PDA

View Full Version : 2 Killed in Boat Crash on Lake Michigan Near East Chicago

Serious News
07-24-2016, 11:03 AM
An Illinois man and Indiana man were killed and a third person was hospitalized after a boat crash early Saturday on Lake Michigan near East Chicago, Indiana.

The crash happened about 3 a.m. about a mile-and-a-half north of the East Chicago Marina, according to Chris Roggy, an officer with the U.S. Coast Guard in Chicago.

The boat was going at a high rate of speed, 60-70 mph, when it struck a break wall near Arcelor Mittal Steel and the marina, according to Roggy and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Reduced visibility, speed and alcohol are believed to be contributing factors.

One person in the boat woke up in the water and swam for nearly two hours without a life jacket to get to shore, Roggy said. Once at shore, the person contacted authorities was taken to St. Catherine Hospital in East Chicago. Their condition was unknown.

The coast guard recovered a second person from the water and the Lake County sheriff’s office recovered a third, Roggy said.

Both men were pronounced dead at the scene, according to Indiana DNR.

Timothy Dunlap, 62, of Lynwood was pronounced dead at 6:55 a.m., according to the Lake County coroner’s office. Richard Wade, 68, of Hammond, Indiana was pronounced dead at 6:49 a.m.

Both men suffered blunt force trauma, according to the coroner’s office. A manner of death was pending Saturday morning.

The ongoing investigation is being led by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources conservation officers with the use of a remotely operated vehicle, authorities said.

NBC Chicago http: //www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/2-killed-in-boat-crash-on-lake-michigan-near-east-chicago-388028212.html#ixzz4FL3hq1yk

Serious News
07-24-2016, 11:09 AM

Bobcat
07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
That's the stupid stuff You did when You were 20...not in Your 60's...As I told Charlie at the Blue Angels Air Show , I'm at the point in My life where I don't even

want to ride with anyone else.

Ratickle
07-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Let me review:

Reduced visibility, 3:00 AM. It was night time!
Speed, 60 to 70 MPH. In the dark!
Alcohol, They'd been drinking?

Didn't even do crap like that when I was 20.

Serious News
07-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Video: https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-men-killed-boating-crash-221507565.html