PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City, New Jersey and South

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Launch boat in Sea Isle City, New Jersey and looking for some places to go and get lunch or just go and anchor or raft-up with other boaters from the area this summer.:confused: Anyone boat in this area and where are the hot spots?:huh:

Pit
01-17-2009, 09:33 AM
On the Deck at Trump Marina was pretty good. Food, drinks, live music other boaters.

Have a friend that is there most weekends in #1 slip with a 50 Nortech.

I think Jimmy Buffet bought Trump last year and going to make improvements.

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:40 AM
On the Deck at Trump Marina was pretty good. Food, drinks, live music other boaters.

Have a friend that is there most weekends in #1 slip with a 50 Nortech.

I think Jimmy Buffet bought Trump last year and going to make improvements.

I heard that place is pretty good. Been there by car before but never by boat. Would like to get up there by boat though. I have a 25' but never ran it in the ocean. I guess you have to pick and choose your days to head up that way or can I get there in the intercoastal?

kidapache
01-17-2009, 10:26 AM
We are there every week end with are 41 apache its great

Murf
01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
scottw
The Deck is great. The Flying Cloud isn't that bad either. I end up there if you can't get in at the Deck. You can get there in the ICW. A lot of no wake zones, but a nice ride.

scottw
01-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Kidapache and Murf where are you out of?

Mopower
01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Been from Cape May to Trump via ICW not bad but like Murf said , a lot NWZs

Murf
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
scottw
I launch out of Northfeild, Sea Village Marina. I used to keep my old boat at Minmar marina in Sea Isle years ago. Where in Sea Isle are you?

scottw
01-17-2009, 04:28 PM
scottw
I launch out of Northfeild, Sea Village Marina. I used to keep my old boat at Minmar marina in Sea Isle years ago. Where in Sea Isle are you?

Actually I'm right outside of Sea Isle City, I'm in Ocean View but everyone is more familiar with Sea Isle so that is why I go with that.:D

Murf
01-17-2009, 04:30 PM
scottw
That's actually where my boat is stored right now for the winter. Ocean View Marine. What kind of boat do you have?

scottw
01-17-2009, 04:41 PM
scottw
That's actually where my boat is stored right now for the winter. Ocean View Marine. What kind of boat do you have?

I have a 25' Switzer 454 Magnum Bravo1, What about you?

Murf
01-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I have a 280 Powerquest Silencer. I has a 502. Everything is stock on it now. I may be doing some minor upgrades this winter.

scottw
01-17-2009, 05:31 PM
You from down that way year round?

scottw
01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Here is a running shot of my boat.

95south
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
right across from the inlet to trumps ( north side of the inlet, east of the bridge ) is a place to beach your boat or if it is rough go into a back bay in brigantine and anchor or brag a mooring buoy
also if you dock by the flying cloud , there is one other place to eat back there
we are on lbi and run down every weekend

Murf
01-17-2009, 06:41 PM
scottw,
Nice looking boat. What kind of speed do you get?
I am from South Jersey all year around, around Cherry hill. I had summer house in LBI for a few years and kept my boat there. No more summer house, every one in on the house with me got married.

95 South,
Where do you keep your boat in LBI? I see all the boats back there by Brigatine, is it easy to get back there? Is it deep, or do you have to go there with the tide? Always wanted to go check it out and never did. I will definitly get there this summer.

Expensive Date
01-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Everything said in previous posts true,but also join NJPPC club we have are first event at Trump marina in a few weeks.You can find us in the club section.
I am also at Trump or Flying cloud almost every weekend there is also the Wonder bar which is on the ICW about 5 miles north of Trump just after the second bridge

Expensive Date
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
95 South,
Where do you keep your boat in LBI? I see all the boats back there by Brigatine, is it easy to get back there? Is it deep, or do you have to go there with the tide? Always wanted to go check it out and never did. I will definitly get there this summer.[/QUOTE]

You really have to be careful in that cove and on the west side of Brigantine it is not marked in most places.It is passable but go slow the first time

Murf
01-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Expensive Date,
Thanks for the info. I never saw any markers back there, but there is always a ton of boats back there. I will check it out this summer, but will be very careful.

Craney
01-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Murf get a hold of John & Pam (25 Thunder) they will show you around like the dredge,cocomo beach and rafting up on the river.

Murf
01-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks Craney, I will do that. I would feel more comfortable following some one who knows the area.

95south
01-17-2009, 08:19 PM
murf, it is narrow going in to the brigantine cove but plenty of water, you will see sport fishers going in and out. tide not a problem.
we keep out boat in beach haven at shelter harbor marina.
if you run the back bay, pay attention, the water gets real shallow at low tide, you always have enough water regardless of the tide, you just cant cut any corners or miss any marks. we actually will run back there after dark if we stay late at ac

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:31 PM
scottw,
Nice looking boat. What kind of speed do you get?
I am from South Jersey all year around, around Cherry hill. I had summer house in LBI for a few years and kept my boat there. No more summer house, every one in on the house with me got married.

Murf,
Boat runs 62-63 in the flat stuff. Might do a little better in some chop. I cruise at 50 at 3800rpm.

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Wanna try to meet up with everyone this summer. Looking forward to it.

Murf
01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
95South, thanks for the info.

scottw, definitly have to hook up this summer. I can't wait. This cold weather sucks!!!

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:45 PM
95South, thanks for the info.

scottw, definitly have to hook up this summer. I can't wait. This cold weather sucks!!!

Yeah it does. Where you gonna be launching this summer?

Murf
01-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I will be back at Sea Village Marina in Northfield.

scottw
01-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I will be back at Sea Village Marina in Northfield.

You ever head to the Chesapeake?

Murf
01-17-2009, 10:03 PM
You ever head to the Chesapeake?

I haven't made a trip to the Chesapeake yet. Some of the guys at my marina run there at lot. I want to make the run there this summer.
Have you gone there?

scottw
01-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I haven't made a trip to the Chesapeake yet. Some of the guys at my marina run there at lot. I want to make the run there this summer.
Have you gone there?

That's where I have done most of my boating. Got a lot of friends down there. Kept the boat home here in Deptford last year but with having place down the shore I have to use it more down there. Maybe keep it on our calender for fathers day we run down to Red Eyes Dockbar for the first bikini contest of the season and then head over to Fells Point and spend the night there and head back on monday. It's about a 55 mi run each way from where we launch. Right now i know there are 3 boats scheduled to go this year. Here is the link.

http://www.redeyedockbar.com/bikinis.htm

Murf
01-17-2009, 10:19 PM
That's where I have done most of my boating. Got a lot of friends down there. Kept the boat home here in Deptford last year but with having place down the shore I have to use it more down there. Maybe keep it on our calender for fathers day we run down to Red Eyes Dockbar for the first bikini contest of the season and then head over to Fells Point and spend the night there and head back on monday. It's about a 55 mi run each way from where we launch. Right now i know there are 3 boats scheduled to go this year. Here is the link.

http://www.redeyedockbar.com/bikinis.htm

Thanks, I will definitly mark that on my calender!!!!!

scottw
01-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Murf sent you a PM

kidapache
01-18-2009, 12:13 AM
We have a house in ocean city N.J. WE are there every week end

scottw
01-18-2009, 08:29 AM

Kidapache I guess you run mostly out in the ocean. Never seen you in the ICW.

Craney
01-18-2009, 09:39 AM

Paul you should come down to the Chesapeake some weekend.

kidapache
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Kidapache I guess you run mostly out in the ocean. Never seen you in the ICW.

We went that way one time in the fog it took about one hour that way and I sharped my props too

scottw
01-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Murf don't forget about the winter party this weekend Jan. 31. If your interested in going let me know. Good food and good people and good drink:drool5:

Expensive Date
01-25-2009, 11:31 PM
If you are talking about the NJPPC party it is Feb 7 not Jan 31.

scottw
01-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Nah E D I'm talking about the Deep Freeze Party at the Nauti-Goose on the North East river in MD. It's a good time. Wanna go?

Murf
01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
scottw,
I'm going to try to make it this weekend. I will give you a call. When is a good time to get a hold of you?

Donzilla
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Ah me and big stan closed the bar after rock the bay 3 years back and I won and paid the bar tab for the house. Nauti Goose love the place.

scottw
01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
scottw,
I'm going to try to make it this weekend. I will give you a call. When is a good time to get a hold of you?

Murf usally in the evenings after 6:00 is good but if you call anytime during the day and leave a message I'll get back to you.

Expensive Date
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Nah E D I'm talking about the Deep Freeze Party at the Nauti-Goose on the North East river in MD. It's a good time. Wanna go?

Sat, location? might be able to make it

scottw
01-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Sat, location? might be able to make it

Nauti-Goose Saloon in North East, MD here is the link. Disregard the message about closed until April 1st. That is just for the public resturant.

http://www.nautigoosesaloon.com/

scottw
01-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey E D what part of SJ are you from?

Expensive Date
01-27-2009, 02:04 PM
West creek,west of LBI I keep my boat in Beach Haven though.What time is the party might try to get down

scottw
01-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Party starts at 7:00 pm. $10.00 entry includes your buffet. The bar is a cash bar.

Expensive Date
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I should be able to make it are you driving down?Let me know because I probably won't drink (I have a CDL) totaly different set of rules even in your personal car.So if you are coming back after the party and want a DD let me know.Will take the dually can fit four people + me Tim

scottw
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I should be able to make it are you driving down?Let me know because I probably won't drink (I have a CDL) totaly different set of rules even in your personal car.So if you are coming back after the party and want a DD let me know.Will take the dually can fit four people + me Tim

I plan on coming back on saturday, If you want to ride together maybe we could meet somewhere on the way there and ride together. Murf might possibly be going too. Maybe we all can get together. Let me know.

Expensive Date
01-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I plan on coming back on saturday, If you want to ride together maybe we could meet somewhere on the way there and ride together. Murf might possibly be going too. Maybe we all can get together. Let me know.

Sounds good is there a rest area on 295 or NJTP near you?Were does Murf live?I will keep my cell on 609-402-7764 Tim

scottw
01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Sounds good is there a rest area on 295 or NJTP near you?Were does Murf live?I will keep my cell on 609-402-7764 Tim

Exit 18 off 295 there is a truck stop with a Dunkin Donuts right there. We could meet there. I'll give you a call tomarrow evening. Murf lives in Stratford. I'll try to get in touch with him tomarrow also and see what is going on.

Murf
01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
scottw,
I will give youa call tomorrow around 6pm.

scottw
01-28-2009, 06:39 AM
scottw,
I will give youa call tomorrow around 6pm.

Sounds good Jim I'll talk to you then.

scottw
02-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey Jim and Tim glad you guys were able to make it down to the party last night. Thanks again for driving Tim. Hope you had a good time hanging out with some of the people I know from the Goose and hope you can make it down this way this summer. A lot of nice boating down this way. I am looking forward to checking out more boating at the Jersey Shore this summer. Hopefully we can get together a few times this summer.

Expensive Date
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks for telling me about this, had a good time

Murf
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Scott, thanks for the invite, it was a good time.

Tim, thanks for driving.

I can't wait to get back out on the water, how many morre days till summer???

Expensive Date
02-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Feels like soon its 50 today but we stil have a few months.I am going to try to do the rock the bay run in August will probably come down Fri.

scottw
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Expensive Date;97423]Feels like soon its 50 today but we stil have a few months.I am going to try to do the rock the bay run in August will probably come down Fri.[/QUOTE

Here is the link to last years run.

http://rockthebay.com/