PDA

View Full Version : Guest Commentary: Safety At The Forefront For Four Horsemen Poker Run

Speed on the Water
04-24-2018, 10:12 AM
For organizer Shannon Radtke of the Four Horsemen Poker Run, tragedy reinforces priorities, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/commentary/5207-guest-commentary-safety-at-the-forefront-for-four-horsemen-poker-run.

fund razor
04-24-2018, 01:14 PM
So the other poker runs could have done something more "safer?"
Did the others have different priorities than Four Horsemen have?

Ratickle
04-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Good question.

Maybe all of the poker runs and fun runs should get together and standardize a set of rules that would keep someone from participating in any events for a year if they break those rules?

Ratickle
04-26-2018, 10:19 AM
But, that only goes for the actual Poker Run event itself. Most accidents occur before, or after, the actual organized event.

I'll review and see what is actual.

fund razor
04-26-2018, 01:20 PM
But, that only goes for the actual Poker Run event itself. Most accidents occur before, or after, the actual organized event.

I'll review and see what is actual.

Some are more "preventable" than others. An experienced driver who is sober and gets into some snotty water and things go bad at high speed quickly is one thing.

Other "accidents" can be seen coming before they even occur from the far seats at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Ratickle
04-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Exactly.

And I don't know that any event organizer can stop stupidity outside of the actual event itself.