New (but low quality) motor pictures.

djmadmatt
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
What kind of speeds are you seeing with that motor?

Dude! Sweet!
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Mid 70s. Could use more prop. I've got a touched up Bravo 26 on it. We tested a 27 hydro 5 blade and it was a bit too much prop, but the boat ran really well with that set up but the prop was too deep. There's a lot more speed in the boat, I just didn't have the time or DI to chase it down.

planetwarmer
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Would you take a 2005 Yamaha YZ250F with only 40 or so races on it as an even trade? Hell, I might even fill it with 91 octane for you to sweeten the deal!

It runs mid-seventies!

Dude! Sweet!
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Would you take a 2005 Yamaha YZ250F with only 40 or so races on it as an even trade? Hell, I might even fill it with 91 octane for you to sweeten the deal!

It runs mid-seventies!

Does it come with a happy ending? Your mom? your sister? What you got?

djmadmatt
01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a 24' Cobra .. 454, Hardin P1000 Exhaust, Gary Williams Carb, New Stainless Crossover and Thermo Housing, Newer Style Trim Pump, TRS Drive, MercII Tranny, New interior. Ive had it to 63 on the GPS but there is more there.

http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/boating4.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/cobra07.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/cobra08.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/cobra10.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/cobra19.gif

7DQt2-Mvfq4

This is a 1974 18' Tahiti Low Profile Tiger with a Berkeley Pump and an AMC 304 V8 with OT Pipes.

• Brand New Plastic Fuel Tank from Overton’s
• Brand New Battery
• Brand New Alternator
• Brand New High Performance Teleflex Rotary Steering System
• All New Wiring Front to Back done professionally with Heat Shrink
• Brand New Edelbrock 1405 600CFM Carburetor
• Brand New MSD Blaster 2 Coil
• Brand New Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator
• All Brand New Fuel Lines
• All Brand New Water Lines
• Brand New Dipstick
• Brand New Trailer Lights
• Brand New Treated Wood Bunks on Trailer
• Brand New Boat Seats
• Brand New Carpeting (Partially Finished)
• Brand New Stainless Steel Cleats

http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/boating1.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/boating2.gif
http://www.synergyproaudio.com/pix/boating3.gif

Let me know If your interested.

Dude! Sweet!
01-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Funny how much the Cobra looks like a 24 Pantera! It appears to be having a bit of an identity crisis though... I dig the Tahiti. How'd it end up with an AMC motor in it? I had a CJ5 with the 304...

djmadmatt
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah the Cobra definatly looks like a Pantera especially with the 7' Beam. I love the Cobra but I want something Bigger which is why I'm looking at getting a Pantera. Yeah ... Not sure who put the Cig emblems on it. hahahah

I beleive the Tahiti was originally Rigged by Schuster with an AMC 360 Which they did do and the previous owner put in a 304 because he blew up the 360.