Bobcat
05-06-2013, 05:59 PM
:cool:

Wrinkleface
05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Cool!!! BBB should do that 2 his!!!!:biggrinjester:

Ratickle
05-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I agree. And before Boyne Thunder too!!!!!

Bobcat
05-06-2013, 07:20 PM
We should do it and surprise him !!!!:biggrinjester:

Buoy
05-06-2013, 07:45 PM
I hope that's just a wrap.

Ratickle
05-08-2013, 04:20 AM
We should do it and surprise him !!!!:biggrinjester:

Good idea! I wonder if he'd notice?

old377guy
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I was walking over to my soapbox but turned around and went back for more coffee instead

fund razor
05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Only Greg Norman could get away with that.
Maybe.

Ratickle
05-09-2013, 04:17 AM
I was walking over to my soapbox but turned around and went back for more coffee instead

Well, get your azz up on it....

Ratickle
05-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Maybe it's Sharkey's boat?

old377guy
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
If you recall, I already tweaked 80%+ of all boaters with my rant on cartoon character graphics etc. But now that you bring it up, I was helping my buddy re-install a fairing on his Ducati. He had raced Ducati's for years and just street bikes these days. He was asking me why some folks in high performance boat circles leaned toward garish paint schemes; he couldn't wrap his head around it. He said he couldn't imagine taking an exquisitely crafted piece if high performance machinery and putting Bugs Bunny decals on it. I couldn't offer any real reason other than " whatever floats your boat":cool:

rschap1
05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
No such thing as bad publicity...

some folks just want attention

fund razor
05-09-2013, 11:48 AM
If you recall, I already tweaked 80%+ of all boaters with my rant on cartoon character graphics etc. But now that you bring it up, I was helping my buddy re-install a fairing on his Ducati. He had raced Ducati's for years and just street bikes these days. He was asking me why some folks in high performance boat circles leaned toward garish paint schemes; he couldn't wrap his head around it. He said he couldn't imagine taking an exquisitely crafted piece if high performance machinery and putting Bugs Bunny decals on it. I couldn't offer any real reason other than " whatever floats your boat":cool:

Why did he ask you? Did you used to have one?

:) :) :cheers2:

fund razor
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
He was asking me why some folks in high performance boat circles leaned toward garish paint schemes

Because you can't see their gold chain from here. :biggrinjester::leaving:

poncho
05-09-2013, 04:51 PM

I have a dislike for theme boats especially from MTI. I like the solid colors that are coming out of DCB, like the one that flipped at Desert Storm.

old377guy
05-09-2013, 07:21 PM
A little more of my opinion. I think flashy, trashy, garish and even silly have their place commercially, witness the Geico boat - that little lizard is CUTE!. If a person want's to appoint their personal boat tastefully- just go to the Kachina paint job thread from years ago and do the OPPOSITE. Again, we are our own men and everyone has the right to put whatever on whatever - but I always need to remember that to the degree that I go outside the bounds of classic/timeless design and great aesthetics - to just that degree I relinquish any stylistic defensibility. To sum up my point, I have NO right to have my feelings hurt when Thurston Blueblood III looks down his nose and snickers at the Saturday Morning Menagerie plastered all over my hull. Ok, I feel better.

Bobcat
05-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Doing this to Brook's boat would be one expensive practical joke.....about 10K ? That being said...I'm in !:sifone:

Ratickle
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Maybe Ryan will give me a really good deal?????

Ratickle
05-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Now, if a wrap is too expensive, have you watched some of those street plate painter guys in Cancun etc? I bet they'd do it for the price of a one-way ticket and some cheap credentials.....

Wrinkleface
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Doing this to Brook's boat would be one expensive practical joke.....about 10K ? That being said...I'm in !:sifone:

he's in Cheeseville now, letz do it!!!:hurray:

Ratickle
05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Just to keep the "B"s intact, it would have to be a Bruce shark......

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/BrooksBruceBoat.jpg (http://s730.photobucket.com/user/ptrose/media/BrooksBruceBoat.jpg.html)

Bobcat
05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
:eek:

Ratickle
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Does kind of look like Brooks.....

phragle
05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
have you seen the artwork on trains?? give some kid in the hood 20 bucks and a case of krylon..... In all actuality my old chief and I were discussing having one of those kids do a mural on the back wall of the engine bay in the firestation.

BBB725
05-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Just to keep the "B"s intact, it would have to be a Bruce shark......

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/BrooksBruceBoat.jpg (http://s730.photobucket.com/user/ptrose/media/BrooksBruceBoat.jpg.html)

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword, I'm pretty sure the boss wouldn't go for it and as Ricky says

Paul would have some spainin to do:)

Ratickle
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
She'd love it......:sifone:

Ratickle
05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
have you seen the artwork on trains?? give some kid in the hood 20 bucks and a case of krylon..... In all actuality my old chief and I were discussing having one of those kids do a mural on the back wall of the engine bay in the firestation.

CAn you send me a coouple names and numbers quick? I hear he's on the road on his way up north and will be passing through Chicago fairly soon??