PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Make A Wish kid picture ever

boatme
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
This was taken at the first year of our event SOTW

I think it is one of the coolest shots ever taken

catmando
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
That's what MAW is all about. I think I speak for everyone in our sport when I say it is a tragedy that your Poker Run is no longer helping those wonderful children who need it most. Brings tears to my eyes. :( :(

boatme
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks, I miss it desperatly but we may do somthing new down the road a bit

dykstra
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
awesome pic

insanity
01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Great pic and a great cause. My grandma's brother (my great-uncle) runs a small, similar charity. Unfortunately this year we lost my grandpa (her husband, obviously) to pancreatic cancer shortly before the holidays. Instead of buying all the kids and grandkids Christmas presents like usual, she took the money and made a donation to the charity in Gramp's memory. I thought it was great and told her as far as I was concerned she could do that every year from now on, at least with whatever money she would have spent on me.

My cousin and I had talked about offering up our boats, in case any of the kids 'wish' happened to be some time out on Lake Erie. We kind of forgot about it but this thread was a good reminder.

phragle
01-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks, I miss it desperatly but we may do somthing new down the road a bit

When and if you do, I will be there to help.

MattBMiller
01-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Cool pic

Bgchuby01
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
I belong to the united states power sqaudrons and sometimes they also will not do a group event with boats due to the insurance problems. The way we have gotten around it is by just having boats show up in a non organized event and still giving rides to the underprivledged. Just a thought. If boaters showed up and took these kids on rides and it was not done as a poker run could the rides be given to the kids. This way the boat owners insurance would handle each kid from the boat they are on.

By the way the picture is great

Madcow
01-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Thats a great pic Marc, thanks for sharing. My best friends wife is pretty involved with MAW, and I have given a couple rides in the past. Fantastic organisation.
Hey BTW do you know a guy named Scott who has a 35 Sonic over at the Warf. He was really interested in my Sonic a couple months ago, but we could not come to terms. I have since sold my boat, just wondering if he found something. Seemed like a really good guy.

boatme
01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
no i don't know him i haven not seen a Sonic in the area in years
hmmmm wonder who it was

You out of boating all together??

hope all is going good in your world my friend

boostbros
01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
we use our 70 foot tugboat and take challenged kids and disabled kids and adults out they are just fasinated by it kinda like a steam locomotive we let them steer and blow the horn, sometimes its the little things in life ....we enjoy being able to keep history alive with our old tug and it brings huge smiles they just really enjoy being on the water!

Madcow
01-13-2009, 10:59 PM
no i don't know him i haven not seen a Sonic in the area in years
hmmmm wonder who it was

You out of boating all together??

hope all is going good in your world my friend

No, I can't see me ever totaly out. I am currenty in the prosces of spending an obcenne amount of money restoring an old 18 Donzi. The biggest reason I sold the Sonic is my girls are in high school, and nobody in my family wants to go boating anymore. Ad to that that my boat had tripps and when I found someone who was willing to buy it I jumped at the chance to move it. Of course when I sold it gas was still $4.00 bucks a gallon. Oh well, my next big boat bill be a 100 mph anyway. The Sonic was a great boat, but I haven't slept in that boat for at least 4 years, so why do I need an offshore with a big cabin.
Anyway this Scott guy was a friend of the guy who bought Dietz's boat. I met that guy too and I can't remember what his name was. Seemed like a good guy, but he was trying to figure out how to slow the boat down. I thought that was a little bit tragic but to each his own.

dd24skater
01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Very nice picture!