PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Cruise Anyone?????

Ratickle
02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Nice cruise, huh????

Passengers on the Carnival Triumph will get an additional $500 in compensation, the cruise line said late Wednesday. The cash payout is in addition to a full refund and future cruise credit Carnival announced earlier in the week.

Passengers on board the Triumph, stranded since Sunday, have faced tough conditions including foul odors, inoperative toilets and long waits for food.

“The worst part is the bathrooms,” passenger Donna Gutzman told NBC News. “There’s no water. You can’t really flush so everyone’s going in little plastic baggies and putting it outside their rooms.”

Fewer than two dozen public toilets are working, Carnival said.

The ship is being towed to port in Mobile, Ala., and is expected to arrive some time Thursday. A third tugboat was dispatched from Louisiana Wednesday to help the towing efforts.

poncho
02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
I was seriously considering taking a cruise until this. I still might because these incidents are rare.

Ratickle
02-14-2013, 06:13 AM
We've taken several, Carnival lines were our least favorite. But, we were married and they seem to cater more to singles and families....

Donskihp
02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Just got off one (Carnival-Dream) on the 2nd, from Port Canaveral. The economy has effected them as well, they really cut back on the food, and other anemities. Even the slots don't give change when you win, they just credit your sail and sign card. And I didn't see many people winning.

old377guy
02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I'll pass

rschap1
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Wow, what a payout...$500, refund, and another free cruise.
Some folks made it sound HORRIBLE
Guessing the ante will be upped for some of the folks

Stevie-Ray
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
For that kind of payout, I'd have my next one booked already. I've been on 7 cruises, 6 were Carnival.

kitepool
03-02-2013, 12:02 AM
(I'd rather have my own ship)
seriously though,

I think i landed on a plane in Cozumel the same day that ship shoved off from the same island
(days after the stunt plane crash)
(crazy)
had a great time rented a zebra car 4 3 days, kitesurfed 3 other days,
awesome food @ eleven nites @ different restauraunts!

screw cruis ships! just fly direct to cozumel

kitepool
03-02-2013, 12:07 AM
and i got to kite surf from a small boat ride at the best lagoon kite spot there!
and ( also fast boat related )
i had the occasion to kiteboard show off
for the "Aqua Tweester" thrill ride jet boat tour

(aqua twister is a 20? seat twin jet vee hull, thirty footer? ride that soaks riders)

poncho
03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
I think Id rather charter a small yacht with 6 friends over a first class cruise. Can do more on a yacht in the Caribbean then a cruise ship. this article has me going hmmm: Charter Yacht Pricing: Cheaper than you Think - YachtWorld Charters (http://www.yachtworldcharters.com/articles/charter-yacht-pricing-cheaper-than-you-think)

Ratickle
03-02-2013, 09:33 PM
We've talked about doing a smaller charter from your town to Alaska one of these years......

I spent a summer in Alaska when I was in High School, cool state and want to take Terri there to show her what a real salmon looks like.....

poncho
03-03-2013, 03:01 AM
I've only been close to the Alaska border. I caught a 38lb salmon on that trip. Came in second place for a tournament, won a rod and reel that I still have. First place was 15ft Boston Whaler. My Dad and Uncle want to start a charter boat doing fishing and site seeing.

Ratickle
03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I caught a 96 pounder on the Kenai River way back then. Biggest I ever caught when I lived in Oregon was a 46 pounder out the mouth of the Columbia.....