PDA

View Full Version : OPA Worlds, Day 2: Close Races And Flat-Out Dominance Rule The Day

Speed on the Water
11-18-2018, 07:57 PM
The final day of 2018 domestic offshore powerboat racing season is in the books, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/racing/5687-opa-worlds-day-2-close-races-and-flat-out-dominance-rule-the-day.

Johnny Saris reports.

Ratickle
11-19-2018, 06:55 PM
It would sure be nice to see official results soon.

Still no official results for day one posted, let alone the two day total.

Although I guess I shouldn't complain. SBI still doesn't have any official results posted. I guess the protests are still ongoing there.

Ratickle
11-20-2018, 12:57 PM
"As for more dominant performances, Bull On The Beach and Wazzup backed up Saturday’s Class 2 and Class 3 wins with victories today and took home world championships."

I thought it was odd that they were in different classes in the first day of racing story. I guess the story was just wrong. When I checked though, everybody told me the story was correct.

"Familiar names to OPA racing fans, Bull On The Beach took the Class 3 victory and Wazzup finished first in Class 2."

I did not go back into the pits after the race though, the crowds leaving before the last race was over were too large to even get back in there without a long wait.