PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Award Shows

Tommy Gun
01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Is it just me? I mean I could give a flying fvck about all those stupid award shows and the shameless self-promotion/self-serving hype. Golden Globes...who cares who the stinkin winner is? Usually the winners suck more than the losers anyway so what is the point?

Ratickle
01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Is it just me? I mean I could give a flying fvck about all those stupid award shows and the shameless self-promotion/self-serving hype. Golden Globes...who cares who the stinkin winner is? Usually the winners suck more than the losers anyway so what is the point?

Golden Globes are all awarded by foreign film groups to US movies anyway. They havn't a clue.

RPM
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm with ya Tommy.. I think they suck!!! They've got an awards show for everything nowadays.. Who wants to take 2 hours out of their evening to watch a bunch of idiots parade themselves on stage. Let alone 85% of the ones that get awards are for shows I've never seen or heard of..but I'm not much on television.. If it's not Discovery or SPEED or something along those lines I'm not interested..

Chris
01-11-2009, 01:04 PM
It's this American fascination with celebrity. We live in a country where billions of dollars are made off of talking about Paris Hilton not wearing underwear and whether or not Lindsey Lohan is a lesbian.

Used to be we valued people of significant accomplishment. Now we value bad behavior.

phragle
01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
there are a lot of golden globes in hollywood, they usually travel in pairs and come equipped with silicon incase one springs a leak.

Offshoredrillin
01-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I've never watched an awards show in my life.

old377guy
01-11-2009, 01:46 PM
there are a lot of golden globes in hollywood, they usually travel in pairs and come equipped with silicon incase one springs a leak.

ya beat me to it phragle!

Buoy
01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
You aren't alone.
I've never understood why they have these shows, and then why the winners are then the topic of morning radio and news.

Tommy Gun
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM
And to top it off there is another show by the Rivers tramps making fun of what everybody is wearing...like they have a clue. The only thing funny about Joan Rivers is when she makes fun of herself. "Am I smiling?"