PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Cat

HaxbySpeed
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Anybody know anything about these? It's kinda wierd looking but cheap! I've got a customer looking for a single engine cat project..

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/1995_hawaiian-o24385-en.html

inbetween
01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't know anything

about the boat, but that looks like an extremely fun project. Wish I had the time and $$.

cosmic12
01-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Wish I had the extra bucks laying around,(and time) looks like it could be a neat river rocket. Never heard of them though.

RHC
01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I had a 25' Hawaiian V bottem , 1985 model,, Launched it off a 4-5footer one day with 6 people and a full tank of fuel and popped the top cap right off, had a break about 10 feet long on both sides of the bow,, the top cap was just screwed to the hull , no sealent of any kind , give it credit , the hull did not break and we made it back to the dock, later we glassed it all back together and never had a further problem ( Lake Erie ) ,, it was a fun boat for 1988

RHC

Davidmnc
01-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know alot about cats, but it looks kind of like a V in side a cat....strange. :huh: But it looks realy run!

Bobcat
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
looks like the same bottom of a hickman sea sled

Steve 1
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I had a 25' Hawaiian V bottem , 1985 model,, Launched it off a 4-5footer one day with 6 people and a full tank of fuel and popped the top cap right off, had a break about 10 feet long on both sides of the bow,, the top cap was just screwed to the hull , no sealent of any kind , give it credit , the hull did not break and we made it back to the dock, later we glassed it all back together and never had a further problem ( Lake Erie ) ,, it was a fun boat for 1988

RHC

That is what I was going to post ,I knew once upon a time they made Vee bottoms,I guess for flat water anything would work they had a kitchen table with an outboard on it in one race!

dykstra
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
looks like a lot of fun.

Sea-Dated
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks like a fun project for the money though....

MetalBrosRacing
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
whipped 350 and off ya go.

HaxbySpeed
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Do you think 600hp would be too much.. :26:

jhenrie
01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Pickle fork bottom .

Buoy
01-11-2009, 01:06 PM

RHC

Was it one of Hawaiian Daycruiser jet drive boats?
I always liked the looks of those - almost bought one about 15 yrs ago.

HPBoats83
01-12-2009, 03:45 AM
I would strongly caution anybody against Team Hawaiian. I used to have one (it was my first boat I ever purchased on my own 2 years ago), it was their 24' V. The owner of Team Hawaiian is a shady character. For instance, when I went to the DMV to renew my tags (or something stupid like that) the lady at the DMV said it was going to be $3,452.00 or something like that. Wayne, bounced a check for the sales tax I guess so I had to prove that I had paid it to Wayne to clear my name. Wayne and his son Adam who runs the company do some very funny/shady stuff as far as rigging, etc. With that being said you may be ok being that you are buying it with no engine and can re-rig it yourself. I believe in giving credit where credit is due so, I had a 3rd party that I trusted look at the hull (we pulled the interior to see the inside surface of the hull) and I was told it was laid up right. I forget what the material that it was but it was something that was really good and expensive for being an entry level builder. The boat I had was great for what it was and what I used it for. Now that you have a little backround on Team Hawaiian:

My intent isn't to slander the owner but I do wish that somebody had given me knowledge (just like this) before I bought my boat so that is what I am trying to give to you. If you take nothing else from this but my main advise is look at what you are getting into if you go look at the boat. Look very hard before you buy it, things like wiring, etc. Another thing to note is I bought my boat for $40,000 and sold it for $17,000 because of their reputation/NADA value. Any other advise just PM me.

RHC
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Was it one of Hawaiian Daycruiser jet drive boats?
I always liked the looks of those - almost bought one about 15 yrs ago.

Yes it was ,, hard to keep engines in it with the Jet Drive , it was always at a high RPM and I was to cheap to balance and blueprint them at that time ,,, oh well ,, live and learn ----

RHC

Buoy
01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes it was ,, hard to keep engines in it with the Jet Drive , it was always at a high RPM and I was to cheap to balance and blueprint them at that time ,,, oh well ,, live and learn ----

RHC

Did you happen to run it on the Maumee at all?
I remember two blue ones, and a brown running up there.
I always thought they were nice looking.

Dude! Sweet!
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I would strongly caution anybody against Team Hawaiian. I used to have one (it was my first boat I ever purchased on my own 2 years ago), it was their 24' V..

As soon as I saw this thread, I thought of you... Hope the new year finds you well. Take it easy bud. Give a shout sometime.

HPBoats83
01-14-2009, 12:16 AM
As soon as I saw this thread, I thought of you... Hope the new year finds you well. Take it easy bud. Give a shout sometime.

Do you still have your boat? Let's go boating some time, in your boat or mine. I will PM you my number.
James

jet
01-14-2009, 09:55 AM
a lot of the west coast boats are laid up at the same place,But the rigging is done at the suposed manufacturer..........................something to do with EPA out west

Dude! Sweet!
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you still have your boat? Let's go boating some time, in your boat or mine. I will PM you my number.
James

Sure do. Give a shout sometime. I'm game. Just had a ton of stuff going on lately!