PDA

View Full Version : Our C-54 model boat story

Expresscraft
10-08-2017, 07:53 PM
The C-54 is a model of the Cigarette hull that was cut down and fitted with a deck and canopy from Skater, They were after the worlds speed record that fountain held, This boat fell a few MPH short, But I belive is still the fastest Cigarette hull out there. later she was tore down again and fitted with a nice open cockpit and painted very nice as the Strength and Honor boat. Our model is 54" and powered with a Inline twin she has seen speeds in the mid to upper 70's and is the boat to beat in the model boat racing class of Super boat.

Ratickle
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
It was hands down the fastest Cig ever.

Expresscraft
10-10-2017, 08:31 AM
There's went 172MPH ours has seen 78mph, so there is a 94mph difference. But ours is only 54" so what scale does that make it? I am playing and stirring the pot to get some of you that are viewing to start posting, Let's talk boats. Our scale speeds beat there's ....LOL

Ratickle
10-10-2017, 09:00 AM
There is no such thing as scale when it comes to speed. If there was, I could say my 10' boat goes 4.3 times as fast as my 43' boat.

So if people actually started talking, and actually thinking, scale speed. Then I'd have to make a model of the world's largest super tanker, make it about 5' long instead of 1500 feet long, and go out and kick everybody's scale asses.:)

But then somebody would make one 3' long and kick my ass.....

Expresscraft
10-11-2017, 08:05 AM
AHH, sometimes stiring the pot gets people talking the most. That little boat has gone faster though, in the back of the car on the way to the lake. Maybe I should put a GPS in it and strap it to the back of the GSX-R 1000 then scale speed would not matter, I would have proof that our 54" model of there boat went faster then the real one....LOL.