PDA

View Full Version : Rough cost of a new paint job

stevewy
09-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Any idea (ballpark) what a high quality paint job would run on a 43 XC. No fiberglass repair needed, and my tastes are on the simple side. Even having a rough range would be helpful

Offshore Ginger
09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Steve , the bottom line is a good paint job depends on just how much you really want to spend or how much your pocket book / wallet will bare , and for starters i have the total approximate paint cost of speed racer which was ( $50.000 ) along with a few others that i will try to post just to give you a general idea .

TUCK646
09-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Roughly, one arm, one leg, one eye, and your two front teeth. sorry, i couldn't resist. Youch ĦĦthat is alot of boat an economical paint on that, depresses me

wrap that rascal? .

stevewy
09-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm definitely not looking/thinking of anything with the detail of speed racer.

Offshore Ginger
09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Steve without trying to pry just what are you l@@king for plain Jane or .........................?

stevewy
09-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Not sure Ginger. I've been looking for a BT to purchase for a few months. Ive seen a few nice ones for sale but for one reason or another haven't been able to find the right one. I'm looking at one tomorrow that I've done a quick drive by on, and I really don't like the graphics. Otherwise the boat is really clean, has the right power set up, is in the right price range, etc.

To give you a sense of my tastes; if you go to the new BT website/photo tab among the first course pics you'll see a white one, with red and black graphics. I like that a lot. The design is eye catching, sporty, but not too wild. I'll look around and see if I can come up with a couple other examples. Thanks for your interest

stevewy
09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Just scrolled through some past pics posted here. In the "pics" thread on page 3, most of those are my style/taste. So, nothing as elaborate as Speed Racer, monopoly, etc ---- but also not plain. More of a sporty look, racing style graphics (checker board etc), and colors that will stand the test of time. Does that help?

Ratickle
09-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Just scrolled through some past pics posted here. In the "pics" thread on page 3, most of those are my style/taste. So, nothing as elaborate as Speed Racer, monopoly, etc ---- but also not plain. More of a sporty look, racing style graphics (checker board etc), and colors that will stand the test of time. Does that help?

This Page?

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/black-thunder/13161-pics-3.html

stevewy
09-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Yup

endeavor1
04-10-2013, 10:56 PM
So what was final number on this ??