PDA

View Full Version : SV Yachts ALPHA: The Fastest Luxury Yacht In The World

Ratickle
02-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Earlier this week, just before the Miami International Boat show, SV Yachts officially launched the ALPHA. The name couldn’t have been more suitable, not only is it the brand’s very first yacht, but it also comes with the attitude of an Alpha.

This is thanks to two 700 SCI Mercury Racing engines that give the ALPHA a whopping 1.400 HP. As a result, the 38 feet and 5 inches long ALPHA can reach a top speed of approximately 80 knots. Those who think that this tremendous performance comes with sacrifices will be proven wrong. SV Yachts created a unique concept that makes the ALPHA despite its unsurpassed performance also quintessentially a yacht, a place for comfort and leisure.

Specially designed propellers cut through the water to ensure a swift yet smooth acceleration. Extra care went into the insulation of the engine bay, eliminating heat and vibration so that even with the engine running the sun pad on top will be a place of comfort.

To ensure proper cooling of the engine SV Yachts took its inspiration from supercars. The ALPHA is therefore fitted up front with air intakes, while at the back it has a set of louvers that open up as soon as the engine is started. Next to their functionality, they are also an essential styling element of the ALPHA. Much like a supercar also does the ALPHA embody speed, even when it is docked in the harbor. While the bow looks razor sharp, designed for cutting through the water with a minimum of resistance, the aft is wider making the ALPHA impressive from every angle yet at the same time also provide ample room to sunbath or jump in the water for a nice swim.

With the combination of luxury and ultra-high performance, SV Yachts has created a completely new concept, in which you don’t have to choose between speed or luxury, but simply can have both!

SV Yachts has the ALPHA available for viewing on Pier 9, in-water booth 921 at the Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin.

Where to look at pictures. http://hauteliving.com/2017/02/sv-yachts-alpha-fastest-luxury-yacht-in-the-world/629388/

Ratickle
02-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Not one single derogatory comment?

I'm really disappointed.......

fund razor
02-19-2017, 07:38 AM
We're speechless.

rschap1
02-19-2017, 08:39 AM
Over hyped as "super yacht" maybe...
I am guessing there will be plenty of similar offerings that would upstage or at least compete without such prestigious tags

rschap1
02-19-2017, 08:39 AM
Pretty sharp though from the few pics

phragle
02-20-2017, 12:03 AM
Super yacht?? wheres the master stateroom?? helipad?? hot tub?? And 700's with an Alpha??

Ratickle
02-20-2017, 11:42 PM
It's one of those mini-super yachts.....

fund razor
02-21-2017, 06:44 AM
Are there, or are there not, stern cleats on that boat? It almost looks like the stern line is wrapped around the center portion of the swim platform. I only noticed because I never tie up a boat in such a way that a line can rub on an edge and my eye kept being drawn to the line stretched taught over the edge of the swim platform. Looks like the current and/or wind is holding them away from the wall with a little pressure.

fund razor
02-26-2017, 07:36 AM
Here is a photo taken by Jason Johnson that shows an angle not seen above.

From my perspective, in a design competition between the boat and the electrical distribution box, (shown in the foreground in the same color), I would have to go with the electrical box.

Ratickle
02-27-2017, 01:07 AM
Tony and I were checking it out.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/6O8A7793.jpg (http://s730.photobucket.com/user/ptrose/media/6O8A7793.jpg.html)

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/6O8A7796%201.jpg (http://s730.photobucket.com/user/ptrose/media/6O8A7796%201.jpg.html)

Ratickle
02-28-2017, 01:09 AM
Well, definitely not a luxury yacht. Definitely one of the fastest boats in the world. But, other than that, not a very good looking boat either.....

Ratickle
03-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Maybe it's a Euro thing?

fund razor
03-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Definitely one of the fastest boats in the world

80 knots WOT?

That wasn't fastest in the world 100 years ago.
I may or may not know guys who have 30 year old flat bottoms with power built in their garage that top 80.

Ratickle
03-02-2017, 01:07 AM
I couldn't find my dripping with sarcasm font....

We were running 122 in the Skater Vee and 145 in the 426 Skater. But that was MPH, not those big Knot thingies......

Ratickle
03-02-2017, 09:21 PM
And of course it was supposed to say:

Well, definitely not a luxury yacht.
Definitely not one of the fastest boats in the world.
But, other than that, not a very good looking boat either.....

It was missing a not......

fund razor
03-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Ironic. Even the thread about this boat sucks. :D

fund razor
03-03-2017, 07:13 AM
It's like somebody tried to make a medium sized center console out of the Cold War 54 boat. :)

Ratickle
03-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Ironic. Even the thread about this boat sucks. :D

I'm sure it's an omen.........

fund razor
03-04-2017, 06:57 AM
I'm sure it's an omen.........

You are probably right.

Ratickle
03-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Maybe they should buy the boat??

Top Banana
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
It's like somebody tried to make a medium sized center console out of the Cold War 54 boat. :)

That's it you have now awoken the curse of Cold War! The last it was seen was rotting away on a dock in Cuba......but because of your ill timed remark....it has now arrived back in the port of Miami.

I am referring to the recent record breaker Apache Heritage.....it was all going fine until they caught sight of land and then the CW Curse struck again. Only time will tell what you have wrought with this reawakening....??????

fund razor
03-06-2017, 06:57 PM
All that grey, a top, and the big "bustle" made me think of it.

I had not considered the ramifications. :o

Ratickle
03-06-2017, 07:52 PM
After the Miami Boat Show, we went over to Haulover to take the 478 Skater Vee out of the water. The Apache from Cuba was inside their big building looking a bit worse for the wear!!:eek:

Serious News
03-08-2017, 12:45 AM
The SV Yachts Alpha Will Get Your Heart Racing

One of the most interesting yachts showcased at the Miami Boat*Show was definitely the SV Alpha. Inspired by the lines of a 1967 Corvette, this*sleek vessel was imagined by designers Mauricio Velez and Nicolai Sass to their very own hot rod boat. The 38-footer showed off a*flared silver hull and a lollipop-red interior to go with the incredible speeds it is capable of reaching.

Powered by twin 700 hp Mercury Racing Engines and Mercury Race 6 drives, the Alpha will easily reach 90 mph, an*impressive bit of info until you hear about*this boat’s brilliant layout and luxury touches throughout. SV Yachts used exotic fibers, such as aramid and Kevlar weave, to make sure the powerful vessel is light yet strong enough to handle the effort.

The cockpit packs a touchscreen helm area, large ruby-red sunpads over the engine hatch,*plus a lovely champagne cooler at the bow. Obviously, there are many other things to be mentioned, and if you have the cash you be may do so on your own time.

If you don’t like the raw power of twin 700s, Alpha is offering Mercury Racing 520 hp and 565 hp twin options. Since this is a speedy yacht, the supercar cues are more than welcomed, with vents for the engine and hinged louvers ready to be enjoyed. *The optional hardtop was aerodynamically designed to provide sun and wind protection.

Please note that this stylish vessel ranges from $680,000 to $800,000 – feel free to customize it as you wish.

http://luxatic.com/the-sv-yachts-alpha-will-get-your-heart-racing/