PDA

View Full Version : Girl Power: New Female Racer To Compete In Lake Race On Saturday

Serious News
06-02-2016, 11:37 PM
by Janet Dabbs/LakeExpo.com

LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. — There’s a new girl in town for Lake Race, and she’s not content to watch from the sidelines. Jeannette Allred, of Las Vegas, will drive with throttleman Chris Reindl in Class 5 and Class 6 on Saturday, June 4 in the Lake of the Ozarks event.

This will be Allred’s third race. She ran in two divisions at the 2016 Point Pleasant Offshore Grand Prix in New Jersey, taking the fifth place out of 10 boats in her very first race. Reindl says she would have won the race, except he made a maneuvering mistake in the first turn. “We were eight boat lengths ahead with six foot waves. We were under a wave and I missed a buoy,” he said. Allred has also run in a few poker runs in the 24 ft. Reindl One Design powerboat “Early Detection Racing.”

Early Detection has an Ilmor MV8 570 hp engine with a Bravo 3 XR Drive. Early Detection’s fastest speed so far is 97 mph, but Allred and Reindl are hoping to reach triple digits while testing at Lake Race.

Reindl Powerboats manufactures the unorthodox One Design V24, nicknamed the "Bat Boat" due to its aerodynamic patented wings. Chris Reindl has personally won six Offshore Powerboat Racing World Championships in Early Detection and his boats have won more than 25 world and national titles since 1999. 

The Reindl One Design V24 is an Ocke Mannerfelt designed vessel that threw conventional boat designs out the window, and instead adopted concepts from birds and fish. The result, according to Chris, is a boat that handles rough water better than boats twice its size. The wings create a ground effect (two pockets of air under each wing that keep the boat stable and safe in rough water). "The dual-stepped hull with straight strakes rides true and does not spin out when turned too tight like conventional hulls," Reindl said.

"This allows us to lease the boats even to people with no boating experience,” he pointed out. Reindl Powerboats leases powerboats to individuals, armatures and pros, anyone who wants to race. They also rent to corporate team building events anywhere there is water. “I really enjoy giving people the ride of their life and a chance to race,” Reindl said.

The boats name, "Early Detection" is a platform for the promotion of the life-saving benefits of the early testing and the early detection of cancer.

Allred says she was the only woman in her first race and that didn’t bother her at all. “Whoever wins the race is not determined by sex,” she said. “Out there on the race course it is a matter of skill, technology and competitiveness.” Although, she mused, “I do wish there were more women racers.”

She encourages women to get involved. “If you like to have fun… you will love this and once you get out there all fear is gone and the adrenalin takes over. It is a blast! I figure, hey you only live once right?”

Allred is into other extreme sports too: she enjoys dirt biking and skate boarding. “If you want to race you have to be mentally tough, it’s not for the lightweights,” she said, adding she especially likes it when she “gets air,” as the boat leaves the water and goes airborne.

“Jeannette is better than 99 percent of the guys I train,” Reindl said. He is so confident of her skills that he is throwing down a challenge for Lake Race 2016: “I’ll bet dinner and a drink at Captain Ron’s to anyone that can beat her.”

“Anyone that thinks they can take me, bring it!” Allred dared, with a smile.

To read more about Jeannette Allred or Chris Reindl visit www.reindlpowerboats.com.

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/girl-power-new-female-racer-to-compete-in-lake-race/article_0b3fbec2-2914-11e6-8224-bfeb605577c3.html