PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta to star in boat racing drama Speed Kills

Serious News
04-05-2017, 11:53 PM
John Travolta will star as speedboat racing champion Don Aronow in new movie Speed Kills.

The American actor and producer has had a resurgence in Hollywood of late, having receiving Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for his portrayal of lawyer Robert Shapiro in 2016 TV series The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story.

Travolta is now taking on another biography, and will play Aronow the upcoming John Luessenhop-directed film, according to Deadline.

“I like biopic films,” Travolta told the publication of the project. “They are fascinating to me, and real-life characters are always interesting to play… This is a great story.”

Aronow was a champion racer who invented the Cigarette and other speedboats and sold them to U.S. presidents, the Shah of Iran, Malcolm Forbes and various pop stars. At one point, the multimillionaire businessman was supplying vessels for both the U.S. Customs Service and drug cartels at the same time. But his dealings proved to be his undoing, and he was murdered in his car in Miami under mysterious circumstances in 1987, at the age of 59.

Texas Chainsaw 3D director Luessenhop is basing the movie on a script he has written with David Aaron Cohen and Paul Castro, a writer who has ties to Aronow’s family.

“Once I starting learning about Don Aronow’s life, I jumped at the opportunity to bring this story to the big screen,” said Luessenhop. “John Travolta is the perfect actor to bring Aronow’s story to life.”

The shoot will take place in San Juan, Puerto Rico and Miami Beach and is expected to kick off in May (17). Hannibal’s Richard Rionda Del Castro is producing with Oscar Generale and Luillo Ruiz of the Pimienta Film Company in Puerto Rico, while Travolta is also acting as an executive producer.

Travolta, 63, will next be seen playing the role of New York-based mobster John Gotti in The Life and Death of John Gotti, which is due to hit theatres this year (17).

http://www.hollywood.com/general/john-travolta-to-star-in-boat-racing-drama-speed-kills-60683203/

Ratickle
04-06-2017, 06:36 PM
I sure hope they do it right!!

Bobcat
04-07-2017, 08:04 AM
If there are a string of murders afterwards....they got it right!:leaving:

fund razor
04-07-2017, 09:35 AM
I wonder if they need some white 560sls with white hardtops?

Ratickle
04-09-2017, 11:45 PM
With a really tall driver as an extra?

You do look kind of gangsterish!!:sifone:

fund razor
04-10-2017, 06:52 AM
You do look kind of gangsterish!!:sifone:

Where I was raised, there is no higher compliment.

Ratickle
04-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Are you applying for a part in the movie?

You could be a stunt double for Travolta!!

Ratickle
04-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Cause you look just like him.

And probably dance Disco as if you were twins!!