PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see this in the news?

Buoy
01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry to cut&paste, but OUCH!!!

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

By MICHAEL GRACZYK, Associated Press Writer Michael Graczyk, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 1 min ago
Texas death row inmate Andre Thomas is shown in this undated handout file photo AP – Texas death row inmate Andre Thomas is shown in this undated handout file photo released Friday, Jan. …

HOUSTON – A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye and told authorities he ate it. Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and took him to the infirmary.

""Thomas said he pulled out his eye and subsequently ingested it," agency spokesman Jason Clark said Friday.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility near Richmond southwest of Houston.

"He will finally be able to receive the mental health care that we had wanted and begged for from day 1," Bobbie Peterson-Cate, Thomas' trial attorney, told the Sherman Herald Democrat. "He is insane and mentally ill. It is exactly the same reason he pulled out the last one."

At his trial, defense lawyers also argued he suffered from alcohol and drug abuse.

Thomas does not have an execution date.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in October upheld his conviction and death sentence for the death of 13-month-old Leyha Marie Hughes. Also killed March 27, 2004, were his wife, Laura Christine Boren, 20, and their son, 4-year-old Andre Lee.

Thomas, from Texoma, walked into the Sherman Police Department and told a dispatcher he had just murdered the three and had stabbed himself in the chest.

Thomas told police how he put his victims' hearts in his pocket and left their apartment, took them home, put them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash.

Court documents described the three victims as having "large, gaping wounds to their chests."

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090109/capt.7b57ad00b91c47b1b9a285d8d4ded7c3.death_row_eye_ht101.jpg?x=255&y=345&q=85&sig=7gcaVo.z9W1N4iJMWAtnkQ--

fund razor
01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Is it inappropriate to make an Andrew Zimmern joke on this thread?

glassdave
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
OK . .. i had to google Andrew Zimmern . . . lol . . . :D . . . cary on

Buoy
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
OK . .. i had to google Andrew Zimmern . . . lol . . . :D . . . cary on

Me too.:ack2:

phragle
01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility near Richmond southwest of Houston.

Main Entry: jest·er
Pronunciation: \ˈjes-tər\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : fool 2a
2 : one given to jests

how fitting a name..

Buoy
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
John, It looks like your Av is listing to port a bit.

Buoy
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I think I just hi-jacked my own thread.

Perlmudder
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
one ugly mofo!

Bobcat
01-09-2009, 11:54 PM
please stick with anthony bourdain

Buoy
01-10-2009, 09:40 AM
What do you guys do?? Sit around watching food network all day?:dupe:

Maybe the gross part is that he ate it raw.
Had it been deep fried, it may be an altogether different story.

Madpoodle
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Just another reason to ban cable tv in our prisons..

TEAMBAJA
01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Why why why do we pay to keep people like this alive on death row?? I will pay for the bullet to put him down.

glassdave
01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
yep, they need to pick a date for that guy . . . quick.

DollaBill
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Thats the guy you want to go out drinking with! Holy bat sh!t

RPM
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
That's just sick... When I was in my early teens we used to have bb gun fights and one of my freinds got shot in the eye...It wasn't me who shot him.. but I will tell you this.. It was one of the grossest things I had seen at that point of my life.. I was amazed at all the colored fluids and the quantity of fluid that poured from his eye at the point of impact.. That being said I couldn't imagine someone pulling their own out and eating it. As if what this sob did to his family wasn't sick enough.. I agree w/ Teambaja...the amount of $$$$$ it takes to keep this waste of space alive in prison is ridiculous... Do away with them and let God sort them out..

Buoy
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Thats the guy you want to go out drinking with! Holy bat sh!t

As sick as that thought is - I gaurantee it would be an unforgettable night.

Buoy
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Why why why do we pay to keep people like this alive on death row?? I will pay for the bullet to put him down.

I'll volunteer to pull the trigger.

Sea-Dated
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow.....

I am not sure what else to say.....

fund razor
01-10-2009, 06:34 PM
John, It looks like your Av is listing to port a bit.
The photographer was listing. :D
Hi WMF. :sifone:

fund razor
01-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I like Anthony Bourdain. He is freaking hilarious.

Just a guy travelling with a credit card... and a liquor budget.
Like DollaBill. :D

phragle
01-11-2009, 06:03 AM
That's just sick... When I was in my early teens we used to have bb gun fights and one of my freinds got shot in the eye...It wasn't me who shot him.. but I will tell you this.. It was one of the grossest things I had seen at that point of my life.. I was amazed at all the colored fluids and the quantity of fluid that poured from his eye at the point of impact.. That being said I couldn't imagine someone pulling their own out and eating it. As if what this sob did to his family wasn't sick enough.. I agree w/ Teambaja...the amount of $$$$$ it takes to keep this waste of space alive in prison is ridiculous... Do away with them and let God sort them out..

was the offending weapon the infamous daisy red ryder??

Bobcat
01-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I like Anthony Bourdain. He is freaking hilarious.

Just a guy travelling with a credit card... and a liquor budget.
Like DollaBill. :D

he is funny as hell and is always loaded

fund razor
01-11-2009, 08:56 AM
he is funny as hell and is always loaded Yes, Bill is funny as hell and always loaded. :D

Bobcat
01-11-2009, 09:19 AM
:rofl::rofl:

RPM
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
was the offending weapon the infamous daisy red ryder??

Do you remember the ones that looked like an M-16 that you could pump up twenty times.... that was the offending weapon... But yes unfortunatly I was the one with the red ryder...You could only give it one pump. It was almost like going to a gun fight with a knife.

Bobcat
01-11-2009, 12:19 PM
nice avitar !:)