PDA

View Full Version : Couple ques for my winter projects

BDiggity
01-02-2009, 12:09 AM
1. Wife wants to do away w/ the wood finish on berth table & also ice chest (which means the door trim too). Any suggestions? White would probably be the safest color choice, but dont know how to finish.

2. I want to remove the current transom brass water dumps for the Gil exhausts. I think i found some on cpperformance, "Dual 3/4" NPT Polished Stainless Water Discharge Fitting". Does that sound like the right item?

3. Going to replace the pitot too. Looking at pics i took, seems it has a 1/8" pitot to a 1/4" adapter back to a 1/8" hose fitting. Not sure what the previous owners did. Besides fittings, does it make a difference on hose size? the current hose is brittle so i was going to replace it anyway. Is 1/8" the normal size?

4. What would you call these things? (see attached pic). Going to put new ones on & will call Cig next week to see if i can just buy them w/out the rest of boat attached.

phragle
01-02-2009, 12:40 AM
step plates

Seafordguy
01-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Regards #1 - I have seen pictures of people who have had the wood trim redone in white fiberglass. I think that is your best bet. The table and the cooler top looked really nice in the few pictures I have seen, some with Cig Logo's emblazoned in them, etc....

I dont think you will be happy with the results of it being painted.

Seafordguy
01-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Regards #1 - I have seen pictures of people who have had the wood trim redone in white fiberglass. I think that is your best bet. The table and the cooler top looked really nice in the few pictures I have seen, some with Cig Logo's emblazoned in them, etc....

Attached Picture - This belongs to member BaronMarine - Hope he doesn't mind.....

BDiggity
01-02-2009, 10:33 AM

i guess i can put down my cans of spray paint then. :26: yeah i was thinking of some veneer finish but didnt know what was all out there. The ice box lid has to remain very near the same outer dimensions tho so it still fits properly. How thick is fiberglass?

Seafordguy
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
i guess i can put down my cans of spray paint then. :26: yeah i was thinking of some veneer finish but didnt know what was all out there. The ice box lid has to remain very near the same outer dimensions tho so it still fits properly. How thick is fiberglass?

I have contempleted taking the old lid to a glass guy and just having him make a mold of it and then making the glassed top an exact fit. Not sure of the cost of something like that, but I have seen a lot of the old TG's and Cafe's with those lids - maybe someone can chime in that has done it??

OldSchool
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
One word.....Plastic!!!! Alot of the older Cigs have had the teak replaced with plastic (Lexan). I know that LipShip has done a bunch, but I'm not sure if there is a kit for it. Give him a call.

I have the white lexan step plates on my boat. there are rubber strips in them spaced about every 3/4 inch to keep the slip factor down.

Seafordguy
01-02-2009, 02:08 PM
One word.....Plastic!!!! Alot of the older Cigs have had the teak replaced with plastic (Lexan). I know that LipShip has done a bunch, but I'm not sure if there is a kit for it. Give him a call.

I have the white lexan step plates on my boat. there are rubber strips in them spaced about every 3/4 inch to keep the slip factor down.

That is probably what the ones I have seen are.....

BDiggity
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM

i had the lexan step plates too but both cracked so i removed them. thats why i want to replace w/ what they are using on new models.

Tank
01-02-2009, 04:01 PM
i had the lexan step plates too but both cracked so i removed them. thats why i want to replace w/ what they are using on new models.

Michele (Mickey) and I had custom billet ones made through www.westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com Kevin (the owner) can powder coat or polish them and he can inlay them with the rubber inserts.

The lexan wood replacement is cool but if you're planning on Lip=Ship doing it, Phil needs the boat there. There's no pre-made kits.

Pic of our steps:

Tank
01-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Kevin also did a billet glove box with "born on 188th st." emblem in it. Also got me the chrome extinguishers and billet holders.

BDiggity
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
thanks, their plates were half the price as Cigarettes. & they have that swim platform i like, but thats gonna have to wait.

wild thang
01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I would be interested in buying your teak cooler lid. Mine was missing when I bought my boat. After you decide call me @ 252-339-4560

thanks
Harvey

baronmarine
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Attached Picture - This belongs to member BaronMarine - Hope he doesn't mind.....

Sea: i must say i about fell out of my chair when i first saw that pic. i love the whiteout look. and i don't have the pillows anymore. lol. btw i don't mind a bit.

todd

tommymonza
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Sea: i must say i about fell out of my chair when i first saw that pic. i love the whiteout look. and i don't have the pillows anymore. lol. btw i don't mind a bit.

todd

Sweet pillows Fruitloop :eek:

What did you do take them out of the boat so you can roll around in bed with them:sifone:

Kool-Aid Man
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
So who's got pics of the Lexon around the the cabin door where it use to be wood? I've gotta get rid of mine as well!

Zero Patience
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Lip Ship can fix you up. However, the wood is tough and can take the flex of hard rough water runs. The lexan will break if the boat moves any. Seen it happen on the way back from the Bahamas two different times on a Cafe.

Quinlan
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Kevin also did a billet glove box with "born on 188th st." emblem in it. Also got me the chrome extinguishers and billet holders.

Tank where did you get the BORN ON emblem ?

CRT
02-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Here is a shot of the front of my '93. Wood gone.

Tank
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Tank where did you get the BORN ON emblem ?

Kevin at West coast offshore unlimited found them. Then he built the glove box around it. It's pretty trick the way he did it and though I can't remember the exact price, I know it wasn't too bad.

By the way, I actually like the wood in our cabin and around the entrance. I always loved the Playboys wood floors too.

baronmarine
02-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Sweet pillows Fruitloop :eek:

What did you do take them out of the boat so you can roll around in bed with them:sifone:

thats funny. but they are at the cottage now. the kids are always beating each other with them.
btw i was on the phone when you called, you know its called work. lol.

todd

BDiggity
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Here is a shot of the front of my '93. Wood gone.

I'll have to get pics, but i had the entry door trim wood wrapped in foam & vinyl, similiar to what havasu's (cant think of screen name) did w/ is cafe.

Now having West Cost Offshore make the entry floor trim pieces out of billet. I will then get those powdercoated.

The table & chest will have to wait. Things coming along slowly, but making progress.

First Gun
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Here is a couple of shots of the step plates PPI built for my gun...affordable too.:)

BDiggity
02-21-2010, 09:37 PM
those look nice. are they lexan or billet?

First Gun
02-22-2010, 10:54 AM
They are Acrylic and come unpainted in the grooves so you can customize to your needs and run around $200ish for the pair.