PDA

View Full Version : Top Gun Outboard Conversion

baronmarine
03-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Hi all. Have not been around much lately. It has been a long off season & i have not seen much of Mrs Baron the last few months, thank god for Netflix. Well after considering this conversion for the last few years we finally did it. A close friend had 3-350 Verado's on his Nortech CC with only 50 hrs on them and he wanted to go to 400's. So we put a deal together & next thing i knew they were in our shop. We started Thanksgiving weekend by completely stripping the gun. Had a old Gil bracket laying around for some time that a friend did a bunch of rework too. Big thanks to Tommymonza (banana) he did all the glass work to the transom, stringers, moved the rear seat back 2 1/2 feet and reworked the hatch. Just had to turn the heat up to 80 degrees so we could wear shorts, tee shirt, flip flops & put a palm tree in the corner so he thought he was still in Fla. Now you know why he is crazy enough to stay in Michigan for the winter. Supersteve did all of the wiring & man is there a ton of wire!! As of a couple weeks ago we have had them running a couple of times now, shifting & the steering working right. We are hoping to do a sea trial in the next couple of weeks when it warms up a bit. We have 4 sets of props to go thru. We are hoping for 75 mph, anything over that would be a huge bonus. Now that i have a complete power package on the floor, i'm in the market for the right 40 Skater or 42'-44' MTI with a race style cockpit open top less power, to install my power package in. Will get some pic's up soon & report on testing progress.

Todd

Bobcat
03-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Can't wait to see the pics !

jdoss
03-31-2017, 06:00 PM
WHAT???????

Ratickle
03-31-2017, 07:11 PM
WHAT???????

:iagree:

jdoss
03-31-2017, 08:40 PM
I have a feeling the resin bucket 2.0 will be spending some time in florida.
can't wait to see it, if it proves out good something tells me you will see other conversions.
there are a lot of nice vrod take offs out there because people upgrading to larger pwr obs.
oh and yes there area lot of wires...... for the new obs.

Ratickle
04-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Next he'll probably cut the bow out and make it a center console.....

baronmarine
04-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Btw. April fools. Just having a little fun.
Todd

Ratickle
04-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Wait a minute here!!

You posted that on 3/31, not 4/1. That would be against all April Fool's Day jokes ever made.

I call foul!!!:toetap05:

baronmarine
04-03-2017, 03:56 PM
lmao! right, my plan was to post it late friday night, but i had to go to chicago. so i had one of the guys hit post for me when he left at the end of the day. your just mad because you fell for it.:rofl:

Ratickle
04-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Naw, never would have reeled any of us in if you'd followed the April 1 rules!!

That's like someone saying the Snowy Mountain SVL hasn't lost a race. The real story is they've never passed an in depth inspection without getting caught for cheating....

Doesn't count.....

jdoss
04-09-2017, 08:57 AM
I agree w paul, FOUL, not the first.
I was excited to c it. maybe ill do it to my café racer. hahah

Ratickle
04-10-2017, 08:19 AM
I think he owes us all a couple drinks!!

rschap1
04-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Pretty good regardless of timing:)