PDA

View Full Version : 1/6/09- Jennifur Molter

MarylandMark
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
BobTheBuilder, FMO crew and the rest that have been involved-

I apologize I didn't make it on 1/6 to give you all a pat on the back (above the belt!) for all the wonderful things you have done and continue to do for Jennifur!!

Good job - you all are true ambassadors of the sport!!

Bobthebuilder
01-10-2009, 03:34 PM
BobTheBuilder, FMO crew and the rest that have been involved-

I apologize I didn't make it on 1/6 to give you all a pat on the back (above the belt!) for all the wonderful things you have done and continue to do for Jennifur!!

Good job - you all are true ambassadors of the sport!!

Thank you Mark. And thank you to the many here who contributed to help this young girl have a chance in life. For those not familiar with who Jennifur Molter is, in brief she lost her mother, sister, brother, and future brother-in-law in a tragic offshore boating accident off Marco Island in January 2007. Jennifer was the only one to survive. Our FMO club took an interest in her and set out to help her achieve her dream of one day attending college. With our help and many here she is now coming to realize that dream. We all can be very proud of this. Thank you to all who have helped to make this possible.:)

I will share with you some of the content in a letter she recently wrote me:

I am doing great in school! I LOVE IT! yes, I am going to
school for interior design. I started one class there last semester to
see how i like it and its definitely what I want to do with my life. I
thank you so much for everything you have done for me. If it wasnt for
you and your help I wouldnt be in school right now and I wouldnt be
able to pursue my career in interior design!

I took Intro to design and color and got a 97% in the class. my
teacher went over all my work with me and let me know I am doing great
and shes very impressed with my work. she says i have a natural talent
for this career. i am so passionate about it. 16 of my credits
transferred from edison so now i have 20 credits towards my associates
in interior design. I am planning on staying in school until i have my
bachelors. I need 96 credits to recieve my associates.

In a year and a half I will have a portfolio and i will be able to show
you all my work. The teacher kept my projects that I did in the class I
already took to use as examples for new students. This semester I am
taking Intro to CAD, college success, and architectural design and
drafting.

I will keep you updated. Hope you have a happy new year!! Thank you for
everything Bob!

RPM
01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow!! That's awesome that you guys came together to make that happen for her.

FastTimes
01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
WoW,,, great job to all involved!

RACESDAD
01-11-2009, 12:19 AM
god bless you guys. great stuff.

Wrinkleface
01-11-2009, 02:18 AM
2 Bob & all involved, Hats off 2 U folks 4 your generosity, sincerity & integrity in help'n this young woman in a tough world!! The world needs alot more of that understanding!

MarylandMark
01-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Pretty awesome dude, pretty awesome.

Told ya'll Floridians them Canucks ain't that bad! :sifone:

dykstra
01-11-2009, 02:50 PM
way cool

jayboat
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
For those of you who maybe didn't see them, here are a few photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jay2boat/sets/72157602334624385/) from that day.

Lots of folks deserve thanks and credit for everything that happened that day, but the fact is it never would have happened without Bob Barnhart. He is one of a kind.

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
god bless you guys. great stuff.

Really

That is awesome

Airpacker
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Bob Barnhart. He is one of a kind.

Whew, thats a relief :26::26:

Naw, seriously, Bob done good, real good. Now, if he'll just adopt me :)

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 01:33 PM
:cheers2:

Spicy
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Good Stuff..... I'm very pleased to hear Jennifur is doing great!!!

Bobthebuilder
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
:cheers2:

Mark, I expect you brought this thread back since it is 3 years ago today that Jennifer lost her mother, sister, brother and future brother in law in that tragic boating accident.
This is probably a good time to give everyone an update on how she is doing. I did not get to see her during my most recent trip to Marco / Naples but we did exchange e mails. We ( the trustees, Hans and myself ) are concerned about Jennifer. Her health has not been good and she says she has lost a lot of weight. She is only a tiny girl to start with. She says she is really stressed out most of the time. Some of the stress may be related to paying bills etc. She took the last semester off school to write a book. She has three chapters to go to finish it. She is still working part time to pay for the editing. She does plan on returning to school and says regaining her health is a priority.
Her trust fund is in great shape financially and the money is there when she does return to school. We as trustees feel we need to understand better some things about her situation and how we can best help her. Hopefully when we report next it will be much more upbeat like previous times.
This girl has been through a lot.
Bob

Maximus
01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice work boy's . It's what it's all about.

BRD
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Good job guys !

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Mark, I expect you brought this thread back since it is 3 years ago today that Jennifer lost her mother, sister, brother and future brother in law in that tragic boating accident.

Just giving credit where credit is due. Your generosity and good deeds shouldn't go unrecognized just because 3 years have passed. Today, a day that was just another day for most of the world, was the same day that changed Jennifur's life forever. You in particular, along with others stepped up to the plate and I feel you should be recognized and honored for that.

I hope your next update is more upbeat as well. God forbid things go south for her, however if they do, you must know you've given her a much, much better chance at life than she ever would have had without you involved!

BobbyB
01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Great Job Guys.

customryder
01-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Bob .. your the MAN..!

SinkinFastR
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
It really is a great thing you have done Bob. A class act all the way!!!

Sean Stinson
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Good job guys.......you are the true ambassadors of our great pasttime!!!!!

Bobthebuilder
01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys. I'm sure we are just doing what any of you would do under the circumstances. Once again I would like say thank you to so many here that made a contribution towards giving this young girl a chance at life. I know it has made a difference. I see good hearted people here on SOS on a regular basis ready to step up and do what they can for various causes. Great to see.
Again, thanks, :)
Bob