PDA

View Full Version : Bersa 9mm pistol

spitfire
12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I like the looks and appears to resonably priced, anyone have any input?
thanks, Bill

Sea-Dated
12-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Don't know anything about Bersa.

Nice looking gun though.

Sydwayz
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I also can't shed any light on the Bersa, but I bought the Ruger 9MM P95, SS. I've put about 200 rounds though it, and love the gun.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Pistols/Ruger_P95.jpg

Whatever you buy; I'd advise picking one out that has the accessory rail; it makes it real easy to add laser sight/tactical light combos right under the barrel.

Firing (poor video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskqKpopGeE

Takedown: (ok video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKf8KNsUwf8

Beak Boater
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I also can't shed any light on the Bersa, but I bought the Ruger 9MM P95, SS. I've put about 200 rounds though it, and love the gun.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Pistols/Ruger_P95.jpg

Whatever you buy; I'd advise picking one out that has the accessory rail; it makes it real easy to add laser sight/tactical light combos right under the barrel.

Firing (poor video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskqKpopGeE

Takedown: (ok video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKf8KNsUwf8Brian....have you had any problems with it jamming? Shot, the SR9 ruger, and it jammed every 10 rounds, range said that was normal until it wears in. Im going to by a Glock 17.

Sydwayz
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
It jammed on 2 rounds on the 2nd clip. That was it. I also read that this was normal. This was also when MS was firing it, so I attribute it to her as well. :D :D

Sea-Dated
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Brian....have you had any problems with it jamming? Shot, the SR9 ruger, and it jammed every 10 rounds, range said that was normal until it wears in. Im going to by a Glock 17.

Have you looked at the Springfield XD line?

I bought the 4" .40 instead of the Glock this year and I love it. Fits my hand better and it is just a more comfortable gun to me. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and never a single jam.

jmeng
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Have you looked at the Springfield XD line?

I bought the 4" .40 instead of the Glock this year and I love it. Fits my hand better and it is just a more comfortable gun to me. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and never a single jam.

The new XDM is sweet. Also check out the S&W MP line. All of them feel much better than a Glock to me.

jet
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a S/W 9 bout 400 round with no prob.......sorry bad pic

PARADOX
12-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm a bit of old fashion type.

Like the old 6 shooters. I was born in the wrong century.
Were there offshore boats in the 1800's ??

:)

gerritm
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Beak Boater;45816]Brian....have you had any problems with it jamming? Shot, the SR9 ruger, and it jammed every 10 rounds, range said that was normal until it wears in. Im going to by a Glock 17.[/QUOTE

I have the older Ruger P-89d and have shot several hundred rounds thru it with no jamming or problems. Kind of a larger gun, but has a good feel. It is DA and has a decocking feature and a solid safety. Fairly inexpensive.I have the SS version, between $350-$450.

Trim'd Up
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I have the XD as well. I love it! No issues and shoots awesome for a combat style gun. They are priced right too.

TurboJoe
12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I have the Walther P99, up to 500+ rounds with no jams for FTFs.

Chris
12-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Bersa is an inexpensive Argentinian import. Nothing to write home about. For low-buck, it would be an enjoyable shooter, but if the importer goes away (as they often do) you may be stuck for parts- auto pistols can be tough on springs, firing pins, ejectors, etc)

If you're looking for a well-made value in a lesser-seen handgun, check out the CZ pistols.

Formula 382 sr-1
12-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Brian....have you had any problems with it jamming? Shot, the SR9 ruger, and it jammed every 10 rounds, range said that was normal until it wears in. Im going to by a Glock 17.

:sifone:

Madpoodle
12-20-2008, 02:49 PM
S&W has a $50.00 rebate going for the holidays right now. Mine had an extra rebate card packed with it if someone were to need it :) :)

Audiofn
12-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I would look at the Sigs and HK's. I have probably run about 3000 rounds or more easy through both and neither has ever given me even the smallest of issues. Lasers and all that crap are toys. A good gun will go on target with little effort as long as it fits you well. What fits me may not fit you. Try lots of guns tell you find what aims up as soon as you raise it up.

gerritm
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I would look at the Sigs and HK's. I have probably run about 3000 rounds or more easy through both and neither has ever given me even the smallest of issues. Lasers and all that crap are toys. A good gun will go on target with little effort as long as it fits you well. What fits me may not fit you. Try lots of guns tell you find what aims up as soon as you raise it up.

Besides the Ruger, I have an HK Usp Tactical 40. Very good shooting semi with adjustable sights and the abilitiy to add a noise suppressor. I have a Muzzle brake on mine and it seems to tame some of the recoil for a second shot. Very accurate and never jams. I probably have a couple of thousand rounds thru it.

Audiofn
12-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Gerritm you may like the Sigs as well. Very similiar guns. I have small hands but like larger guns, so I put Pacmeir (sp) grips on mine. They now come up perfect every time.

gerritm
12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Gerritm you may like the Sigs as well. Very similiar guns. I have small hands but like larger guns, so I put Pacmeir (sp) grips on mine. They now come up perfect every time.

I did like and looked at the Sigs. The HK just fit a little better. I like a larger frame gun. I have the Pachmyer grips on my HK.

Audiofn
12-22-2008, 09:00 PM
I hated my Sig with the factory grips but with the Pachmyers I actually like it better then the HK. The HK does have standard grips however to be fair

Geronimo36
12-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I went shooting for the first time about a month ago. I figured I would suk but apparently I don't..

First gun was a 38 revolver, 5 for 5 in the 5X circle.. Round 2, a 22, 5 for 5. Round 3, 9mil, 5 for 5. All shots were from about 20 yards. Last of the hand-guns was a 55 caliber, single shooter... Holy crap, that thing has some kick!!!! I blew apart the targets sternum.. lol

Next it was off to the riffles and various targets about 75 yards. In structor started asking me again if I ever shot a gun, he didn't believe me.... Then I moved over to the AR-15, that thing is sick!!!!

Lastly went over to the skeet shooting.. I went 9 of 10. The first 5 were all in the same direction, 5 for 5. The second 5 were random and the instructor told me I missed one of the easy ones.

So that was my day at the gun range. After that my friends were pretty pissed off because they didnt' shoot so well... lol... :)

Wardey
12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
I have and carry both of these. The Kahr CW.45 A.C.P. and the Kahr PM .40 S&W I like them both. Light weight and very reliable. Those are two of my favorites for carry weapons. Dave

spitfire
12-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the input, just looking to pick up something reliable and fairly priced for the "starter" pistol. Keep the info coming. Bill

Audiofn
12-24-2008, 06:49 PM
If you want a good starter pistol then my suggestions would be Sig. or HK. You will not get hurt with the value of the gun and they are extreamly well made. If you are going to carry often then do a lot of research and testing of different guns. If you are only going to carry once in a while then I would go revolver with the shaved hammer. Something like the S&W model 4XX guns. They even make the light weight guns that are fantastic. Don't discount a .22 as well. They are fun to shoot because they are cheap to shoot and can be extreamly accurate. When you can buy a box of that stuff for 20 bucks or a box of my Dan Wesson custom rounds for about 2.50 each. Some of this stuff can make your boat CHEAP!!! Lets just say you can get into a FFratelli Rizzini for about a cool 250,000 bucks.

Chris
12-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Very true. No place is the phrase "you get what you pay for" any truer than with firearms. There are some values out there but there are no giveaways.

Quinlan
12-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Finally had a chance to shoot my 44 Desert Eagle the other day. Oh yea!! Got to LOVE America.

Tony
12-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Besides the Ruger, I have an HK Usp Tactical 40. Very good shooting semi with adjustable sights and the abilitiy to add a noise suppressor. I have a Muzzle brake on mine and it seems to tame some of the recoil for a second shot. Very accurate and never jams. I probably have a couple of thousand rounds thru it.

Stick a Capital City Vortex flash suppressor on your tac, you will like it. ;)

Audiofn
12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Finally had a chance to shoot my 44 Desert Eagle the other day. Oh yea!! Got to LOVE America.

You mean Isrial :D:D

Quinlan
12-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Good Point

Slick02
12-28-2008, 06:52 AM
My personal carry is either a Colt Mustang 380 when its warm enough to go without a jacket or vest in a small of the back holster, and when it's cool enough I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II in a inside the pants holster made by High Noon.

Wardey
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input, just looking to pick up something reliable and fairly priced for the "starter" pistol. Keep the info coming. Bill

Look into the S&W "J" Frame .38's. Around the $400.00 mark and you won't find a more reliable, fair priced handgun. Dave

Madpoodle
12-28-2008, 10:45 AM
My personal carry is either a Colt Mustang 380 when its warm enough to go without a jacket or vest in a small of the back holster, and when it's cool enough I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II in a inside the pants holster made by High Noon.

Luv my pocketlite :) :)

Hollowpoint
12-28-2008, 03:03 PM
You do get what you pay for in firearms. I have a Bersa .380, and probably have less than 1000 rounds thru it. Have not kept track of misfires/jams, but I would bet close to 20. My 1911 45ACP has proven very reliable with minimal jams (especially after I had some smithing done to it. But I saved the BEST for last. My 9mm Taurus (Old style that is NOT a drop hammer safety) probably has between 8000 & 9000 rounds thru it and has only had 2 MISFIRES! Both happened the same day in single digit temps. Other than that, it's been PERFECT!

I have also had/heard of very reliable results with the S&W and the Sig, in both 9 & 10mm.

gerritm
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Stick a Capital City Vortex flash suppressor on your tac, you will like it. ;)

I went to their website and couldn't get it to work. I have a muzzle brake from Autoburst. They also make a flash supressor, when I spoke to them they said the brake works better and does more for the accuracy of the gun. I have fired about 100 rounds with the brake and it does take some of the recoil out and the gun is very accurate. I think the suppressor looks better. Here is a link to Autoburst. They have some cool stuff. Very nice quality.

http://www.autoburst.net/USP45.html

Tony
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
The CCP website seems to be down, their Vortex looks a lot like the Autoburst Vortex accpet CCP has a twist in the notches.

HiZ
02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
XD - out of the box accuracy that doesn't quit!

CZ 40B - also very reliable and true.

They are the two that i like to shoot with

Slick02
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Luv my pocketlite :) :)

Great little concealment piece, its a shame Colt discontinued it. One of the most comfortable carries I own.

Slick02
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I have and carry both of these. The Kahr CW.45 A.C.P. and the Kahr PM .40 S&W I like them both. Light weight and very reliable. Those are two of my favorites for carry weapons. Dave

The Kahr 45 acp looks alot like the Taurus PT145 that I've got as a "disposable gun"....Sounds ugly,,doesn't it?:26:

ImaPoser
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone with experience with STI? Took the wife shopping for a CCW 9mm, and she liked this best of all. She also like the walther(same as her 380), but she said the STI just felt right.