PDA

View Full Version : Long Duck Dong aka LDD / Steve Thomas / Extreme Remarketing

cig1988
12-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Hopefully a google search will reveal the title of this thread. Buyer be the judge!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html
(long thread worth the reading)

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...ed-time-6.html

http://www.extremeremarketing.com/

1) LDD and buyer strike a deal on the boat

2) LDD draws up a contract that favor HIS interests much more then the buyer.

3) Buyer sees that the boat was damaged at the ramp while launching as was the trailer

3a) LDD did not tell prostock about any of the damages, prostock read about the damage and saw the damages in pictures posted on Boatfreaks AFTER he had send the 14k

4) Buyer asks for a survey from LDD and never gets it. LDD assures him that it was sent but never does.

5) Buyer gets cold feet because LDD is not providing the requested information.

6) The final payment is not sent on time (or ever)
------>The buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

7) LDD talks to the buyer 3 days after the final payment was due and LDD tells him to pound sand even though the buyer offers to wire the balance that day.

8) LDD puts the boat up for sale again on ebay. He waites for the auction to end how ever many days later and accepts a little over 17K for the boat that he sold the original buyer for almost 30K

8a) LDD listed the boat on ebay, made a side deal with a guy for 18k, screwed him out of that as well and sold it off ebay to an unkown guy for $20,600

9) LDD never offers to send the difference of the sale price back to buyer untill much later when he is confronted by others.

10) The confusing part is that it seems that the Ebay buyers did not buy the boat either and there are other people that got screwed out of the boat.

11) Buyer seemingly is going to take the lesson learned and vanish into obscurity and not go after LDD as he does not have the means to bring the suit.

12) Buyer in cassuall conversation with other board memebers tells the story and the other members get involved.

13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.

14) New thread is up and we are finding out that LDD scammed others on the boat, deal gone bad with Joker, speaker deal gone bad.......

Offshore Ginger
12-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Give me a break and let it rest , this issue should be addressed in court by a judge because there are two sides to every story and why drag this $HIT from OSO to boat freaks to here , besides most people are tired of hearing about it and it seems like you have an ax to grind . I came to this site hoping that it would be fresh and all the other bull$hit would be put to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:rant::rant:

Chris
12-13-2008, 07:38 AM
I heard something interesting yesterday- in reference to the governor of Illinois. I believe it was the Illinois attorney general, who was petitioning the state supreme court to have him removed from office. Essentially "Innocent until proven guilty is a nice concept, but when you have them on tape admitting the act, it's pretty clear what needs to be done".

Steve described in great detail the deal he was involved in and I don't believe anyone agreed with his actions on keeping any funds beyond the initial deposit. There's also the issue about his dealings with Joker that were well documented and the thread that surfaced on the 4WD site where he took funds but didn't deliver and stopped returning calls. adn instances in private conversations with people close to the SO family where he flat-out lied.

This site was founded on the principle that any and all were welcome here regardless of past behavior elsewhere- except for those who are known to have committed dishonest acts. So far, things that have been issues on other boards have not happened here- and I believe it's a better place as a result. In the case of Steve, AKA Long Duck Dong, the Board had significant discussions and a vote regarding his presence here and we determined as a group that his actions constituted a situation where he was not welcome here.

As far as other sites, OSO has left the debate up for all to see and make their own decision. BF deletes all threads in reference to the issue. My personal viewpoint is that an informed individual can look at what's there- in Steve's own words- and decide for themselves prior to doing business with him.

cig1988
12-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Give me a break and let it rest , this issue should be addressed in court by a judge because there are two sides to every story and why drag this $HIT from OSO to boat freaks to here , besides most people are tired of hearing about it and it seems like you have an ax to grind . I came to this site hoping that it would be fresh and all the other bull$hit would be put to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:rant::rant:

As I said "buyer be the judge". Not me .... not you... the buyer period. Google is a great research tool and with luck this post may surface. Unless Chris, Brian or any of the founding members have a problem with this I'll delete it. OR if LDD does the right thing this thread will be deleted as well.

MarylandMark
12-13-2008, 09:07 AM
BF deletes all threads in reference to the issue.

Let's not turn this in to a site vs site issue. The more places the situation is posted the better off it is for all boaters. It was agreed upon after this went public to have all the threads on BF deleted except one which had a link to the thread on OSO to keep all the info in one place...

From page 22 (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong-22.html) on the LDD thread on OSO:

Gentlemen,

for those of you that don't know, I am the Admin of Boatfreaks. I feel that I need to clear up a few misconceptions about what has been going on here with reference to our board.

1. To Prostock. I hope that you worded the above quoted post wrong, because BF's had NOTHING to do with your dealing with LDD. Is he a member and poster there? Yes. same as he is here. But Boatfreaks had nothing to do with this boat deal, good bad or otherwise.

2. To Laken. Believe me, LDD is not being "protected" on Boatfreaks. I requested that people not start a similar thread on BF's to this one here that has more than 400 posts.

Why did I request that a thread on BF's not be started? The reason is, that I have been involved with this matter since before there was even a thread on OSO. Anthony (Nordic 95) and I have been in constant contact over the last week or so about this deal. I have also been in contact with LDD over the same time frame about this deal. In the beginning, it looked like there was a possibility of a settlement, which would have ended this before it began. We know now that did not happen. We are also aware now, that the lawyers are involved in this, and it is going to go forward from there. As I and just about everyone that has posted on this thread are NOT lawyers, none of us are qualified to make legal judgments on this deal.

As far as the moral issues involved, I've made my personal opinion clear to Anthony and LDD that I think the deal was wrong, and that the money should not have been kept.

With that being said, I would ask that you respect the members of Boatfreaks, and not start posts and threads there about this issue.

To make sure that our members are aware of this situation, I have done a thread on Boatfreaks referencing this with a link to this thread. That way they can read it if they wish to, and form their own opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me on this, I can be PM'ed or emailed through Boatfreaks.

Thanks!

Zone 5
Administrator
www.boatfreaks.org

BoatFreaks has some of the most liberal posting rules, if some thing starts getting "dirty" the posters are warned before the thread is shut down and/or split in to another thread moved the the playground, etc. You can't delete post after 15 minutes so what is posted stays. In this instance one would have to wonder if that rules was not in place if the pics of the dock rash, LDD"s photo's and lifestyle, etc would still be available (of which PS thanked BF for).

PARADOX
12-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Please… let’s not have SOS contaminated with all the BS.
Have those two idiots work it out themselves, or in court. No reason to have a bunch of posts here also.

THEJOKER
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I think Cig's intentions was to let the google searches pull up all of his scamming.

Chris
12-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree we don't need to duplicate or rehash the story. But what's out there is out there. Knowing about it harms no one.

There is no site-vs-site here. I wish them all well and the best of luck in what they do. I was unaware there was a statement posted over there.

THEJOKER
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I think we have our own niche' here and I see no contest between the sites. This site will continue to grow by providing great customer service to it's members. People can already tell we're personal , and very well managed.

MarylandMark
12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree we don't need to duplicate or rehash the story. But what's out there is out there. Knowing about it harms no one.

There is no site-vs-site here. I wish them all well and the best of luck in what they do. I was unaware there was a statement posted over there.

+1

Cig did a good job in the original post linking the original thread. I think it is great to have a thread here just as it is great to have one on BF, SW, S&F, etc, however as you stated- no reason to re-hash the the whole story. The more that know, the more that know.

I didn't mean to imply anyone stirring the pot in a site vs site pissing contest. It seems that is the way most of these threads go so was trying to catch it before the it went down that road. I posted Zone 5's quote to get the right info out there as BF is/was not protecting anyone and was involved in trying to settle the situation before it even hit the level reached.

Just trying to share why what was being done where to clear the air.

As a Charter Member and Original Inaugural SOS Poker Runner it is my duty to provide pertinent information when I can; the rest (and most) of it will be my normal BS.

:biggrinjester:

runninhotracing
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
As I said "buyer be the judge". Not me .... not you... the buyer period. Google is a great research tool and with luck this post may surface. Unless Chris, Brian or any of the founding members have a problem with this I'll delete it. OR if LDD does the right thing this thread will be deleted as well.

Wow with all the Boating Topics to pick from to start a thread about :sifone:and this is all you could muster up :seeya:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

runninhotracing
12-13-2008, 12:57 PM

# sides to every story :boxing_smiley:
Easy there BIG Daddy dont get flustered , what did i tell ya bout mixin your meds with Alcohol:rofl:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Buoy
12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
People can already tell we're personal , and very well managed.

Umm, Yeah, Umm, Sure...:dupe:

TEAMBAJA
12-13-2008, 02:49 PM
who cares on a forum board?......its the internet....I dont care what anyone on here thinks about me personally, morally, or any other way....

As I said before and I will say it again, this is the internet my man. My reputation on this board is shot and it really doesnt bother me what you people think about me, my business, or my boat.....

This pretty much sums up the entire thread.

Buoy
12-13-2008, 02:54 PM
This pretty much sums up the entire thread.

You've got that right.

I've had the opportunity to meet in person many of the people I know from this board.
Got the chance to sit down and break bread.
And everyone of them has looked me straight in the eye without a blink.
Several more of you are on the list of people to meet up with.

At least Steve is being honest about who/how he is.
Not invited to my table.

Offshore Ginger
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
# sides to every story :boxing_smiley:
Easy there BIG Daddy dont get flustered , what did i tell ya bout mixin your meds with Alcohol:rofl:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:Doc i just cant help myself Dillaudid / Vicodin and a very dry Manhatten , yeah baby :26::rofl::rofl:

cig1988
12-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Please… let’s not have SOS contaminated with all the BS.
Have those two idiots work it out themselves, or in court. No reason to have a bunch of posts here also.

Totally agree...Please no negativity at all on this thread as this is for information purposes only.

cig1988
12-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Wow with all the Boating Topics to pick from to start a thread about :sifone:and this is all you could muster up :seeya:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

It's an information super highway nation..Rock on big daddy!

Switzer It
12-14-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't believe we're still talking about this......

runninhotracing
12-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I can't believe we're still talking about this......

still talking about this......[/
Now thats Funny :rofl: Dont leave em much else to do when dont eat Puzzy and no more wood LMAO:sifone:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Rexone
12-15-2008, 08:14 AM
13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.

I'm not real familiar with this situation. I can tell you though as mod on performanceboats we have the site set so the thread starter cannot delete the thread. Any poster can edit content including the thread starter on his post but the thread can only be deleted by a level headed moderator.

Purpose - much effort and time is put into many threads by many members. It is a shame to lose all that at the whim of the thread starter if he or she doesn't like the result of what's posted. If it's a bs thread the mods delete it. If it has good content though it remains.

Just a suggestion... :)

MarylandMark
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
+1

I love that idea! I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..

Offshore Ginger
12-15-2008, 04:02 PM
+1

I love that idea! I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing.. Intelligent , and knowledgeable , :rofl::rofl::rofl: i can see the swelling on your shoulders as i write .:rofl::rofl::rofl::biggrinjester:

Knot 4 Me
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Dong just got himself banned from OSO and the thread about the contract dispute is locked down. Hopefully this is the last we hear of/from him.

Wrinkleface
12-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I think he's been banned about 100 X!

Nordic95
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Who is LDD????

Nordic95

Bgchuby01
12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
nordic95 aren't you the same name on the other site

Audiofn
12-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Cig1988 in the interest of all info being correct between 6 and 7 you need to add that the buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

I have no problem with a post like this as I will tell you. I had some bad dealings with a guy on some motors that I Purchased. He acted just as LDD did. He laughed at me and told me I was not going to be able to effect his business. Well over time people were doing google searches on his name and you guessed it my thread on OSO always came up first. Eventually he paid me just to get the thread to go away. So these things do work and the internet is a lot more powerfull then some people (like LDD) want to give it credit for. He sells a lot of cars on the internet it would appear. My guess is eventually he will want the thread gone, if for nothing else so that his kids don't have to read what a scam artist he is.

Jon

cig1988
12-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Jon
Edit is done thanks. It was almost impossible to read every single post and you had the best idea to post all the events that I copied and paste...hope ya didn't mind.
I do remember that dealing you had with the engines from CA if I'm not mistaken. Glad you finally worked things out and had the balls to post that thread. That definetly got some attention from the person in question.
Google is a powerfull tool to say the least. About a year ago I hired an individual with a glowing resume and had googled everything but his name. By chance I searched with his name and low and behold he was a proffesional con which was recently released from prison. Had a rap sheet dating back well into the 70's in and out of jail in several states. This dude even scammed a bail bond/bounty hunter company in the midwest.
Scammers come and go on these sites to prey on trusting people like us. It is good to know that we can all stick together and weed them out....eventually.
Stan

yesrej
12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Look at the first post in this thread.

hes only kidding. hes the one that started the oso thread...troublemaker

Nordic95
12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
hes only kidding. hes the one that started the oso thread...troublemaker

Hey I resemble that remark. And yes I started it and I'll finish it.I personally paid the retainer for the lawyer and PS and Joker are going to kick in some funds in a couple days.I couldnt wait to get the ball rolling so lets see what happens now.Sorry Baja I was only kidding....

Thanks Anthony R.

fund razor
12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
+1

I love that idea! I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..
How does this work alongside you deleting all those posts when OSO curbed you? ;) :D
Just askin. :D

PARADOX
12-17-2008, 09:20 PM
+1

I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..

Mark. !!! That just made my shoulder hurt even more.. Got to take a pill now. :rofl:

MarylandMark
12-18-2008, 06:06 AM
How does this work alongside you deleting all those posts when OSO curbed you? ;) :D
Just askin. :D

Exactly what makes me think this idea is great!

I knew I would never send another dime to OSO so cleaned up the sections I wouldn't have access to anymore. Then I thought, well- they sell content and bandwidth- they are not worthy of profiting on my knowledge and the self poofing started.

I think of it like the corner bar with new management that ruined the joint. Nobody forces me go there and I don't but every so often someone from the old hood wants to hang out there so I do but not where my normal bar stool antics take place.

fund razor
12-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Exactly what makes me think this idea is great!

I knew I would never send another dime to OSO so cleaned up the sections I wouldn't have access to anymore. Then I thought, well- they sell content and bandwidth- they are not worthy of profiting on my knowledge and the self poofing started.

I think of it like the corner bar with new management that ruined the joint. Nobody forces me go there and I don't but every so often someone from the old hood wants to hang out there so I do but not where my normal bar stool antics take place.
You took your bar stool. :D

I had too many posts to delete. So I just tried to make sure that they had no value from the start.

old377guy
12-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Cig1988 in the interest of all info being correct between 6 and 7 you need to add that the buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

I have no problem with a post like this as I will tell you. I had some bad dealings with a guy on some motors that I Purchased. He acted just as LDD did. He laughed at me and told me I was not going to be able to effect his business. Well over time people were doing google searches on his name and you guessed it my thread on OSO always came up first. Eventually he paid me just to get the thread to go away. So these things do work and the internet is a lot more powerfull then some people (like LDD) want to give it credit for. He sells a lot of cars on the internet it would appear. My guess is eventually he will want the thread gone, if for nothing else so that his kids don't have to read what a scam artist he is.

Jon

I seem to remember that playing out over on OSO a few years back - some guy from the bay area(??); glad it worked out well for you - Jeff

Audiofn
12-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes you remember that well. He made good eventually and I removed the post as per our agreement.

SunTime
01-25-2009, 12:33 PM
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=12515

As my first post may I show how you have all been a great help to him in selling his POS boat. Still a duche bag, who'd be supprised. Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?

Buoy
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM

As my first post may I show how you have all been a great help to him in selling his POS boat. Still a duche bag, who'd be supprised. Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?

Whoever bought it must have known what they were getting into, and hopefully got it for what they were willing to give.
If they didn't know the story behind the boat, it's their own fault for not investigating. There is plenty of info out there on him and this boat.
We didn't help him sell his boat.
We put all the info out there about it that we could.
Yes, still a D bag.
Appears he has no desire to change that about his rep either.
As far a s LCM... We'll see.

Ratickle
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?

Went over and checked, didn't see anything inflammatory yet.

phragle
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I see his new job as sales manager for hideaway marine pays well enough to get a new boat.

SunTime
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM

Dunno, I'd think people owed money to them would find this inflammatory.

The naysayers are the ones that sold it really...Thanks Guys!

VtSteve
01-25-2009, 03:19 PM

From reading all of the various posts, it would appear that LDD would be welcome there regardless of what he did. It would be a heads up for me personally if any vendor is well regarded there. I hate to paint with such a broad brush, but it would appear OJ would be welcomed there.

Offshore Ginger
01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy along with a few others on this site . I have to say regardless of what everybody thinks we should just give it a rest . My god man how long can you drag something out and not act like a bunch of bickering hens .:rant::rolleyes::moon::huh::banghead:

SunTime
01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy? Not in my book now or ever. You've decided to turn a blind eye to these dealings - other's need not - nor will not until he becomes the stand up guy you may think he is.

So those on the mud forums who as of 1/24 cannot reach him via e-mail nor phone are all lying?

nterestingly enough, he sounded pretty reasonable in his emails and posts to me. But I still haven't heard from him since his email December 10th. Nada, nothing, zip. No speaker box, no Paypal refund. I hear the name Steve Thomas, and my insides turn over.

I've sent him a few more emails asking that he have the smallest sense of decency and refund our money. We've been more than patient. And why punish the guys trying to help him recover the expenses it cost to build the boxes? It's not as if he owes us thousands of dollars - it'd cost more than that just to defend himself in court!! Oh, how I wish I'd spoken up when he was being decent in November - my gut told me to, and if I had listened then I would have gotten a full refund without any drama.

Now we get to join the drama occurring on other forums across the net. Yay. If Someone who cares happens to have information that would help support a legal claim, I'd be interested in a PM.

Offshore Ginger
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy? Not in my book now or ever. You've decided to turn a blind eye to these dealings - other's need not - nor will not until he becomes the stand up guy you may think he is. Like i said can we not just give it a rest because this is getting so very old and why not let the court's decide on this issue before passing judgement .:26:

Ratickle
01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Dunno, I'd think people owed money to them would find this inflammatory.

Maybe, I think they know that's not the truth though. I'm not saying anything positive, or negative about him. I'm just saying I didn't see anything that would implicate Freaks as any kind of a harborer to the situation going to court.

stainless
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy along with a few others on this site . I have to say regardless of what everybody thinks we should just give it a rest . My god man how long can you drag something out and not act like a bunch of bickering hens .:rant::rolleyes::moon::huh::banghead:

Till he pays up ??????:biggrinjester:

sutphen30
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM

From reading all of the various posts, it would appear that LDD would be welcome there regardless of what he did. It would be a heads up for me personally if any vendor is well regarded there. I hate to paint with such a broad brush, but it would appear OJ would be welcomed there.

So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy? Not in my book now or ever. You've decided to turn a blind eye to these dealings - other's need not - nor will not until he becomes the stand up guy you may think he is.

So those on the mud forums who as of 1/24 cannot reach him via e-mail nor phone are all lying?

This is posted for Zone 5, who is the Admin on Boatfreaks.

We have been through all of this on oso when the whole boat thing started. I posted a sticky on Boatfreaks that explained exactly what had happened with the boat and let people make their own minds up about LDD.

When he attemped to put his Fountain up for sale, I removed it from Boatfreaks the same day, as Boatfreaks was not going to be involved with any of his boat sales.

Boatfreaks is NOT going to be judge and jury about anyone. We have put the information on our board for anyone to see. As far as any of LDD's dealing that may or may not be legal, we will let the courts figure it out.

I would suggest that those of you that are just now getting involved with this talk with Nordic95, or Dave Stecz before you slander BF's, as all of us have had many conversations about this.

As far as Boatfreaks "protecting" LDD, thats pure BS. No, I haven't banned him, but as I have already said, there is plenty of information on our board about the Chris Cat sale, and the Fountain sale was NOT done nor listed on BF's.

If anyone has any specifc issues with it, I would ask that you PM me through BF's and I will be glad to answer any and all of your questions.

Thanks!

Zone 5
Administrator
WWW.Boatfreaks.Org

cat n around
01-26-2009, 01:12 AM
I have had several dealings with him could not be better

stecz20
01-26-2009, 01:42 AM
boatfreaks is doing what we and most other forums do, let the courts decide... doug and myself have had many converstaions about this issue, i can assure you that freaks is not covering up for anybody... you wanna talk about steve thats fine, leave boatfreaks out of this.. you want first hand info, ill tell you the whole story if you want to hear it....

VtSteve
01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Love to hear the whole story.

The only reason I commented on BF is the obvious, and LDD states he sold his boat through a BF ad.

SunTime
01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Like i said can we not just give it a rest because this is getting so very old and why not let the court's decide on this issue before passing judgement .:26:

I'm all for the courts deciding the boat issue. However much like Fred Cecil he's developed a pattern of screwing folks over that the courts are not involved with - the people STILL owed money to from the Mud Forums for one. (which he lies about on boatfreaks)
Much like the the Fred Cecil saga we hear some say "he's a stand up guy -let it go- enough already - he'll make it right - you got him wrong - etc etc etc" Like the Fred Cecil saga it's time to "wake up and smell the coffee"
You are innocent till proven guilty but once you develope a pattern your likely not going to be allowed to go about buisness as usual. Why in the world he's allowed to go about biz as usual on BF (besides the ad) when other legit people are not allowed to discuss him and his dealings beyond the OSO fiasco is oxymoron as hell.

Like Fred Cecil he's made his bed so no reason to ignore it/ let it go nor go about it hush hush.

Offshore Ginger
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
SUPTHEN 30 thank you for the posting and i agree with everything that zone 5 had to say.:sifone:

Audiofn
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Keeping the preasure on LDD is the only hope that he will eventually feel the preasure of his wrong doings and come clean and pay this guy back. Eventually it will start to hurt his business and he will realize that it is not worth it to keep this kids money. I could never do to some one what he has done. Makes me want to puke.

LaughingCat
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
This is how capitalism and free market works. You are free to do business with whomever you want. If you screw someone, they are free to tell people about it. This community is based on watching out for each other and promoting our beloved sport. When someone comes into the community with bad business dealings, we owe it to each other to project the proper warnings.

Ginger, if you are concerned because a friend of yours is geting harsh treatment or drilled for too long, that's the road he chose. Courts are the appropriate direction to take. However, there is no cease & desist order or injunction from further bad business practices, so it is entirely fair for the boating community to carry the conversation and help others avoid the same fate.

I've had friends that were great to socialize with but would NEVER do business with. You are good to defend his character, but it doesn't mean the boating community is going to be lenient.

Everyone should keep it civil and informative and keep it going. If he feels the discussion and ongoing discontent is damaging his business, he should engage the discussion and work towards a resolution that shows him worthy of doing business with.

LaughingCat
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
BTW it does get boring and repetitive when people debate whether his actions were legal or not. That is for the courts to decide. What is worth continuing is a discussion of what other businesses/people share similar tactics so the community can be warned.

Maybe a future enhancement for OSO/BF/SOS, etc would be a rating system like E-bay with positive, neutral and negative scores with rebuttal comments.

buck
01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy?

I have seen the inheritance issue mentioned more times than I can count. To be honest I have yet to see why it's an issue where the money came from. He acquired the money and chose to spend it how he saw fit. I personally found it down right dumb, yes I said dumb, to spend the money he inheritted on a depreciating asset to begin with. Just because it was inheritance doesn't make it any more worse or better.

That being said, I still don't agree with how things went down on the deal.

Buck

Prostock85
01-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Buck, I agree. a lot of this has become repetitive, but it is winter up here... I have basically kept to myself. The court thing is a slow battle. For a while he either chose to ignore the letters being mailed, or just hung them up with pride.

Either way, the lawyers have spoken and if nothing gets resolved in the next few days then comes court. 30 day or so wait until he gets served then its up to the courts.

stecz20
01-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Buck, I agree. a lot of this has become repetitive, but it is winter up here... I have basically kept to myself. The court thing is a slow battle. For a while he either chose to ignore the letters being mailed, or just hung them up with pride.

Either way, the lawyers have spoken and if nothing gets resolved in the next few days then comes court. 30 day or so wait until he gets served then its up to the courts.

good, im glad you are going after him.. if nothing at all comes out of this at least people know what hes about... i wish you luck in getting your money back..

sutphen30
01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Love to hear the whole story.

The only reason I commented on BF is the obvious, and LDD states he sold his boat through a BF ad.

As Zone 5 said, PM him on BF's and he will be glad to tell you.

as far as the Fountain sale, it did not happen on BF's, and when LDD did put up an ad for it, Z5 removed it.

If you check BF's you will see a note in Red in the LDD post correcting him about the ad. (post#1)

nortech4play
01-27-2009, 01:22 AM

as far as the Fountain sale, it did not happen on BF's, and when LDD did put up an ad for it, Z5 removed it.

If you check BF's you will see a note in Red in the LDD post correcting him about the ad. (post#1)

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=12515&page=3

Yes he did and what I find interesting is LDD still keeps stepping in his own doings...keep reading down page 3 to post #40 then Zone 5's response in #43...

Seems like he's about to get booted from the last boating site that will have him....I can't say that I'll miss the drama but when there is nothing to do in the winter it does pass the time....

VtSteve
01-27-2009, 07:45 AM

I did just that. LDD seems intent on rubbing everyone's nose in this issue, including Z5. Sorry if my post was misleading, just pointed out a discrepancy. Z5 did what he had to do. It's a big world out there, and nobody's figured out a way to deal with people like LDD without ruining it for everybody.

SunTime
01-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I like the "him against the mob" insinuation.
Dumber then a box of rocks and delusional as well.

Brian41
01-27-2009, 09:58 AM

Offshore you defend him on BF and here? Whats the old saying about the company you keep !!!!!!!

Chris
01-27-2009, 10:56 AM

It's the position of the Board that one of our greater interests is in protecting our membership from the unscrupulous. We are not nor will we judge this or any other individual. But when we see an irrefutable pattern of questionable behavior, our belief is that the membership should have access to that information solely for the purposes of making their own decisions.

If you believe that misrepresentation of products for sale and keeping a 50% deposit on a sale- when the individual is attempting to close that sale, is representative of what you term "being a stand-up guy", then you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. But having followed this saga, it appears you would be the only one holding that belief. However, you most likely have learned what you needed to oknow in order to form this opinion from reading about it on on-line forums. As have others. We won't deny those people the information on which to form their own enlightened opinions before transacting business with this individual.

As far as "dragging this out", it seems that the issue is ongoing and yet to be resolved. As such, it continues to hold some interest to some people. I won't presume to tell people what to be interested in or what to discuss.

runninhotracing
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Keeping the preasure on LDD is the only hope that he will eventually feel the preasure of his wrong doings and come clean and pay this guy back. Eventually it will start to hurt his business and he will realize that it is not worth it to keep this kids money. I could never do to some one what he has done. Makes me want to puke.

Keeping the preasure on LDD is the only hope that he will eventually feel the preasure of his wrong doings and come clean and pay this guy back. :sifone:

So you really think hes loosing sleep over it ?mmmmm 3 sides to every story ...

Inheritance $$$ = sympathy votes :03:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

VtSteve
01-27-2009, 11:20 AM
It's the position of the Board that one of our greater interests is in protecting our membership from the unscrupulous. We are not nor will we judge this or any other individual. But when we see an irrefutable pattern of questionable behavior, our belief is that the membership should have access to that information solely for the purposes of making their own decisions.

If you believe that misrepresentation of products for sale and keeping a 50% deposit on a sale- when the individual is attempting to close that sale, is representative of what you term "being a stand-up guy", then you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. But having followed this saga, it appears you would be the only one holding that belief. However, you most likely have learned what you needed to oknow in order to form this opinion from reading about it on on-line forums. As have others. We won't deny those people the information on which to form their own enlightened opinions before transacting business with this individual.

As far as "dragging this out", it seems that the issue is ongoing and yet to be resolved. As such, it continues to hold some interest to some people. I won't presume to tell people what to be interested in or what to discuss.

The most stand-up comment I've heard on this type of topic. You should be commended for having the stones to state this opinion, based on character. I think comments on other sites have been pretty transparent, and people can form their own opinions.

I think the community at large appreciates yours Chris.

Wrinkleface
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM

George could not have stated it better!!!!!!!:sifone:

Nordic95
01-27-2009, 11:40 PM
As many of you know I have my own opinion about this clown.I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to talk some sense into him and it goes in one ear and out the other.Our lawyer has sent a few certified letters to him and none have been delivered.One came back saying he no longer lives here.Must be his ex's address.Even his secretary will not sign for him and he is never in according to her.So our last resort before filing with court was to contact his lawyer that LDD claims was hired when all this went down.The lawyer claims he just did a favor and made a phone call to us but now he will have to contact LDD to collect a retainer before he can reply.So we are giving some time and if we have no response then we can file with the court.I thought we could just file with the court on day one but our lawyer advised us that giving more than adequate time to resolve the situation on his own after legal council has be retained would look better for us in the judges eyes.Does this sound right to you guys?Well either way we are just along for the ride.But when we have our day in court I think I may have to video the proceedings so everyone her can see our buddy LDD in action.Maybe every new SOS member can receive a free DVD of it when they sign up!!!!!!

Nordic95

PS...Can anybody help find any new addresses for this clown?

PARADOX
01-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Oohhh my gaaawwd. This still going on??
I think I just wait till the movie comes out. This is truly redicilous. :ack2:

cig1988
01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Well said Chris.
How many bridges can this fool burn?

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Offshore you defend him on BF and here? Whats the old saying about the company you keep !!!!!!!Dude you dont even know me and i would appreciate it if you leave at that for the pure fact that i have know Steve for quite some time now and i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt , beside's a man is innocent untill proven guilty .I really wish that everybody would just give it a rest and let the legal system do there job because just when you think this is all said and done ,somebody has to pull it out of the woodwork again and like i said on a previous post this whole thing is getting very old.:rant::mad: back and forth back and forth and with so much drama.:rofl::rofl:

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Oohhh my gaaawwd. This still going on??
I think I just wait till the movie comes out. This is truly redicilous. :ack2: Man you sure got that right and with all this drama nobody would want to watch the movie because everybody would know how it turned out. Paradox whats your take on what the movie should be called .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::)

boatme
01-28-2009, 07:12 AM
As many of you know I have my own opinion about this clown.I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to talk some sense into him and it goes in one ear and out the other.Our lawyer has sent a few certified letters to him and none have been delivered.One came back saying he no longer lives here.Must be his ex's address.Even his secretary will not sign for him and he is never in according to her.So our last resort before filing with court was to contact his lawyer that LDD claims was hired when all this went down.The lawyer claims he just did a favor and made a phone call to us but now he will have to contact LDD to collect a retainer before he can reply.So we are giving some time and if we have no response then we can file with the court.I thought we could just file with the court on day one but our lawyer advised us that giving more than adequate time to resolve the situation on his own after legal council has be retained would look better for us in the judges eyes.Does this sound right to you guys?Well either way we are just along for the ride.But when we have our day in court I think I may have to video the proceedings so everyone her can see our buddy LDD in action.Maybe every new SOS member can receive a free DVD of it when they sign up!!!!!!

Nordic95

PS...Can anybody help find any new addresses for this clown?

Been through something similar and all I can tell you is the lawyers will pull each others chains for a long long time without resolving this

You need to literally burn your lawyer’s ears back to resolve this

Stay on him and TELL HIM what you expect otherwise you are just one in 20 other cases he has to work on Hold him accountable as to “when will we serve him? What date” “what is next and when will we do that” then follow up with him on the time frame he promised you

I can guarantee this will drag on a long time as very few attorneys have any interest in a quick resolve. They have adapted to the philosophy that “It takes time” and figure you will wait on them when they get around to it

jhenrie
01-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Dude you dont even know me and i would appreciate it if you leave at that for the pure fact that i have know Steve for quite some time now and i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt , beside's a man is innocent untill proven guilty .I really wish that everybody would just give it a rest and let the legal system do there job because just when you think this is all said and done ,somebody has to pull it out of the woodwork again and like i said on a previous post this whole thing is getting very old.:rant::mad: back and forth back and forth and with so much drama.:rofl::rofl:

You better get used to this crap if you're hangin with ldd . He is a piece of garbage. The world would be a better place without him.

cigdaze
01-28-2009, 08:51 AM
...beside's a man is innocent untill proven guilty...

You must have missed the part of the thread on OSO where he clearly admitted to doing what he did, he simply doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Wrinkleface
01-28-2009, 08:53 AM
,somebody has to pull it out of the woodwork again and like i said on a previous post this whole thing is getting very old.:rant::mad: back and forth back and forth and with so much drama.:rofl::rofl:

At the risk of B'n soooooooooooooooo simple w/ this thought, here ya go, don't read threads on the LDD!!!!!?????:confused:

Audiofn
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Keeping the preasure on LDD is the only hope that he will eventually feel the preasure of his wrong doings and come clean and pay this guy back. :sifone:

So you really think hes loosing sleep over it ?mmmmm 3 sides to every story ...

Inheritance $$$ = sympathy votes :03:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

It worked for me in getting my money back. The guy laughed at me then with time he realized that people were finding out about it and his business and playboy style was suffering. So he eventually paid up.

runninhotracing
01-28-2009, 09:20 AM
It worked for me in getting my money back. The guy laughed at me then with time he realized that people were finding out about it and his business and playboy style was suffering. So he eventually paid up.

U do know Lawyers get hungry & have to eat too :rofl::rofl::rofl:
dont know this LDD and from what i've read about him ,but a word of advice AudoiFn dont hold your breath waiting on the BIG pay out we need you around here :sifone:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

VetteLT193
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
At the risk of B'n soooooooooooooooo simple w/ this thought, here ya go, don't read threads on the LDD!!!!!?????:confused:

I agree. If you don't like what you are reading then just don't read it to begin with.

Threads like this should stay at the top. There are guys over on that Ih8mud forum that he screwed too. And all the shiftyness of switching eBay names, more than likely from negative feedback, is just plain shady too. This is just the info that we know about and I'm sure there is plenty more we don't.

People that act like LDD really piss me off. It seems his talent is the ability to screw people and justify it with no problem while duping people into thinking he's a nice guy. The reality is people like LDD are out to get people like me.

getchasum111
01-28-2009, 10:13 AM
why hasn't someone just beat his azz.....just beat some smarts into him....after a beat down he will be less likely to have this sort of business practice in the future....thare are always consequences to ones actions....

pullmytrigger
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Been through something similar and all I can tell you is the lawyers will pull each others chains for a long long time without resolving this

You need to literally burn your lawyer’s ears back to resolve this

Stay on him and TELL HIM what you expect otherwise you are just one in 20 other cases he has to work on Hold him accountable as to “when will we serve him? What date” “what is next and when will we do that” then follow up with him on the time frame he promised you

I can guarantee this will drag on a long time as very few attorneys have any interest in a quick resolve. They have adapted to the philosophy that “It takes time” and figure you will wait on them when they get around to it

I agree 100%.......went through this with my parents estate.....my "not rock the boat" brother was the executor......this lawyer f'd around and f'd for so long (better part of a year)it made me crazy and this after he told all of us in his office after a preliminary check of the assets it would take 2-3 months max......
I finally got fed up, went to his office (lucky he wasnt out golfing) and told him right to his face that he "was not performing" and if I had anything to do with it he would be fired and at the very least I want a rollback in fee's as a penalty for delivering a service seven months late just like if I as a contractor would be expected to do if I promised you a new furnace and A/C and delivered it 7 mos late!!....the guys eyes went as big as saucers it was priceless.......

I asked the guy specifically what was the problem......he says "oh were waiting on some account statements from a couple of banks that your father had assets in.....weve sent them letters and they havnt replied"......."thats what youve been waiting for, for almost a year!!!!???? did you phone them?" I asked? "we will send them another letter"....... I said "another LETTER????......skip it I'll take care of it".......well one bank is less than a half a mile from his office and the other bank is 2 miles away........

long story short after I made a personal visit to both banks lit a fire under thier azzes and tore a strip off both Bank managers I had all the reqd documents in my hand in 2 days and a week and a half later we had the settlement from the lawyer with money left in a trust to cover any future tax issues......we had to go to his office to sign and witness the payout cheques and that lawyer never once looked me in the eye.......my sister who could really use the money was almost in tears

Chris
01-28-2009, 10:43 AM
The lawyer claims he just did a favor and made a phone call to us but now he will have to contact LDD to collect a retainer before he can reply.So we are giving some time and if we have no response then we can file with the court.I thought we could just file with the court on day one but our lawyer advised us that giving more than adequate time to resolve the situation on his own after legal council has be retained would look better for us in the judges eyes.Does this sound right to you guys?

Run, don't walk, run from this clown. This sounds like the worst, most incompetent attorney to ever hang a shingle. By acting in a professional capacity as a representative of a party in a dispute, it's not a favor. Whether or not he charges you for it is another story. As far as looking good to the judge, that's nonsense. The case on its face is hilarious. LDD has no legal basis to have done what he did- that's enough.

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 10:56 AM
First off guys Steve is an acquaintance and just because i know the man dosent mean i walk his path and i do not need to be thrown to the wolves because of it !! Hey guys i work hard for a living just like most of you do and with that in mind i do not need or want to get involved with all this $hit slinging and my participation on this thread is done ,man you guy's are a ruff bunch .

Brian41
01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
First off guys Steve is an acquaintance and just because i know the man dosent mean i walk his path and i do not need to be thrown to the wolves because of it !! Hey guys i work hard for a living just like most of you do and with that in mind i do not need or want to get involved with all this $hit slinging and my participation on this thread is done ,man you guy's are a ruff bunch .

Your defending and saying he is a nice guy when everybody else is calling him trash makes you suspect. As stated earlier you do not need to read any of this if it offends you but if you continue to support him be ready for members to question why.

Zone5 on BF is now letting the dogs out to feed on LLD so it looks like his last home away from home is coming to an end.:sifone:

Chris
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Artie,

First, I don't believe anyone here is, as you term, $hit slinging. That wouldn't be tolerated here.

LDD/Steve openly admitted in his own writing that he took a deposit, then additional funds and then when the buyer attempted to pay in full he declined, citing that "the contract had expired". Then, after the entire boating community essentially told him he was headed the wrong way, he told them to f-off. I fail to see how making others aware of this pattern of behavior is $hit slinging.

Then you post...

hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy :

If I were to tell you someone I knew was a stand-up guy, that would be my endorsement of that person. That would be me saying "I trust him and I believe you should too." If someone were to post that Fred Cecil or Big Scotty were stand-up guys, I would only assume they would be getting some heat as well. If you choose to step in and defend LDD, despite the fact that literally hundreds of people, after hearing the situation, have opined that he was dead wrong in his actions, I think one would have to expect some heat.

The offshore boating world has for many years been a magnet to crooks and scam artists. It's just recently we've had a tool such as these boards to utilize in protecting ourselves. I think that's a good thing.

We like having you here Artie. Your technical contributions are quite valuable. But alot of people are choosing to disagree with your take on Steve. As a fairly outspoken individual, I have also been in the position of disagreement with, at times, a majority of people on a particular topic. When I think my position is right, I'm ready to take the heat and take the shots. And I don't take it personally.

runninhotracing
01-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Easy BIG Daddy a few Vicodins and a shot of Patron and check back in an hour :rofl::rofl:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

LaughingCat
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Here's a friendly piece of advice Ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. but you never want to step between Alpha Types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

The purpose of this site is a sense of community that offers like-minded ears to bend and a family atmosophere that will protect and defend the good spirit and interests of it's bretheren. In this case, someone has committed a legal and ethical wrong-doing, admitted it and shows no signs of remorse or concession.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But LDD will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where Tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of Harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive Alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an SOS personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do I really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall Istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

BTW, I am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-Ball and reading the future.

VetteLT193
01-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I wonder who got suckered into buying LDD's Fountain, I'd love to know if the new owner was told about the damage. :leaving:

Brian41
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
here's a friendly piece of advice ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. But you never want to step between alpha types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

The purpose of this site is a sense of community that offers like-minded ears to bend and a family atmosophere that will protect and defend the good spirit and interests of it's bretheren. In this case, someone has committed a legal and ethical wrong-doing, admitted it and shows no signs of remorse or concession.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But ldd will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an sos personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do i really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

Btw, i am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-ball and reading the future.

well said

phragle
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
must you talk about rubbing your balls in public??

Wrinkleface
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM

Just cuz U were do'n that all night at the Cleveland boat show Bubba!!!!!!:26::rofl:

phragle
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
well, I didn't have a new floaty keychain to play with...

Wrinkleface
01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
well, I didn't have a new floaty keychain to play with...

Well, ok then!!!!:26:

FastTimes
01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Here's a friendly piece of advice Ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. but you never want to step between Alpha Types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But LDD will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where Tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of Harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive Alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an SOS personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do I really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall Istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

BTW, I am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-Ball and reading the future.

Oh Man-- I'm sitting on a conf call trying to hold it in!!! Thats toooo much :nopity:

LaughingCat
01-29-2009, 11:41 PM

The only thing big about them is how I talk 'em up.

stecz20
01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
well said....

old377guy
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
" a moment of clarity " - indeed; just what's required to get some folks to stand back and take a hard look at what's really going on. Nicely summarized Mr.Cat. - Jeff

phragle
02-07-2009, 11:50 AM

mikes280
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
well i hear he still has not been served papers yet wonder what they are waiting on. I heard it was to be on the 16 and it did not happen

stecz20
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
he or anyone else wont accept the papers.. he keeps saying its not him..... hes been served, wont sign or accept them...

Chris
02-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Around here, baliffs serve papers. If you lie to them, they arrest you. Some states only require that papers be sent via certified mail. Any honest ppostmaster will shut off delivery to any address that refuses certifieds- if they don't live there anymore, they can't deliver that person's other mail to that address.

I suspect from all I've read that they have a $hitty lawyer.

stecz20
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
they do... he doesnt need to be served.. get on with it already.. **** his lawyer says hes not on retainer yet.....

Skullkrusher
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Quote-"I suspect from all I've read that they have a $hitty lawyer. "

Of course they do. No good lawyer will take this case. His fees would be way more than the chump change being contested and he would want a big retainer up front. This is what LDD is counting on. Unless there is mega bucks on the line, the court system just ain't worth it.

Chris
03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Not necessarily. Some guy tried this with me on $1800. In the end it cost him $25K in fees and costs plus another $20 in damages. Plus his own attorney costs. I played the system and ended up having his employees escorted out of his building and the locks changed by the county sheriff. Cost me some up-front money and several years of patience, but it was quite satisfying cashing that check.

Airpacker
03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Not necessarily. Some guy tried this with me on $1800. In the end it cost him $25K in fees and costs plus another $20 in damages. Plus his own attorney costs. I played the system and ended up having his employees escorted out of his building and the locks changed by the county sheriff. Cost me some up-front money and several years of patience, but it was quite satisfying cashing that check.

You don't mess with the Sunkin :)

Wrinkleface
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM
You don't mess with the Sunkin :)

Not the fly'n Jesus!!!!!!:26:

RLJ676
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't like to get involved in these types of threads, but I stumbled upon something on that other site that f-n cracked me up.

As posted by LDD:

"called the guy yesterday and talked to him on his cell phone....

I tried to be cool about it and let him know that the antics wouldnt stop until he did the right thing and made chit right with Dustin.

He gave me the same chit story that his "ONE" nut hugger posted....Dustin bought the boat for $50k....Doesnt matter.....If Dustin bought the boat for $20k and you told him one good motor he's expectiong one good motor....

I would say based on my conversation with Stacey.....Masher is right....He takes it in the cheeks...

He is one of those sissy dudes who says he's going to sue everyone and hopes you buy the empty threat...I say instead of trying to sue everyone why dont you do whats right and pay up....at least do right and make the deal right....if it take writing a check then write it....

I'm with DollaBill, I have sold boats and made money...sold boats and lost money....no matter what I always did what was right....":lurk5:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/185345-buyers-beware-virginia-beach-boat-sales-15.html

Ironic, no?

Oh, and I also learned never piss off Chris and the rest of these guys, haha.

Skullkrusher
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Rememeber, not only do you have to win, you have to collect. If he's broke, a judgement is just a piece of paper. Have you seen the Extreme Remarketing website? There isn't any way he's making money from that POS.

randomboater
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
he or anyone else wont accept the papers.. he keeps saying its not him..... hes been served, wont sign or accept them...

First - I'm following this for pure entertainment. I have no dog in the fight but it sure is entertaining to watch you guys talk and make assumptions about a situation and a man none of you have any on hand experience with.

Second - I'm local to LDD and although I'm not a performance boat owner I do know him from the sand bar on our lake and I'm in the car business. He also lives just below me on the mountain, I have a better view.

I'm not defending or excusing LDD's choices but I will say that if LDD got served every local boater and car dealer would know about it, LDD is not one to keep things hush hush around here. I have followed the posts on other boards and all of the posted addresses are accurate and current addresses for LDD, he hasnt moved. In person you cant miss him as he is literally tattooed from head to toe. He cant and is not hiding from anyone and most local law enforcement know him, including the water patrol.

LDD is an arrogant sob, those involved have your work cut out for you.

stecz20
03-06-2009, 01:28 AM
First - I'm following this for pure entertainment. I have no dog in the fight but it sure is entertaining to watch you guys talk and make assumptions about a situation and a man none of you have any on hand experience with.

Second - I'm local to LDD and although I'm not a performance boat owner I do know him from the sand bar on our lake and I'm in the car business. He also lives just below me on the mountain, I have a better view.

I'm not defending or excusing LDD's choices but I will say that if LDD got served every local boater and car dealer would know about it, LDD is not one to keep things hush hush around here. I have followed the posts on other boards and all of the posted addresses are accurate and current addresses for LDD, he hasnt moved. In person you cant miss him as he is literally tattooed from head to toe. He cant and is not hiding from anyone and most local law enforcement know him, including the water patrol.

see only problem is i have first hand information, i was involved in talking with steve personally... i have chose to stay queit and i will continue to do so...

none of it is my problem, nor will it be....

phragle
03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
see only problem is i have first hand information, i was involved in talking with steve personally... i have chose to stay queit and i will continue to do so...

none of it is my problem, nor will it be....

An incrdible internet mess of drama mixed with second hand he said, she said, intrigue...somehow Stecz is involved....... gets better every day :26::26:

Chris
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM

We have prisons and cemeteries all across the country jammed full of guys just like him.

Wrinkleface
03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
We have prisons and cemeteries all across the country jammed full of guys just like him.

:eek:

yesrej
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM

nice post...

randomboater
03-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Although I do agree, neither apply to this circumstance. Based on what I have seen, read, and followed there is nothing criminal here so no chance at prison. LDD is young so I dont see death in his future unless an unfortunate situation was to happen. Then again I read lots of people post talking about paying LDD a visit, that did not happen either. Im not here to pick sides on either parties decisions but lets keep what facts we do know straight. I for one would like to see this move on to the next chapter, if there is going to be one as suggested.

As a common knowledge kind of guy and trust me I'm no expert. I agree with a post I saw on this thread or on OSO, cant remember where I read it. Either the buyer has a crappy attorney who has drug his feet in not getting LDD served, or the attorney knows there is nothing there and these are all empty threats in an attempt to get LDD to settle. If I was a betting type guy I would put my money on LDD not settling.

Good Luck to all invloved, until the next chapter.

Nordic95
03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Although I do agree, neither apply to this circumstance. Based on what I have seen, read, and followed there is nothing criminal here so no chance at prison. LDD is young so I dont see death in his future unless an unfortunate situation was to happen. Then again I read lots of people post talking about paying LDD a visit, that did not happen either. Im not here to pick sides on either parties decisions but lets keep what facts we do know straight. I for one would like to see this move on to the next chapter, if there is going to be one as suggested.

As a common knowledge kind of guy and trust me I'm no expert. I agree with a post I saw on this thread or on OSO, cant remember where I read it. Either the buyer has a crappy attorney who has drug his feet in not getting LDD served, or the attorney knows there is nothing there and these are all empty threats in an attempt to get LDD to settle. If I was a betting type guy I would put my money on LDD not settling.

Next chapter????? HHHHMMMMMM

Chris
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Although I do agree, neither apply to this circumstance. Based on what I have seen, read, and followed there is nothing criminal here so no chance at prison..

Not saying there is. But guys who are serial $hit-pullers like Dong typically graduate to that sort of stuff. Or they pull it on the wrong guy.

VtSteve
03-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Next chapter????? HHHHMMMMMM

Interesting. But at this point, most are calling it BS. Remember the Power of OSO? LDD is living the good life, and could care less. It's all crap, but very entertaining. OSO is another story, since they seem to thrive on letting the low lives thrive.

It just gives a bad name to boating, the internet, and to loudmouths everywhere. In the end, nothing is done, but a lot of flapping ensues. There are some that say these dirtbags are still on the up and up. Sucker born every minute, and they know it.

fund razor
03-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Is it just me, or is it not all that "random" when a person joins and their only two posts are about LDD, on the LDD thread. ;)

boatme
03-07-2009, 09:14 AM
One thing I have never understood on any of these threads

I always hear “someone should go kick his butt or at least confront him” but that never happens

I am still waiting to see someone go look for Fred Cecil and just walk up and say “So Fred what happened” You can bet if I lived within 50 miles of Myrtle Beach I would do it

And Bill Hionis lives in Florida where many got screwed but you never here anyone approach him

We have a dirt bag here in Michigan (Mike Vorce ) who screwed a lot of people in the boating community and the banks for over $30 million dollars (he screwed me too but for just a little bit compared to many others) he is in jail awaiting a trial and you can bet your buns I will be at his trial so he can see me sitting there

So there are those that live near LDD. Why all the talk, why not get the scoop from the horses mouth (Or horses azzz)

Lots of tough guys behind a computer that say they would kick there butt if they saw him, but why not a friendly walk up, and just make them feel uncomfortable I have yet to see any of the dirt bags confronted by anyone

I have never understood this

US1Fountain
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
My computer can beat up your computer.

Chris
03-07-2009, 09:41 AM

I always hear “someone should go kick his butt or at least confront him” but that never happens

I am still waiting to see someone go look for Fred Cecil and just walk up and say “So Fred what happened” You can bet if I lived within 50 miles of Myrtle Beach I would do it

And Bill Hionis lives in Florida where many got screwed but you never here anyone approach him

We have a dirt bag here in Michigan (Mike Vorce ) who screwed a lot of people in the boating community and the banks for over $30 million dollars (he screwed me too but for just a little bit compared to many others) he is in jail awaiting a trial and you can bet your buns I will be at his trial so he can see me sitting there

So there are those that live near LDD. Why all the talk, why not get the scoop from the horses mouth (Or horses azzz)

Lots of tough guys behind a computer that say they would kick there butt if they saw him, but why not a friendly walk up, and just make them feel uncomfortable I have yet to see any of the dirt bags confronted by anyone

I have never understood this

You've obviously never crossed paths with Hionas- he could care less.

Talking tough is cheap and easy. And it does make people feel better. And most of us live in a civilized world and like being there. Violence for most of us is unpleasant at best. Most people don't even like confrontation. But there are guys out there willing to do what it takes and understand the costs. Most of them are dwelling at the lower end of the socio-economic scale- not the guys we typically associate with.

boatme
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I am sure Hionis could care less. but there are so many that talk about how he screwed them, and what should be done to him, but no one confronts him just for there own satisfaction

I am not saying start a fight. I am saying walk up and say hi and see what reaction you get. It may be very satisfying for the guys that got taken

I have met Bill many times and sold him a number of boat trailers when I owned Manning Marine and he is an arrogant idiot all the more reason to say hi

Audiofn
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Why would I risk jail time kicking the crap out of some one that I do not know when the guy that got screwed will not do what he needs to do to get this moving forward!?!?

boatme
03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
You guys are missing what i said

I said DON'T fight just a hello and see them squirm

Hionis may not care but i gaurentee ol freddie would squim like the worm he became and there may be some satisfaction in that

All I am saying is there are alot of computer cowboys that never get on the horse to look at the ranch

TCEd
03-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Boatme,
Everyone wants to be a New Jersey tough guy. Thankfully no one steps up.
ed

US1Fountain
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
These guys had no problem stealing your money. They'll have no problem feeling a little bit 'squirmy' for a couple of minutes while face to face with the victims. As soon as you said your piece, turned around and walked away....they still have your money. A very small price to pay for the easy life.

stecz20
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM
jersey is tough.......:03::03:

Bgchuby01
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
boatme, when I had my problem one year ago, The people on the site that made negative comments were people that had never met me or had not done business with me. I am friends with alot of people on this site and the other one but as you say the computer rambo's speak lots of crap but it never goes anywhere. There were a couple of jerkoffs that I will not name that I PM'd and offered to drive to there house if they had a personal problem with me and as you can expect they declined. The age of computers has given people the confidence to talk crap about someone else without worrying about any reprocussions. What happened to the old days when if you had a problem with someone the two of you just went out back and solved the problem.

Nordic95
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Guys please be patient,trust me action is happening while all these threads are being posted.As for Random boater if you think no one has been around or close to Steve lately,think again...... I have pictures to prove but cant post them yet.I have pictures of the sign in his front window of his buisness(:seeya:),I know where he is moving it to and I know where he is living during the day and at night.I know his finanial status and I know the game he is playing.We dont want or need the money,its matter of principle and I will be on his coat tails till the end....Keep checking in with Steve and lets see whats going on MR RandomBoater(WL)....

Guys the day this is settled I have so much stuff to show and one hell of a story to tell you gys will be laughing at him for a week.But till then I have to be quiet....:lurk5:

Thanks Nordic95

Nordic95
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Is it just me, or is it not all that "random" when a person joins and their only two posts are about LDD, on the LDD thread. ;)

Touché:iagree:

Perlmudder
03-07-2009, 06:39 PM

exactly what i was thinking!

phragle
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
boatme, when I had my problem one year ago, The people on the site that made negative comments were people that had never met me or had not done business with me. I am friends with alot of people on this site and the other one but as you say the computer rambo's speak lots of crap but it never goes anywhere. There were a couple of jerkoffs that I will not name that I PM'd and offered to drive to there house if they had a personal problem with me and as you can expect they declined. The age of computers has given people the confidence to talk crap about someone else without worrying about any reprocussions. What happened to the old days when if you had a problem with someone the two of you just went out back and solved the problem.

The big difference here, is that in your situation, you had a very good reputation, and became involved in one incident. Not having very good knowledge of that incident, but somewhat understanding the nature of it, it was easy to understand how you could have been caught up in it. This brings in to it the benefit of doubt. LDD on the other hand has exhibited a pattern of behavior very unbecoming. Not personally knowing you aside from a few converstions, that benefit of doubt has been a positive to the point of attempting to give you buisness with family, LDD wouldn't get as much as the time of day from me.

Offshore Ginger
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM

I have never understood this Mark im with Stecz on this one because i have talked with the man personally and need not to go with this any futher ?

Bgchuby01
03-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I agree with you. The only point I was trying to say is that there are alot of computer rambo's out there that speak with a large stick via the computer and in person they are a different person.

boatme
03-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Kinda my point as well

Buoy
03-08-2009, 11:16 AM

No, it's just you.
I think random must be as credible as they come, I mean he made the effort to post, not once, but twice, in an attempt to exonerate LDD.
With that information right there, random must be a real straight shooter:dupe:

Chris
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree with you. The only point I was trying to say is that there are alot of computer rambo's out there that speak with a large stick via the computer and in person they are a different person.

Yes there are. But this group has gotten guys to cough up checks to people they previously told to F-off.

PARADOX
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes there are. But this group has gotten guys to cough up checks to people they previously told to F-off.

Yeeah.. It's time I need these guys. I been trying to resolve my prop issue that I got screwd almost 8-9 months. I will post some in a few days. I need some rest. :) Waaaaayyy to much traveling in the last few weeks.
I am glad that most of the comp. cowboys stay somewhere else. :03:

Nordic95
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM

So MR RANDOM BOATER I guess you havent spoken to Steve lately.....I wonder what he could be doing today??????????Rumor has it the new chapter is being written as we type,but what do I know.....

ANTWAN

phragle
03-13-2009, 12:09 PM
????????????????????//

99fever27
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Should we all guess or are you going to provide some information?

40FlatDeck
03-13-2009, 01:42 PM

I have known about LDD from all of the threads. I think what he did is absolutely wrong.:(

I was going to contact you about doing some interior work on my Skater, as the boat is there now, but if you really think LDD is a stand up guy, I'll pass.

Erik

phragle
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Nordic has been here since Nov. 11 posts, 64% are about LDD and he is being cryptic..

I am not saying good or bad... but I am saying there is Alterior motive behind his posts.

If you have something to say, please say it. this isn't 6th grade "I have a secret" time.

randomboater
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
So MR RANDOM BOATER I guess you havent spoken to Steve lately.....I wonder what he could be doing today??????????Rumor has it the new chapter is being written as we type,but what do I know.....

ANTWAN

I did run into him Tuesday in Atlanta at the car auction, spoke with him briefly. He did mention quite a few things regarding the situation and I will keep them to myself as I dont need to take a chance at a knock at my door so I can get served and sued.

You and many others have thrown out a lot of words that if prostock does not win his case, your words will come back to haunt you and your door will be knocked on by someone serving you and that came straight from Steve's mouth at the car auction.

There was an attempt to serve him last Friday but he already left his house is what he told me. He went and picked up the papers on Monday morning. He has his papers and is moving forward from what he told me, there is much more that I dont need to disclose. Just know this is being taken very seriously by a well known local legal team that the plantiff's attorney will get to meet very soon. I sincerely hope the plantiff picked a great attorney, he will need it against LDD's people...

phragle
03-13-2009, 02:54 PM
oh man...the dream team is in the house!!

Buoy
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
oh man...the dream team is in the house!!

They dug up Johnny Cochran?:sifone:

phragle
03-13-2009, 05:00 PM
a little Febreeze, some star bucks and he is good to go

Nordic95
03-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I did run into him Tuesday in Atlanta at the car auction, spoke with him briefly. He did mention quite a few things regarding the situation and I will keep them to myself as I dont need to take a chance at a knock at my door so I can get served and sued.

You and many others have thrown out a lot of words that if prostock does not win his case, your words will come back to haunt you and your door will be knocked on by someone serving you and that came straight from Steve's mouth at the car auction.

There was an attempt to serve him last Friday but he already left his house is what he told me. He went and picked up the papers on Monday morning. He has his papers and is moving forward from what he told me, there is much more that I dont need to disclose. Just know this is being taken very seriously by a well known local legal team that the plantiff's attorney will get to meet very soon. I sincerely hope the plantiff picked a great attorney, he will need it against LDD's people...

So this great team is also his divorse team?????

YankeY
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
They dug up Johnny Cochran?:sifone:

...if the glove don't fit; you must aquit:sifone:

Buoy
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM
...if the glove don't fit; you must aquit:sifone:

"who am I"??

"I'm Johny Cochran, wearing a stocking hat"

The who am I part still cracks me up.
A detroit radio station used to play the clip of that for a give away contest "who am I" - and they played the tape of Cochran saying it.
Hilarious.
YankeY - any word on anything? - pm me.

randomboater
03-14-2009, 08:17 AM
So this great team is also his divorse team?????

No they are not the same attorneys.

Chris
03-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I know what "really good" attorneys cost. Why would anyone in their right mind spend that kind of money on something as small-dollar as this?

You know what's really fun? Watching a smart judge disassemble some clown's "judgment-proof" strategies. Watching his and his spouse's faces as he signs order after order nullifying asset-concealing transactions and piercing corporate veils. Judges see a non-stop stream of scumbags and amateur attornies. In my experience, they seem to take pleasure in taking guys like this to the woodshed, legally speaking. The best one? Watching as deputies tag all their life's possessions and inventory them for the Sheriff's sale. Watching the wife being handcuffed and escorted out by a baliff on a contempt charge is a close second.

Court can be expensive, but it can yield some satisfying moments. Especially if you're right.

fund razor
03-14-2009, 10:57 AM

That's true. I have to endure all kinds of grief from these little chumps on the internet but NOT in real life... go figure.
But don't forget the emotional response can be very strong when you watch the video of the boat being hooked up in the night and then you hear that it was sent through a chipper. I can close my eyes and see it.... and it makes me wonder when the bogeyman will come for my boat in the night.
They hung horsethieves in the old days, and guys who were great, wonderful, super guys who got involved knowingly or unknowingly got strung up too. Don't blame the average joe for associating you with your "problem one year ago."
On another note, you hauled my current boat from Miami to Delaware for the last owner, and all went great. So, that's an association too.

Tony
03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I know what "really good" attorneys cost. Why would anyone in their right mind spend that kind of money on something as small-dollar as this?

You know what's really fun? Watching a smart judge disassemble some clown's "judgment-proof" strategies. Watching his and his spouse's faces as he signs order after order nullifying asset-concealing transactions and piercing corporate veils. Judges see a non-stop stream of scumbags and amateur attornies. In my experience, they seem to take pleasure in taking guys like this to the woodshed, legally speaking. The best one? Watching as deputies tag all their life's possessions and inventory them for the Sheriff's sale. Watching the wife being handcuffed and escorted out by a baliff on a contempt charge is a close second.

Court can be expensive, but it can yield some satisfying moments. Especially if you're right.

Another great joy is making the other side look like total phucktards after they have just laid out their trump card druing a cross exam and its so obvious that the balif has to cough to hide his own laugh. Its kinda like the ultimate b!tch slap.:26:

Nordic95
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Another great joy is making the other side look like total phucktards after they have just laid out their trump card druing a cross exam and its so obvious that the balif has to cough to hide his own laugh. Its kinda like the ultimate b!tch slap.:26:

That is great,But we have the ultimate ***** slap waiting in our back pocket...I cant wait till court,even if we lose it will be worth it to see the reactions of the actions that are taking place now....

phragle
03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
I was called as a witness in a civil case once, basically airtight before hand, the judge probably crossed a couple lines out of frustration...

it was between a friend and his mom, unfortnate when family ends up in court ahgainst each other but anyways, when my friends mom got divorced, part of the divorce was that when my friend turned 18, half the house was to be put in his name (his mom got the house) that never happened, eventually at 25 he took his mom to court over it.

at one point the judge stopped proceedings and looked at chucks mom and said, "you continually state that it says in the divorce decree that it was at your option, Ms. dimasse, you have the official decree infront of you, please SHOW me where it says that"

chuck's mom "it's not in that one it's in the other one"

judge " that is the final decree, thats the one that counts"

chuck's mom "but it's (cut off by judge)

judge " it is NOT in the final, it does not exist, you will not refer to it exisiting again"

chucks mom "but..."

Judge "ms dimassi, does the word contempt man ANYTHING to you?'

and in the summation the judge said "according to the testimony of ms. dimossi, that is IF you believe the testimony of miss dimassi

final outcome, judge awarded soul ownership to my friend and ordered the second his mom had on the house to be refied so it no longer was attached to the property with 90 days to vacate, all conditional on my friend giving his mom $10k (1/4 the value of the house at the time of the divorce. he did that in heartbeat, being in San diego he got a $350k house that just had major remodeling (paid for with a large chunk of the second) for $10k. Chuck didn't get legal fees though, the judge said "you just won the lottery, your gonna have to pay for the ticket though"

I really the only reason he got the whole house was because of his mom's stupidity in court ad constantly pissing off the judge.

Buoy
03-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I was called as a witness in a civil case once, basically airtight before hand, the judge probably crossed a couple lines out of frustration...

it was between a friend and his mom, unfortnate when family ends up in court ahgainst each other but anyways, when my friends mom got divorced, part of the divorce was that when my friend turned 18, half the house was to be put in his name (his mom got the house) that never happened, eventually at 25 he took his mom to court over it.

at one point the judge stopped proceedings and looked at chucks mom and said, "you continually state that it says in the divorce decree that it was at your option, Ms. dimasse, you have the official decree infront of you, please SHOW me where it says that"

chuck's mom "it's not in that one it's in the other one"

judge " that is the final decree, thats the one that counts"

chuck's mom "but it's (cut off by judge)

judge " it is NOT in the final, it does not exist, you will not refer to it exisiting again"

chucks mom "but..."

Judge "ms dimassi, does the word contempt man ANYTHING to you?'

and in the summation the judge said "according to the testimony of ms. dimossi, that is IF you believe the testimony of miss dimassi

final outcome, judge awarded soul ownership to my friend and ordered the second his mom had on the house to be refied so it no longer was attached to the property with 90 days to vacate, all conditional on my friend giving his mom $10k (1/4 the value of the house at the time of the divorce. he did that in heartbeat, being in San diego he got a $350k house that just had major remodeling (paid for with a large chunk of the second) for $10k. Chuck didn't get legal fees though, the judge said "you just won the lottery, your gonna have to pay for the ticket though"

I really the only reason he got the whole house was because of his mom's stupidity in court ad constantly pissing off the judge.

So, the guy kicked his own Mother out of the house for a few bucks?
Or am I reading this wrong?

fund razor
03-14-2009, 09:31 PM
So, the guy kicked his own Mother out of the house for a few bucks?
Or am I reading this wrong?

The way that I read it, he got to keep his Mom's soul. Which is worse?

phragle
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
his mom wasn't living in the house, and he just went after half the house that was supposed to be his, his mom had really gone off the deep end of sanity also...

what precitpitated te whole thing was that I was renting the house, paying rent to his mom while he was gone out of town. he moved back, I moved out, he was renting a place when he first moved back, house was empty and remodeled because she was trying to rent it out for almost double what the rent should be. he thought hey, the house is half mine, why am I paying rent... oved into the house then a year later his mom out of the blued decided she wanted to kick him out of the house, he was in school full time and tried to talk to here, saying with beyond a full load, he couldnt afford to rent someplace, and suggested she buy out his half, so he had the money to live and finish school. she told him to go phuck himself the house wan't half his and never would be. the 6 years I lived there paying rent, he never saw a cent of it either before he was 18 or after. he didn't steal his mom's soul..he prevented her from stealing his

Buoy
03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
The way that I read it, he got to keep his Mom's soul. Which is worse?

I remember when Bart sold his soul to Milhouse.
That's just plain scary to even consider.

fund razor
03-14-2009, 09:50 PM
he didn't steal his mom's soul..he prevented her from stealing his

The judge gave him soul ownership, after all.

So anywho... am I reading this right that you shacked up with this woman and her adult son for six years?

ok, I'll stop now. :D

Buoy
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
How do I always get blamed for hijacking??
Did I do it, or did Fund do it??
A serious hijack going on here.
If I did it, I didn't mean it. Sorry.
LDD is still a turd.

phragle
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
nope.. his mom lived with her mom, under the guise of taking care of her, while milking her dry and I am solely responsible for my spelling errrors...but then again..maybe spelling is next semester :O

phragle
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I will hijack and corrupt anythread without hesitation or justification

fund razor
03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I will hijack and corrupt anythread without hesitation or justification
We are now back on track.

BlackJack58
03-15-2009, 01:07 PM
You know what's really fun? ...Watching his and his spouse's faces as he signs order after order nullifying asset-concealing transactions and piercing corporate veils....In my experience, they seem to take pleasure in taking guys like this to the woodshed, legally speaking. The best one? Watching as deputies tag all their life's possessions and inventory them for the Sheriff's sale. Watching the wife being handcuffed and escorted out by a baliff on a contempt charge is a close second.

Can't help but think of the Madoff case. They're still trying to claim he managed all the massive paperwork and planning to pull off this $50 billion scheme all by himself, and that his wife, brother and sons (all part of his co.) "knew nothing about it." I'm sure all the investors won't rest until they have his beachfront house, his NY penthouse and everything else they own. I wouldn't rest either. I was watching TV about one 90-year old guy who lost all his retirement income and now had to work at Wal-mart as a "greeter" to make ends meet.

If that dirtbag Madoff has a $1.50 left-over after all this to buy a cup of coffee, it's a $1.50 too much...

Chris
03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
What really astonished me about the Madoff case is the blatant naivete of his investors. It's unimaginable that so may smart people- people with the wherewithall to accumulate huhe sums of money- actually believed madoff was able to deliver investment returns so far beyond everyone else. Madoff was the equivalent of a golfer that hit a hole in one on every hole... and they all fell for it.

phragle
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
it's easy not to see something when you don't want to see it...

MarylandMark
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Madoff was the equivalent of a golfer that hit a hole in one on every hole... and they all fell for it.

Good analogy!

Nordic95
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
So Mr Random Boater whats the good word?????Ten days passed only 20 to go...

MahopacMarine
03-19-2009, 09:26 PM
:lurk5:

Wrinkleface
03-19-2009, 09:37 PM
:lurk5:

:party:

Geronimo36
03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
What really astonished me about the Madoff case is the blatant naivete of his investors. It's unimaginable that so may smart people- people with the wherewithall to accumulate huhe sums of money- actually believed madoff was able to deliver investment returns so far beyond everyone else. Madoff was the equivalent of a golfer that hit a hole in one on every hole... and they all fell for it.

One word, GREED......

They all knew the ROI being represented was drastically higher than any other fund yet they continued to invest with Madoff and didn't ask questions. The market was tanking and he was still showing 12%... They just wanted to ride the wave and got the impression they were getting richer and richer... all the while he was just stealing ...:eek:

Here's an interesting quote from a blog I read;
"Madoff's hardest hit "investors", those who lost everything including the roofs over their heads, appear to be what I would call the naive rich - people living under the illusion that wealth can somehow be safely preserved without effort."

"These are naive people who trusted a man with their whole net worth based on herd instincts, without understanding what he does, without scrutinizing his investment strategy. Either put your eggs in many baskets, or, as Warren Buffett says: put them all in one basket, then watch it closely.

These people did neither. Wealth cannot be preserved this way. "
http://denisbider.blogspot.com/2009/03/madoff-victims.html

So to get the thread back on track...... Is LDD like Madov and is PS the Naive investor??? :leaving:

Ratickle
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
One word, GREED......

They all knew the ROI being represented was drastically higher than any other fund yet they continued to invest with Madoff and didn't ask questions. The market was tanking and he was still showing 12%... They just wanted to ride the wave and got the impression they were getting richer and richer... all the while he was just stealing ...:eek:

Here's an interesting quote from a blog I read;
"Madoff's hardest hit "investors", those who lost everything including the roofs over their heads, appear to be what I would call the naive rich - people living under the illusion that wealth can somehow be safely preserved without effort."

"These are naive people who trusted a man with their whole net worth based on herd instincts, without understanding what he does, without scrutinizing his investment strategy. Either put your eggs in many baskets, or, as Warren Buffett says: put them all in one basket, then watch it closely.

These people did neither. Wealth cannot be preserved this way. "
http://denisbider.blogspot.com/2009/03/madoff-victims.html

So to get the thread back on track...... Is LDD like Madov and is PS the Naive investor??? :leaving:

Interesting article, the government does have some responsibility though. They have documented warnings from ex SEC investigators warning about Madov and they did nothing.

99fever27
04-10-2009, 05:26 PM
So Mr Random Boater whats the good word?????Ten days passed only 20 to go...

So whats the latest? I heard he closed shop and is now selling used cars from his computer at home..

Laken
04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
So whats the latest? I heard he closed shop and is now selling used cars from his computer at home..

Yup check out his E-bay listings. All these pictures taken in his driveway....He just sold that Awesome cat for 16,100.00 last week and he told me he had over 32,000.00 into it.Sound like a great buisness move.But the boat is still sitting in his driveway also so lets see if there was a buyer or just him bidding against himeself to raise the price. Should get interesting...

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/wesaleautoz/

Nordic95
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Yup check out his E-bay listings. All these pictures taken in his driveway....He just sold that Awesome cat for 16,100.00 last week and he told me he had over 32,000.00 into it.Sound like a great buisness move.But the boat is still sitting in his driveway also so lets see if there was a buyer or just him bidding against himeself to raise the price. Should get interesting...

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/wesaleautoz/

Thanks for the heads up LAKEN.... One phone call and he is shut down...OOOPPPSSSS did I say that....

ANTWAN

VtSteve
04-10-2009, 10:00 PM
eBay My World: wesaleautoz( 8 )

No longer a registered user

randomboater
04-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up LAKEN.... One phone call and he is shut down...OOOPPPSSSS did I say that....

ANTWAN

you said it, and must have made the call cause he is obviously shut down.

Nordic95
04-11-2009, 07:16 PM

I also got a call from the Idaho Agricultural Department and they are looking into some deliquency on the potatoe spuds....:03:

Nordic95
04-11-2009, 07:16 PM

Call me if you want.......

randomboater
04-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Call me if you want.......

there is no need for contact between you and i right now. however i know your seat in this matter is reserved at the front row and you will be contacted before its over. i would watch what information you post on the threads, ldd might own you in the end if you want to contiune.

http://www.mcedlaw.com/

boatme
04-12-2009, 08:36 AM
sounds like LLD does not own anything LOL

phragle
04-12-2009, 08:50 AM
irreguardless of whether I think LDD is a jackass or not, there are a couple of you who only post to this site (this thread inparticular) to sling mud. If you have something you want to discuss, please due. If your sole purpose in comming here is to stir chit and make empty lame attempts at threats, there are many other boards that may better serve your purpose.

Offshoredrillin
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
and even if he did do it, all he did was warn them of potential fraud. It was their choice to remove it/him...nothing illegal in that. unless Steve wants to file for tortious interference, which wouldn't hold up because there is a lawsuit filed for fraud. moot point

randomboater
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
and even if he did do it, all he did was warn them of potential fraud. It was their choice to remove it/him...nothing illegal in that. unless Steve wants to file for tortious interference, which wouldn't hold up because there is a lawsuit filed for fraud. moot point

just because fraud is alleged does not make it proven, as of yet but these are 2 seperate issues. fraud was alleged in the lawsuit that was filed by mr. wilde, no mention of mr. rogosich (nordic95) as an interested party in that suit regarding the boat. which means if mr. rogosich wants to continue to hinder ldd's ability to make a living then there is nothing stopping ldd from a claim against rogosich.

the part i still dont understand is why would someone file a lawsuit against ldd, then others hinder his ability to make money so that if the other party won the lawsuit ldd would have no way to pay it back. it seems to me that you would want ldd to continue working so in the event he lost the suit he would have a means to pay back mr. wilde. seems to me like those hindering his ability to make a living are just as bad as some of you make ldd out to be for keeping the money.

ldd is no longer self employed, he is employed at a used dealership. his employer has a right to conduct business on ebay and his employer is aware of this pending action. rogosich and others have no right to interfere with ldd, his employer, ebay, or any other avenue in which ldd and his employer decide to sell cars, boats, or other.

Offshoredrillin
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
just because fraud is alleged does not make it proven, as of yet but these are 2 seperate issues. fraud was alleged in the lawsuit that was filed by mr. wilde, no mention of mr. rogosich (nordic95) as an interested party in that suit regarding the boat. which means if mr. rogosich wants to continue to hinder ldd's ability to make a living then there is nothing stopping ldd from a claim.
true, but again, but by letting someone know of it/or a pending lawsuit isn't committing a crime. the burden of proof becomes ebays. If they act on a "tip" they still have to justify the reasoning to ldd for termination and no one else.
whether or not ebay did their due diligence has no bearing on any tips they receive. IF ldd was to go after him, that would be a very hard case to prove, I would say impossible, even with a blurb on a site insinuating it. For him to try to prove that would cost 10's of thousands of dollars and the evidence would have to be overwhelming, not to mention it would have to be filed in the state that Nordic lives in, therefor ldd would have to secure representation there as well.

Nordic95
04-12-2009, 11:21 AM
true, but again, but by letting someone know of it/or a pending lawsuit isn't committing a crime. the burden of proof becomes ebays. If they act on a "tip" they still have to justify the reasoning to ldd for termination and no one else.
whether or not ebay did their due diligence has no bearing on any tips they receive. IF ldd was to go after him, that would be a very hard case to prove, I would say impossible, even with a blurb on a site insinuating it. For him to try to prove that would cost 10's of thousands of dollars and the evidence would have to be overwhelming, not to mention it would have to be filed in the state that Nordic lives in, therefor ldd would have to secure representation there as well.

Rob,

You hit the nail right on the head.I am simply a traffic cop pointing the right people in the right direction. I have no say on what goverment and web sites say or do to Steve. If they for some reason feel that actions are to be taken then they must have prior reasoning.He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.As far as payment we have that all figuared out already if we win.Matter of fact Prostock has already won this case a couple of weeks ago as far as we are all concered here in NJ...Now its just a waist of time and money but we will follow thru with our promise to give him his day in court.I also thought that LDD was the one that said that a forum will never affect his boating,buisness,and personal life?His battle is not with me but the people he is blind to see that also feel that he is wrong.Once he acknowedges them he will become a better person and I really feel that thats what he wants out of all this.If he does the right things in life he will be rewarded in return,do the wrong things and they will linger to haunt him at a later date.

Nordic95

Nordic95
04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
ldd is no longer self employed, he is employed at a used dealership. his employer has a right to conduct business on ebay and his employer is aware of this pending action. rogosich and others have no right to interfere with ldd, his employer, ebay, or any other avenue in which ldd and his employer decide to sell cars, boats, or other.

Just cause you have a silient partner now doesnt mean you are employed by them.They have realestate ties not used car buisness ties.So ebay must have felt that you were the one listing these cars not them.So hence the shut down....

cosmic12
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
irreguardless of whether I think LDD is a jackass or not, there are a couple of you who only post to this site (this thread inparticular) to sling mud. If you have something you want to discuss, please due. If your sole purpose in comming here is to stir chit and make empty lame attempts at threats, there are many other boards that may better serve your purpose.

Thank You.

SunTime
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Just think, if he would have just done the "right thing" and not held tune to a obvious one sided irrelevant contract.
Unfortunetly ya just can't fix stupid. I highly doubt at this point in his life he's anywhere near smart enough to ever be anything other then a wannabe big shot, who's bed he made himself. Live with it LDD and get over yourself, perhaps someday you can be a better person who will have the chance to succed because of being a good person.

randomboater
04-12-2009, 12:18 PM
IF ldd was to go after him, that would be a very hard case to prove, I would say impossible, even with a blurb on a site insinuating it. For him to try to prove that would cost 10's of thousands of dollars and the evidence would have to be overwhelming, not to mention it would have to be filed in the state that Nordic lives in, therefor ldd would have to secure representation there as well.

this is not exactly true and can be justified by the same means in which mr. wilde demanded a struck jury against ldd. i will not get into case specifics online, but there is a reason a jury was requested, as well as there is a reason fraud was alleged. the same things mr. wilde and rogosich are hoping for against ldd can come back and bite rogosich should he choose to continue his activities. assuming a ldd vs. rogosich case is brought to court my safe assumption is that it would cost ldd nothing unless he won against rogosich. this case would have juristiction in alabama as thats where ldd lawfully resides and would be the plantiff, therefore your claim for a case in nj is not correct.

randomboater
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Just cause you have a silient partner now doesnt mean you are employed by them.They have realestate ties not used car buisness ties.So ebay must have felt that you were the one listing these cars not them.So hence the shut down....

again your wrong, and your resources are very late with information. ldd is employed, not a partner, but employed by someone.

SunTime
04-12-2009, 01:34 PM
again your wrong, and your resources are very late with information. ldd is employed, not a partner, but employed by someone.

LDD has already lost and will continue to lose in the future.. You'd think both of you would have realized that by now, courts or not.

Offshore Ginger
04-12-2009, 02:06 PM
irreguardless of whether I think LDD is a jackass or not, there are a couple of you who only post to this site (this thread inparticular) to sling mud. If you have something you want to discuss, please due. If your sole purpose in comming here is to stir chit and make empty lame attempts at threats, there are many other boards that may better serve your purpose. I agree 100% with you and COSMIC 12 well said and to all of you who like to sling $hit go in the bathroom and think of the most beautiful girl in the world and JACK OFF because like phragle said there are many other boards out there that may better serve your purpose .:boxing_smiley:

Nordic95
04-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Even better this will be easy to garnish wages if PS wins....You can make all the money you want,no one is stopping you but your own past actions.

Wrinkleface
04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Right on Phrag!! C U in a couple weeks Brotha!!!:sifone:

Audiofn
04-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I think that we are going to know what happened to Rice Hauler before we know what happens with this :D:D

boomer35
05-09-2009, 10:32 PM
any word?

Laken
05-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I heard that the two parties are currently waiting for the courts to issue us a date.

randomboater
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I heard that the two parties are currently waiting for the courts to issue us a date.

I heard Nordic95 was tired of being billed by Prostock's attorney for phone calls to LDD's attorney.

phragle
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
mazing how people just lurk and post in this thread... mind boggeling actually...

Twin27Advantage
05-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I heard Nordic95 was tired of being billed by Prostock's attorney for phone calls to LDD's attorney.

***EDITED***

:beatdeadhorse5:

Ratickle
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
mazing how people just lurk and post in this thread... mind boggeling actually...

Isn't it though....

Every once in a while I look in when it pops up hoping to see an end.

Chris
05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
We can be civil or we can close the thread. You guys choose.

Offshore Ginger
05-15-2009, 08:23 AM
We can be civil or we can close the thread. You guys choose. Chris you already know what i think .:rofl::rofl:

Skullkrusher
05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I've never seen two guys who deserved each other more.

randomboater
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM

if this is true it is going to be a long wait and a drawn out ordeal. If Nordic is complaining about being billed for phone calls now he is in for a shocker by the end of the case, assuming they see it through.

LDD was served some 60-90 days ago and most civil cases take over 3 years to resolve especially if there is a trial involved. this is just the beginning of a long process that is going to cost both parties some time and money.

I see both sides of the story and understand where each person stands and why they are standing there. Its unfortunate that it doesnt seem like a settlement is in the cards for this case so I like many others will wait and see what happens.

phragle
05-15-2009, 03:28 PM
WE all know what happened...we all know its in litigation... I'm all in favor of closing it untill we have some actual news..like a resolution. This post is inhabited by members who have joined for no other reason than to cause trouble.

fund razor
05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
This post [thread] is inhabited by members who have joined for no other reason than to cause trouble.

So, you are saying that you are in favor of closing the asylum and kicking all the patients out into the public?

phragle
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
hell yeah!!

fund razor
05-15-2009, 05:56 PM
hell yeah!!

That's a very gonzo answer. :D

phragle
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Fundy...your more fun than my lawyer..we must do ether together soon...

fund razor
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I will pick you up in the Shark.

cig1988
05-16-2009, 05:57 AM
I started this thread for info only! The mud slinging needs to stop. As Chris said be civil and do not post any negativity here.

randomboater
05-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I started this thread for info only! The mud slinging needs to stop. As Chris said be civil and do not post any negativity here.

I hardly think this thread was started for informational purposes only based on your very first post that got the thread started, but opinions are like...well you know and can figure out the rest.

I personally see no problem with posting a good or bad buying experience with someone. The issue I have with this last and first post is you were not a part of this dealing so posting your initial opinion that is far from a neutral is viewed as slinging mud in my book, hence your calling the kettle black and being a hipocrit on your own thread. Thats not to mention the other things you have said on other threads. Do as I say, not as I do?

There were a lot of want to be experts and internet want to be lawyers who jumped on this when the story first broke out. Its one thing to state your opinion from a buying experience with someone. Its another to trash someone in which you had no dealings with at all. I respect that you took it upon yourself to start an informational thread but you slung the first handful of mud and you cant exactly put the cat back in the bag now. I appreciate that Chris has asked things to be civil now though.

stecz20
05-16-2009, 01:26 PM
I hardly think this thread was started for informational purposes only based on your very first post that got the thread started, but opinions are like...well you know and can figure out the rest.

I personally see no problem with posting a good or bad buying experience with someone. The issue I have with this last and first post is you were not a part of this dealing so posting your initial opinion that is far from a neutral is viewed as slinging mud in my book, hence your calling the kettle black and being a hipocrit on your own thread. Thats not to mention the other things you have said on other threads. Do as I say, not as I do?

There were a lot of want to be experts and internet want to be lawyers who jumped on this when the story first broke out. Its one thing to state your opinion from a buying experience with someone. Its another to trash someone in which you had no dealings with at all. I respect that you took it upon yourself to start an informational thread but you slung the first handful of mud and you cant exactly put the cat back in the bag now. I appreciate that Chris has asked things to be civil now though.

you made 12 posts in this forum, all on this thread.. talk about having an agenda...:seeya::seeya:

randomboater
05-16-2009, 02:58 PM
you made 12 posts in this forum, all on this thread.. talk about having an agenda...:seeya::seeya:

Its good to know someone can count, at least to 12. I didnt realize lurking was considered an agenda. I'm not a performance boater so I apologize for not having any input in other threads to fit your standard.

If having 12 posts on this thread is considered an agenda to this forum, I would think you would have to at least own a boat to be a fondling member of this fourum.

old377guy
05-16-2009, 03:26 PM
* just lurking - not an agenda
* having just 13 posts - not NECESSARILY an agenda
* boat ownership - not germane
* posting only in this section only on this topic - AGENDA

randomboater
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
*posting only in this section only on this topic - AGENDA

If my posts were one sided or all about LDD or Prostock I could see your point, but they are not. I actually address both sides and give tid bits of information that I know from being local to LDD. I'm following like everyone else. No Agenda at all

Why would I post in other areas of which I know nothing about topics being discussed?

old377guy
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
If my posts were one sided or all about LDD or Prostock I could see your point, but they are not. I actually address both sides and give tid bits of information that I know from being local to LDD. I'm following like everyone else. No Agenda at all

Why would I post in other areas of which I know nothing about topics being discussed?

I take your point. Your handle led me to believe that you were interested in boating.

stecz20
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Its good to know someone can count, at least to 12. I didnt realize lurking was considered an agenda. I'm not a performance boater so I apologize for not having any input in other threads to fit your standard.

If having 12 posts on this thread is considered an agenda to this forum, I would think you would have to at least own a boat to be a fondling member of this fourum.

do you know how im involved in ldd's story.. did you know i was involved at all??

randomboater
05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I take your point. Your handle led me to believe that you were interested in boating.

I most certainly am interested in boating but I will not speak on subjects I know nothing about. I have seen some beautiful performance boats but have no experience or expertise with them, they are much different vessles than my boat of choice.

do you know how im involved in ldd's story.. did you know i was involved at all??

I do know your not the buyer or the seller in the transaction which should be enough and the end of it, but its not. I'm also aware that someone was very vocal until he found his name could be easily brought into the mix of the suit and he has been quiet about things since. I wouldnt advertise involvement if your truly involved although I doubt you are heavily involved other than possibly helping financially support the plantiff.

stecz20
05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I most certainly am interested in boating but I will not speak on subjects I know nothing about. I have seen some beautiful performance boats but have no experience or expertise with them, they are much different vessles than my boat of choice.

I do know your not the buyer or the seller in the transaction which should be enough and the end of it, but its not. I'm also aware that someone was very vocal until he found his name could be easily brought into the mix of the suit and he has been quiet about things since. I wouldnt advertise involvement if your truly involved although I doubt you are heavily involved other than possibly helping financially support the plantiff.

wrong on all levels.... but, you are just another keyboard jockey trying to get his rocks off... i guess you're all about the facts huh. good man...

phragle
05-17-2009, 12:13 AM
there are many discussions here reguarding things other than performance boats, we talk about woman, booze, money, music, planes trains and automobiles... hell the occasional farm animal has been mentioned from time to time. Surely you can find a topic here you have interest or experience in... If not and you just want to post in this single thread, all I ask is that you keep it pertinent, respectfull and factual. This thread and othes like it on other sites has been speculated and what-if'd to death. if you have a relavent update feel free to post otherwise please do not poke a sleeping bear with a sharp stick.

And yes, there are others here (occasionally myself) that know better and should put their sticks down.

cig1988
05-17-2009, 06:27 AM

If you really knew what was going on from the get go the first post was a copy & paste from another site. Rather than scroll through numerous pages it was all summed up hence the readers digest version. As everyone mentioned all of your post's pertain to this thread and I take your comments with a grain of salt! I have no dog in this fight but seems to me like you do. Perhaps it's time to reveal who you really are.
Unlike other sites there is no negativity here so take your little keyboard elsewhere. IMO you should be banned and your post's deleted.

BTW...how's business?

randomboater
05-17-2009, 07:57 AM
If you really knew what was going on from the get go the first post was a copy & paste from another site. Rather than scroll through numerous pages it was all summed up hence the readers digest version. As everyone mentioned all of your post's pertain to this thread and I take your comments with a grain of salt! I have no dog in this fight but seems to me like you do. Perhaps it's time to reveal who you really are.
Unlike other sites there is no negativity here so take your little keyboard elsewhere. IMO you should be banned and your post's deleted.

BTW...how's business?

There is really no need for an elaborate explaination. I simply said you asked for things to be civil and this is an informational blah blah blah yet you were the first person to slang some mud. All I was saying is if your going to ask for that, you should abide by that. You can easily edit your posts as I have done several times, so if thats your intention you should change your original post but I dont see you doing that.

I have explained who I was in this thread, how I fit into this situation and just like I did a little reading to figure you out, you can do the same to figure me out if you choose. Or you can simply come down here to Lake Guntersville and hang out with us on the sand bar where often times this topic is openly discussed amoungst some locals. Im not here to start trouble or cause problems, I'm just here for information like some and to keep things in perspective on both sides. If you cant respect that I'm for whats fair on both sides then maybe you have the agenda here.

as for business, business is doing quite well considering the current status of the economy. I appreciate you asking, how is your business doing?

Ratickle
05-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I think that I will take Randomboater's comments with a grain of salt, as he registered using the name "Harry Richard" and used a fraudulent zip code (11852).

I think I am more curious why someone would join here under false pretenses that I am with what will happen in the LDD case.

Guntersville is 35976.......

fund razor
05-17-2009, 08:44 AM
11852 is not used in the US postal system.

phragle
05-17-2009, 08:56 AM
then with my complete lack of spelling ability..I'm in deep chit. Remember guys in 2 weeks we will be having a strong presence in OC and hopefully attracting new members... is this the kind of posting we wish them to find????

phragle
05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
The point I am making is (and as a charter member it is my responsability to do so) that its not about the apples in the pie..it's about the flavor..it's bitter..our guests come to the restaurant for something sweet and tasty not something sour and bitter.

randomboater
05-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by fund razor
I think that I will take Randomboater's comments with a grain of salt, as he registered using the name "Harry Richard" and used a fraudulent zip code (11852).

I think I am more curious why someone would join here under false pretenses that I am with what will happen in the LDD case.

This is all true, and I'm not going to say its not. There are different people who have access to this username for different purposes related to this topic. It depends who is on the keyboard as to the response you will read, but we all have pretty much the same opinion. Keep it fair for both sides involved and by all means keep it realisitcal.

The point I am making is (and as a charter member it is my responsability to do so) that its not about the apples in the pie..it's about the flavor..it's bitter..our guests come to the restaurant for something sweet and tasty not something sour and bitter.

Excellent post and I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone.

Admin
05-17-2009, 11:22 AM
This is all true, and I'm not going to say its not. There are different people who have access to this username for different purposes related to this topic. It depends who is on the keyboard as to the response you will read, but we all have pretty much the same opinion.

We don't permit group memberships or single-agenda members. You've admitted in your own words that you're (you all) are here for this topic alone and you're sharing a membership among multiple parties.

Prostock85
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for doing what was right, I'm hardly on and never post because this whole deal is just pathetic. I personally have taken it off the boards as its simply not professional. I hope as many that this will be resolved soon. I will by no means allow this garbage to affect my passion for the sport.

As I'm frequently in Al, I wonder if LDD remembers meeting me. I almost even bought a car from Nolan Newman Motors right on RT 1. Great bunch of people over there. I even checked out the ramp where the boat damage happened. Lake Guntersville is however beautiful.

Skullkrusher
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Chris,
Phragle makes a good point. I don't see how this thread would make a good impression to a new member (or any outsider) on this site. Both parties are individuals not businesses. Let them clean up their own mess. Lock this thread up. If one of them wants to open a new thread after court case is over, let it happen then.

Chris
05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
The purpose of this section of the site is to allow members to let others know of their experiences resulting from a financial transaction. It doesn't really matter if they're businesses or private individuals. However, Steve Thomas is a vehicle dealer and commonly had boats for sale.

What the purpose of this section is NOT is a place for bloodsport. It seems like every once in a while someone gets bored and stirs this up again. While entertaining for some, that really provides little positive benefit for the community.

When constructing this site, there were many discussions about how it would be run and inevitably those discussions involved how things were handled "elsewhere". We all agreed we didn't like random edits, deletions and locked threads. We also didn't like decisions based on any political motivations. Since we have a very large moderating staff and a deep bench on the admin side, we are able to address these issues individually and have conversations with the parties involved. This typically negates the need to take the quick out and close a thread and move on. So far we've been successful at that. I can't say that everyone always goes away happy, but no one goes away feeling disrespected or treated like a child.

Pending further development or final resolution on this, we're going to close the thread to further posts. If something of substance materializes, we can just as easily unlock it. All we need is a PM advising us that something of merit needs to be added.

Thanks.