PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Racing’s Elephant In The Room

Speed on the Water
03-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Between major changes at one organization and a new outfit launching, offshore racing heads into its 2018 season with more questions than answershttps://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/commentary/5101-offshore-racing-s-elephant-in-the-room.

phragle
03-06-2018, 09:21 PM
The N*B*R*G is sitting back waiting for worlds to collide and self destruct, ready to pounce and rise Offshore Racing from the ashes, to the pinnacle of greatness !!!!

Ratickle
03-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Saying Race World Offshore has five events on its schedule is being a little generous. The first event has no location and no race course. gonna be tough to get rooms and other reservations by June 2 when they have no idea where. The second event has a map link, but it has no course. It shows Clear Lake itself, not the bay. Are they actually planning a race on an inland lake that's 3 miles long and a mile wide? The third event says the Mentor race, but the map of the course is to the east of the park where everybody has watched from the past years. The fourth and fifth races have no course laid out yet for viewing purposes or hotel rentals.

There are five listings on their site, but I wouldn't call any events except one.

Ratickle
03-07-2018, 12:57 AM
The N*B*R*G is sitting back waiting for worlds to collide and self destruct, ready to pounce and rise Offshore Racing from the ashes, to the pinnacle of greatness !!!!

I thought the elephant was the NBRG.......

phragle
03-07-2018, 08:10 AM
I thought the elephant was the NBRG.......

We, here at the NBRG eat elephants for breakfast.........

Ratickle
03-09-2018, 12:55 AM
Oh sure, now PETA will be showing up........

phragle
03-09-2018, 01:45 PM
People eating tasty animals

Ratickle
03-12-2018, 09:49 AM
I hear the first race on their schedule is cancelled?

lucky devil
03-12-2018, 11:05 AM
How about scheduling the Mentor,Ohio race and the Dunkirk,NY race a month apart when the sites are 2 hrs apart running down I-90? The teams are going to make two trips for that?

phragle
03-12-2018, 12:15 PM
How about scheduling the Mentor,Ohio race and the Dunkirk,NY race a month apart when the sites are 2 hrs apart running down I-90? The teams are going to make two trips for that?

Hey, this is boat racing... Not model rocket science. Just how much rational thought can you really expect ?

Ratickle
03-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Obviously their posted schedule will not be happening.

The June race is posted as the same weekend as the Lakerace at the Ozarks? Yep, that will happen. There are lots of extra boats out there to have two races........

Or are they still trying to get their hands on that race away from OPA???????