PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing upgrades for 2009

HOTROD2
12-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Any body building or buying new stuff for 2009?????? (add pic's)

Sea-Dated
12-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Only hoping to upgrade my income...... :sifone:

Wrinkleface
12-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Only hoping to upgrade my income...... :sifone:

that would b good 2 help put more gas in the boat!!!:sifone:

old377guy
12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for approval from the financial oversight department

Tom A.
12-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Just adding a color GPS to the dash, moving the stereo, and adding an electric engine hatch ram. I may add some LED lighting to the cockpit and transom....:sifone:

Jammin'
12-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm hoping to actually get the boat off the trailer so I can upgrade the trailer:sifone:.

Geronimo36
12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Recoated the bolster frames, that's done already (Thanks Billy)... If I get a bug up my azz I might have the bow rail recoated and maybe even a new set of rings/bearings/heads on the other engine but I might go another year since I wont be using it much next year anyway.....

Lets check back in in February/March after the winter blues have set in and I have the whole friggin boat apart again..... ;)

HOTROD2
12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Looks like a new 32" flat screen will be installed since my wife got me one for Christmas. Now, how to mount it?????

JB4Boyne
12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Hotrod, Forget about the upgrades. U should be thinking of ways to plant more flowers to keep me in business ;)

Tommy Gun
12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I upgraded my GPS and added some LED in the bilge and UW. Took the mufflers off and added some nice Corsa tips.

BenPerfected
12-26-2008, 07:52 PM
We are changing the trailer brakes this winter from 2-axle drum to 3-axle disc. This is on a 10,500 tri-axle aluminum trailer. The drum set up has worked pretty well since 1994. The goal is to move the stopping power from ok to very good. Guts, feathers and all should be about $1200 in parts.
We am also installing a new intercom system using Piratecom components (may sell my 3 sets of black Tiger headsets-interested?). This should give us crew communication along with iPOD and cell phone interface in a simple plug and play set up. I'll post some pic's of the progress and results on each project.
Last project is a little bottom work...GlassDave?

Ratickle
12-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks like a new 32" flat screen will be installed since my wife got me one for Christmas. Now, how to mount it?????

You're a professional welder, what's the problem?:)

Geronimo36
12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
We are changing the trailer brakes this winter from 2-axle drum to 3-axle disc. This is on a 10,500 tri-axle aluminum trailer. The drum set up has worked pretty well since 1994. The goal is to move the stopping power from ok to very good. Guts, feathers and all should be about $1200 in parts.

If it's not too much trouble, could you send me some of the info of where you bought the parts from etc.? I have 3 wheel drum but everything needs to be re-done including master cylinder and wheel cylinders so I may as well switch to disk.

Great, another project... lol

Thanks!

Frank

BenPerfected
12-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Here are two good places to start. www.easternmarine.com and www.championtrailers.com. I ended up with the Kodiak S-CAD disc brakes. I got most of my hard brake lines and fittings from other places as the "kits" as offered are designed around one size fits all vs a custom fit. I will have some pictures and more install details in a few weeks. I got all my parts except three short hard brake lines and the fittings at these two dealers.
The more I got involved, the more I wasn't impressed with the factory rigging. Except for the main brake line from the MC, I am replacing the entire system. I also decided it was good time to just replace my Dico/Titan 10 master cylinder vs. rebuilding. You will also need a blocking or bleeding solonoid and a flex line at each caliper with the conversion to disc brakes.
I am also going to use the Buddy Bearing axle seal kits as I already have the SPINDLE - LUBEŽ spindles. These seal kits gives you a new "speedi-seal" type cover and a flat surface axle seal. We have had good success these seals.
If you are launching in salt water, the whole Buddy Bearing type system might be worth the investment. The Spindle-Lube or Buddy Bearing system also allows you to not have to hand pack the bearings. Just install dry and pump in the new grease.

Therapy Session
12-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Holes are cut for the new JL audio speakers and also just got in the billet speaker covers from Rons custom billet

Therapy Session
12-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Also put in jumper box and some cockpit lighting

Therapy Session
12-27-2008, 12:40 AM
lighting

h2oMag
12-27-2008, 01:43 AM

This 43' Cary [Ike victim] I had shipped back to Michigan from Texas will need more than a flat screen Tv !!!!

searaycer
12-27-2008, 03:47 AM
upgrading jobs for 09, and picked up the sea ray distributor cap and drove a chris craft underneath of it

Griff
12-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Adding 4 more speakers in a couple months.
My 8 yr old trying out the new throttles.

Ratickle
12-27-2008, 08:43 AM
This 43' Cary [Ike victim] I had shipped back to Michigan from Texas will need more than a flat screen Tv !!!!

I didn't know Cary made a 43. Is that the same as what everyone calls a 45?

Offshoredrillin
12-27-2008, 09:20 AM
New cockpit and sunpad vinyl for the Tiger as well as going through both drives. the 20 is still plugging along, have to get some more parts for it, in the next week or so. gps, batt switch, switches, stereo...etc.

OldSchool
12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
I got a Piratecom intercom system that I need to install and my swim platform is getting re-powdercoated. That's all for us! :) Come on spring!!!!!!!

Geronimo36
12-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Here are two good places to start. www.easternmarine.com and www.championtrailers.com. I ended up with the Kodiak S-CAD disc brakes. I got most of my hard brake lines and fittings from other places as the "kits" as offered are designed around one size fits all vs a custom fit. I will have some pictures and more install details in a few weeks. I got all my parts except three short hard brake lines and the fittings at these two dealers.
The more I got involved, the more I wasn't impressed with the factory rigging. Except for the main brake line from the MC, I am replacing the entire system. I also decided it was good time to just replace my Dico/Titan 10 master cylinder vs. rebuilding. You will also need a blocking or bleeding solonoid and a flex line at each caliper with the conversion to disc brakes.
I am also going to use the Buddy Bearing axle seal kits as I already have the SPINDLE - LUBEŽ spindles. These seal kits gives you a new "speedi-seal" type cover and a flat surface axle seal. We have had good success these seals.
If you are launching in salt water, the whole Buddy Bearing type system might be worth the investment. The Spindle-Lube or Buddy Bearing system also allows you to not have to hand pack the bearings. Just install dry and pump in the new grease.

Thanks for the info!

As a matter of fact, I have the bearing buddy system and like it a lot. Their customer service is also very good! I usually get things shipped from their factory in Puerto Rico (or some island country like that) in 2 days, sometimes less.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... Putting in a 15 amp battery charger system for overnight stays on the boat at the marina's we travel too etc...

Chris
12-27-2008, 11:08 AM

I saw that boat on Ebay and actually thought about taking a shot on it. Any surprises?

glassdave
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
I saw that boat on Ebay and actually thought about taking a shot on it. Any surprises?

:eek: it wont fit . . . .

looks like a cool boat though, like the Arnesons:cool:

Offshoredrillin
12-27-2008, 11:15 AM
:eek: it wont fit . . . .

looks like a cool though, like the Arnesons:D

lol, get back to work... oh and check out the pole thing for the switches so I can get them ordered.

Airpacker
12-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Several things but mainly this. Blown, injected, intercooled 540

Bobcat
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
thinking about upgrading the toilet paper, the boat is a 1968, I think the paper is oem

Ratickle
12-27-2008, 11:24 AM
thinking about upgrading the toilet paper, the boat is a 1968, I think the paper is oem

I keep telling you, even though you bury it in the litter, you should still wipe.:dupe:

Bobcat
12-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I just won't listen.

runninhotracing
12-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Dry sump #6s , new power plants, Throttle up props ,Huber trans, some re-riggin,new intercom system,some paint re design & re-clear ...:seeya:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Spicy
12-27-2008, 11:58 AM
New Cockpit interior for my 400SS.....

4mulafastech
12-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Here is a minor upgrade I did to my 292 for 2009. Nice little Christmas gift!:)

Break'inWind
12-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Just took delivery a little ways back... '09 Deckboat from Domn8er powered by an Ilmor. Now we just need to get rid of all this white $hit on the ground and get a little warmer weather.

Velocity Kid
12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Im repowering with a new Steve Schimdt 434 small block chevy with a 4 stage dry sump oil system this year along with a new custom headers I built and a new drive.

h2oMag
12-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I didn't know Cary made a 43. Is that the same as what everyone calls a 45?

They only made the 43' for 2 years, I believe 1984, 1985.

h2oMag
12-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Many surprises, but for $16000.00 you have to expect that. Solid hull but the powertrain was neglected long before hurricane Ike hit. My brother wanted a project now that he is retired, so I found him a good one. The engines are now out, not sure if they are worth rebuilding, may just pickup 3 GM 502cu crate motors.

pullmytrigger
12-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Im planning for a complete new cockpit interior and I'll just keep my old lug......

pullmytrigger
12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Several things but mainly this. Blown, injected, intercooled 540

is it gonna see liquid this year Sean.......??????:)

MattBMiller
12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Putting on an extension box, shorty lower and a Whipple.

ILMORdude
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Just took delivery a little ways back... '09 Deckboat from Domn8er powered by an Ilmor. Now we just need to get rid of all this white $hit on the ground and get a little warmer weather.

Nice!! Keep me posted on how she runs, whenever that is...........

liquidaddiction
12-27-2008, 06:13 PM
New prop, drive shower, Exhaust, and alot of new billet stuff is going on my Outlaw. To bad I store it 3.5hrs away. Spring will be busy.

rbhudelson
12-28-2008, 02:22 AM

Been there done that.

A car receiver and tuner was installed just to the left of the tv. and the wood was painted lacker black. I made new speakers to go into the slots the original speakers went into to. The new speakers are infinity 6/9 and a 10" sub on both sides. It sounded great until I blew the 6/9's up.

Parts needed: Sawzall, Jig saw, Tequila, amps, CAP, tv, speaker wire, amp wire and other stuff that I can't remember right now.

stecz20
12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
thats cause your drunk.....

rbhudelson
12-28-2008, 02:30 AM

Is that wrong?

Ratickle
12-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Is that wrong?

You mean it was really like this?:ack2:

Parts needed: Tequila, Sawzall, Tequila, Jig saw, Tequila, amps, Tequila, CAP, Tequila, tv, Tequila, speaker wire, Tequila, amp wire, Tequila, and other stuff that I can't remember right now except for Tequila.

rbhudelson
12-28-2008, 12:14 PM
You mean it was really like this?:ack2:

Yes thats it:26:

SC288
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Putting on an extension box, shorty lower and a Whipple.

Matt....do you have the box on yet? That is going to be a sick combo when you get it finished :sifone: !

Pachanga
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
My 288 Sunsation is at the shop getting a Raylar 525 Kit,Big Tube headers, and a whipple reprogrammed ECM installed.

My Pachanga just had Duel Imco full hydraulic steering and Tabs installed. Now it's at the shop with the Sunsation waiting to get the 496 exhaust off the Sunsation!

MattBMiller
12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Matt....do you have the box on yet? That is going to be a sick combo when you get it finished :sifone: !

The box is on, still waiting for my driveshaft and longer alignment tool to show up.

HOTROD2
12-29-2008, 09:12 AM

I'm jelious of the arnesons, looks like a cool project. if you run acrossed any Carys for parts let me know. post pic's as you go along.

HOTROD2
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Been there done that.

A car receiver and tuner was installed just to the left of the tv. and the wood was painted lacker black. I made new speakers to go into the slots the original speakers went into to. The new speakers are infinity 6/9 and a 10" sub on both sides. It sounded great until I blew the 6/9's up.

Parts needed: Sawzall, Jig saw, Tequila, amps, CAP, tv, speaker wire, amp wire and other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Is that a 32" flat screen? you gave me an idea I like haw you did that, but I will have to give up my booze cabnet!!!!! I'm such a big drinker.....

rbhudelson
12-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Is that a 32" flat screen? you gave me an idea I like haw you did that, but I will have to give up my booze cabnet!!!!! I'm such a big drinker.....

I think it is a 30. I originally bought the 32 but it was too wide for what I needed to do. The Toshiba that is in there now has a built in DVD and was able to mount my Car Stereo right beside the TV.

I still have my booze cabinet. In my Cary, from left cabinet to right cabinet, I had the electronics panel, Home stereo gear, tube tv and booze cabinet. I pulled out the home stereo gear and tube tv. Then cut the post out which had separated the two. Fabricated the mounting system for the 4 amps in the side the tv had originally gone. On the other side is a 10 farad Cap. I made the TV mount using a 1" cut to fit piece of plywood. I made several sanding and bondo passes on the plywood then painted high gloss black, trying to match the trim. At the same time I put new cable tv wire and added a drop in the aft cabin, fwd cabin and top. It turned out good for me.

I will tell you this. When they put all that stuff in at the factory, they intended it to stay there.

Next time I'm at the boat I'll take some good pics of the finished project.

Tommy Gun
12-29-2008, 07:04 PM
If anyone is looking to upgrade their GPS my color Northstar 6100i is listed in the STUFF forum. Has the satellite weather option and the platimum south florida chip.

BDiggity
12-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Gutted the berth & having new cushions & vinyl done, replacing the carpet hull covering w/ suede, phase 1 of stereo system, all new led lights, & new snap in carpet. Thats all the budget allows for 08-09.

Dan Adams
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
The Saber gets new lifters, springs, valves and guides. The Fountain gets a flat screen and a better stereo and maybe an oil change.

Therapy Session
12-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Just got this picture sent to me today. The guy doing the speaker install has one side of the boat done.

Therapy Session
12-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Will look even better when I get these put on

Break'inWind
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Nice!! Keep me posted on how she runs, whenever that is...........

Will do... Only had some break-in time while picking her up. Didn't open it it too much. During their water test, they hit 84 with more in her and that was on glass, so I'm sure when she packs a little air, she'll see a little more than that. I figured it wasn't too bad for a 'family boat' (my excuse to the wife) :biggrinjester:.

phragle
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
not much time or dollars to work on the boat, but since I'm back in college at 45, I am upgrading me. (ok, proper english would be myself) This upgrade has a direct corralation with future materialistic upgrades of boat, vehicle and residence.

Perlmudder
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
thinking some new stereo stuff (speakers, head unit, sub) and maybe a couple leds to use while booze cruising!

AIR TIME
12-30-2008, 11:55 PM
putting in a DEAN GELLNER 1050HP 572:sifone:, so have to move a bulkhead and add to to stiffen up the boat a lil. headers if I find one set, add lenght to the custom engine cover or just sell it and build a new one. finish replacing stolen steering and parts and build a solid cover it garage, take the vinly off screw wood or metal panels on it:26: and a alarm. trailer brakes, and finish the knee replacement:leaving:

yesrej
12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
depending on how much $$ i can make before spring im thinking of putting a full tank of gas in it this year.