PDA

View Full Version : Comming to Tampa

scottc
12-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey all,
I'm comming to Tampa for a cruise on Jan 11 and need a place to stay for my GF and I. Anyone know of a place to stay that's not overpriced for one night? Needs to be close to the Cruise ships or have a shuttle to them.
Thanks all.

cigdaze
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Channelside Marriot is is THE place to stay in downtown Tampa. Prices vary, typically about 200 a night.
If that doesn't work, I'd recommend staying as close to Channelside as you can. Channelside is a waterfront entertainment district in the heart of downtown Tampa and there's endless entertainment, shopping, dining, and drinking.
Here: http://www.channelside.com/

OldSchool
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Expedia.com, orbitz.com, hotels.com, ymca.com, travelocity.com

....or you could just google "hotels in Tampa, FL"

jmeng
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Other than Channelside, is there anything going on in Tampa right after new years. I'll be in Plant City visiting my grandfather the 4th - 9th. Been down there a ton of times but other than the airport I've never seen much of Tampa/Clearwater. Any suggestions on what to do down there? Wife wants to do the tourist thing... :)

scottc
12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Expedia.com, orbitz.com, hotels.com, ymca.com, travelocity.com

....or you could just google "hotels in Tampa, FL"

Thanks Craig,
But was looking for some past exp not going shoping. I looked at lots of sites but nothing better than some real people for their input. Just need a place to lay my head before We get on the ship. I have heard there are lots of places to avoid and don't want to go there. Just like going to Annapolis, a fun place but go on block in the wrong direction and you are in trouble.

cigdaze
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Yes, there are plenty of areas to avoid. Stick to Channelside and you'll alright and have a good time. It's right near the cruise port, too.