PDA

View Full Version : Commentary: Boat Show Food For Thought

Speed on the Water
05-29-2018, 11:50 AM
Want to improve the boat show experience for attendees and exhibitors? Start by offering better food, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/commentary/5282-commentary-boat-show-food-for-thought.

fund razor
05-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Not worth following the links to get all the pieces of the "story."

Ratickle
06-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Short version, Boat Show Food Sucks and is EXPENSIVE!!:ack2:

fund razor
06-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Somebody should have asked if this was bid out, or awarded to an previously known associate of the decision maker. I know... I know... that would be journalism. This is trade news promotion stuff. I'll assume this deal was pure as the driven snow when I pay monopoly prices at the boat show.

Ratickle
06-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Aren't they all pure?

fund razor
06-07-2018, 06:37 AM
Charging $10 for a bud light has nothing to do with the sublime palates of the yacht set.

Everything to do with a captive audience.

I recently attended a massive International conference and trade show. There were 3,500 attendees. The location was contained (Armstrong Convention Center, New Orleans) and you couldn't get to outside restaurants, much. So they included one meal in the ticket with a "value" of $15.00. They invited a variety of vendors to present just a few menu items, well. So you had Asian, pizza, philly steak, burgers, wraps, gyros, and more. I can't even remember. Each vendor had a uniform, small booth with an overhead sign. They were dispersed. Everything was packaged for the $15.00 coupon. You just decided what you wanted, and you got in that line. Simple process, moves fast, limited space needed for each vendor. Variety. Competition to provide good value. (They best quality and portions ends up with the longest lines on day two.)
Vendors have to perform well to be invited back. Customer wins. Easy for event producer. All food vendors get same setup.
I had a great gyro at the Miami show for like $12 after Bobcat and I drank every beer on Virginia Key.

Must not be fancy enough for the .0001%ers.

Bobcat
06-07-2018, 08:34 AM
I smuggle everything in....Ala Papillon:o

fund razor
06-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Hey you bastards, I'm still here.