PDA

View Full Version : Internet shopping at Lowe's

Buoy
11-24-2013, 03:54 PM
I've got a small project around the house, and it's one of those projects where I need 1 of these, 2 of those, blah, blah...
Not a big deal, maybe $25 worth of small crap - nuts, bolts, washers, eyebolts, weatherstrip, etc...

Well, I know rounding all this chit up at the hardware store was gonna be a PITA, and probably an hour walking around the store, asking clueless employees where to find something...

So, yesterday evening, while sitting here drinking beer, I ordered everything online for pickup at my local Lowe's (I'm sure HD would have this too) and put it on my credit card.
When my wife went out grocery shopping this morning, I had her stop and pick it up.
It was all waiting in the bag with the receipt. Walk in, walk out. Perfect.

Screw that running around the store crap!! I'ma gonna do this more often.
Let one of their employees run around the store picking out my stuff, it doesn't cost anything.

fund razor
11-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I've got a small project around the house, and it's one of those projects where I need 1 of these, 2 of those, blah, blah...
Not a big deal, maybe $25 worth of small crap - nuts, bolts, washers, eyebolts, weatherstrip, etc...

Well, I know rounding all this chit up at the hardware store was gonna be a PITA, and probably an hour walking around the store, asking clueless employees where to find something...

So, yesterday evening, while sitting here drinking beer, I ordered everything online for pickup at my local Lowe's (I'm sure HD would have this too) and put it on my credit card.
When my wife went out grocery shopping this morning, I had her stop and pick it up.
It was all waiting in the bag with the receipt. Walk in, walk out. Perfect.

Screw that running around the store crap!! I'ma gonna do this more often.
Let one of their employees run around the store picking out my stuff, it doesn't cost anything.

I hope the employee was having a good day.

Buoy
11-24-2013, 04:14 PM
They are running around looking for SKU numbers, I think it would be pretty hard to screw it up.
But then again, it is downtown AJ...
No wait, it's Mesa, so there is hope.:)

Bobcat
11-25-2013, 09:52 AM
I go online to Home Depot , before I go tot the store....just to make sure they have what I need in stock.

clayinaustin
11-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Ha Ha! Welcome to the age of the Internet and Online Shopping. :p

Buoy
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Ha Ha! Welcome to the age of the Internet and Online Shopping. :p

Ha! Yeah, I know...

I've just never used this in-store thing before, and it worked out well.

rschap1
11-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I try to do as much set up prior to hitting the store as possible
Including price compare.
Just about every place matches prices now.
I go to wherever I prefer and get best service, BUT...
make sure to tell them of their crappy competitors lower price.
HD will actually discount another 10%-15% further on identical stuff.