PDA

View Full Version : Image Of The Week: Qatar Mystic Catamaran Flashback

Speed on the Water
09-25-2020, 12:03 PM
Last seen in all its glory at the 2014 Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, Al Adaa’am 96 will be back on the water—if only for a test session on Florida's Lake Monroe—later this year, https://www.speedonthewater.com/image-of-the-week-qatar-mystic-catamaran-flashback/

Ratickle
09-26-2020, 04:23 PM
"set an untouchable record"

Once again I don't agree. I remember when you did the story on how, after they shortened the course, almost no records would ever be broken again. I disagreed then, and I will disagree now.

All it takes is for someone with the drive and the money to go do it. Either hire it to be done. or have the knowledge to do it yourself. The big Vee's have proven that with the Parvey's and Factory Billet.

Heck, whoever is buying the boat from Steve may decide to go do it themselves. Talk to Steve about what that boat is capable of with a bit of tweaking. I don't believe 3/4 of a mile is that big of a hindrance to the current 1 mile best. Horsepower certainly isn't the issue.

fund razor
09-26-2020, 07:03 PM
I thought "untouchable" meant that subsequent to Big Ethanol cheating the start, no records would be broken again.

Ratickle
09-28-2020, 11:46 PM
Well, maybe. But I doubt it......:sifone:

fund razor
02-25-2024, 07:35 PM
Maybe "untouchable" means Qatar will never be held accountable.