PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOAT GOING TO QATAR......

Pat D
05-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Please go to the superboat.com website and read the press release for this
big announcement that happened this morning in Cocoa Beach.
Very hot dusty day in the pits today...........I'm done....:ack2:

Ratickle
05-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Come on now. Freeze said it was great race water and weather (just a little cloudy)....

Serious Offshore
05-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Super Boat International to Sanction Powerboat Race in Qatar
By SBI on May 18, 2013
Press Release

COCOA BEACH, FL (May 18, 2013) – Super Boat International (SBI) is proud to announce the recent agreement with Qatar Marine Sports Federation (QMSF) and his Excellency Sheikh Hassan bin Jabor Al-Thani to sanction and promote the Qatar Cup in January 2014 in State of Qatar, in the Middle East. The commitment by Hassan to host such a grand racing event and for SBI to sanction another select international race, demonstrates the strong relationship between both East and West organizations.

Founder and President of Super Boat International, John Carbonell, comments on the 2014 event, “Sheikh Hassan raced our World Championships in Key West a few years ago and earned the coveted 1st Place championship trophy among a very strong field of competitors. His team and crew demonstrated the highest level of professionalism during the week, which also earned him the “Golden Eagle Award”. The award is given to only one team that portrays those respected traits during the weeklong event.”

“We believe this is a great opportunity for SBI to showcase the strength of its international sanctioning power along with giving teams access to lucrative purses. Various Superboat classes will each have a $100,000 purse and teams will benefit from QMSF shipping the raceboats to Qatar after the Key West World Championships this November. We are excited about the opportunity to work alongside Sheikh Hassan in Qatar 2014, and we are also looking forward to his commitment to race our series this year. His loyalty to SBI is unprecedented with commitments to campaign two offshore powerboats, his 50’ Mystic in the Turbine class and his repowered 44’ MTI in the Superboat class.”

“I am delighted to announce that I have reached this exciting agreement with John Carbonell and we have agreed to this new co-operation between the QMSF and SBI,” enthused the president of the QMSF. Two of the key factors in the decision-making process were the strength and depth of SBI, as well as the solid schedule that is in place for the 2013 & 2014 racing season,” comments His Excellency Hassan. “We have discussed, at length, the format of the Qatar Cup that we will host in Qatar in January 2014”, added Hassan.

Ratickle
05-19-2013, 08:05 AM
So what day will you have to leave Pat?:sifone:

Are you riding over with the boats??????:eek:

Pat D
05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Don't know what day we leave but there are 3 of us that have birthdays the week I'm told we will be there.
Partyyyyyyyyyyy.....:bday:

And no..I'm not going with the boats....I want a direct flight which I'm sure Bubba will be on.

Bobcat
05-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Are you allowed drink Beer in Qatar......??? If not....I ain't going:toetap05:

Pete B
05-20-2013, 07:31 AM
yes at the hotels, not too many direct flights, and its about 13 Plus hours in the air, going 14 coming back. tail winds going head winds coming home.

Ratickle
05-21-2013, 04:05 AM
Are the hydros and offshore boats traveling over and back on the same hauler ship?

SteveDavid
05-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Hi Rat, Unlimiteds don't return until November 2014. We raced our 2012 Worlds in January of this year and our 2013 Worlds in Feb. of this year.
The Offshore folks will be treated royally. I would highly recommend each one going read up on Qatari culture and bring the best of America with them, both in racing and off site behavior. Their culture is quite the opposite of KeyWest. Yet a beautiful land, kind people and respectful of Americans. No public alcohol consumption except in select hotels. And for a couple of my Offshore buddies, the tough one; No cussing:)

Bobcat
05-27-2013, 01:43 PM
I have a potty mouth...:o and I've been known to hoist a few:rolleyes:

Ratickle
05-28-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks Steve, I was a bit confused. I was thinking that was going to be an annual pilgramage. Do the final race, championship, of the year in Qatar in January. Then do the first race of the following season in Qatar in February. I was thinking that in-between, have an offshore race now. Take all of the boats over and back on the same ship. Then you coould race all three races.....:sifone:

Good luck in Sacramento. That race has been a long time coming back.

Pat D
05-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Hmmmm.....no cussing?

I'll start working on that.................tomorrow

Ratickle
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
You may want to wait until after Orange Beach...:sifone:

Pat D
05-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Good point.......
or maybe after Sarasota........

or how about after Nov. 10th:)

Ratickle
05-30-2013, 04:09 AM
After the World's may be the best plan of all.