PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a good day to have lunch in Key West

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Winds have died down and looks like a nice day to head down to Key West for lunch. 100 miles straight shot across the Gulf. Zach Taylor and his family will accompany us in his 50' OL cat. Back to Marco in time for dinner.
I will post a few pics this evening on our return. :)
Bob

Slandrew
12-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Gulf side must be nice and flat??

Davidmnc
12-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I want to be you

txriverrat2001
12-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Must be nice!!! Have a safe trip!!

B.Z.
12-30-2008, 03:14 PM
My Brother left from Miami in a 42ft Sea Ray yesterday and they where hopeing for nice water. They are heading to Key West for New Years Eve......Hope it woks out for them.....BZ

Perlmudder
12-30-2008, 05:03 PM
sounds like a really fun day!

Bobcat
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
there is about an extra hundred thousand people down here right now, so I imagine it was a bit crowded at lunch !

Ratickle
12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
there is about an extra hundred thousand people down here right now, so I imagine it was a bit crowded at lunch !

You sure you weren't seeing double again?

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Another incredible day on the water. I got an e mail from GLH as we idled out this morning saying the wind was blowing 15 knots out of the ENE. The first 25 miles were fine, then the seas began to build. Ran in 3 to 5's most of the way after that but no problem for our boats. Got into KW harbor in 2 hrs and when we came off plane one of Zach's black 1200 mtrs quit and would not restart. Left it there and gets picked up in the morning. Hope it is ready for our New Years Day fun run. We had lunch at the Conch Republic and all 13 of us piled in the Nor Tech and headed for Marco via Hawk Channel, Marathon, north across Florida Bay and up the west coast. Worked real well an did not see any seas over 2 ft. Great ride back arriving just before dark. :)

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Saw Steve Knight at the Galleon in the 80 NT about 1 PM then he shows up 2 hrs later in his 43 NT cat pictured here. Very nice. :)

inbetween
12-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Another incredible day on the water. I got an e mail from GLH as we idled out this morning saying the wind was blowing 15 knots out of the ENE. The first 25 miles were fine, then the seas began to build. Ran in 3 to 5's most of the way after that but no problem for our boats. Got into KW harbor in 2 hrs and when we came off plane one of Zach's black 1200 mtrs quit and would not restart. Left it there and gets picked up in the morning. Hope it is ready for our New Years Day fun run. We had lunch at the Conch Republic and all 13 of us piled in the Nor Tech and headed for Marco via Hawk Channel, Marathon, north across Florida Bay and up the west coast. Worked real well an did not see any seas over 2 ft. Great ride back arriving just before dark. :)

Sounds like, for the most part, a great day on the water!

Racegirl3
12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Im jealous :)

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
End of another great day on the water. :) Got back just before dark.

Bob

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM

I think your estimate is about right, Bobcat. Very busy. Not a slip to be had for Zach's boat in either Key West or Garrison Bight. Had to go down to King's Point ( former Oceanside ).

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Im jealous :)

Hey, darlin. No need to be jealous. you know there is a seat for you anytime ! :)

Ratickle
12-30-2008, 10:24 PM
End of another great day on the water. :) Got back just before dark.

Bob

Oh sure, rub it in. I think I'll send you a big chunk of ice.:)

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM
My Brother left from Miami in a 42ft Sea Ray yesterday and they where hopeing for nice water. They are heading to Key West for New Years Eve......Hope it woks out for them.....BZ

Hey, Bob. The nicest part of the ride was the Hawk Channel. Just a nice soft roll to it. I expect your brother had a great ride as well. Hope he had reservations as everything seemed to be full in Key West. No sign of a recession there.
Bob

Bobthebuilder
12-30-2008, 10:31 PM

Hey, no need to do that RT. Lots of ice waiting for me when I head back north on the 7th !!

Bobcat
12-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I think your estimate is about right, Bobcat. Very busy. Not a slip to be had for Zach's boat in either Key West or Garrison Bight. Had to go down to King's Point ( former Oceanside ).

we are working at the Key West airport, ran short of materials, ( t-nails ) took us 30 minutes to get to home depot,(normally 5 minutes .they don't sell them) looked at the traffic to get downtown to manley-deboer (lumber /hardware) and said what a good day to go drink beer and work on the boat which we did,very successful boat day ( and the beer wasn't bad) how important is the airport anyway?:biggrinjester:

Ratickle
12-30-2008, 10:34 PM
we are working at the Key West airport how important is the airport anyway?:biggrinjester:

Don't you want some of them to leave? They'll need the airport done.

Bobcat
12-30-2008, 11:07 PM
It's the new part, elevator shafts, they have ramps for petes sake

Bobcat
12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
the new bar is cool, I'll try to get some pics

Ratickle
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
It's the new part, elevator shafts, they have ramps for petes sake

What about everybody else besides Pete?

B.Z.
12-31-2008, 04:41 AM
Hey, Bob. The nicest part of the ride was the Hawk Channel. Just a nice soft roll to it. I expect your brother had a great ride as well. Hope he had reservations as everything seemed to be full in Key West. No sign of a recession there.
Bob

Cool thanx, they are staying @ the Galleon if you or Zach needs any help with the cat let me know I can call him he is right there.....I talked to him yesterday and they said everything so far was awsome...BZ

Airpacker
12-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey Bob....................................................YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bobcat
12-31-2008, 08:32 AM
canadian on canadian violence has got to stop!:sifone:

catastrophe
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Bobs runnin around with 13 people cruisin the islands at sunset while I'm chasin 136 trucks around Toronto removing snow in the middle of the night.

I'm with AIRPACKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I get real old like Bob I hope to have his life.

Happy New Year buddy. I wish you all the best.
Hope to see you at the boat show next week.
We'll be showing lots of pics and vids of CANADA'S SUPERSTAR.

Our booth will be the one with everybody standing around saying " Boy I wish I was that guy!!"

No one promotes the sport and lifestyle of Offshore Boating more than our BOBTHEBUILDER.

Sea-Dated
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Looks like a wonderful day.

I am jealous but glad someone can enjoy it......

Ms PatriYacht
12-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Glad you had a great day, it also shows you what a good idea it is to travel with more then one boat. Happy New Year:cheers2: enjoy your run tomorrow

phragle
12-31-2008, 03:02 PM
we are working at the Key West airport, ran short of materials, ( t-nails ) took us 30 minutes to get to home depot,(normally 5 minutes .they don't sell them) looked at the traffic to get downtown to manley-deboer (lumber /hardware) and said what a good day to go drink beer and work on the boat which we did,very successful boat day ( and the beer wasn't bad) how important is the airport anyway?:biggrinjester:

Does the thought of Bobcat and airport scare anyone else besides me??

03darkshadow
12-31-2008, 03:42 PM

just dont fly directly to KW

Ratickle
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM

I'm never flying into Key West again.:ack2: I'll drive or fly from now on.:26:

Scarab KV
12-31-2008, 05:59 PM

Why send it when you could deliver it in person? :sifone:

Ratickle
12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Why send it when you could deliver it in person? :sifone:

I like that plan. Maybe at the Miami boat show.:)

Ratickle
01-01-2009, 09:14 AM
It would be more attention getting, and a better statement, than delivering it in Canada when he's home.

Scarab KV
01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
It would be more attention getting, and a better statement, than delivering it in Canada when he's home.

Not to mention a great excuse to go south. :sifone: