PDA

View Full Version : bravo trin pump

phragle
05-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Anybody have one?? think I need one...gonna do a little more trouble shooting tomorrow but all I get is clicks.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-26-2013, 10:15 PM
You need to trouble shoot it . Need a volt meter to check for 12 volts at the big poles on the solenoids. Check for ground. There is a fuse block square thing the protects the pump. It could be blown. The switch that clicks the solenoid typically has a separate power source. If you have voltage at the solenoids you could tap on the top of the motor while clicking it. The solenoids could be bad and not passing the current. Take the time to figure it out before assuming its the pump.

phragle
05-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Will do, thanks Jim!!

fund razor
05-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I have four, but I am using them all. Here is the service manual.

fund razor
05-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey, you know, Rob.

I was thinking about when I re-rigged my boat. If memory serves, on my DRIVE pumps there is a pair of heavier gauge main power supply wires for the pump. On my boat, that main 12V positive lead attaches to the stud on the starter with a large eye connector. In my case, the ground goes back to the battery in the harness with the hydraulic lines. Those wires are like 10 gauge?

Maybe this is something to check. (Not saying that you haven't already. Plus, maybe it wouldn't "click" without that 12v?)

On my TRIM pumps, they get that main 12V + supply from my battery switches near the trim pumps.

old377guy
05-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Just jump across the solenoid terminals; motor's fine, just hasn't run in a while and/or a bit of corrosion in the solenoid. Be careful whenever making sparks in the engine compartment.

Ratickle
05-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Any luck?

phragle
05-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Im at work...two more midnight shifts and I finally after years of nights switch to days. Foaming the bolsters this afternoon and I am thinking about pulling a pump out of the nova and trying it. Tried jumping selonoids already. A dead pump wouldnt suprise me. I started working on the rigging and after finding the second dead toggle switch in a row, I just ordered 7 new switches without even looking at the others. 5 minutes alone with the jackazz who orinially wired this resing bucket, thats all i ask, 5 minutes alone.....

Bobcat
05-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone (Official Video) - YouTube (http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7nIZkqRRGTEAAQZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyaGJ1bjRkBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xv A2FjMgR2dGlkA0RGRDVfOTM-/SIG=120gh7mkm/EXP=1369768601/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=7m7njvwB-Ks)

Ratickle
05-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Im at work...two more midnight shifts and I finally after years of nights switch to days. Foaming the bolsters this afternoon and I am thinking about pulling a pump out of the nova and trying it. Tried jumping selonoids already. A dead pump wouldnt suprise me. I started working on the rigging and after finding the second dead toggle switch in a row, I just ordered 7 new switches without even looking at the others. 5 minutes alone with the jackazz who orinially wired this resing bucket, thats all i ask, 5 minutes alone.....

You won't know what to do in the sunlight.

phragle
05-28-2013, 11:40 PM
You won't know what to do in the sunlight.

Unfortunatly too much sunlight. Dr. cut about a dime size chunk out of my arm today, get the biopsy results back next thursday and then he said he would decide how much bigger of a chunk he is going to take out. He said he could pretty much gaurentee that there will be more cutting.

Ratickle
05-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Enough about you. What about the pump?:sifone:

(Good luck on the biopsy bud)