PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects

Spicy
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Every winter I do something to upgrade or fix something on the boat....

Yesterday Tantra, Jay and my buddy Tim from Stevens Upholstery and myself took the 400SS cockpit interior out for some fresh skins on my boat....you dont realize how many pieces there are when you start unbolting all the cushions.... it should look nice, looking forward to boating season!!!

What is your winter project?

Pat

Love Machine
12-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Cleaning out all the mold in my ac/heat unit. :(

Offshoredrillin
12-27-2008, 11:05 AM
the tiger is going to Tims this weekend. I will be calling him in about an hour.:D

Spicy
12-27-2008, 11:08 AM
the tiger is going to Tims this weekend. I will be calling him in about an hour.:D

we were discussing yesterday his winter work load and he said he was doing two Cigs this winter didnt realize your's was one of them.... very cool Rob.

Offshoredrillin
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
we were discussing yesterday his winter work load and he said he was doing two Cigs this winter didnt realize yours was one of them.... very cool Rob.
yea I'm excited. we were holding off till the shop thing got straightened out. seems the landlord got a lil nervous when Tim told him see ya. I'll be picking up the tiger at Dave's later today. have to see if it is going to the shop, or his house.

Spicy
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
yea I'm excited. we were holding off till the shop thing got straightened out. seems the landlord got a lil nervous when Tim told him see ya. I'll be picking up the tiger at Dave's later today. have to see if it is going to the shop, or his house.

He built years ago the shop at his house which is huge, he does good work!!! Ask Timmy today how he got my front bolster seat out??? We laughed at him for 20 minutes straight!!!!

Offshoredrillin
12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
He built years ago the shop at his house which is huge, he does good work!!! Ask Timmy today how he got my front bolster seat out??? We laughed at him for 20 minutes straight!!!!
lol, sounds like he wound up on his ass...I will ask. It doesn't matter to me where he takes it, sounds like he really wants to make the move to the house. He can keep it all winter, drives wont go back on until early april.

Spicy
12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
lol, sounds like he wound up on his ass...I will ask. It doesn't matter to me where he takes it, sounds like he really wants to make the move to the house. He can keep it all winter, drives wont go back on until early april.

My buddy ownes the TS Top Gun next to your Tiger, I went down to Dave's on Saturday and helped him load it up to take to his house to clean it up before the winter cover went on......

Sea-Dated
12-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Take before and after pices....

BobbyB
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I am just working on getting myself better so i can boat next summer:):)

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I am just working on getting myself better so i can boat next summer:):)

Me too, Heal and work out to get ready to race in March.

Guys not many things can make you as happy as a new interior.

Happy New Year.

Wrinkleface
12-29-2008, 09:19 PM

Rob, what ya have'n done???????:)

fast fun 2
12-29-2008, 10:15 PM
More power for the Avanti.
Carpet,backseat for the Challenger.

Ratickle
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Me too, Heal and work out to get ready to race in March.

Guys not many things can make you as happy as a new interior.

Happy New Year.

You are on too many drugs. The list making me happier than a new interior would be as long as your Ho posting last night.:):)

Quinlan
12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Got new upholstry in the cockpit of the 43 Portifino, Just need to install. Took the new (to me) CIG out for a run yesterday!! There are a FEW things it needs LIKE MORE GAS!!! O YEA!!! Come on Global Warming
Quinlan

off roading
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Been sitting on this one for a couple years. 1996 fountain 42'. 500 with bravos. Replacing complete wiring, paint, interior, motors and drives with arnesons.

rockfish71
01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Need to finish my repower going from 330hp to 580hp+ last year was tough had a new one in the family and had not much time to do anything but feeding and changing diapers all summer.

off roading
01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
stepping up to 900 hp's

off roading
01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Don't know how the arnesons are going to work. got them as low as i can without filling step. will adjust lower next year if i have to. there are still 2" above bottom , but are 52" from back. the firgures i think are for every foot off transom the water rises 1" . just in testing mode now.

Ratickle
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't know how the arnesons are going to work. got them as low as i can without filling step. will adjust lower next year if i have to. there are still 2" above bottom , but are 52" from back. the firgures i think are for every foot off transom the water rises 1" . just in testing mode now.

Send a PM to Rik at Arneson. He may have the answers, and anything else, you need. If you look him up in the member list there will be a link to his website at arneson.

Other than that, put a thread in the Fountain section and see if anyone else has tried this.

Looks like a very interesting project. Keep us informed. And welcome.

off roading
01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Been talking to for often seen him at miami boat show and in key west in nov.

jet
01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
hey I know that boat lol

Rik
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
stepping up to 900 hp's

Hey... PROGRESS. Now all you need is to get them off the floor.

Spicy
01-23-2009, 12:50 PM

I saw this dirty a$$ Tiger with no drives, bilge full of oil and fluids and no Interior yesterday...... Coming right along Rob!!!! :26: :rofl: :seeya:

Offshoredrillin
01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I saw this dirty a$$ Tiger with no drives, bilge full of oil and fluids and no Interior yesterday...... Coming right along Rob!!!! :26: :rofl: :seeya:
bilge full of oil? oh no, it should be clean. I cleaned it and then dave winterized it.. thanks for the pics... :D

Spicy
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
bilge full of oil? oh no, it should be clean. I cleaned it and then dave winterized it.. thanks for the pics... :D

First day with my new BlackBerry so I thought I would snap a picture or three, not as clear as I would like but shop is a little dark as well as it is only a camera phone!!! Brandon was sewing away on it yesterday afternoon.... Picture 3 is all your old vinyl... He has quit a few projects in there now, Art Lilly just gave him a few boats along with his sons 12 Meter... Mine is next supposedly??

BTW, no fluids in the bilge, just wanted to see if you were paying attention!!!

Offshoredrillin
01-23-2009, 01:19 PM
First day with my new BlackBerry so I thought I would snap a picture or three, not as clear as I would like but shop is a little dark as well as it is only a camera phone!!! Brandon was sewing away on it yesterday afternoon.... Picture 3 is all your old vinyl... He has quit a few projects in there now, Art Lilly just gave him a few boats along with his sons 12 Meter... Mine is next supposedly??

BTW, no fluids in the bilge, just wanted to see if you were paying attention!!!

;), i always pay attention, cept when drinkin. did you get the new storm? I looked at em but im not sure yet. once it's done there It will sit till the gears get back from treatment then off to daves, then to play in Miami for the race...:26:

45Sonic
01-23-2009, 04:55 PM
New canvas for the Searay and probably be installing new flooring in the salon area as well.

Sonic is getting some new parts installed and possibly some paintwork on the deck.

off roading
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Got the boat started to paint. engine bay and cockpit painted.deck started thanks to glassdave for cutting patterns for me.

J-Bonz
01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Got the boat started to paint. engine bay and cockpit painted.deck started thanks to glassdave for cutting patterns for me.

Looks great so far!!

dykstra
01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Looks great so far!!

agreed:sifone:

BradB
01-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Looks good but who spelled fountain wrong!!:biggrinjester:

jet
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
don't be shy heres some more pics of the 42

Big Time
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Rebuilding my 525 and replacing everything! Going to have a new engine next year!

Spicy
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
this was last winters thread.... I have a whole new list to do for the winter of 2010!!!.

Geronimo36
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Refresh bottom end and new heads on port side engine with 250 hrs. The other one was done late last year so they'll both be fresh in 2010!.

Engine is half way together already!

Dude! Sweet!
12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
don't be shy heres some more pics of the 42

Wow, that boat looks great! Did he get it into the water this year?

jet
12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
no not yet still have a tidy little (big) punch list to hit lol

L-V
12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Will have new Brad Smith Power for 2010, motors where pulled yesturday! "Merry Christmas to me"