PDA

View Full Version : Hell of a Suicidee Note

Bobcat
11-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Local businessman found dead at home Nov. 8
CITIZEN STAFF

A Key West businessman who for years gave to AIDS Help and other charities may have taken his own life after a bout of depression over a struggling business and the recent election results, his partner said Tuesday.

A police detective found 64-year-old Henry Smith Hamilton Jr., owner of Duval Square Tropical Tan, dead at 11:55 a.m. Thursday in his La Brisa condominium on South Roosevelt Boulevard.

Officers found him on his back in the middle of his bed, his left arm flung across his face.

Found on his bathroom sink was a copy of his living will on which was handwritten, "Do not revive! F--- Obama!" according to police reports.

Hamilton had been distressed about his business and "very upset" with the outcome of the Nov. 6 presidential election, his partner told police.

"If Barack gets re-elected, I'm not going to be around," Hamilton had said, according to his partner of 11 years, Michael Cossey, who spoke to police.

A detective found three prescription bottles in the dining room: one empty bottle for 1 milligram Alprazolams, one empty bottle for 150 milligram Seroquels and another bottle for 50-milligram Seroquels that still had pills inside, reports say.

Alprazolam is also known as Xanax. Seroquel is used to treat insomnia and bipolar disorder, according to drugs.com.

Those medications, however, were prescribed to Cossey, Hamilton's roommate and partner of 11 years.

On Tuesday, Cossey said he did not believe Hamilton ingested those pills, but that he may have taken other pills and drunk alcohol.

The cause of death is pending the autopsy by the medical examiner. There was no suspicious activity noted nor signs of trauma to Hamilton's body listed in the incident reports.

Cossey, 31, said Hamilton had been worried as of late over the tanning business, his other investments and how Obama's re-election would affect his financial holdings.

Hamilton was also a former La Brisa Condominiums Association president, Cossey said.

fund razor
11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Cossey killed him.

Write it down. I'll sign it.

poncho
11-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Cossey killed him.

Write it down. I'll sign it.

Thats a pretty good bet!

old377guy
11-14-2012, 10:02 PM
and that's Cossey not Cozzi, right?

clayinaustin
11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Idiot! Glad he's dead! :mad:

fund razor
11-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Idiot! Glad he's dead! :mad:
Did he owe you money? :)

TUCK646
11-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I'll have to read official reports , so far all of the above ¿

Bobcat
11-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Gotta love a gay Republican....he was melodramatic right to the end...

fund razor
11-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Maybe too melodramatic.

Was the 31 year old the sole beneficiary, by any chance?

Bobcat
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
I think his businesses were in the tank, probably lost his ass in Real Estate 5 years ago.

Bobcat
11-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I will say this, in November 2008, the day Owebama got elected , it was like someone threw a switch and everything just stopped...and this is a liberal town..this year we had a nice hiccup and it has been good...but I look for KW businesses to go back to riding out the storm and not spending any money on anything but the basics.

fund razor
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I think his businesses were in the tank, probably lost his ass in Real Estate 5 years ago.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Buoy
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
There's a joke in there somewhere.

Probably more than just a joke...

Bobcat
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
A bottomless pit of jokes......:bump: