PDA

View Full Version : Key West To Finalize Race-Promoter Contract In Early May, New Information 6-13!!

Speed on the Water
04-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Coming early next month—closure on the Key West offshore powerboat race-promoter contract, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/racing/6046-key-west-to-finalize-race-promoter-contract-in-early-may.

Ratickle
05-01-2019, 07:22 PM
It is also interesting that there are clauses for the City to cancel the five year contract at almost any time.

Ratickle
05-02-2019, 07:18 PM
I wonder what they will do when some statements made are found to be untrue?

http://keywestcity.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=1&clip_id=904

john acosta
05-03-2019, 02:25 PM
I wonder what they will do when some statements made are found to be untrue?

http://keywestcity.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=1&clip_id=904

That's funny sbi doesn't even know what ADA stands for let alone implement it.

I was hoping kw would go to OPA but bubba politics are still very much alive in kw

if sbi were still run by JC they would have gotten it again.

but since its not looks like RWO???

Bobcat
05-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Should be an interesting Town Hall this Tuesday in KW....Might watch it on TV.

Ratickle
05-04-2019, 08:04 PM
http://keywest.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=3932109&GUID=F0A03771-1E07-4B39-8011-2768A60C2958&Options=&Search=

Reading all of the proposals sure portrays a different story than the facts.

Politics.....

Make sure to read #9, the points awarded......

Ratickle
05-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Two more days until the vote.

Hopefully, the Council has done a bot of due diligence.....

john acosta
05-07-2019, 06:30 PM
what time is that meeting ? online?

john acosta
05-07-2019, 06:44 PM
online the meeting was in progress at 630 pm now it says finished but no other word on decision.

john acosta
05-07-2019, 06:47 PM
RWO got it !!!

Im just glad sbi is finally over now we can move on.

john was a good guy but c,mon we all know he wasn't in control the last four years

Ratickle
05-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Yep, but I certainly have apprehensions about RWO. They have not kept one commitment they made since their existence, not one.

john acosta
05-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Agreed .But C,mon we all know opa and rwo will combine,
The whole issue was to get the two old ladies and those two redneck truckdrivers out of control of keywest and clearwater.

Now that has happened ,
Larry cannot pull the racers left together.
But there are members in rwo who have strong ties with opa.
It will happen.
RWO and OPa will mesh at some point this summer

Ratickle
05-08-2019, 11:10 PM
I doubt that. RWO, P1, and OPA had a written commitment to put the Key West World's on jointly. Then, after all of the work they did, RWO decided they wanted to be in charge and dropped OPA and P1 from the application.

I would be surprised if P1 and OPA forgot that....

john acosta
05-08-2019, 11:30 PM
smitty wants keywest .
its a thing from back in 04,
he will end up with it somehow.

Ratickle
05-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Maybe so, but my opinion is, not till next year.

Ratickle
05-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Of course, RWO has already broken parts of the program they presented to get Key West. Took less than a week.

Serious News
06-16-2019, 10:47 PM
As the prop turns.

Now SBI says it has the permits to run Key West, not Race World Offshore. ????

And the Race World Offshore site appears to be down currently?

Super Boat's National Championship Moves to Key West

The 11th Annual Clearwater Super Boat National Championship™ is moving to Key West in November. SuperBoat International will host their National Championship in Key West this year with national championship-determining races taking place November 6th and 8th. The event will run concurrently with the KeyWest World Championship™ taking place November 6th, 8th &10th.

SuperBoat International (SBI) is pleased to announce that the Super Boat National Championship will take place in Key West during the 39th Annual Key West World Champion Race. The move from Clearwater to Key West comes after Super Boat International recently canceled their agreement with the city of Clearwater after a ten-year run.

“Our decade of hosting our national championship race in the city of Clearwater has now come to an end, but we are thrilled to be bringing the magic and excitement of this race to our home shores of Key West and starting a new chapter,” says John Carbonell, president and founder of Super Boat International. “With two great races taking place simultaneously in our beautiful city, we are giving our fans the opportunity of a lifetime to take part in a grand powerboat racing event like no other. We look forward to seeing them and all the teams once again.”

Races on Wednesday, November 6th and Friday, November 8th, will determine the2019 National Championships for SBI. The Key West World Championship race dates are Wednesday, November 6th, Friday, November 8th, and Sunday, November 10th. Champions will be chosen by SBI’s point system.

SuperBoat International welcomes all racers to attend their National Championship as well as their Key West World Championship race—the crownjewel of races—produced and sanctioned by Super Boat International Productions, Inc.®

Further news will be announced soon. For more information and updates, visit superboat.com

Remember — TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO WIN KEY WEST™

Super Boat International (SBI) is the sole owner of the Clearwater Super Boat National Championship™ and the Key West World Championship™ their trademarks and all other intellectual property associated with the Clearwater Super Boat National Championship™ and Key West World Championship™ is the sole property of Super Boat International Productions Inc.® Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

https://superboat.com/articles/501/Super-Boat-s-National-Championship-Moves-to-Key-West

Ratickle
06-16-2019, 10:57 PM
Jeez, RWO just put out the news flash that they were counting the Key West races as two events.

RWO Race Season To Feature Four National Events

Schedule to include the World Championships in Key West

Race World Offshore, LLC (RWO) will open its 2019 season on August 16th with the first of four national races on a schedule that will include the prestigious Key West World Championship event in November. RWO was awarded the a five-year contract for the event on March 7 in a unanimous vote by the Key West city commission after it weighed competing bids from Super Boat International, which has produced the annual Key West contests for the past five years, and the Offshore Powerboat Association and Powerboat P1, which have banded together to produce the new American Power Boat Association Offshore Championship Series

RWO plans to have four national races with events in Dunkirk, N.Y. (Aug. 16-18), Clearwater, Fla., (Sept. 26-29) and in Key West (Nov. 3-10) half races on Wednesday and Friday and the final fourth full day of racing on Sunday. In addition, RWO is opening up various open-canopy boat classes to accommodate most of the participants wanting to race in a professional series, and reducing entry fees, membership fees and equipment fees from previous years to make it more accommodating to teams.

“This whole process has taken so long and it spilled over into the second quarter of 2019,” said Larry Bleil, the Key West-based founder of RWO, in a press release. “I am so happy it is over so we can get on with things. And now, we can finally roll out our plans and talk about this season.”

Although Race World Offshore is an official club-member of the American Power Boat Association, the Key West, Fla.-based organization will run all of its events in 2019 without an APBA sanction. The decision was driven by the Offshore Powerboat Association’s refusal to allow RWO to produce an APBA-sanctioned race in Dunkirk, which is within the APBA's Northeast region. Also an APBA club, the Offshore Powerboat Association has the exclusive right to produce APBA events in the area.

According to the press release, in Key West RWO will use Truman Waterfront Park Amphitheater for its opening and closing ceremonies, concerts and special events during the Key West race week.

“Based on the cruise ship schedule, the races will be similar to previous years, with three days of racing and points will be accumulated to secure a World Title,” the release stated. “However, there will be notable awards for each of the three days of racing: Truman Waterfront Cup, Southernmost Continental Champion and World Champion respectively. There will be many other details to follow, but it is also important to note that all other sanctioning bodies and their classes of boats are welcome to participate.”

Race World Offshore will provide online sign-up and fee schedules for its 2019 season on or before May 15. Team racing in RWO-produced events must be current APBA Racing members

For further information contact Lee Stanford: Win@RaceWorldOffshore.Global

https://www.boatingmag.com/rwo-race-season-to-feature-four-national-events/

phragle
06-17-2019, 07:09 AM
What kind of mushrooms is the racing world putting on their pizza???

Ratickle
06-17-2019, 10:42 PM
Weren't those mushrooms just made legal?

Ratickle
06-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Gotta tell you, it is tough to figure out what the heck is going on. Nobody seems to have a clue.

If SBI really has the permits to put on the events from everybody required, RWO has a huge dilemma.

phragle
06-19-2019, 06:30 PM
If RWO went thru the bidding process, promising the moon, the stars and Don Aronow's soul to win key west, then key west just gave SBI rights, there will be lawyers involved...lol

THere is boat racing, then there is Spinal Tap boat racing, the boats in Key West will go up to 11 (thats one faster) Then the drummer er SVL (or what ever the hell they call it this week)blows up.......

Bobcat
06-20-2019, 07:28 AM
https://keysnews.com/article/story/boat-race-producers-wont-go-quietly/

Ratickle
06-21-2019, 07:26 AM
We need the entire article!!

john acosta
06-23-2019, 03:23 PM
SBi is not functional.
No staff.(under retirement age )
Out of date equipment.

Whats left is a lawyer pushing for any lawsuit he can muster up.

Ratickle
06-24-2019, 10:58 PM
So, what is your opinion of the final result?

john acosta
06-25-2019, 11:36 AM
LOL…..

Who knows .?
You cant second guess crazy.

I cant see larry working along side sbi as a joint venture because his staff will NOT do it .NO WAY !!!

phragle
06-26-2019, 09:21 PM
So, what is your opinion of the final result?

There is a final result???

Ratickle
06-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Well, hopefully some day?

phragle
06-28-2019, 01:09 AM
well...no matter what org puts on Key West....

We know a certain team will get caught at least 1 day out of 3 doing something funny.... maybe we should start a pool to guess what it is..

under weight
tweaked ecm
aluminum flywheel
Shaved drive....

or would wagering on something like be poor sportsmanship???

john acosta
06-28-2019, 11:16 AM
SVL is second only to supercat 750 class.

Originally the svl we know today were a class hulls.running up over 800 hp.

When they powered down to 496 innovation gm.they became reliable .
everyone loved them. fun to watch ,fun to drive, Then OSS ,and they have been splintered ever since.

Go back to the o3 rule book and youd have close to twenty in one class.

But then there would be no ego,s or chestpounding ,so that wont happen lol

john acosta
06-28-2019, 11:19 AM
As far as Key West goes WOWWWW!!!

The participants in this reality show must have their meetings at De Poo on the third floor

Bobcat
06-28-2019, 03:52 PM
One of the local Bar Owners went a little crazy on Cocaine...(Diagnosed as Bi-Polar cuz He's rich!) They locked Him up in Depoo..

.He tied Bed Sheets together and made His escape out of the 3rd Story Window....He ended up about 12' short of the Ground, and dropped...

Breaking both of His Ankles... From then on We called Him "Two Sheets short of the Ground"....:rofl:

john acosta
06-28-2019, 09:56 PM
OH My GOSH WAS THAT you ?

Bobcat
06-29-2019, 07:58 AM
No, It was Mitch Cumstein.

Anybody else get a E-mail from RWO? Curious as to how I got on the list.:huh:

john acosta
06-29-2019, 11:51 AM
what does it say?

Serious News
06-29-2019, 09:35 PM

Stay Connected for Event Updates, News and Results

Welcome to the First RWO 2019 Sanctioning Body News Blast. If you haven’t cared to read or listen to all the offshore racing drama… you are one of the lucky ones.

Race World Offshore (RWO), has received the official signed contract from the City of Key West to produce the World Championship event for the next 5 years. So, not to rehash any of the public record details… RWO is now moving ahead quickly.

RWO is producing races in the following cities and is excited about these quickly approaching events:
Dunkirk, NY
Clearwater, FL
Key West, FL

RWO plans to frequently share information with you as it becomes available and we are ALWAYS willing to listen to improve our customer service to race teams and fans for their overall racing experience.

RWO has expanded the Key West hospitality, musical entertainment, and racing experience. Improvements include but are not only limited to racing clockwise, awards every day of racing, a premium Outer Mole hospitality with water shuttle that transports guests from VIP to the back of Margaritaville & Duval Street in minutes, and much more.

Thank you for supporting RWO. There are many more details we cannot share in just one email blast. Stay subscribed for updates and also visit our new website at raceworldoffshore.com or contact us at 305-800-RACE.

Get Your Key West Tickets Now!
Hospitality Options for the Premium Key West Experience

Habor Pavillion VIP Pass
Gulfside Hospitality VIP Pass

Outer Mole Passes
Concert Tickets (Coming Soon)

fund razor
06-30-2019, 06:09 AM
"If you haven’t cared to read or listen to all the offshore racing drama… you are one of the lucky ones. "

This is an example of something that shouldn't go in a professional press release, and why you shouldn't let your Generation Confused social media person write them.

fund razor
06-30-2019, 06:11 AM
One of the local Bar Owners went a little crazy on Cocaine...(Diagnosed as Bi-Polar cuz He's rich!) They locked Him up in Depoo..

.He tied Bed Sheets together and made His escape out of the 3rd Story Window....He ended up about 12' short of the Ground, and dropped...

Breaking both of His Ankles... From then on We called Him "Two Sheets short of the Ground"....:rofl:

This is why I don't wear sandals.

Bobcat
06-30-2019, 08:56 AM

john acosta
06-30-2019, 12:27 PM
Thanx for letter.

Racing clock wise huh?

Ok So now the boats are going all out till they hit the zero duvall turn.
Be a lot of crashes in that turn .

And the main viewing on the mole will see them at their slowest trying to spool back up.

Might work.

Ratickle
06-30-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming the reason is to increase the number of crashes in the area most viewable by spectators?

john acosta
06-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Ya know Rad ,We talked this move over several seasons.

Safety was my reason for voting against it.

gComing into the mole from what I call turn #2 is fast ,BUT we all knew the hump at the mole entrance and immediate right dodleg right after then zero duvall
We slowed at the end of the beach at the park,right at the tree line .I liked to stay on the outside I felt it was cleaner and compressed .Then cruise into the hairpin .simple.

Now They will be slowing after tank island ? right ?

The reason the navy always asked for clockwise was the possibility of a multi blowover of cats right before the mole
taking out hundreds of spectators .
Which is possible.

Ratickle
06-30-2019, 10:23 PM
https://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/key%20west%20harbor%20turn.jpg (https://s730.photobucket.com/user/ptrose/media/key%20west%20harbor%20turn.jpg.html)

Ratickle
06-30-2019, 10:39 PM
I disagree. When a cat goes airborne, it is most likely to go in a straight line from the point where it leaves the water. So, as you can see from the above photo, in a counterclockwise rotation, as it is now, any cat blowing over coming down by the mole would end up in the middle of the course, as they have to date.

If you change direction, all of the boats being forced wide have to contend with the Mallory Square protrusion into the wide side of the course, and any boat which happened to blow over, unlikely because of the speed at that point, would end up in Mallory Square.

The boats would certainly have an interesting corner at what is now turn 1 in reverse.

At least that's my opinion.

Bobcat
07-01-2019, 07:04 AM
They Ran Clockwise when Mike Horne was racing Cayo Hueso Express...Late 80's ?

https://youtu.be/DsC2uLoHN9s

john acosta
07-01-2019, 09:25 AM
I hope were both wrong

john acosta
07-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarasota predictions .

svl brian forehead ol 29 last place for cheating

Bobcat
07-02-2019, 07:26 AM
:rofl:

Ratickle
07-03-2019, 07:33 AM
I was getting ready to bet you on Ryan. Unless he breaks, he will not be last.

Although I haven't checked to see who is driving for him.

john acosta
07-04-2019, 02:55 PM
I was just playin ,
however the s111 skater was always called the "caboose " around the sbi trailer for a reason.
I think its awesome that they continue year after year anyway.
that's a good thing .

Ratickle
07-04-2019, 04:58 PM
I know the nickname, but it's not really deserved in my opinion. It seems to me, even though he has the oldest boat in the class, (but the safest because of the balsa core canopy however), and may have the smallest budget, he always seems to be a podium contender if he has an experienced driver next to him, (unless he breaks).

For the number of different drivers, many with no experience whatsoever, I am pretty impressed. I believe he has had 4 or 5 boats behind him so far this year.

And two years ago I think he finished the season second overall behind Gary, and was on the podium at the Worlds in Key West that prior November.

Ratickle
07-04-2019, 05:01 PM
And typically, OPA does not inspect the boats. There were no inspections to check for illegal engines, etc. in LOTO or Point Pleasant Beach. I will be surprised to see inspections in Sarasota. I hope I'm wrong, but history says otherwise.

So, with no inspections, Forehand will not be DQ'd. It only happens when they have inspections, (unless something goes wrong with the alledged illegal extra ballast tank system and it fails weight).

john acosta
07-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Rat I get it .
Its good to stand up for friend.

So in reality who will do what this weekend .

I still think the ol sv whatever will get caught .
ss will be gary b. or performance boat center.
super cat .this is billys.
unlimited I don't even care anymore.

Ratickle
07-05-2019, 08:32 AM
I think the OL will be illegal again, it has been every time. But, I think the inspections will be lax enough they get away with it.

For some reason, the Victory boats don't have the top speed of the DW's. Unless the water is rough, I'm going with PBC, Allen, or Shadow P. or this event, Allen most likely.

Super Cat, I will not pick. They are all pretty good friends. The thing that bothers me, letting Broadco run with a very inexperienced driver which has caused major problems in the past. Too competitive of a class for that in my opinion.

Unlimited, I'm hoping for a resurgence of the class if they all get 1100's working. Until then, I'm thinking Victory again, although I'll be rooting for Steve most likely.

Britt Lilly in Pro Stock Vee. Kildahl's in Vee X.

john acosta
07-05-2019, 07:27 PM
I know I showed concern on facebook about ??? in supercat and got dumped on .

I just hope nobody gets hurt

fund razor
07-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Phuck facebook. It's where idiots tell experts they are idiots.

Ratickle
07-05-2019, 09:03 PM

I stay off Facebook. What was it?

john acosta
07-06-2019, 06:32 AM
I myself was just getting started on facebook recently.
I agree not a plce for me.

Ratickle
07-07-2019, 04:43 PM
I think the OL will be illegal again, it has been every time. But, I think the inspections will be lax enough they get away with it.

For some reason, the Victory boats don't have the top speed of the DW's. Unless the water is rough, I'm going with PBC, Allen, or Shadow P. or this event, Allen most likely.

Super Cat, I will not pick. They are all pretty good friends. The thing that bothers me, letting Broadco run with a very inexperienced driver which has caused major problems in the past. Too competitive of a class for that in my opinion.

Unlimited, I'm hoping for a resurgence of the class if they all get 1100's working. Until then, I'm thinking Victory again, although I'll be rooting for Steve most likely.

Britt Lilly in Pro Stock Vee. Kildahl's in Vee X.

I did pretty good!!!

Got Lilly, Kildahl, and Allen :sifone: .

Victory and Geico flip at the same time, really weird.

And the OL broke, so who knows if it would have been caught illegal or not.

phragle
07-07-2019, 08:12 PM
and victory flipped after Geico... They didnt need to be running hard at that point, though it was nice to see boats actually racing.

Ratickle
07-07-2019, 08:21 PM
I actually think Victory flipped first.

If you look at the video, the patrol boats completely ignore Geico and are turning and heading for the corner where Victory is at before Geico crashes. It would make no sense for all of them to ignore Geico if Geico had crashed first.

But, that is speculation.

Ratickle
07-07-2019, 08:34 PM
After watching again, you're right, Victory went over right after Geico.

Geico sure was closing fast though.

phragle
07-07-2019, 09:04 PM
wonder if victory's spotter said geico flipped, and they lifted... in the corner

phragle
07-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Geico tried and inside move a few laps earlier that didnt go to well either....

Ratickle
07-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Well, according to Steve, I was correct the first time.

Said Miss GEICO team throttleman Steve Curtis in his typically understated manner, “They (Victory) cut hard into the bend and spun. We tried to avoid them and had a splash.”

john acosta
07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
that is a seasoned team in geico now.
they made the right move so as not to cause irreparable damage

Who won supercat ?

did sunprint run .

what position was s-111

john acosta
07-09-2019, 03:26 PM
most of rats picks came up hoo hooo

Ratickle
07-09-2019, 11:52 PM